Best combination to get for vidya?

I'm moving to a nicer area and can finally buy expensive things. Although, I'll probably only be at this new place for a couple of months, so what's the best combo to have?
>want to be able to work portably
>want to play games at a decent graphical level

Xbox One X + mid-high spec Laptop seems like the best option?

Best combo would be to go full idort if you can afford it, covers all grounds
Otherwise it depends on what games you want to play. Xboner with a PC seems pretty dumb since most of their exclusives are on PC so I'd go with a ps4 or a hacked Wii u

for one OP you don't need an Xbox and any pc/laptop combo - hyenas play the exact same games.

Best bet is PC + PS4 + 3DS + Switch/Wii U, but this depends on what games you like.

>Western games
PC only

>Japanese games
PS4 + Vita

>Nintendo games
3DS and maybe Switch by 2020

Xbone is Wee U level and there's no reason to buy one.

>Ps4 pro for the games
>Pc for multiplats, graphics
>Switch for po-
>Good phone for portable emulation

>hyenas

*they

fucking phone

except a Wii u can be hacked to be somewhat useful. An Xbox one is Just a paperweight

Mid range PC and PS4 (Xbones exclusives 90% of the time go to PC, its nothing against Xbox but if you have a PC there isnt much reason to get an Xbox). PCs best exclusives dont need high end builds. If you want to be the guy though try to get everything at some point.

This is really the answer. I actually wend cold turkey on vidya for 2 years after HS to get an accelerated bachelor's degree and then another year with low gaming time while I interned to secure a decent wage. Now I'm full idort with no pain at all. Your PC is going to be the priciest purchase if you want to play all of the games. That can be financed interest free for a year if you shop around. Consoles should never be an issue if you have a good job. They're cheap. If you are inclined to marry and have kids, just get a decent PC and forget console exclusives. You won't have the time or energy to keep up with your gaming anyways.

whatever two systems you deem to have the most value.

The the things you think will play the games relative to how you want to play them

Extra info:
>talking about the NEW XBOX ONE COMING OUT!
>gaming pc not an easy option because need portability
>Gave PS4 to bro and don't want to buy it again
>not interested in nintendo

I imagine the laptop won't graphically be able to match the the X One X, unless I pay unreasonably more than expected, and would be resigned to just work tasks

Sounds like you actively want a Xbone, why are you even asking what to get when you clearly have no intention of getting a workable PC, a PS4 or Nintendo system you moron. Just Get an Xbone for fuck sake, its what you actually want.

I'll never go back to not having a desktop PC, laptops are too "MAC-ish", like, you can't change parts, the cooling is compromised, it's really fucking expensive, can't upgrade parts, etc, and besides, a gaming PC completely eclipses any console, easily, SPECIALLY an Xbone considering it has almost all of its exclusives except for Rare Replay

I had a high end laptop circa 2010 until 2014, and I'd say: it can't replace a proper desktop

Go cry elsewhere, just making sure people know the console I'm talking.

I would rather have gaming pc, but dont see it as an easy option/not sure if the cost-benefit is worth it

>Cry
M8, you asked which platforms to get but never had any intentions of getting anything but the Xbone and laptop, why did you even ask if you were never interested in the other options.

PC+Switch has the most potential.

>Xbox one

IT has 28 exclusives and half of them are variations of halo, Forza, or Indy art games/sidescrollers no one cares about. Also quantum break if that's your thing. If you absolutely need a console get a switch or ps4

Btw this isn't an exaggeration you can go to the Xbox one website, check their games ,filter for exclusives and see that what is being said here is true. Than you'll notice that the other half of the exclusives are also shit

Mid range PC.
+
PS4 (Pro only if you can get a good deal)
+
Switch

You cover all your bases that way and future proof yourself against any must have platform exclusives or dodgy PC ports of multiplatform games for at least the next 3 or 4 years.

You can also add in a Vita or 3DS too if you really need some of their exclusives, but the Switch and PS4 are going to be covering those more and more going forward.

I got a bone and Ps4 combo it's all right but I should have just stuck with the bone I fell for the bloodborne meme.

BB is fine, but buying a console for one game puts a very high bar of quality the game has to reach, and no game is ever worth it.
I bought a PS4 for BB, PT and Deep Down. Why the fuck are so many games getting cancelled this gen

this, and its so base level that threads like this seems to be a waste
good gaming pc
whatever nintendo
whatever sony
next xbone only if there is some exclusive you MUST HAVE that wont end up on PC after 6months later
and get a fucking job so you can have all of them sperg