Mass Effect 3 Ending

Your favorite character from the last game you played replaces Shepard in this scene, what do they do?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=p5Oh76SiHzs
youtu.be/bIzzCIQAm7Y
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I picked red ending because I had enough points so the galxy could rebuild itself and Shepard to survive.

>CK2
Shoots the kid, or beheads him

>Infamous Second son
>Favourite charaacter
Pfft, they're all shit.

>proceeds to ruin everything

>immediately choose either the red or blue without thinking about it because they've done that throughout the rest of the game and they don't understand other colors

I still can't understand the drama over this.

Stukov from Starcraft 2
I have no idea.

Synthesis might be a defeat for the Zerg. So I doubt he would pick becoming a synthetic above being an organic.
But Stukov does believe in harnassing the powers of it's opponents. So I imagine he would pick control. Just like he wanted to control the Zerg.

"You don't get it do ya' kid. I already know this galaxy is diseased, the citadel and council rotten to the core! I'm the one giving it a second chance here, not some synthetic punk like you!"

>Armstrong adjusts his glasses before jamming his fists into the terminals, wires proceed to integrate into the catalyst's systems.

"H... how are you shutting down the Reapers without sacrificing yourself or destroying the Mass Relays?"
"Nanomachines, son!"
"It is not possible!"
"It is very possible! Don't you understand how batshit my tech would be by the year 2186!?""
"But my carefully constructed options that give the illusion of choice!"
"Fuck your options! A real man makes his own destiny... with his bare... HANDS!"

Reapers were deemed the ultimate threat in the universe. They insist their motivations are beyond human understanding.
Turns out that they just kill all life because organic life and machines can't co-exist xD

Also, the fucking reapers are supposed to be based on the civilization that was used to create it, hence the one in ME2 looking like a giant human skeleton. But nope, they all just squid looking things like the one from ME1 because why the fuck not?

Also, all endings just narration with different colours.

>fallout

Given my playstyle, he probably tries to rob the kid and plants a grenade in his holographic pants.

On top of being a bad game that was basically a few cutacene and shit dialogue options between doing board modes, they promised the ending would be interesting and all of the choices you made in previous games would have an effect on your ending leading to several possible endings and that the ending wouldn't just be "pick the
Red blue or green ending". And than the game came out and we got exactly that , a rushed cliche convoluted ending rife with plot holes and in the game files the ending movies were literally titles red blue or green. You really had to just be on Sup Forums to see and understand it all, there was so much oc and infographics compiling all the lies and cut corners it was staggering.

The ending of Mass Effect 3 also only rewarded paragon decisions.
If you were a renegade you simply got less ending options because you had less fleet points.

Horde modes*

The choices you made throughout the series were meant to matter in the ending. Think of the choice wether or not to cure the genophage and it's consequences. All major events should have been treated like that. Imagine a failstate followed by your actions and choices that made you unable to kill the reapers because they would have destroyed the mars archives before Liara found them. This could have been a good idea to tie in andromeda. In the end however nothing mattered. You got to pick the color of the glorfied victory beam.

Just stop this isn't what the thread is for we don't need another me3 ending is shit thread go make one if you must but keep this thread on fucking topic

kek, I'd play it

The biggest issue is that in ME1, Sovereign establishes that the reason the Citadel and the Mass Relays survive the extinctions is so that any new sentient life that arises uses that technology as their starting point, ensuring that all organic life evolves technologically according to the Reapers' design, since their goal is harvesting their technological advances.

By changing their motivation in ME3 with their script asspull, it no longer makes any fucking sense to leave the Mass Relays and the Citadel lying around waiting to be found. If the Reapers really wanted all organic life in the universe to survive, they'd have them start over completely from scratch, keeping every organic civilization "pre-warp" as long as possible if I'm allowed mix my sci-fi analogies. Allowing them to find the Citadel, Mass Relays, and FTL travel just jumpstarts their evolution significantly, resulting in more frequent extinctions.

Stop sperging out, you autist. This is obviously going to happen.

>we don't need another me3 ending is shit thread
Then you shouldn't have started your fucking thread with "Mass Effect 3 Ending," you fucking retard.

he didn't star the thread
t. OP

Venom Snake from MGS5

>Destroy the reapers, Snake. We must put an end to their plans and take our revenge. Then the pain will go away.

>Don't listen to Miller. Choose control. With reaper tech the possibilities endless

>What the fuck are you talking about Ocelot, these are the reapers! We must destroy them!

>It's the boss decision. Let the boss decide.

Then Snake chooses unification and creates the first bio-tech species, CyberDogs

I hope you choke on a fucking dick and get raped you shit eating cunt

I was already done but now that you've whined like a bitch at me I only want to discuss what a shit game me3 was even more

1) Devs claimed your choices would impact the ending. This was an outright lie
2) Literally nothing about how the ending worked made sense. In a series that always gave a surface explanation for how the technology worked, It didn't give a single reason.
3) The Reapers were supposed to be unknowable in their motivations, not blisteringly retarded
4) It contradicted the themes of unity and victory against impossible odds that the first two games built up
5) The rest of the game was bad, so people were always looking round the corner for something to salvage it, telling themselves that it would get better. When the ending hit, it was the event Horizon of shit; people knew that was it, and it was never getting any better.
6) Bioware, EA, and their shills waged a disastrous PR war with anyone who dared dislike it, and for once EA folded, and were forced to give an unprecedented level of FreeLC out in order to win back any semblance of good will

The last words of the mass effect series were basically "buy dlc"

I really wonder how they came to this design decision in the first place.

If Patrick Weekes is to be believed, Mac and Casey shut themselves in a room and rewrote the ending at the last minute, with no peer review at all.

That sounds fucking stupid. For what purpose?

Nobody has any clue why.
It's one of the most utterly bizarre rewrites in history

>oxenfree
Actually no changes.

This ending is worse fuck you to the community than HL3

Does the Woo still Roo the BSN? Are his lines still eternal and not meant to be crossed

You forgot that originally the after-credits dev message told the player to buy more DLC.
Also just replayed ME3 with the EG mod, the ending is still so fucking hilariously bad.

>they can't fire a fucking missile without guidance
>no one brought the fleet targeter that we used on Rannoch
>supposed to be the combined effort of all your allies coming together, we see a couple alliance marines that always get gunned down before the mission starts
>Harbinger just leaves after he blasts you for no reason, leaves three husks and Marauder Shields to guard the thing

The BSN has been shut down for a year or so.

Hint: the reapers die in an accident. Nobody saw nothin'.

Oh, good riddance.

youtube.com/watch?v=p5Oh76SiHzs

>Drew is back for Anthem
Is this going to be the actual Mass Effect sequel?

>Pokémon green

I guess I will pick green because the first two gyms after rebuilding the galaxy are stone and water

It's going to wind up like destiny and the division, pseudo mmo shooters that promise content that will never come because patching and making content for AAA console games is expensive . It'll be a grindy shooter where you run the same shit over and over for slightly better loot and will be forgotten in a matter of months outside a few diehard fans. With a mulyiplayer focus it probably won't even have a very in depth or extensive story

he takes down every reaper singlehandedly

I still don't understand why they create those meme games when there's little demand for them.

Because they generate a lot of hype, and EA is short term profit obsessed enough to chase the dream of fulfilling that hype,

Yeah, but as it was already pointed out, there's already Destiny 2 (Activision) and The Division (Ubisoft), I think EA's a tad bit too late to this party with Anthem

True, but nobody ever accused EA of being smart.
If it weren't for their sports games they'd have died a long time ago.

Fair enough. The only company I would deem stupider than EA is Disney, for signing a Star Wars game exclusivity deal with EA for 10 years.

What's really amazing about their failure here is that Bioware has had experience in showing the player consequences of their minor decisions over the course of a game.

Fucking DA:O had a very satisfying and simple recap post-game of how your choices affected the world at large- everything from whether to side with the elves over Warewolves or which dwarven noble you picked as king. Meanwhile the moral dilemma over the Krogan and genophage, which has been a major point in the series since literally day fucking one, ultimately means absolutely nothing.

God fucking damn it I hate bioware

>bioware patched in triggering the ending where everybody dies when you shoot the kid

if this wasn't a display of bioware's disdain for their fans then I dont know what is

They sell like hotcakes.

Why was this series so incredibly shitty? How did it even get off the ground to begin with?

doomguy would probably shoot the kid then reach out of the screen and strangle the writers. makes enough sense for one of the worst endings in all of video games to be honest

it has no competition. what other modern sci fi RPG's can you think of? it's a largely untapped market, and the vacuum left by mass effect's termination will soon be exploited I think

Something I was impressed by with the Dwarf choice is that, for once, Bioware managed to separate the man from their actions.
Most role playing games fall into the dichotomy of good guy = competent nice guy, bad guy = incompetent asshole.
In DAO, Bhelen is quite clearly the better choice for the Dwarfs as a people, even if he is an absolute prick, while the honourable Harrowmont potentially dooms their entire race.

I thought it was incredibly boring and generic. There's only been one sci-fi rpg series that has actually been innovative in it's genre creating a whole bunch of sci-fi shit like FEV, Super Mutants, holograms that can kill, Cyberdogs, lobotomites, the cloud, infectious spores that consume corpses turning them into monsters.

crash the luxurious liner

ME1 was made to be a gigantic reference to all the sci fi from the 60s-80s.
It's where the aesthetics come from, the music draws inspiration from, and why the plot may as well be from a Star Trek episode.
ME lost its charm when it started ditching those inspirations, and as a result got more and more generic with each passing game.

>that photoshooped hand

ok that can't be real

It was still pretty boring and lackluster. The only time it actually got interesting was in the overlords dlc. O to note

The plot of Mass Effect come from the Revelation Space books.

its real bitch

you know when I think about it, andromeda fully deserved to bomb after shit like this. the only thing that would have made it better is if it took bioware down with it

What I love about that sci-fi series is how well it handled tribals. From raider tribes like the Khans, Jackals and Vipers all the way to Caesars Legion made up of nothing but enslaved tribes. Every tribe was unique and had different strengths, lifestyles, languages and religious beliefs. Andromeda's premise should have been exploring and discovering many primitive tribes and finding out if they're savage, hostile cannibals or can be communicated with.

If Anthem and the next Dragon Age game flops, then Bioware is for sure going down. Andromeda hurt them hard, the next games they make need to be top of the line stuff if they want to recover their reputation.

The really weird thing is that Andromeda NEEDED to be seen as a fully functional and professional game to make up for the shit show 3 was. It also easily had the budget and time required to make it so, so the fact that they gave it to a group of newbies and spastics is just bizarre.
If they'd proven to people that things could get better, they could have retained an easily milked cash cow. After all, Halo and GoW shows that people are still willing to buy a clearly dead horse.

>New Vegas
I like a lot of the characters.

Caesar would destroy them, being happy to reduce humanity's technology level

Mr House would control, and use this immensely powerful army to form a galaxy wide empire.

Damn a Mr House roleplay of the series would be fun

youtu.be/bIzzCIQAm7Y

fallout isn't sci-fi.

Why didn't Mass effect have their own Mr. House? A business prodigy who built the greatest corporation in pre-war America whose OS and Robco coding is found everyehere even in Big MT after his inheritance to HnH was stolen by his brother leaving him nothing.

This could have been the Illusive Man if Mac Walters could actually write for shit

>fallout isn't Sci-fi
>ignoring all the sci-fi elements described
Are you okay? Do you have brain damage?

>B.J. Blaskowitz
>TNO ends about the same way

shucks

Bravo

>Be Grigori
>Eats blue child and fucks up Reaper

yeah

Fallout isn't Sci-fi
>has robots, energy weapons, power armor and scientific horrors
What retardation is this?

>listening to Alsatia while watching webm
>Improves endings by ten

Was that kid on earth an illusion or not? Shepard spends the whole damn game dreaming about it even a renegade who should get over it.

>pubg
Jump off tower, open parachute, float to school

Mac Walters is a fucking hack and did what Shitthesda did making his Enclave the designated bad guys for no reason. And the antagonist instead of being a 12 foot tall super human hooked to an IV drip of a drug that makes you pissed off that can punch feared predators to pieces it's some fucking coldsteel *teleports behind u* weeb with a fucking katana.

>Reapers, specifically Harbinger, encounters some insignificant fuck called Shepard.
>He wants to know why the Reapers are doing the things they're doing, and who are the Reapers.
>To be dismissive, because who the fuck is Shepard anyway, why do they need tell him FUCK ALL or anything at all. Tell him some bullshit that their grand scheme is completely out of his comprehension.
>Playing as Shepard you find out that there isn't some absolutely retarded underlining truth that is "OMG AMAZING!" and their motives are just as baseless like anything else, just like most decisions in life. Just because they're ancient doesn't mean that everything they do has to be equivalent in intellect because of some retarded expectation. The entire war with the Reapers has been a war about some ideological diarrhea about organic life and machines, and Shepard has to come to terms that his species were killed by the billions because of it.
>The canon answer, and the only reasonable answer, is deciding that all non-organic life must be wiped out because it really is fucking unnatural, and if anything they can start anew with the knowledge that AI needs to be controlled instead of potentially creating new consciousness.

Makes sense to me. I like it.

>naruto ultimate ninja storm 1
>Itachi

He'd probably do the stupidest choice in order to protect the world, so the destruction ending. He'd survive, of course and become part of Cerberus to protect Garrus or something.

It was an indoctrination agent used by the Reapers, creating an emotional connection between Shepard and the kid through the recurrent dreams so that the Catalyst could assume a form that would have leverage over Shep.

Didn't you find strange how he said "You can't save me"?

Sacrificing the brotastic Geth is a high price to pay, though.

Nigga his apocalisk is literally synthesis, ofcourse stukov would pick that shit.

I have no fucking clue what he would do in such a situation.

This.
Worse still was EAWare drones praising the Extended Cut, especially when they brought that "fourth ending up".

I think EA made Andromeda as a day one cash cow. They needed to sell as many copies on the first day as possible, so they used the Mass Effect name to sell a cheaply made game by hiring a B team studio with little to no experience.

They want Anthem to be the next big thing and are sinking all their resources into it trying to beat Destiny. I wont be surprised if it is full of micro transactions, more so then most games these days.

He wouldn't have to make the decision because he would steal all the core drives on the Reapers right from under their noses, and they would all be shut down.

"I never robbed a 1,000,000 year old alien civilization before. It'll be a challenge."

The miniaturized adult is the best.

>cheaply made game
That's the part that makes no sense though, given that it cost 40 million dollarydoos.
Everything else about the game screams cheap, but why EA didn't just cut their losses when the team caused an absolute clusterfuck is beyond me

Several generations later, the organics build machine that wipe out all life in the galaxy. The crucible warned you it would happen. The organics always build machines, and the machines always rebel against organics.

Every fucking time. It makes me howl with laughter
DID THEY THINK NOBODY WOULD NOTICE?
They had a fucking child model RIGHT THERE

What about the peace in Rannoch?