Games will start to take up 500GB of space in your life time

>games will start to take up 500GB of space in your life time

Other urls found in this thread:

nintendoenthusiast.com/blog/2017/06/24/update-nba-playgrounds-switch-held-back-nintendos-policies/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

It's mind boggling to me. I have games on CD that are smaller than some of the texture files in current games.

Sonic Mania is GOTY and is only 200 MB

You can't pretend you have or care about a hobby if you aren't spending money on it.

Get over it, faggot.
If you can't afford to keep yourself in the game, then you should be worrying about other things in your life entirely.

How much voice acting is in it?
The difference is that 500GB games are only an indicator of someone's refusal to compress

That's the best part

Ah, no wonder Sonic Mania is so small

>5 HDDs
>20mbps internet
Surprisingly, I'm ready for 500gb games right now

Who's ready for the upcoming 26GB patch for Siege?
Heh. Heheh.

I remember when it was big news that Unreal Tournament 2004 took a whopping SIX GIGS of Hard Drive space.

I remember when 560mb for Battlezone 2 was ridiculous

>UNCOMPRESSED audio
>multi8 language packs
>fuckhuge texures that are still blurry
I understand that as a pc gamer I put emone into my rig to keep it beefy, but that doesn't mean you can waste it with useless shit.

And storage space will increase too. Only thing to worry about is ISPs jewing you.

>UNCOMPRESSED audio
>this is supposedly for "muh processors that can't decompress"
>even though said processors wouldn't be able to handle the game anyway

Even as someone with a PS4 that shit pisses me off too, I swear DOOM and GTA V take up half my hard drive space (500 GB), DOOM alone being something like 100 GB now with the updates.

>can't even reach more than 800 kb/s dl speed
Jeez, I'm excited haha....

Christ, I feel bad for you. I'm at 2mb/s and I already think it's way too fucking slow.

Say what you will about Nintendo, they're still the best at compression and making sure their games don't need 10GB updates to fix problems. They even have policies that prevent this shit.

nintendoenthusiast.com/blog/2017/06/24/update-nba-playgrounds-switch-held-back-nintendos-policies/

And you aren't forced to install physical games since the carts have a much faster read time than discs.
People were crucifying the Switch for only having 32 gigs of internal storage, but I probably won't even need to buy an sd card for a year or two.

Well, think back to the 80s and imagine someone telling you games would take 500MB of space within your life time.

Would seem fucking retarded back then, but it has worked out.
Now think 30 years further:
>games will start to take up 500TB of space in your life time

>Game repack is 13GB
Its not helping,still too much.

Once the switch has a better library built up and potentially some hacking capabilities I'm definitely getting one, seems like it's going to be god-tier for emulation and other stuff in the next few years.

I really hope it will have hacking on 3DS level.

>3DS level

I prefer hacking on DS level.
That was the golden age of actual home brew.

>You can't pretend you have or care about a hobby if you aren't spending money on it.

You are an idiot of the highest order, be proud of that achievement.