DQ11 digital sales first 2 days

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=gIMxJF00zPw&t=21s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I thought Gematsu had a source saying early sales put the PS4 ahead? It's still behind by like 200k

SE already considers DQ11 a bomb

do japs like digital format?

That's 10% of all ps4 sales and 5% of all 3DS sales right there

Who gives a shit? The game is awesome.

Square is desperately trying to push the PS4 version over the 3DS one.

>buying digital for the 3ds

people sure are fucking braindead

Looks like the male amor version of the meme sweater.

This I don't really get it.
All the official numbers seems to place the 3DS ahead of the PS4.

The only contradiction to this was when Square said that the PS4 version was looking more promising. But that was only the only time they didn't support the claim with actual numbers.

So what's up with that?

>So what's up with that?
The PS4 version is 9800 yen. The 3ds version is like 6000 yen. Do the math.

PR bucks.

Unless the PS4 digital sales shot to 500k while the 3DS digital sales flatlined, it seems like it wasn't true

>SquEnix shit
lol? Who cares.

This, they don't make anything good last 2 gens

Apparently you care enough to post in the thread.

>double sales on PS4, even though 3DS has 10 times higher install base in japan
n-no

The PS4 version was made on Unreal Engine 4 with a huge dev team creating new assets from scratch, the 3DS game is made on the DS remakes engine/the 3DS remakes engine using previous assets with a smaller team. Do the math.

>3DS outselling the PS4, the promising new platform, by 1.5:1 physically
N-no....

I was shocked there was discussion on the matter. We have so many better JRPGs to play now, move on/

I wouldn't call the ps4 new.

Still here

Is this coming west?

No

It's only taken off in Japan in the last 12 months and the 3DS is over 5 years old now

Post yfw the 8th party member joins

You need to account for all the NEETs that can only pay cash.

>Japan
>digital

Yeah.

Who cares the games is meh, they fucked DQ.
I just want X

So lies?

I don't know why anyone in Japan would buy games on the PSN with their prices. It's usually cheaper to just buy them from a store or Amazon.

Any news on the newest rerelease of the first 3 coming west?
I feel like binging this series on my 3DS.

I think they meant the PS4 release has a biggest chance of growth, as in it can attract a new audience, while the 3DS is more successful due to an already established fanbase

>The only contradiction to this was when Square said that the PS4 version was looking more promising.
like 50% of PS4 owners in japan bought DQXI
only 5% of 3DS owners did
PS4 is still selling while 3DS is dying

Their report said the opposite. That the PS4 version had a stronger start, but that they expect the 3DS version to drive sales in the longer run.

I think it fails to take the overlap into the account. As a reasonable idort, would you really bother with the 3DS version and its pointless nostalgia filter when PS4 offers superior experience?

Holy shit even federation force sold better

>digital sales numbers

Not an argument

Switch version when?

Alright

What did i just say?

WHERE are the reviews? An import review, fucking something.

You're reaaaally underestimating the poert of the nostalgia filter of the 3ds, specially in a place like Japan. Not only that, the 3ds offers content that the ps4 doesn't have, so the "superior experience" due to the graphics goes out of the window right away.
Honestly, I think that any idort who bought it on ps4 would probably also buy it on 3ds, they don't lack the money and it is a portable version of the game to take with them.

>estimated

>poert
What the fuck? I meant power*

>there are people actually hoping ps4 version sold like shit so more dq releases on the 3ds and not on console.

why do you hate technological progress

hopefully we get voice acting and an orchestral soundtrack for the western release

>Sony forces you to make a PS4 version
>Have to damage control the 3DS version outselling it by outright lying about it

lol

what a bunch of cucks

What are you expecting to read in a review other than "it plays like a Dragon Quest game and the lack of voices is a little weird at first but you get used to it, 8/10"?

The PS4 version came to exist because Horii wanted it to exist, and he actually had to fight for it to exist because SE was ready to make it just be 3DS only. Quit making shit up.

>SE fighting with their golden boy
They're playing with fire

I've read similar reports that they didn't want DQX to be made so that FF14 would not have internal competition, but Horii insisted. The guy is the hero that nobody acknowledges, really.

I was playing through DQ8 the other day
Used action replay codes to disable random encounters and exp boosts
Was a lot of fun

When 3DS vc becomes a thing.

Currently in development by the main team

>game gets beat by a furry game
LOL

I need a edit of pic related with your image

Is the gameplay amazing like in 8 that breaks new grounds with tension?
ICE WAVE, ICE WAVE, ICE WAVE

Not an argument.

You mean when Veronica died and senya got all her skills instead? I fucking hated that

>9800 yen

Jesus Christ that's fucking expensive for a game, that'd be like 100 dollaroos in America or so.

Nope, I spent the last five dungeons OHKO everything with gigaslash

So no changes to the shit gameplay?

>Dragon quest
>Changes
lel

Mediacreate only covers major retailers you know that right?

Much like NDP only has Walmart, Bestbuy, and a few others.

so... this... is.... the... power... of... PS4....

woah...!!!

Quit lying. your thinking of Famitsu.

>those numbers
im not a wise old wizard, but even put together, PS4 still dont outsell 3DS

so why the fuck did SE said that 1st week DQXI sold better on PS4 than 3DS ??

They only complained about adoption rate.
They estimated 3DS version to outsell PS4 version by a larger margin.

and then they said 3DS was likely to be the ever green

people likely bought the game on PS4 due to the novelty, when was the last time a single player DQ was on console???

Do they still have that gameplay style where you only see the enemy during combat and not your party?

So did SE lied??

autism

not an argument

ps4>3ds

He was most likely talking from the perspective of their internal sales estimations.
Either that or straight up lying. Wouldn't be the first time SE made up shit.

Square REALLY REALLY REALLY wanted the PS4 version to outperform the Nintendo ones, just like how Capcom is refusing to promote Monster Hunter XX in favor of World.

youtube.com/watch?v=gIMxJF00zPw&t=21s

Should I buy a ps4 just for this game lads?

>Square REALLY REALLY REALLY wanted the PS4 version to outperform the Nintendo ones

huh? i doubt it, it's obvious that the 3DS was going to sell more, it's cheaper, japs love handhelds and 3DS has sold five time mores than PS4 lifetime sales in Nihon.

Square had to cash out extra $$$$ to make HD DQ, so it was in their best interest that it sold better

>Square had to cash out extra $$$$ to make HD DQ, so it was in their best interest that it sold better

PS4 version is selling pretty fine tho

still lower than 3DS that was likely leaps and bounds cheaper to make

again, if Square had the option they would likely want PS4 version to sell better cause is more$$$$ on the long run

>again, if Square had the option they would likely want PS4 version to sell better cause is more$$$$ on the long run

If that would be case, they would have released the PS4 version first and release the 3DS one later

Not like it matters, both versions are doing fine and PS4 version is confirmed for the west.

>If that would be case, they would have released the PS4 version first and release the 3DS one later
good luck with the backslash

>good luck with the backslash

I doubt it would have been so bad, japanese wouldn't have problems buying one and wait for the other one.

They aren't even promoting 3DS version. If they are streaming the game or promoting commercials they show the PS4 version.

But why though?

I don't like the term fake news but the 3DS version is out selling the PS4 version over all.

I don't give a shit. I've been playing the 3ds version. Best DQ game released in the last few years hands down.