What was the best era in PC gaming?

What was the best era in PC gaming?

Was it the 90s, 00s, or right now?

Right now.

That game refused to run right for me. Crashing, full screen didn't work.

No choice but to refund, very sad.

s-she has a penis, right?

The best era is clearly whenever you were 14 prove me wrong, you can't.

cute girl

1953 was not a good era for video games

I really dunno what's up with people having the game crash. I played it for hours without a single crash.

Are you on Win 10?

I think it was a win 10 and tablet issue personally.

I'll probably rebuy it next steam sale if they have patched it a little.

>girl

Look at those man feet.

Windows 10 yes. Pic related, no bug whatsoever in the game for me.

mid 90s to mid 00s I'd say

>ywn consensually fuck your 13 year old adopted sister while your parents are overseas

Late 90's-early 00's.

Well I have no idea what the problem is then.

Might be my shit integrated graphics card.

The 90s. Huge variety of quality games of all genres continuously pushing the envelope of what video games can do in every aspect.

early to mid 00's

90s in general. Early 90s specifically.

Are there any sites listing all the games from the 90s?

I feel like a ton of gems slipped through the cracks.

yeah

This.
Every year brought in something new, tons of legendary-tier IPs and titles to old ones were released, tons of tech-pushing titles coming out all the time, every new console / generation actually provided a significant technological improvement, no paid DLC or early access, and no social media normie shit ruining vidya,.

1998 was the best year for videogames hands down, so some time around then

Abandonia is pretty cool. You can find a lot of neat stuff on GoG too. Even from the more popular companies like Lucasarts and Sierra, I find that there's a lot of games form them that I never played in the 90s.

True that.
In general, the 5th to late 6th generation was superb golden era. I could even stretch it to mid-4th gen to early 7th gen, just so we'd have everything from DooM to Crysis on the list.

Early/Mid 00s when ADSLs were getting more popular and online gaming was all the rage.

2017 is the best year, you fucking nostalgiafaggot

>she will never step on your face
Just kill me now, I'm done with life.

>1998
>no unreal
wow what a terrible fucking list. kill yourself

>NBR
Why bother?

2005-2010 only had a couple of good games: World of Warcraft, Left 4 dead, TF2, Counter-strike: Source.

Everything else was shit, until Steam, Blizzard and Mobas saved PC gaming in 2011'ish, causing PC to snowball with developers realizing how profitable the platform can be.

>haven't bought a game off Steam in months

What's good right now, Sup Forums?

>t. someone who didn't own a console

prey is pretty fun desu

Nothing really, I haven't either.

It's a thread about PC gaming

basically up till the ww2 shooter era
that's not to say the ww2 era is what killed it, that's when all the rts games started getting crappy and focusing on hero units too though
some of the ww2 games were good too, rtcw and bf1942 were great titles, but they were some of the last true good games

Yeah I realized that after I posted, my bad. Honestly though it wasn't THAT bad in that period. You had stuff like FEAR, Half Life 2 (and episodes), Oblivion, Dead Rising, Portal, DMC4, GTA 4. Unless we're talking exclusives (or majority PC install base) games, then you have a slightly better point. It's far better now regardless, and the mid 2000s were still the most down point era overall.

This era has the best tech but has the worst playerbase.

i wish i was a qt girl ;-;

89-99

Late 90's to early 2000's. The golden age of JRPGs was late SNES to mid PS2 days. The golden age of WRPGs were the late 90's to early 2000s. The golden age of platformers were the N64 and PS1 days. The golden age of arcades were the late 90s. The golden age of fighting games were the late 90s.

And the list goes on and on. Only the oldfags cry "b-but muh NES days were the best!!!" with no games backing up their hot opinions.

I can still play old games and cool new games occasionally come out, so it's always now. Until we start losing the ability to play a significant amount of older games due to older consoles that aren't being emulated getting too old to work, I don't see this changing.

I would pay ludicrous amounts of money for her to step on my face

1998-2007

Leave your sister alone

Well, the absolute majority of the games I like are from the 90s. Back when devs cared about games being fun more than about raising the polygon counts and bragging about it in the interviews.

I'm a oldfag and I prefer new games. So glad SOM is getting a 3d remake.

>The golden age of WRPGs were the late 90's to early 2000s

>having taste this bad

Autism

>1995-00: Great
>2000-05: Great
>2005-10: Awful
>2010-17: Golden age

90s and early-to-mid 00s
Since then it's only been having the occasional "good game" released

Just a reminder that XBOX have brought more negative aspects to the gaming market than good

>this body is considered attractive by asian people

--

>What was the best era in PC gaming?
late 90s~early 00s

2001 to 2011 was arguably one of the best eras of gaming

from 95 to 05 with peak at 00

How of course. PC only started getting most of decent games this gen.
OP was talking about PC gaming. For gaming in general, I agree with you.

I find OP's body type way more attractive than that god awful plastic-filled fat ass, and I'm an European.

>2001 to 2011 was arguably one of the best eras of gaming
I can understand early-to-mid 00s, but after that we hit the literal casual era, and beginning of all things wrong in gaming these days.

That's a cow, user.

>white bois think this is attractive

How to find out if it's a trap in 1 easy step: look at feet.

Also, PC gaming is at it's peak right now.
But it doesn't really mean much because gaming in general is at its lowest point.

>OP was talking about PC gaming.
PC gaming was fucking great from 90s to mid-00s. Its totally own show, constantly pushing tech forward.

it's after 05 that we start to see an explosive wave of shitty multiplats fill the PC library.

t. low tests

>gorilla mating with a baboon
that's unnatural

>shit taste

Why are Asians damn good at crossdressing?

feminine features, similar thing happens to european "aryan" types

Asians have a feminine body type, which is required for cosplaying. Its also why most male cosplays are done by women.

>he never played doom on punch cards

>top part
10/10
>bottom part
negr0/10

1998 - 2003 were the peak years.

probably right now to be honest, most of the REALLY good games from the 90's and 00's are still played today, and the library on PC is massive

Post more of her

>her

Fine. Post more of her (male)

got any smaller file image of this? i'm on mobile

You guys say this about literally every 3D woman that gets posted here.

She does genuinely have a penis this time but I still wanna see more

Right now. Because you can play everyting that came before. And contrary to what Sup Forums says, there is still great stuff coming out pretty much each month.

Prove it.

Sup Forums hates everything, you should know that by now

Thats a fake penis

Early-mid 2000s. My heyday. HL2 really was the best but a lot came out too

Body shape is clearly male.

>Was it the 90s, 00s, or right now?
yes

Thanks.

I'd bone that until my balls hurt.

Any other answer is incorrect

Are you kidding m8? That's clearly a male bodyshape and those are clearly male feet.

Boobs>Ass

Clinton years and today because I love 6dof games and they're making a comeback.

Did he throw her over those cliffs?

spoken like a true, white male
be proud of who you are!

I'm actually a British Sand Nigger.

True but natural only

Elderly guy here, all of those games were overrated.

When you look at the games released this year, there are several sequels/remakes to those games or something to fill the same genre. That on top of a wide/diverse selection of games to play.

yeah maybe if you're lowtest

Right now

Companies previously against releasing to PC have finally warmed up to the Idea (mostly excited that Atlus and the Yakuza devs looking into PC)

Games that were formerly exclusives are being ported to PC more frequently (Recent news that FFXV is getting ported to PC, Also Ace Combat, and Monster Hunter)

Modern games are starting to struggle on modern consoles so being on PC you're able to get the most out of hardware intensive games.

Its fucking great to be on PC right now.

If a man finds women attractive and can get boners with ease is that not enough testosterone?

>arm is bruised from injecting weed

>Elderly guy here, all of those games were overrated.
Potentially more elder user here, your tastes are shit.

>When you look at the games released this year, there are several sequels/remakes to those games or something to fill the same genre
And guess what? Most of them are absolute, watered down shit.