Dragon ball fighter z

post your teams, ideal roster, ideas, hopes, fears and more.

youtube.com/watch?v=0wDCTKTjB_k
youtube.com/watch?v=WQuUVooCvKk

team: for the moment 18, frieza and blue goku

Other urls found in this thread:

kanzenshuu.com/translations/daizenshuu-6-akira-toriyama-super-interview/
youtube.com/watch?v=UyNKX9Y94aQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

16 seems fun, but i want another good grappler in the game, i don't want to play 16 just to play with a grappler.

i hope he makes it.

WHEN

thanks doc?

NO

BARDOCK

NO

BUY

Super is better than Z.

Will Beijita have his teeth beam?

back to Sup Forums

Damn son so you think Z is the worst thing in existence?

Janemba, Janemba, Janemba

People like to shit on xenoverse, but name a game other than it that lets me play as a GALO SENGEN

>team: for the moment 18, frieza and blue goku
I don't recall making this thread.

what you think?

NEVER EVER

DBFZ IS ONLY FOR CANON CHARACTERS

when?

I dunno why people keep trying so hard to say GT can't be canon anymore because of Super. It completely can given that it takes place before the tournament in Z where Goku meets Uub

NO TAPION

NO BUYPION

Maybe compared to the Buu Saga, but before that everything is better.

GT cant be canon because of all the stuff that super added like the new tranformations and the new gods.

Kibito Kai split, Pillaf gang are young, Toriyama gives no fuck about GT.

>new transformations
They can either go away or become integrated into their base power. Goku even did as much in the Battle of Gods movie.

>Kibito Kai split
Refusion is completely possible
>Pilaf gang are young
They ask the dragon to make them older since they're tired of being kids, it back fires.

he is basically punished future trunks.. so?

>My sincerest gratitude to all those who bought this Dragon Ball GT DVD box. Being a lazy bum by nature, I was absurdly happy when I managed to safely finish up Dragon Ball’s serialization, and finally be released from Deadline Hell. The TV anime people wanted to continue for just a little bit more, but I [just couldn’t do] any more than that… And so, I left the Dragon Ball anime completely up to the anime staff, story and all. That was Dragon Ball GT.

I>n car lingo, GT means “Gran Turismo”: a fast, high-powered car, in other words. But in this case, I had GT mean “Grand Touring”, a great journey, since the scenario was that they’d be running around the universe.

>For GT, all I did was just come up with the title, design the initial main cast and some of the machines, and also do a few images. However, I was able to rest easy handing things over to the excellent staff, who had continued on Dragon Ball for all this time. In particular, the animator Nakatsuru-kun is amazingly skilled, and mastered the peculiarities of my drawings in no time at all, to the point where there were even times when I couldn’t tell whether I had drawn a certain character design, or if he had. For instance, one of Nakatsuru-kun’s designs was “Super Saiyan 4″, which appears in GT, and the picture above is a portrait that I drew looking off it. Did I draw it well?

>Dragon Ball GT is a grand side-story of the original Dragon Ball, and it’ll make me happy for us to watch and enjoy it together.

If anyone from the movies make it here's hoping it is this messy slut.

since there's 6 months left you think we've only seen half the characters or less so far?

>max is like the only one trying to do good combos
>has hours of footage
>only uploads like one match

Right now I wanna rock Krillin/16/Piccolo. All of the characters shown off at Gamescon look mad fun, I'm a little disheartened hearing Krillin might be the hardest to pick up since he's my favorite, but I'll just have to try my hardest so I can keep up with everyone else. As far as characters I really want, Gotenks is the only one that's 90% likely considering the Buu saga only has one rep at the moment, and there hasn't been a fusion rep either. Beerus is seemingly locked given his relevance and could be fun too.

As far as less-than-likely characters, I'd love Roshi. He'd have some fun tricks in his moveset based around his general fighting technique, gettin' buff for certain moves, the mafuba and even silly one-off shit like hypnosis. If we get alt costumes they could do a models wap with Jackie Chun (unless he gets in over Roshi). My nigga Yamcha doesn't seem likely, and even if he did what are the chances he'd get his bandit outfit? Or anything that isn't the orange gi, we've got enough of that now.

There aren't any saiyan saga reps, and if we got one I'd take Nappa over Raditz since we don't have any big bodies outside of 16 and presumably Broly, if he's included. If we get anybody else from Namek it's probably going to be Ginyu, but I'd take Recoome over him since he's overall a more fun character to me.

Arale/Jaco/Yajirobe are my dark horses. If any of them get in they're on my team no matter what, even if they end up as the shittiest fucking characters in the game.

I haven't been this excited for a game in years, it still doesn't even seem real. So much love and care going into the first legitimate fighter since Super DBZ on the PS2, and it looks, plays, and sounds incredible. It's the Dragon Ball Z game we need, but don't deserve.

I don't mind that they added in SSB Goku and Vegeta. I mean they're basically obligated.

It would be like making a db fighting game post frieza saga and not including super saiyan goku

SSB also looks cool.

IIRC i've heard Trunks is one of the hardest to pick up as he's more of a pressure character and lacks the ability to deal mega damage himself, and apparently his combo ability is limited.

>dat ssb kaioken

Yamcha
Tien
Bardock
Broly
Janemba
Videl
Cooler
Ginyu
Kid Buu
Adult Gohan
Beerus
Zamasu

They're all guaranteed to be in the game.

>everyone who plays krillin does his afterimage as a feint that does nothing when no one even knows what the moves are
>wtf he sucks
l m a o

tfw recoome >>>>> ginyu but ginyu is the leader and has an ultimate ability gimmick so he will get in for sure. at least it will be exciting in tournaments if he isn't shit that is

make way for first round DLC

I have a strong feeling Lunch will be playable. Which is cool, I want more weird characters like that.

You I thought you guys said there wouldn't be any Super stuff, why does Bulma have her Super design and why are Vegeta and Goku going Blue in their classic clothes instead of their Revival of F outfits?

This is my team, Team Namek, there are many teams like it but this one is mine.

WHEN

What makes you say that?
Assuming you aren't talking about food.

>Almost certain additions
Tien, maybe with a wild Chiaotzu appearing every now and then
Kid Buu
Gotenks
Beerus
Hit
Captain Ginyu and his pals appearing somehow
Broly

>Hopes
Babidi and Dabura
Nappa
Yamcha, perhaps as a joke character
Mr.Satan, perhaps as a joke character
More characters from the movies, like Bojack, Super Android 13, Janemba etc.
Dragonball characters

>Fears
Broly replaced with that whatsherface from Super

From what I've seen in matches, and what I've heard from Maximillian's discussion about him he seems like he gets in, stays in, and keeps the pressure/mixups going. Combos are short and don't do big damage but he's got tools to keep the opponent guessing and lets him attack from a safe distance.

for range he's got:
>good normals with his sword
>can get in with his slide kick that goes across fucking half of the screen
>full screen beam on his ki button

He's looking good at the moment, I wonder if anything about him will change going into the beta.

it's sad that his gimmick body change thing is what would get him in over Recoome (on top of being a bigger villain, I guueessss) when Recoome's got a bunch of fun silly shit going for him like the eraser gun and bomber.

>neko majin
How'd I forget, he'd be dope too.

Based on the way this game differs from typical DBZ games and the fact that they've stated to also focus on uniqueness of characters. I think they'll include some characters that are not the strongest but that could have a unique fighting style. Also they'll want to put in some more females.

Remember that fan-made 2D fighting game that had Mr. Satan and Babidi als weird playable characters? Kind of like that this one could have some weird characters.

I'd like Mai with Pilaf and Shu as assists, Luch/Launch, some more unique participents of the tournaments in dragon ball would be cool or some RR officers.

2 characters/month
So around 23 characters for the release, seems pretty accurate if you ask me.

SSB Veggie
Toranksu
Jenemba/Beerus.

I love the little details in all the character's moves, like the rush forward move's ki blast (should you choose to do it) is the move he uses to destroy android 18 when he goes back to the future

a 3v3 game should have more than that i feel.

yeah around 24

Not really. You have 1771 unique team combinations with 23 characters in a 3v3.
If you were to pick 3 characters, that would still leave you with 1140 unique teams to potentially fight that don't use ANY of the characters that you have chosen. 3v3 gets MORE variety out of less characters than 1v1, it's not the other way around.

Is piccolo a zoner?

SS4 Goku
Cell saga Gohan
SSB Vegeta

Goku
Piccolo
Krillin

18+

Cell/Janemba/SSJ4 Goku

Litterally everything can be canon, since alternate timelines, universes, and dimensions exist in canon.

Tori already explicitly said the movies just take place in different dimensions

>Tori already explicitly said the movies just take place in different dimensions

(citation needed)

No Roshi no buy

A man with taste

>What is your personal stance on Dragon Ball’s theatrical films, Sensei?
>I take the movies as “stories in a different dimension from the main story of the comic”.
> kanzenshuu.com/translations/daizenshuu-6-akira-toriyama-super-interview/

>Tori already explicitly said the movies just take place in different dimensions
lol at the autist who was arguing yesterday that because there's pocket dimensions in DBZ that Tori was claiming "movies are a pocket dimension within the current universe."

I hope the game is fun and well balanced and has a diverse cast. I fear it will be a One touch kill fest like mahvel, or will have a small roster or be filled with clone characters.

Right now I'd play 18/Krillin/Goku
Ideally I'd like a team of Zamasu/Roshi/18

Dream team would be Ultimate Gohan, Trunks and Hit

>it will be a One touch kill fest
With the damage scaling they have right now it's a lot harder to do a ToD combo, as well as them removing infinite Dragon Rushes.

It doesn't matter if the diemsnions are inside or outside the current universe or multiverse or whatever. The fact they exist at all according to tori inside a "different dimension:" per makes it canon

>2 characters/month
They aren't releasing all the characters before the game. They stated they want to keep some a surprise.

I'm glad someone else understands.

>Create thread 8 minutes after the previous one was created
>Shills collaborate on discord to massreport previous thread to get in their videos in OP
>Mods are tards and delete real thread

>wahh my thread got deleted, must be shills
really?

>my thread
?

Fucking Broly when?

Don't watch Super. Did Roshi die?

I am starting to see a pattern with every characters combos
>Knock into air
>combo
>super
>repeat
I am seeing this a lot across all the characters

>something interesting happening in super
kek no he didn't

Also have you guys noticed how many niggers have started being """life long""" dragonball fans since fighterz was shown off?

It's mahvel baybee!

More like:
>gatling combo
>pursuit dash
>gatling combo jump cancel
>smash switch
>gatling combo into special

There is potential. Like Max's Piccolo combo where he's freezing the enemy and also arm stretching instead of pursuiting.
I'm just waiting for the OTG cross up combos.

When are they saying who got in the closed beta? Are they just going to email the people who won and leave the rest anxiously waiting even when they didn't get in?

Thats like saying guilty gear is

>starter
>air combo
>knockdown

I mean, i do get where you are coming from, but it has to be more specific than what you say. Mostly since because everyone has a launch button into j.AB dj.AB xx special xx super it starts to look really samey. Though mvc3 was the same way pre-release; i remember going to an event where mvc3 was playable early, and the best people could do with dante was LMHS j.MM xx qcf-H xx super.

Im hoping the beta will allow people to explore better, and that the corner will allow for better options. I don't think people have experiemnted much with assists to exend combos yet, where a lot of mvc3 combos came from, like to extend dormammu's basic combo (though he had some specific shit with certain spells too)

I don't know who this max is, but i will take your word their might be hope.

Around the time the beta starts is when they send out codes.

What's the possibility that bamco set up some system where that if you signed up for the beta on the same email twice or same IP address more than once all of your applications are voided and you can't get it?

could this be true? just wondering because gf signed up too.

>They stated they want to keep some a surprise.
that was a fake leak.

Broly would be the BIG grappler, like Hugo to Zangief.

you're an idiot just like rest of GTfags Pedro. They wouldn't go from multiverses to fighting shitty dragons and failed mutants.

>Interview that was recorded is a fake leak
wew

You mean Kale would be.

I like super and z so this type of bait doesn't work on me.

>"Pink fur is so stupid and makes no sense!"
>defends yellow hair and blue eyes

>likes super
18+ buddy

youtube.com/watch?v=UyNKX9Y94aQ

You can't do the air dragon rush into re-launch anymore, but it does show some better potential than some other videos we have seen

>shitting on Super
This is no pedro thread

Mexicans are the ones who like super, you dumbass pablo.

>
>This is no pedro thread
Thean why are you defending super?

Trunks, 17/18, Krillin.
I don't give a fuck who else gets announced. This is it right here.

but only spics/niggers and kids like super