10/10 gameplay

>10/10 gameplay
>11/10 PC port
>everyone shits on it because the story was a mess

Who still playing MGSV and being comfy here? Just erased my save and started a new game with all elements of the UI turned off.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=e5jx9aYSG1c
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>gameplay

No, the controls were 10/10. The gameplay was hardly there, repetitive, lacking options.

No. It still hurts.
And the GAMEPLAY is one of the problems:
>waiting for helicopter
>waiting for heli to land
>grinding of supplies
>waiting for real-time timers
>obligatory copypaste missions
>nothing at all to do in the MB

The hands-on controls were good and smooth.

>0/10 level design and story

I assume that by 'gameplay' you mean whenever you're actually doing stuff, and not the tedious bullshit that mentioned.
I loved sneaking around but the missions got so shit at times.

/10 gameplay
Hardly.
Would have been better if Konami gave us level editor

>11/10 PC port
this joke needs to stop. MGSV isnt "optimized by black magic" or "running like a dream".
The game is just dated. It runs well, but it really isnt impressive. Textures are blurry, you can see every single polygons on the characters, the game is heavily aliased, it's stuck with the worst FXAA implementation I have seen yet, the shadows are badly blurred and dithered, SSAO is rendered at 1/4th of the screen resolution, their physically based shaders are badly used, and their baked global illumination system is on par with Unity.
The art style is generally nice, especially in Africa, but of course it runs well enough, it's a PS3 game.

The lighting engine is really fucking good, and imo it's what makes games look good. The texture and shadow resolutions are all secondary. Look at the original Mirror's Edge, it still looks fucking gorgeous, all thanks to lighting.

You can fulton/wormhole cargo and just skip the waiting all togethor.
Steal shit from other players, no need to gather shit if someones already done the job for you.
The side op shit is shit but atleast it lets you grind for better troops and gives a bit of money.
MB is completely fucking useless.

I liked the game as well although I was new to MGS so didn't really care about the story anyway, I just went in with the mindset that im a special forces guy dropped behind enemy lines and had a blast.
>all elements of the UI turned off.
Fucking this, I turned off all markers, xray vision, reflex and it improves the game ten fold, so much more tense and it forces you to really study your surroundings and properly scout and memorise an area/guard patterns just like a real special forces operative would.
The game definitely had problems and I can understand where long term fans are coming from but zi still couldn't help but like it.

>10/10 gameplay
Level design and mission design are integral part of the gameplay.
Controlling the character in an empty sandbox doesn't make for a great game, even if it's really fluid and responsive.

>empty sandbox

Thats what afghanistan is like except for the villages (although there are still natural elements like grass, trees, hills and rivers you can take advantage of), so using the terrain to observe the area you are going to infiltrate (from any ange you deem fit) then putting into action the route you choose, coupled with responsive controls makes for good immersive gameplay.

>actually rationalizing MGSV unfinished maps
>choking out 4 guys in the same three tent outposts over the course of the game with zero variation

ok bud

>make reasoned argument about mgsv
>duhhh hyperbolic "the game consists of only three tent outposts" comment

Bravo you are now a fully fledged Sup Forums

>MGO3 is dead
>never got to experience it without the tryhard fags

>make reasoned argument about mgsv

Yeah dude nobody played the game here except you, and your autistic write up totally changes the fact that the player is still "infiltratintg" (from any angle you deem fit) four tents over and over and over again as well as two bases with interiors conveniently blocked. What a reasoned "argument" cocnsisting of buzzwords and adjectives.

fuck you autistic faggot

I still play MGO. Fuck the haters and the shit lag

I absolutely don't understand how they could forget or fail to include fast travelling via helicopter. You can only enter the helicopter if you fly to MB, why can't I just call a helicopter, enter and fly to a different drop zone on the map?

>repetitive
>tripfag
You guys are tasteless, I bet you faggot played the whole game using only tranq pistol and sniper rifle and DD/Quiet as buddy.
youtube.com/watch?v=e5jx9aYSG1c

>I bet you faggot played the whole game using only tranq pistol and sniper rifle and DD/Quiet as buddy.

yeah because if you play it any other way and kill people you're gimping yourself in development.

>Approach a tent outpost with an American Rifle, shoot people
>Approach a tent outpost with a Soviet Rifle, shoot people

wow such variety

>Yeah dude nobody played the game here except you
Nice projecting, calm down sperg
>four tents
Make up your mind, why are you forgetting every single village and variations of encampments, yes the game has issues with repetition but keep some perspective otherwise all your doing is retarding every discussion about the game.

>playing the game without the tranq pistol
literally how? in peacewalker i used it to get S ranks for no kills but in MGSV you could just kill the 4 or 5 people that are in the base. should i get infinite heaven? does it add more enemies? the only fun ive had is using the twin barrel to shoot some shit. even with the FPS mods and all the HUD elements turned off i still cant seem to have fun

That Motherbase has to be one of the biggest money sinks I've have seen in a game. How much bullshit had Kojima smear under Konamis noses to get this approved. The whole thing could've been an menu-screen but no instead we got the mighty nothingness, with an uncomfortable homo military propaganda, shitty minigames, 2 missions, connecting roads for vehicles that nobody would willingly drive. All of it is just insane.

>yeah because if you play it any other way and kill people you're gimping yourself in development.
No, you are not. The soldiers in singleplayer are shit anyway.

Haven't really played it since 2015. Was there ever a way to start a new campaign? I'd play it again if that was an option.

Good gameplay doesn't matter when the game world is empty and has no level design.

Good concept but poor execution.

Also the story is utter fucking trash. The fucking theories Sup Forums was coming up with were better than Kojima's shitty writing. He's clearly suffering from George Lucas syndrome; in earlier games people would be able to tell him when he was being retarded and rein him in, but as the games came out and people started attributing the story and success to Kojima alone, he was able to just do whatever he wanted, and we got retarded shit like the portable games, MGS4 and MGSV.

The Wolbachia story was just moronic. Honestly I would have preferred the war with/on language being the beginnings of the patriots manipulation of memes and language (such as making it normally impossible for people to actually call them the patriots, "la li lu le lo") rather than literal vocal chord parasites that kill you if you speak.

As others have said the controls are great and what you can do is impressive, but the map design is incredibly limiting. It would have been better with some large but well thought out maps (like ground zeroes) than the open world snooze fest it turned out to be.

Not to mention getting the highest mission complete rank is literally all about completion time. Nothing else matters.

Back up your save and delete it from your save directory then restart the game?

Yes, infinite heaven adds enemies and vehicles

Jesus Christ how did I not consider this. Thanks, you can call me retarded now.

The story being a mess and the map design/gameplay being repetitive are clearly linked.
Kojima may have been pulling some shit by taking so long to develop, but it's pretty clear at the point Konami sacked him they just had to tie everything together with what they had finished.
I'm pretty sure if it got another 1-2 years dev time the story would have been completely different, there would have been more smaller maps in between the big ones and probably more interesting missions.
I think it's pretty obvious from the massive discrepancy between the early trailers and the actual game that it was originally going to be very different.
I'm not referring to Episode 51 either.

you're retarded :3

Kojima may have gone Lucas, but Konami should've let them finish the game, like this guy said . They just got the urge to get out of videogame business RIGHT NOW in that special retarded Japanese fashion, and shipped the barebones they had.

I'm not sure I can give him the benefit of the doubt on this.

It might just have been Kojima being Kojima. However, I do remember him saying there were very controversial things in the game that he wasn't sure they'd let them do; killing child soldiers is one of them, i'm sure.

The Metal Gear fight was absolute shit. In my honest opinion family

It's a bad game.

>half the time you spend playing a mission is waiting for helicopter to arrive/land and soldiers to move into place
>the entire game is cheesable with the tranq
>half the guns serve no purpose and are completely useless 99.999% of the time
>companions are all mediocre and make the game easier and not more fun
>mother base has fuckall to do and there's no reason to even bother going there except to shower and try and trigger missions
>the story is a clusterfuck in every single way and none of the characters make the slightest bit of sense except for miller who is kind of cool
>half the missions are just "drive to this outpost you've seen 20 times before and kill this specific guy/destroy this equipment"
>side ops are all the same four missions just in different areas
>open world for no reason and just adds tedious and boring travelling between outposts
>real-world timers to keep people from actually playing the game as they'd like (aka to justify having them in MP so you can try and entice the goyim to pay to remove them)

It's got some good TECHNOLOGY and it's got a really suave engine. Otherwise it's mediocre garbage.

>10/10 gameplay
It was barely a metal gear game, it had more in common with the facebook inspired micromanagement crap then a sneek that shit game.

And metal gear games were always played for the campy story and sneek gameplay.

Problem with MGS5 is that they took out the whole sneak gameplay and made you rambo instead.

I managed to throw it out of the window when I had to repeat every single mission

What is good about the gameplay? The main character controls are great but that's about it. Gameplay is more than that and there is not much to do in the world so the tight controls get old really fast.

no more sneek for snek

I think that's the most frustrating thing about it; you get super tight controls, and the things you can do in theory are amazing. But then you're dumped into a poorly designed world and are unable to truly utilize the controls or truly explore the possibilities.

Game was oddly comfy. Did they cancel the zombie clone they were making of it? I was down for it. I hated the plot and the horrible menus and the worthless base, but besides that it was fun.

You can replay the missions with different tacticts. You can go full rambo, running like a mad man punching everyone, messing around with d-walker's ballista or no tracing the game.

The only fun I had in the game post completion was going total and utter subsistence every time i dropped in.

I wish there was a challenge mode where you could place the pick up point at any place on the map, as well as your start point, and then you'd have to make your way to the pick up point with full enemy density present on the entire world map; complete subsistence. No helicopter support, no ammo, no companions; armed vechile and tank patrols, helicopters patrolling the map. And then of course you'd have to clear the pickup point.

It would basically be like playing MGS3 in real time.

If you are playing on pc and mods are your thing, you can try infinite heaven

>You can replay the missions with different tacticts.

It doesn't make it any less boring to shoot up the 4-5 guys in the outpost instead of tranqing them or choking them out. The lack of mission variety and detailed levels makes "different tactics" irrelevant.

>Release a literally unfinished game.
>Multiple story arcs introduced and unresolved.
>Push update that further encourages microtransactions.
>Offer half-finished cutscenes as collector's edition filler.
>People STILL defend it.

So much for that #fuckkonami movement.

Do really care about what Sup Forums thinks?
The game is pretty good.

>It doesn't make it any less boring to shoot up the 4-5 guys in the outpost instead of tranqing them or choking them out.
How is that different from the rest of the series?
>The lack of mission variety and detailed levels makes "different tactics" irrelevant.
You have killing missions, rescuing missions, missions where you have to destroy/recover vehicles, some where you have to track the target or intel, some boss fight. What were you expecting in a stealth game? No seriously, it's a legit question. What type of mission did you want?

>The fucking theories Sup Forums was coming up with were better than Kojima's shitty writing
Yeah, the Gray Fox is Venom and Quiet is Chico theories were so good and well written and not totally garbage fanservice for idiots like the Metal Gear fans.

So what happens when we disarm all the nukes?

>oh look I can cherry pick two of the worst spic-dragonball-fan-tier theories that literally everyone shot down every time the same shitposting retards spoke up

>How is that different from the rest of the series?

They don't stretch this concept out for 60+ hours more than necessary, plus the boss fights for most of them were far more advanced than the literally Doom-tier shit you got with Sahwejasfasfpus.

You have two mission types. You either kill something/someone or recover something/someone, and only a handful of those missions take place in unique structures or environments.

There are no good theories made up by Sup Forums, you fucking moron. The only thing you did is demonstrate how low your standards are and how you know nothing about storytelling in games.
As for the game, there was no way it could have lived up to the hype and it's your fault for buying into it. Maybe you should stop judging the damn game for what it isn't and give it another chance. It took me three playthroughs to appreciate it.

>far more advanced
No they weren't. You're so far your own ass you can't see that.

>you either kill someone/something or recover something/someone
Sure, let's ignore the Oil Pumps mission, the Backup, back down tank mission, the find the honeybee, containers and film roll missions.
>only a handful of those take place in unique structures
Most of them, actually. You do occasionally get a mission where you have to rescue someone from one of the many open world outposts, but those are mostly used in side ops. Most of the main ops take place in the actually well designed big outposts of the game.

sahelanthropus was one of the most intense and thrilling boss fights I'd had the pleasure of enjoying in a long time. you must of just been doing it wrong.

Name 7 theories

>Just erased my save

why would you do that?

wrong, learn how to play the game lol

>shit "boss fights"
>repetitive missions especially at part 2
>incomplete game with part 3 missing
So this is what 10/10 gameplay is?

FOB, good luck cheesing that with a tranq

>shit boss fights
How are they shit?
>repetitive missions
Only as repetitive as you make them, sweetie. You're given free reign to complete objectives as you see fit.
>part 2
You're not forced to play the repeated missions. They're optional.
>incomplete game with part 3 missing
There's no part 3. One mission isn't Part 3, you dumb cunt. It was always going to be released separated from TPP anyway.

But it is it's the same locations and the same objectives over and over again loadouts have nothing to do with it

You can. Go to missions in the ACC, select "free roam" then pick a region and drop zone

>gameplay

what gameplay?

How you say gameplay is 10/10 when it doesnt even feature variety.

It is boring as fuck.

Controlls,movement,weapon usage,animations are 10/10

but those are not only gameplay elements. What about missions you play (aka gameplay) ? Their variety is 1/10. All of them are boring as fuck. Look MGS3 which has 10/10 missions even having 5/10 controls at best.

Retard

>shot middle part with rockets 50+times
>intense and thrilling

>no variety

dude, the loadout is hugh mungus

>runs amazing

its a fucking ps3 game with no details.Even MGS4 looks better in details.

Interiors are so bad, no unique details, all buildings look same.

Most of areas are plain empty due setting

Fuck MGSV. I can't believe it retconned nearly the entire series, threw a blanket over MSG3, and had that huge stupid looking Mobile Suit Metal Gear that throws a wrench into Rex and Ray. All because Kojima was too autistic to do the simple story he should have done about Big Boss' descent into madness and tyranny. But nah that's too simple and not fucking convoluted or pretentious enough, and after all Big Boss dindu nufffin.

>press buttons and sticks
>video game

the lightning is fantastic

Was MGSV your first game?

>I can't believe it retconned nearly the entire series

no it didn't

Lighting isnt fantastic at all.

Injustice 2 lighting is fantastic,Uncharted 4 lighting is fantastic.

MGSV lighting is passable and looks okay.

>its unfinished on purpose

ok bud

>bosses are damage sponges
>zero creativity compared to the other MGS bossfights, fucking PO and PW had better bosses

>its ok because you can do something different so they're not repetitive XD
>its ok to repeat missions because they're optional XD
>its ok to have an unfinished game XD

Can't believe I delayed my suicide for this game.

>No, the controls were 10/10
No, they weren't. They're way to unresponsive.

t. faggot who never played against Vulcan Raven

Didn't played V for many for more that year, what are chances my FOB are completely robed?

Lol the fanboy fag getting told left and right. This game was a perfect storm of corporate meddling and lead ideas guy getting his head up his own ass. It's an unifinished mess, deal with it.

In 15 years when this game is remastered,
What do you think they will change?

I don't see a lot of people complaining about the backtracks in the previous games, especially MGS2 with big shell being the most repetitive level design in the whole series and that's regarded as the best game in here. Double standards? Zelda cycle?

why are you still alive now?

>a 4K game getting remastered

for what purpose?

even 15 years from own 4K will look nice ,even if games are rendered in 16K .

Yes it did, it made Big Boss far less important by introducing his doppelganger and even his copy didn't do anything as huge as the other games lead us to believe. Everyone in MGS1-4 was always talking about how Big Boss went apeshit over preserving the Boss' dream and practically started WW3 over it but the specifics were never given, and MGSV was supposed to be some insight into what everyone was talking about. But surprise, it's fucking nothing, you've neutered one of the central talking points of the overarching narrative and Big Boss conveniently never says "oh by the way I didn't even do most of the stuff people think I did lol that was another guy" in his exposition dump at the end of MGS4. Because Kojima never planned this shit, he's just a hack.

no

you don't understand the series

It would be all about VR by then so.

Well, you can kill yourself now.

okay

but it is finished. Chapter 3 is disarmament.

Not to mention the 60fps lock

Damn, I'm really getting feels from being forced into a hallway where I have to arbitrarily kill random generic soldiers who have less facial diversity than the citizens of Half-Life 2. Fuck. Remember that moment when you visited Mother Base (only for about five seconds because duh there's nothing to do there) and heard one of these dudes repeat a line you've heard several times before? Then you judo threw him. Not because it was funny, since the hilarity had long since sifted away, but just because it gave some tiny little +5 boon to some stat that you're sure is important somehow. Now I'm here in a tent and I have to shoot them. Why? Because I decided to activate this mission, I guess. We have to advance the plot so it can go nowhere. STAFF MEMBERS HAD DIED. STAFF MEMBER HAS DIED. Kojima is trying his hardest to mimic his best story-gameplay achievement, executing The Boss, but there's fucking nothing at stake. All these staff members are bland and are easily replaceable. In fact, they were eventually going to be on the chopping block since they weren't S+++ grunts. WOOOOOOHOAAAAAAAH.

Scarse, unless it was full of S++ chicks.

Elaborate then. "You just don't get it duuude" has always been a copout, which is also used by MGS2 fans when you point out that game is shitty as a game.

>MGS2 fans when you point out that game is shitty as a game.

It's pretty fun, since it plays exactly like MGS 1

>Who still playing MGSV and being comfy here?
Reporting.

>you don't understand my fanfiction
FTFY

Now you're making up words. Nice.
>PW had better bosses
Stopped reading there

Did you have a nuke?

I'm mad how much they fucked up MGO3. I had never played MGO2 but it sounded so good, so I was excited for MGO3.

MGO3 was fucking ruined because the only way to play was: sprint everywhere using a medium range AR shooting everything. It was unbeatable. It was completely pointless to do anything else. Sneaking, handguns, snipers, using any kind of stealth or tactics, nope, it did not even compare to "run everywhere with AR". It was just so powerful of a tactic you could not be stopped. You could kill everyone in like 4 hits no matter what, headshots were easy AF to hit, you could extremely easily find people using stealth (even if they were using active camo). Any objective was worthless to complete because you could just sprint around and kill everyone.

I don't know if they balanced it, but in the time I played, they absolutely didn't. You could single handedly win any match by using that shitbrain strategy, and if you weren't doing it yourself, everyone else was so you were at an extreme disadvantage. MGO3 had the framework for an awesome MP game/system, but they completely fucked it up balance wise. Cloak and Dagger was still the best game mode though, when you actually managed to pull off sneaking around and winning it was satisfying but so hard to pull off it almost never happened.

MGS5's gameplay/controls/etc were all very good, and I loved the game though the story was a huge fucking mess. I just wish MGO3 was better..