Anyone else playing some Quake Champions?

anyone else playing some Quake Champions?

pic related - doomguy in 2017

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=GKJmlrhSr5U
thefatcheetah.com/grabs/0a8.png
youtu.be/wTXGJDQjW_Q
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Masterchief in 2017
FTFY, Zenimax

Someone post that "TF2 then, TF2 now" picture.

aaaaaaaaaaaaactually they got all of them, doomguy (1+2), quake 3 arena, doom 3, and doomslayer

Yeah alright, that's pretty neat.

Where's Crash?

Plus Doomguy and Doom 3 guy have different faces as options. Doomguy even has his damaged hud face

datamined in the announcer's voice files along with eyeball guy (orbb) and commander keen

Nah im playing ut4

but no sight of Doom 64

That's still doomguy, but I imagine they'll add a variant version of that doomguy soon.

call me when they add proper duel mode with none of that class shit.

>call me when they add proper duel mode with none of that class shit.

I've heard that's in the works. "Classic mode" they call it. But I bet you will be whining about mud dead community by the time they make this addition, because you are just a jaded faggot who doesn't enjoy video games anymore.

even better

Nope
id is dead to me

>doom 3 marine armor

fucking neato

>actually having Doom 3's marine head
Huh, that's something I wasn't expecting.

>new doomguy not filled with stickers of logos like MLG and such

Too bad Doomguy's ability is shit and his double jump tends to get him killed than help

Unfortunately a low tier champion overall

What's Doomguy's ability?

One is double jump, the activating one that is on recharge is berserk when you rush forward with your fists and deal heavy melee damage.

I agree that his activatable ability is currently shit (only good for fleeing against good opponents), but the double jump is handy for reaching certain vertical spots and throwing off people

Beserk: For a short amount of time movement speed increase + punch that deals big damage IF you can hit them

>£20 for a Quake Live reskin
Ehh..

Its going to be f2p, but for a while it'll only have the early access packs available.

If you were in any of the beta tests, you'll still have access though.

the longer you stay in mid air the more likely to get hit by railgun in midair or get hit by a rocket as you land

Doesn't buying in early access give you every champion they ever release though, like how Smite and Paladins do it?

Doom3 armour is based as fuck

more like...
>£20 to buy all current + future champions when all you need is Ranger to grind and unlock all champions ingame

>doomguy
>double jump
>can't buffer jump
all the """additions""" to this game are a joke and only detract from the core gameplay

Yeah it does

Yes, it's exactly the same model.

Can you still only temporarily unlock heroes with the free2grind coins?

You can grind for loot boxes and get them permanently through those.

Right now they're being extra Jew and making it so you can only permanently unlock characters randomly via crates.

That'll probably change by the time the f2p version fully launches though.

Then wait for a classic mode, that's pretty much an inevitability.

Yeah. But if they don't change that by launch they'll get reamed. Even chinkshit doesn't do rental only nowadays

This is probably the scummiest f2p game I've seen to this day.

All I play is doomguy with quake Arena skin. Pretty fun desu.

Anarki and Sorlag are cancer though. Lightning gun is also fucking stupid.

>Then wait for a classic mode,
yeah, nah its a bloated pile of shit and they'll never convince me to install it

WHY DOESN'T DOOMGUY HAVE BROWN GLOVES?

WHY DOES DOOM 3 GUY HAVE GLOVES

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>heavy melee damage
>gets outclassed by the gauntlet

damage should be boosted or RoF

agreed, and BJ needs a fucking buff.

That's not first person view.

I only use it to grab armor and health at match start.

Don't you mean LORE SCROLLS :^)

For anyone unaware - If you collect 10 of a characters lore scrolls, you get their origins skin (doomguy skin for doom guy for example)

Except they spawn inside urn props each match. But only one TOTAL per match, and anyone can grab it.

Everyone's saying one total per match but I've had more than one match where there was more than one.

At least I'm guessing that's what happened as it did the LORE FOUND audio message when I wasn't even close to anything (i.e. someone else grabbed one someplace else in the map), then I rounded a corner and found one myself.

Everyone hears lore found, but only the person who picks it up hears the lore pickup noise, so probably a stray rocket blew up an urn and you found it first.

But I mean I specifically heard the 'lore found' message twice, and know I didn't just run into the lore by accident because I specifically saw the little red fucker floating there ten seconds after I heard the message the first time.

Shit, guess its a rare chance of two then.

Do we actually get the skin for free or just available yo buy with gems once we get lore scrolls? Because some of these are some characters best skins and the hero renting seems really jewish

Wait is that what the audio is? I've been wondering why I hear that random noise when playing.

Who else mains Slosh?

Break urns around the map to find lore scrolls and grab them before anyone else can. If you get 10 for a character (they drop for any character while playing as anyone) you get their origins skin.

Wait, so I can't even play as classic Doomguy from the start? I have to do a completely luck based treasure hunt for it? Fuck that shit, it was horrendous when TF2 did it, its still horrendous now.

I agree that its retarded, but at least there's no dupes from this shit.

I'm up to 13 out of 110 scrolls and once that's done I'll be able to rush through any new character's scrolls day 1.

It's tiem to kick ass and chew buublgum

>doesn't have brown gloves in reaction picture

Is Quake Champions actually any good? Sorlag didn't quite convince me but the Doomguy armor choices looks great

youtube.com/watch?v=GKJmlrhSr5U
BLASPHEMY

Dead on arrival. Play PUBG instead.

I like it. Its standard quake plus some class/hero mechanics. Watch some gameplay videos and see if the hero shit is a plus or minus for you.

>Watch some gameplay videos and see if the hero shit is a plus or minus for you.

I figure character differences can't be too different compared to something like Metroid Prime Hunters or UT2004 mutators

So will they add in new skins eventually?
Doomguy should have his Doom 2 cover costume too.

The game is pretty good. The netcode is trash. I considered the early access thing but I don't feel like paying for a broken product. Give it some time.

>that neck elasticity
>that mouth fleshiness
>those fleshy hips
Hngh.

>T: 12yo retard

Right, so does the game have bots at least? If so, are they actually any competent?

by yourself?

PUBG is easily GOTY and the best game since Overwatch

I've seen more doomguys than any other hero, they will shit out a ton of cosmetics for him.

Hopefully Crash (female doom style space marine from Q3A) gets the same treatment since she's basically rule 63 doomguy.

nope. Multiplayer only

at least there are bots

its a shame the netcode is so terrible and some important things are fucked beyond limits
>rokkit (used to?) launch rockets at the same speed you'd launch them with 300 ping in quake live
>sound design is complete ass troguh the echo filter meaning competitive qoake will suffer of not having those sick moments where you'd get fragged thanks to the sound of picking up armor
>netcode and optimization is SHIIIIT

i wish they kept the original helmet for the new Doom

Works fine for me, other than not being close enough to a data center to get less than 90 ping.

Is my boi Uriel in this game? What's his ability?

>b-b-b-but muh netcode!!
Nigga, you just suck

Netcode just suck, everybody has common complaint about QC and it's fckin netcode.

That's always the best copout when you're a scrub

Not yet, but he was on a datamined list of announcer files.

thefatcheetah.com/grabs/0a8.png

Keep in mind that we're only on hero #11, so it might be a while.

At least people actually talk about the gameplay in Quake Champions. Have seen absolutely nothing about PUBG other than sales chart spamming

literally more players than dota 2

face it we won

Oh well, I'll wait until they actually finish the game. Hope it's not dead yet by that time.

The new gauntlet looks fucking rad. More of the other weapons are little too overdesigned though

>Commander Keen

Oh shit

Dota 2 won the electoral college

How alive is the playerbase on South America? Alternatively how much detriment is a high ping? Is the netcode mainly server side like in Serious Sam, or a little bit of client side compensation like Source games?

I don't play shit like DOTA 2 either. I don't play games based on people spamming sales charts and desperately avoiding talking about the actual game. Sign that the game is bad

It's confirmed that netcode sucks even by devs because clients are sending additional technical data (and it's impossible to play if you have upload less than 1Mb/s)

The game will be released way before Uriel is ready, I don't think I even saw Uriel that often compared to Orbb, the skeleton, or the sluts.

>because clients are sending additional technical data

What kind? for technical purposes or just because it's shit?

>netcode sending is LITERALLY linked to the FPS
put like 20 players with 300 FPS in one server and you got babbies first DDoS while everyone rubberbands like shit

>Commander Keen
holy fucking shit
I now have to seriously consider buying this game

How does that work? the higher the framerate the heavier the data sent?

>it's impossible to play if you have upload less than 1Mb/s
Okay, what frame rate do you have to maintain to get that?
Because you know the netcode is tied to framerate right? Like, frame for tick.

yep
Battle(non)sense tested it twice to see if they fixed it and they barely improved since first wave beta.

youtu.be/wTXGJDQjW_Q

Mostly Technical purposes - I even registered over 50kB/s upload spikes with regular intervals because of them

Avg 100fps with drops to 80

>grim and gritty 27-year old tired Keen

not sure if want.

Playing through Doom 2016 right now and I just beat the Cyberdemon. One of the easiest boss fights I've ever played in a game. The only semi-challenging part of the game so far is finding all the secrets and doing all the missions and weapon enhancement stuff.

I feel like this is the last mission. I'm in Titan hell or whatever. I missed like 1 or 2 secrets the whole game.

I actually imagine the platformer with him in bloody and gritty style - it would be awesome twist

I'm picturing a matured Keen as a guy with a five o' clock shadow wearing worn-out clothes and the same yellow helmet

Who designed that armor, 343i?

Yes but will there be dopefish
dopefish when

Most of those seem like they might have covered their bases while they had the announcer's VA recording audio and got all the Q3A characters names recorded.

But they have both "Keen" and "Commander Keen" as of they already are adding him to the game but just aren't sure what to call him yet.