What kind of games are popular with German people (i.e. Germans, Austrians, etc) ?

What kind of games are popular with German people (i.e. Germans, Austrians, etc) ?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=gEJHrmliVQw
youtube.com/watch?v=qMEQEeNwTOU
youtube.com/watch?v=4ztOV2wrrkY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Gothic

we austrians kind of have the same gaming culture as the american, but with a lot more fifa shit and lot less weebshit. germans i dunno, i think they only play fifa and work simulators

Cs Go it seems

Germans are fucking subhumans, so don't expect much from them

t. living in Germany

Landwirtschaft Simulator

Fifa

These games are no joke.
youtube.com/watch?v=gEJHrmliVQw

All these and LoL.

Prison Simulator

suicide and destroying europe... mostly suicide

cringe

t. grzegorz brzęczyszczykiewicz

youtube.com/watch?v=qMEQEeNwTOU
How about now?

wie?

would be to satisfying for others if we go under without dragging the rest down with us

>"mortal kombain"
made me chuckle

Simulators are an actual thing. Mostly the same shit as in America though, but swapping Madden for FIFA.

>Dota 2
>PUBG
>other normie shit
>work simulators if you're 40+

Forgot about >mein city building

simulators and more simulators
my German friends are deep into space sims

current german top selling titles

other than that Fifa is really big here on consoles and your typical mass market stuff, Battlefield/CoD etc.

>Forklift Truck

We call them "Gabelstapler".

gabelstapler simulator, kek

it has a gabel to stapel

those are not so different than the top sellers here in murrica

PC stuff.

Adventure games, Anno, CS, BW, Quake and stuff like that used to be pretty popular. Germany is still Quakes biggest market I believe.

Fifa, GTA and call of duty

One thing you need to Know about german gaming culture is that a lot of people Play only a single game or franchise and Do not consider other games to be a simmilar thing.

Especialy the older Generation.

In rural austria Sports games are realy popular, in the City you See simmilar stuff to other places. Dark souls is common, dotalol used to be popular but heartstone never was. For honor had a minor hype.

TES is played a lot but people only Play either gothic or TES never ever both.
HoMM 3 is popular but not the other ones

The old Germans or the new Germans?

LoL, DotA, FIFA, CS, CoD, BF, PUBG, some MMO shit.

>Austrians
Mostly dungeon simulators.

>PEGI 16
>not USK 6
wasted potential

fucking lmao

>spend decades trying to shill to the world that Hitler was German and not Austrian
>end up getting associated with someone even worse than hitler

Austrians got what they deserved.

everyone knows that hitler was australian, fucking cunts

>i.funny.co

Warehouse Simulator

Same shit as everywhere else. Fifa, COD, Witcher...

I love how they are not giving two shits about the look of the game,that bridge is literally 5 polygons and some flat texturing over it lel

Do Germans play weeb games?

That's what I have installed right now. Post yours.

Anno

Fifa and GTA

>Big Pharma
What do you think about it? Do you have the DLC?

1602 only, though.
Anything after got less and less attention.
They have run the franchise into the ground.

but Anno 1800 looks intersesting

the Glitcher
Mortal Kompott
Battelfield II BLITZKRIEG add-on
Wolfenstein Hans Landa mod
Lara Lofts womb raider
Michael Schumachers wheelchair racing 2017
Shower Tycoon

I do have the DLC. I'd say it's a simple game not meant for lenghty sessions but makes for a great filler between other games. At its core it's more of a puzzle game than a sim and that's somehow also its weakness. Once you figure out how to chain the machines together effectively it's mostly a matter of fast-forwarding through phases of the game waiting for a reason to expand or upgrade your manufacturing lines, provided you don't get fucked by enemies getting a patent. There's not enough complexity or depth in it to be played over and over, despite the game having random ingredients and various other factors to spice it up. It's basically a more casual and streamilned Factorio with randomized resources and AI competition.
It's a solid game though and clearly made by someone who knows what he's doing - there's very little wrong with it if you like the gameplay itself. I do not regret buying it back in the days (before it was on Steam), it's one of the few modern build-an-assembly-line-and-run-a-business games that isn't totally flawed.

It will have uplay.
That makes playing it out of question for me.

I am German and my favourite games are:
>STALKER SoC
>Quake 3
>Soldiers: Heroes of World War 2
>Age of Wonders
>Heroes of Might and Magic 3
>Age of Empires 2
>Command and Conquer Tiberian Sun and Red Alert 2
>Terraria

Literally the exact same shit that's also popular on the rest of the planet.

>I am German
No you're not, you're Polish.

Shut uuuup

>Wolfenstein Hans Landa mod
i want that

here my currently installed games, i hate most other germans though, we have so much white trash in this country.

>tfw german and only play games with cute little girls in it
I am the cancer

Joking aside, are these games genuinely a big deal in Germany?

Ja, I am der German und I like to playing Wirtschaftsimulators n shiet

its not only in germany a big deal honestly, euro truck simulator 2 has over 4 million sold units.

>a big deal

Not really, but we have large sections for them in electronic store's video game sections.
So there are apparently people that play them.

I personally only play public transport simulators (railway/flight sims, transport tycoon, etc.).

Literally nothing wrong with uplay.

CS:GO, LoL, Dota, Overwatch,Fifa, Battlefield, GTA normie shit pretty much.

Only among middle-aged or old people. I don´t know anyone who plays these games, except for people that play Racing-sims or Euro Truck 2, both don´t really count.

Fuck german grand strategy players. You're mostly the cancer prussiaboos with the trash youtube memes.

yes

I have seen anybody actually unironically buy or play them. But our stores have huuuuuuge spaces for all the simulators. Like really, I couldnt find a Persona 5 in my local electronics stores (both) but there are rows upon rows upon rows with Landwirtschaftssimulator starting from like the 2011 edition up to the 2017 edition.

At uni everyone only plays LoL and Hearthstone

>cancerous normalfags play cancerous normalfag games
?

like the plebeian dogs they are

>Blond German
Really made me think.

No not really.

Rainbow Six Siege. They're everywhere.

Smoking everywhere and defiling world heritage sites

We're talking about Germany. Not Finland.

Weebshit is big here but I find not even weebs give a shit about weeb games outside of the big things like FF and Monster Hunter.

any game about Sup Forums like battlefield or wolfenstein
now fuck off

>finland
>destroying europe

swedecuck detected

>Germans
youtube.com/watch?v=4ztOV2wrrkY

>Not Finland.
As a slav, Finland is a fucking paradise, no sun shining is fucking great.
Why the suicides though?

basically the same as in other western countries.

t. German

Not a Swede.
Enjoy your top ratings in suicides.

I thought you could get jail time if you had a single little anime girl on your computer in germany?

I'm glad you two anons seem to find it as disgusting as I am. It really sucks though, because you can barely talk about various video games with people like this. Man I want some friends who play games that arent F2P shit

Needs more mentions of Counter-Strike.

And I am missing the times when strategy games were a big thing.

Finns are a pretty cool bunch of people.
9/10, would volunteer to help defend if attacked by Russians again.
t. Swede

Older f2p mmos like Metin2 or Silkroad are very popular among unemployed foreigners here.