Have like one original developed character...

>Have like one original developed character, everything else deepens on huge glossary and history of characters from books and games

AND YET

>Pretend like the first game never happened
>Delete all your choices in Witcher 2, even after Witcher 2 epilogue told you they matter
>Ignore major plot points from the last games (Geralt was a rider of the Wild Hunt? not relevant enough to mention)
>Retcon all the books with a shitty asspul plothole ending because you have no imagination and no ending besides "happily ever after" will do

How the fuck do people not call out these hacks. This is a bigger travesty than the Mass Effect ending for me. The only reason I can think off is that no one cared, and most people started with the Witcher 3 anyway

The main story in TW3 was kinda a letdown, BECAUSE they tried to steer it back to the books, instead of being entirely original.

>The only reason I can think off is that no one cared, and most people started with the Witcher 3 anyway
Welcome to typical GenZ Xbot audience.
Where even the biggest classics IPs are unheard of until some mid-2010s reboot / sequel is announced and shilled hard, resulting momentarily hype, praise and "this is GOTYAY!!!" boasting, only for the game to get practically forgotten few months later. But not before the original game(s) in the series are claimed obsolete, clunky, and all around inferior to the latest multiplat trash that was these 00's kids first game.

>Delete all your choices in Witcher 2
What are you talking about? They don't matter too much but they do, take Letho for example.
>Geralt was a rider of the Wild Hunt? not relevant enough to mention
Except it's literally in the trailer and is mentioned in the game multiple times?

It's actually shows what a masterpiece this game is by how nitpicky the complaints are.

>take Letho for example
Where's my bro Iorveth?

>Ciri still isn't knocked up yet

How is such a huge plot point not resolved? 60% of the series revolves around people trying to bang her

>Where's my bro Iorveth?

>Every single character from previous games should be in W3 or this game is bad!
Where the fuck did you get this assumption? It's not fucking sitcom.

Her pussy is only for Geralt

>>Every single character
Don't pretend like the alliance you make and second act route wasn't THE biggest choice you made in TW2. Letho appearance in TW3 is a throwaway side quest and doesn't matter in the slightest.
I'm not OP, and I loved TW3, but the importance of choices between the entries in the series and save importing, is far, far less significant than some people are trying to make it look.

>Where's my bro Iorveth?
Hopefully in a shallow grave, fuck Iorveth!

There was a part with a plague spreading in novigrad and surroundings that involved scoiatels and iorveth, with iorveth & co. getting killed or escaping in the end.
They had to cut it for some reason i can't remember, just google hard.

I actually hate this Bioware mentality people seem to have adopted in terms of save imports/carrying over decisions.

>every single thing I did has to be referenced in some way!
No, it doesn't. Or you end up with shit like token inclusions just for the sake of it.

>They had to cut it for some reason
Why didn't they add it back in Enhanced Edition?

>Don't pretend like the alliance you make and second act route wasn't THE biggest choice you made in TW2. Letho appearance in TW3 is a throwaway side quest and doesn't matter in the slightest.

Yeah, but does it matter in Witcher 3 where story is much grander and things have escalated a fuckton in six months, though? It sounds like to me like you want reference for reference's sake and not if it adds anything.

>They don't matter too much but they do, take Letho for example

Letho played absolutely no purpose beside a pointless cameo because the writers are hacks.

His is the only story that actually concluded and concluded well in Witcher 2.

And no the choices don't matter for shit.Witcher 2 epilogue actually tells you that you stopped the witch hunt and restored the council of mages by making the decision cannon Geralt would make (save Triss)

And pondering wether letting Roche kill Henselt is completely fucking pointless. They fucking killed the hardest decision in any of the games. It's the same fucking outcome, oh he died anyway when Radovid invaded him for no reason while being invaded himself . Complete fucking bullshit this game is

it wasn't just some quests, it was basically a whole chapter of the game, i would have loved to see it just as much as you.

I just want the devs to be honest. If your choice from the previous games don't matter, don't market it as a feature.

The average person actually hates sequels because it means they need to bother knowing the previous works.
Since TW3 is a commercial game and it needed to sell to a wider audience, that's why they butchered it.

but that's incest!

Why did they retcon Ciri from being Emhyr's betrothed to becoming his daughter? Are medieval betrothals that controversial?

> It sounds like to me like you want reference for reference's sake and not if it adds anything.

Are you for fucking real? You just described the core paradigm of Witcher 3. Just shove in these characters because they were in the book, it doesn't matter whether they actually add anything to the story.

What the fuck did Letho add? What did the entire quest with Ves add? How was it not a contradiction of her character in Witcher 2.

What the fuck did Fringilla Vigo add. You do realize she was more important character than Triss in the books. She HAD ONE LINE IN THE FUCKING GAME

Dude what?

Literally little that happened in the witcher 2 even matters. Geralt was just trying to clear his name
The important thing is that Geralt got his memory back so he carries on where he left off in TW3.

>little what happened

Have you even finished the game you dumb fuck. Why would they add the epilogues to tell you how much your choices mattered when they didn't matter for shit

How the fuck was Vigo more important than Triss? She had one job and she failed

Geralt was way more infatuated with her than with Triss

>This is a bigger travesty than the Mass Effect ending for me.
That is because you are a desperate faggot looking for things to feel outraged about, mostly basing your picks on what is currently most popular so that you could feel yourself superior to a larger group of people by proxy.

>Pretend like the first game never happened
The first game was awkward as fuck in it's storytelling, so it was pretty hard to actually build upon. That said, I have to say it's a bit of a letdown that they did not actually expand on the influences of Order of the Flaming Rose in Redania in the end.
>Delete all your choices in Witcher 2, even after Witcher 2 epilogue told you they matter
That is just objectively not true. Not all choices are accounted for, but then again: why do you even expect they should be? Just because Bioware tried once this whole "choices matter across multiple games in a series" - and failed MISERABLY at it too - does not mean that every other game is mandated to use the same model.

I don't remember TW2 telling that all my choices will be accounted for either. I think you might be mistaking games here.

>Ignore major plot points from the last games (Geralt was a rider of the Wild Hunt? not relevant enough to mention)
A) how is this ignoring points from the previous games, and B) who would exactly mention this to Geralt? Who besides members of the Wild Hunt, Avalach, Ciri and Yen would fucking know that you retard!
This is desperate stretching for shit to complain about.
>Retcon all the books with a shitty asspul plothole ending because you have no imagination and no ending besides "happily ever after" will do
The handling of White Frost was very weak. That is the only thing I'll actually give you here. But did you know it has MULTIPLE endings? Not all of them happy?

>take letho for example

I killed that fat bitch, why was he my bro by default in TW3??

Only because Vigo reminded him of Yen and he was under the spell of the town. Triss played a much bigger role in the story

>european complaining
Like clockwork

He is right, actually. Emhyr is Ciri's biological father, but that is an incredibly well-kept secret in the books. She never learns it in the books either. He officially wants to marry her in the books: officially to gain legal claim to the Throne of Cintra, but unofficially because he wants to streghten his genetic ties to the Elder Bloodline and he does not mind indulging incest in order to do so.

And he does end up actually marrying an imposter Ciri - a girl that poses as Ciri in order to protect the real one from him. So by the time the games take place, Emhyr should be MARRIED TO CIRI, THE PRINCESS O CINTRA.
It's weird how the games ignore that and go to him suddenly admitting that (real) Ciri is his daughter, when the was literally the most well-kept state-secret in the books.

What? What the FUCK?!

Did you literally CHOSE TO EMULATE YOUR SAVE, CHOSE TO CLAIM YOU SPARED LETHO, and THEN BITCH ABOUT HIM APPEARING?!
Because that is LITERALLY the only potion that would end you with Letho being alive when you killed him in previous games.

Letho is dead in the Default world state. You either have to import a save file with him alive, or chose to emulate save, then explicitly state you left him alive during the interview.

There is something very broken inside of you.

lol wall of text starting with insults without actually rebuting or saying anything at all, how unlike a mindless shill-drone

>I don't remember TW2 telling that all my choices will be accounted for either.

Watch all the epilgoues on youtube. Fucko

yeah the first two games felt so disconnected from the 3rd.
I mean there were callbacks to the first game here and there but that's all it felt like. A wink wink nudge nudge to people who played the first one.

I want Ciri to be real and have her be my GF

get a girl to cosplay her

Let's be honest. You aren't man enough to handle Ciri. She's a firecracker and only yields to supreme alphas

nah the guy she kinda fell for was the one soft and gentle guy on skellige

that's just a beta self insert user

She did not fell for him, she wanted to give him a reward/pity fuck for what he did for him. Not exactly the same as falling for someone.

Truth be told they were much smarter than the me series. They never promised everything would transfer and respect them for that.