Sup Forums before Laidlaw ep 3: "Half-Life was never good"

Sup Forums before Laidlaw ep 3: "Half-Life was never good"

Sup Forums after Laidlaw ep 3: :DYSON SPHERE GMAN AAAAAAHHHH"

Great board.

>Sup Forums before Laidlaw ep 3: "Half-Life was never good"

bad bair desu

You mean epistle 3, right? When are we going to get the first two epistles, what a hack.

>its a Sup Forums is one person episode

Half life 1 has always been a masterpiece.
Half life 2 however has those 8 hours of duck hunt that almost ruin every thing else

Not only that, HL1DM was a pretty great arena FPS.

You caught me user. I'm every single user on Sup Forums.

What really annoys me are those people who take Laidlaws ending as cannon and as a result now want HL3 instead.

Alyx didn't have very much character so I'm not sure how good Half Life 3 if she talks through the whole game.

Contrarian shitters are annoying to debate. After years of this, with no new content, people who liked the games stopped bothering to contest the nay-sayers. Relevant shit comes out, and now people who liked it are talking about it again.
Easy enough to see what's happening here.

I fucking hate that VNN cuck who says people don' want Episode 3 anymore because we now have closure.

What a fucking cunt I dont have closure I want something fucking cannon not some garbage.

MCGREGOR VS MAYWEATHER

so was is the leaked story or just fan fiction?

Hello user

>was the originally intended ending of the Half Life series leaked by one of the former lead writers fan fiction

uuuuh no.

You say that as if the dyson sphere thing is played for gags

I don't think people being contrarian caused the decrease in appreciation for Half-Life 2. It was just very interesting and new at the time, but once you get past the good level design and (at the time, unique) physics puzzles shoehorned into every map, it really stops being that interesting. It had a lot of different aspects that distracted from its mediocre and uninteresting gunplay and far too tedious vehicle sections, but as time went on I believe its flaws became glaring. It got old quick. I was already fatigued before I finished the game the first time (but thankfully we had many years of Source mods).

Half-Life 2 was a good game, but I think it's one of the least replayable games I've ever gone through, and I really used to be a fan 10 years ago. I'd rather play Half-Life 1 again at this point, and I've definitely spent more time in it than 2.

Half-life 1 was good, for a western game anyway. Compare it to fucking Quake 2.
Half-life 2 was case of throwing lot of money on incompetent developers. It showed that the game was expensive, but it wasn't that good.

>physics puzzles
People keep mentioning them but I can only remember one during the boat section. What physic puzzles were also there?

>Sup Forums not like Half Life 1
>"Half-Life was never good" not just a phrase from various OPs that nobody ever argues for because they just want to start Half Life discussion
Besides, it's not "Half-Life was never good", it's "Half Life 2 fuckin sucks, why do people like this".

I went through part of the game again in Synergy yesterday. They threw a lot of small physics things here and there. Some of them were cool a long time ago but felt a bit clunky now. There were some traps in Ravenholm, things breaking beneath you, playing fetch with dog, etc. I said physics puzzles but I sort of meant they felt the need to throw it around everywhere in the game in many small and large ways. Back then it was interesting, but in the current era post Breath of the Wild and more recent releases, it feels quite dated.

It's what the former lead writer had, so it's the closest thing we have.

i will never understand why valve put a vehicle section right at the start of the fucking game