ARMS

How would you improve this game? Personally I'd lower the damgae a lbit from the grab attacks, because it's annoying as fuck when people spam it.
>easy to counter
yes but still boring. I wouldn't lower the damage too much so it doesn't become useless, maybe take 1/4th or 1/3rd dmg away from it

Other urls found in this thread:

mobile.twitter.com/ARMS_Cobutter/status/881708844656631808
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I stayf afk in 3player free-for alls. If they ignore me I let them fight each others off and I take the final hits
>tfw hedlok player stands right in front of me and I kill him with my grab attack , take hedlok and then finish the other guy with a special

I would add a classic tournament mode and the "against 100" made it with 2 players. Also a true story mode and multimedia gallery to get all the lore possible for ech character

>all the images worth their salt are posted on the fucking twitter
>ending screens were farted out in two minutes by a random intern

>Game is already slow and has pacing problems
>Lets lower one of the more consistent ways to get damage
Yeah no. Grabs are already slow as shit and only useful as punishes and seldom land otherwise. In fact, if people are spamming them then the matches go quicker and you move on. Arms needs some things fixed for "tournament level" play but grabs aren't one of them.

Meant for OP

fair enough, they are no problem in 1vs1
however, when playing 2vs2 people mostly will literally just spam grab

It's still pretty beatable, the problem lies more in the fact that 2v2 is a clusterfuck and has zero communication. So on average it's just way easier to get a grab because people don't know how to play it and two randoms are bound to be unorganized

how is the game too slow and what pacing problems?

Add a nontethered 2v2 game option

What if they had springs for legs instead?

>How would you improve this game?
Add a proper story mode and implement all the lore that they post on twitter in the actual game.

The entire game, when played optimally, is defensive and very jab then defend. It's especially bad in certain matchups. Pacing is part that, and then once somebody has Rush + a life lead they get an immense advantage. A slightly wrong punch or grab from the opponent will result in them popping Rush and getting an even BIGGER life lead. Making a comeback at that point is overly difficult, despite Rush being a comeback mechanic it's more like a "keep a lead" mechanic.

I got really into the 2p party mode during the testpunch. That said, I'm not sure a weekend was long enough to tell if I'd burn out after a little while. Is it a game you can keep coming back to, or is it the kind of game where you're likely to lose interest fast?

>all the lore that they post on twitter in the actual game

Only played the testpunch, what's with all the DNA and bendy screaming people?

It's not exactly clear yet, but it's an organisation who was testing the whole Arms phenomenon and doing experiments about that, and in the process they made Helix (the green flubber dude). All the tubes in the lab are other experiments like that, but only Helix managed to escape thanks to that thing on his chest which keeps him from falling apart like the things in the tubes do once you destroy them.

There's also some implication that there's some dark force behind it all, because in the shadows something else is lurking. mobile.twitter.com/ARMS_Cobutter/status/881708844656631808

It's a fighting game. How long do normal fighting games keep your interest?

It has very little content besides just going online. That's your call if it sounds appealing or not.

Thanks for explaining! Didn't realise there was much of a story behind ARMS.

I've honestly never played a fighting game outside of the odd Street Fighter 2 arcade machine and Smash because I suck pretty bad at them. Maybe this will win me round. I don't have a lot of money to spend on games, so it's a big risk investing in something that might not last me for long.

I bought it after the testpunch too, so far I'm still interested in it. Only problem is that I can't seem to find anyone to play ranked against... there was this one guy but I beat him three times in a row and he quit. Those were my first rankeds

Lol

This is more a thing for ARMS 2 but I would add 2-3 exclusive attacks for each character.
Like spring man having a straight punch. That goes half way across screen. And a uppercut for anti air when close range.
Ribbon girl having a range projectile with her voice. Ect ect.
Keep rushes but make them not transfer between rounds.
Add a critical system that is an individual and unique special damaging move for each character this builds up though out the match and can transfer through rounds.
Character specific hp numbers.
Allow 3-4 hit combos to do more damage than punch+grab.
Allow 3-4hit juggles.
Faster allow us to choose if we want to unlock arms for one specific character only in the arms getter.

Do you live in a populated area? For some bizarre reason ranked finds matches for you with players in a set range of you.

>finland, I don't too many have a switch near me

Twintelle motivates me to keep hitting the gym.

>How would you improve this game?
by relasing on actual platform instead of overglorified tablet for dumb manchildren

interesting ideas, although I could see some exclusive attacks and criticals being exploited too much and everyone ends up using the same character. With the hp pool added in, it takes a lot of work to truly balance it out

video games are for dumb manchildren, get over it

>6 cents have been deposited to your steam account

Then I would say an improvement would be to have the option for world wide and regional match making.

Replace supers with a unique ability that each character gets access to at different rates. Spring man bounces, ribbon girl can set up ribbon decorations that tangle up the enemy, mechanica gets a faster rate of fire on punches for a brief period. Something like that. It's fun and easy to pick up and play considering it's just left and right with various gloves but it feels boring when you consider how similar everyone plays. Also, add a ranked mode where you can only use motion controls. It's legitimately fun to play that way but it's no splatoon where it actually gives you an advantage.

Well that can happen in any fighting game if the balancing is poor. I think yabuki so Crew is up to the challenge.

1. A tournament mode where all the ARMS are unlocked. Have offline and Online functionality to help the tourney scene grow. Also have a huge coin payout for winning. Would make it fun for competitive and casual play.

2. Costumes and other cosmetics. The characters are ripe for this kind of thing, and I feel coins should be useful for more than just getting new ARMS at the rate you can stock up on em.

3. Saving Replays. Just a nice thing to have.

4.Fucking ARMS switch Icons PLEASE

Fuck I would love to have an arms switch icon expecially if they just have icons of arms as well rather than characters only.
Megatron for life.

preddy gud

i hope that version 3 is going to have quite a few qol features added to the game
yabuki and his team seem to listen to the playerbase quite a bit and the fact that the new update is coming during mid-september leave me quite optimistic to be honest

yeah, wouldn't mind lowering grab damage a bit. also adding a fucking story mode with at least a 10-15 hour story would have helped a ton

exclusive moves to each character would add a huge incentive to try new fighters but would also probably induce meta hell even worse than grab spamming

yeah, I really like the fact that they actually listen. please, for the love of god keep the same dev team for arms 2

Probably but I think it's more interesting that way. And it's not like balancing is not a thing.

She kinda looks like a bear in the thumb

Honestly can't wait to play her.

yeah, I wouldn't mind at least 2-3 moves being exclusive to each character. fuck it. what could go wrong?

HOO-HAH

I want to see her pop.

Screaming and moaning as the pressure and pleasure builds beyond her breaking point.

customizable costumes!

I saw thru the entire tournament last week with japan's top and defensive play just wasn't there. Yeah it's more defensive than games where you don't have an entire arena to walk around in but it's far from turtling galore and the guy that pussied away often was the one that lost because the other guy filled rushes fast. You're simply not being accurate to reality.

Its the kind of game you pace yourself with. Play it no more than 4 hours any given day. Take a break from it when you're feeling like you may bun out and come back to it when the interest hits you.

Its actually very well balanced in that sense. Offense gives tons of meter but opens you up to counters.

post legs

Degenerate

Turbo mode. Arms would really benefit from going quite a bit faster.

Turbo modes always suck

I think that defeats the purpose of the game.

How so?

No 3 player free-for-alls. 1v1 is ideal and 4 player FFA at least feels equally chaotic all around. 3 player FFA is just a 2v1 fight that just turns into a 1v1

Events. I know they patched in the feature, but my issue with ARMS is that the game is fun, but really repetitive. Splatoon had this issue on Wii U, but the sequel just adds so many different incentives for you to grind it out

Like what?

I have no idea about how it would specifically work, but something like the Splatfests in Splatoon

Shit, was meant to be your (You)

Lol dead game

explain

>remove the ability to use whatever ARMS you want, only defaults
>make the timer slightly longer
>add a 'loot' system to ranked that rewards you when winning games (extra colours/costumes, tags, etc)
>in-game art manual that gets updated from time to time
>unranked 1v1 mode
>story model

entire concept behind the arms is to introduce a longer delay between hits. it's the whole point

I agree with loot and story mode

I'd at least have an option/separate mode that only allowed default ARMS loadouts. That and unranked 1v1 would be much appreciated.

>story mode
Did you not do Grand Prix?

Fix 2v2 by removing the rope that ties players together

grand prix is in no form a substitute for story mode

i disagree. would defeat the purpose of the mode. you're meant to work together

>Remove the ability to use whatever ARMS you want.

So ruin the entire point of the game. dope.

unranked 1v1 is called Friends/Local.
The game is balanced around ARMS combinations not the default loadouts

ask "Super Armor? Just fuck my shit up" Default Ninjara, "Completely fucking useless" Default helix, or maybe "Lucky to be born with Tbirds and witch time" Twintelle.

Maybe don't remove the rope but perhaps reduce the damage of getting thrown with your partner to 50 or 75 from 100.

Left arm Blorb minmin is fun as fuck for constant blinding shenanigans, what are some other cool character specific ARMS?

Fuck off, I'm totally gonna use Min Min with Lola's 'chucks for maximum kung fu.

alright i'm also gonna bite

>arms shop: buy whatever pair of arms you want for a slightly higher price, say around 25 coins per pair?
>customizable controls
>defaults only ranked, à la injustice 2
>introducing new colours/costumes for each fighters that also can be bought with coins (this also implies reworking the alt selection system)
>filters for party mode

This is implying any of my friends still play ARMS. I actually don't have any issue with playing around with ARMS combinations, but a part of what keeps me from practicing the game is the ARMS """scene""" debating whether or not the competitive rules will play with defaults or not. I currently main Twintelle online, but if I'm forced to play with defaults, I'd drop her without a second thought

Yea definitely hear yea there. Yabuki recently played a match against some euros where they discussed the default debacle. He says he understands why given the way getting ARMS is why offline tourneys tend to go with defaults, which leads me to believe the team will implement something to finally allow all ARMs use offline.

Japanese seem to be farthest ahead in competitive play. I feel well just take Thier rules set

yes
yes
ehh maybe
yes
and explain that last one?

>add a story mode
>speed everything way the fuck up, speed up arm extending animations, speed up springing back up after being knocked over (you spend way too much time on the fucking floor due to how many things just knock you over), speed up projectiles, make the game GO FASTER.
>give players options about what modes they want to play online. Why Nintendo is so shitty about this in both Arms and Splatoon idk. if someone out there only likes the basketball then they should have the right to only play basketball mode online, not be forced into other modes just hoping to see basketball mode pop up for them eventually.
>give the characters more unique animations. their abilities are generic as fuck and being able to wear any arm on any character removes most of their unique qualities and makes them all feel like purely cosmetic preference with minimal concern of balance.
>more stages
>make the stage hazards more interesting
>just fix grabs or remove them, they are stupid as fuck and only add to the issue i mentioned before about spending way too long flat on your ass

That would be fucking sweet.

I don't think the game needs to be sped up, reactionary characters like mummy would just be shat on even more. There are other games to play if you wanna go faster than you have to think.

>Go fast I need speed
Fuck off melee fag.

Oh I forgot this game existed since splatoon 2 came out. How is it these days?

Got a fairly major update, playable Max Brass and some good balance changes. Lola Pop is coming in September.

You have way too much time to think when your options are literally just "do i jump left or right, do i throw out one arm or both arms", and as I said you knock each other over you can't do shit to each other, the long ass get-up animations leave enemies invulnerable so there is no real juggling or followups, all you can do is hope you have competent teammates with proper timing to do juggles but between two people you can still only do a maximum of four hits, and the "tension" of the end of a match is just two people leaping from side to side over and over not hitting each other and it's boring as piss to watch

How's that twitch presence? oh wait I forgot it has none because nobody wants to watch it, it's the slowest, clunkiest fighter I have ever seen. If this weren't made by Nintendo not a single person would give a shit about it.

Really did you not browse Sup Forums at all when the new character got announced? It was 4 fucking day of constants arms threads with each thread lasting 2 hours till bump limit.

like I said to the other user. making the game that much faster would defeat the entire concept of arms

pretty much this
but also max brass and lola come with extra stages and modes

>stream monster
El o el

This game has zero combos outside of landing 1-2 punches and occasionally being able to combo a charged wind fist hit into a super, I don't think that's viable to change at this point.

which is, what, being slow and repetitive as fuck? the concept barely carries the gameplay to like 40 hours of enjoyment, every time people get it they say "well i really adored the game for about ten or fifteen hours and then i got bored of the gameplay"

Did you not watch the Japanese tourny 2 days ago?

If you want juggling play a different fighting game.

There are plenty of interesting things about watching this game imo. It's very read heavy and because each hit and knockdown means so much matches become much more intense as the clock ticks down. at top level play seeing 2 people with experience constantly bait out block and read each others moves feels pretty quick desu. Also something I see more in this game than other fighters is seeing how people adapt from 1 round to the next.

One of the best players of ARMS Sol is known for losing in the first round and adapting so strongly he owns in the following. Even outside of him I notice in the finals of tourneys players quickly change up their mode of attack and can make what seemed like a done game something much more interesting to watch.

I know it's not everyone's cup of tea, but it's pretty damn engrossing once you get into it.

Funny that's what my group of friends said about Splatoon.

defaults only ranked is obviously an option, by the way. you can still play the all arms ladder that has been there since day one
the last one just means that before entering in a party lobby you can choose what modes do you want to play