In the age of console wars, bait threads, eceleb threads and shitposting in general - there is one man who stands firm!

In the age of console wars, bait threads, eceleb threads and shitposting in general - there is one man who stands firm!
It's me, Captain Gordon! The 37th Defender of The Earth!
You didn't forget about me, Sup Forums?
Disgaea thread
What are you playing, anons?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-yi6QDWdoDU
youtube.com/watch?v=BF9RbaQsk1Y
youtube.com/watch?v=UWR94AIepeQ
youtube.com/watch?v=w9ZpK8KPi6E
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Tempted to get Disgaea 5 but, I dont think I have any grind left in me.

Believe in yourself, user!
The grind never left you, it's just waits for the right moment to be welcomed by you again.

Also Disgaea 5 is probably easiest one to grind, honestly. So many mechanics to exploit.

>Gordon
>Defender of The Earth
Ridiculous...

Kurtis?!
>battle comrade starts playing
youtube.com/watch?v=-yi6QDWdoDU

I know right, dood?
Wasn't even mentioned in DD2, what a loser, dood!

What is DD2 you talk about?
There are only 5 Disgaea games.

What does Class Proficiency in Disgaea 5 for character does, is it important to master them all for a character?

BASED GORDON

I know it hurts but you can't deny reality

why did it have to be so mediocre,
i was so hyped because the first game was my favorite, I got a ps3 JUST for that

At least it had some godlike music.

>that endboss theme starts playing
>boss is out of screen
>scroll map
>mfw his level, stats and abilities

I don't know what are you talking user. PS3 had Disgaea 3 and 4. That's it.

It was actually badly designed fight
everything to final boss point is easy as fuck then suddenly huge difficulty spike with OP as fuck evility. nah, fuck that, D5 had better difficulty progression

Damnit user, now i want to replay Disgaea.
Thursday best robot.

>Thursday best robot.
Mah nigga

Why not destroy Baal while you are it this time? Evil must not go unpunished!
DO IT.

I wish steam version had some sort of tracking system to know how many people failed first MidBoss fight
youtube.com/watch?v=BF9RbaQsk1Y

I haven't gotten the motivation to continue my playthrough.
I got to the Sea of Gehenna, I feel like I have to grind again, but I don't know any good grindan maps for this point.

Could be fun, but Mid-boss was pretty easy.
I think in large part because of the fact you get Plenair from the very start in the PC version and she still rolls face in those levels.

to be fair, if you are completely new to the series you get steamrolled by midboss pretty hard, he is basically the first fight teaching you to cheese your way through the game

unless you are a scrub who keeps grinding old maps for levels and items or uses dlc characters like this fag

>Sea of Gehenna
I don't remember that set of stages being that tricky to care about grinding. With what you have problems with?
Anyway for just simple playthru, one dive into item world for 10 levels should be plenty.
I certainly remember around launch people getting murdered by him regardless.
>to be fair, if you are completely new to the series you get steamrolled by midboss pretty hard, he is basically the first fight teaching you to cheese your way through the game
I'd not say it teaches you cheese, it's more of "Pay attention to fucking geo panels you idiot" type of fight. If you paid attention to them from beginning - even if you are new to the genre you can get thru stage without a problem.

>uses dlc characters like this fag

I was completely new to the series and didn't have the slightest clue she was a DLC character, then.

>>sea of gehenna
I don't really know either, I just lost the motivation to keep going.
>one dive into item world
I've only ever jumped in there for the part where it's mandatory for the story.
I just know it's where I go into for minmaxing as hard as possible, but I didn't understand much about it.

>I don't really know either, I just lost the motivation to keep going.
take a break then. You don't have to force yourself to play. It took me quite a few years playing D1 on and off till mechanics clicked with me and I got hooked.
>I just know it's where I go into for minmaxing as hard as possible, but I didn't understand much about it.
no need to understand much. Choose best item for your character, beat 10 stages inside it, get out and equip that item. The power boost may be enough to get thru some first story line hurdles.

thread dying
post etna

slut etna or evil loli etna?

cute Etna

>dood
>not su
loling @ Sup Forums.org

>evil loli
Disgaea 1 Enta acted more like a bratty pre teen than someone I would consider evil even with that whole secret betrayal plot line.

don't bully, dood!

well Disgaea is pretty lighthearted series, would be weird if they go completely evil route

>he didn't get D2 bad end where adel eats his siblings

And I'm glad I didn't.
D2 main story is meh anyway, Axel mode is where it is

>there are thousands of Netherworlds in the universe
>only one Celestia
You sure it wasn't just a weird-ass backwards Netherworld populated by a bunch of crazy demons calling themselves angels?
I mean, look at Vulcanus, he's virtually no different from a demon.

Is 5 good?

story kinda meh - straight shonen, a bit light on post game, mechanics are great.
I'm missing Prinny Riders and Prism Rangers tho

Probably hippies or something

Disgaea items hardly get love they deserve
aside of horse wiener

>implying Laharl would give up his horse wiener

Post your characters

they are not that hard to come across
I don't have any 9999 lvl character.
yet

I know how you feel user
DD2 was really the worst game in the series
What was NIS thiking

Post more Raspberyl

how many hours you got?

DD2 was TERRIBLE in terms of the story the gameplay saved it though, from being a total shitshow

until you encountered bugs

Gameplay was a downgrade for 4
>Remove magichange
>Cheat shop makes the game too easy
>Mount is completely useless
>One evility per character
>No X-Dimension/Dark World
I didn't play 5 I hope it's better

I mean the bugs have been patched and while I can't exactly see why they removed magichange in exchange for the just ok mounting the cheat shop is called a cheat shop for a good reason of course its going to make the game easier, I could live without the dark world stuff and the 1 evility per character im pretty sure was there to prevent the game from being more unbalanced than it already is.

what if someone made a remake of DD2 with a fixed storyline?

i mean how dofficult can it be to make a game that is basically half VN half srpg on an isometric map? just rip the sprites/animations and you are done with 80% of the game

Tempted to go for Baal for the 4th time with Disgaea 4 but preoccupied with SRW Z3 and Rorona+ and criminal girls

>being patched
unless you have physical and know about double load trick - game still can freeze whenever.

So will D3 be ported to PC next year?

are you retarded? I get other sRPG like SRW or something, but Disgaea has way more under the hood than story and sprites.

5 has magic change, multiple evilities + overload, cheat shop is still there tho.

Most likely.

it's all "more numbers" though and all the formulas are openly available

You go and do that then. Come on user, it'll be easy. Show the world your genius.
Let's just ignore that people for years and years hardly managing to make one SRW clone,
which is simplest sRPG in itself

Kurtis mah boi

dont bully, i just want a better DD2 game

Best D3 girl easily, overshadows all D2 girls too

Yeah.

Disgaea
Disgaea 2
Disgaea 4
Disgaea Dimension 2
Disgaea 5

everyone wants it. too bad, it's considered to be a fucking canon - no one will rewrite it, see reddit ama with NIS president.
But at least main writers of main series weren't involved in it, so hopefully it stays as unwanted by many child and will be forgotten. And those new writers will never touch anything of importance again.

No, no.
Disgaea 1
Disgaea 2
Disgaea 3
Disgaea 4
Disgaea 5
learn to count
also Disgaea 3 is miles better than 2 and 5

I genuinely don't understand why people disliked DD2.

I thought it was probably the best game in the series outside of the original Disgaea.

I pretty much hated the grind in every game D3 and later.

Cause writing is complete utter shit
No one likes it when their characters get fanfiction tier of development as official sequel

It certainly didn't do itself any favors by melting PS3s.

But the D1 cast has been flanderized to hell and back since the very second game.

Not to this degree.
Laharl becomes doting older brother? Of an suddenly unborn sister?
Etna becomes tsundere little sister? Of a suddenly overly protective brother?
Really now? It's complete and utter blasphemy.
Only decent thing is Laharl gender bender chapter. And it was ONLY thing forced by original writer.

Does anyone really care about the juvenile stories in these games? Like, really?

Almost every Disgaea game, save for the first one, had such throw-away characters that I can barely remember them. And if Disgaea came out today, everyone would be calling it "Le randumb rebbit-tier meme humor"

The only reason anyone even remembers the Disgaea series is the fucking off the rails stats and bosses you can fight. D1 had a solid cast, and was the best of the Disgaea games, sure, but the DD2 was a far more fun game to play than just about any other Disgaea game after the first one.

On top of that, I found Phantom Brave, Makai Kingdom, and Soul Nomad to be way more fun and way more memorable characters than any Disgaea after the first one.

>Does anyone really care about the juvenile stories in these games? Like, really?
Yes, really.
>Almost every Disgaea game, save for the first one, had such throw-away characters that I can barely remember them. And if Disgaea came out today, everyone would be calling it "Le randumb rebbit-tier meme humor"
well, your loss. Why you come into thread started with character then? Sure, not all of them great, but not all of them bad either. There are hit and misses, and that heavily depends on personal tastes.
>The only reason anyone even remembers the Disgaea series is the fucking off the rails stats and bosses you can fight. D1 had a solid cast, and was the best of the Disgaea games, sure, but the DD2 was a far more fun game to play than just about any other Disgaea game after the first one.
Don't talk for everyone. Disgaea characters rememberable and loved. Sure, not by anyone. Most D2 cast is forgettable for me, still every game has at least few characters which stick with people.
No one argues that mechanics in DD2 were solid. But writing and bugs really turned people off from it as a plague.
>On top of that, I found Phantom Brave, Makai Kingdom, and Soul Nomad to be way more fun and way more memorable characters than any Disgaea after the first one.
that's your personal taste, it's okay to have one, don't expect eveyone to share it.

It had a really shit story.Mechanics were nice sans the lack of magichange.

>But writing and bugs really turned people off from it as a plague.

What bugs? I don't really remember any...Then again, I only played the Japanese version of most NIS games, and I know NISA fucked over a lot of the localizations, and created bugs where non ever existed to begin with.

And I'm probably one of the most Gung-Ho Disgaea fans you'll ever meet for the first two games (and even quite a bit of 4). And DD2 felt great as it stepped back to what D1 and D2 were doing. I pretty much hated the mechanics of D3 and on. Didn't care for any of the characters or stories, either.

D1 had unironically a great story, even if parts of it ended being mostly silly
youtube.com/watch?v=UWR94AIepeQ

>What bugs? I don't really remember any...Then again, I only played the Japanese version of most NIS games, and I know NISA fucked over a lot of the localizations, and created bugs where non ever existed to begin with.
Then you never had an issue, those bugs were exclusive to western NISA version only. Sadly not everyone knows japanese yet. No one expected this low blow tho for that.
>Didn't care for any of the characters or stories, either.
Well again, to each their own. Everyone agrees that D1 was the best, rest is really just a taste thing, again repeating myself.
If you didn't care about story, I can see how DD2 was pretty alright in your book. It wasn't a bad game, it just writing which infuriates most people.
Mechanics wise - recently got back to D1, it's kinda refreshing to have less options honestly. D2 certanly was great improvement. D3 felt bit weird, but I'm not that good at game to judge.

>TFW never played DD2 specifically because the Defenders and Kurtis weren't in it

Trying to finish up 3 but the story is so shit I can't even force myself anymore. Who approved this crap? I'm at chapter 6 and I want to kill myself.

>hating on D3
What, can't handle all this badassery going on?
also best hub theme youtube.com/watch?v=w9ZpK8KPi6E

I finally started playing those games when D1 came out for PC.
Still need to finish D1 though, last thing i did was kill baal and need to grind a little more for the item gods.

No, I can't handle the shit writing. I never in my life felt so little care put into a work by the writers.

This brat is one of the strongest vidya characters who ever existed. Say something nice about him

they totally were too lazy to get them new sprites
Nah, it was okay, you just over react because it's school theme I like 3 better than 2 and 5
You wanna see real bad writing? wait till DD2.
Also as far I know people who hated D3 loved D4, so here is that

How is the switch version of Disgaea 5?
I've never played a Disgaea game before

>tfw Asagi never got her own game

So, Are those 2 a couple?

Nis hasn't announced anything in a while. Are they dying?

I'm fine with the school theme. What I'm not fine with is the focus on the most 1 dimensional main character in existence, and terrible humor that just falls flat every time. Real shame after Disgaea 1.

Solid port, as far I know really no issues with it. Has all DLC included. Not related to other games at all so you can start with it. Just don't use DLC characters for first story run

It's true. If I could be any video game character, I would choose to be Laharl.

>Get to live for thousands of years in youth
>Strong enough that I could effortlessly conquer Earth
>Having my own loli vassels

There's no better basis for a life.

It's the same as the PS4 version but all the DLC included. It's a good one. There is a demo, try it. But be aware, you can't transfer your saves if you decide to get the full version.

Of course they are.

I guess it worked with my humor taste, what can I say
most people agree with you, judging by my experience with threads. So I doubt your experience with it will improve
I got to 3 after playing 2, and was bored to hell with 2, so 3 was nice change of pace for me.

start with the first game

either buy it on steam or emulate the PS2 version
while the PSP version may seem like an upgrade over the PS2 version, it has bugs that make it the easiest version to play and 100%

will you play her game?

I played the PSP version and I have never heard of this. It's perfectly fine.

>skipping etna mode
>PS2 version has bugged dual audio
No. PS2 version is obsolete. Don't do that.
PSP doesn't have any issues.