Nintendo fucked metroid without my help
Marry pauline

Mario games don't do much for me these days
fuck zero suit samus
marry botw princess zelda

Kill Super Mario Odyssey because hakoniwa is inferior
Fuck Metroid Prime 4 if it's developed by nobodies
Marry BotW sequel if it has four Hyrule Castle style dungeons

oh boy it could have FOUR dungeons with no puzzles, no unique items, no unique monsters or minibosses, where 90% of the level can be completely skipped without even trying to skip it

>he wants shitty puzzles to keep ruining Zelda

I'm glad BotW pisses you off. Go play Triforce Heroes.

>hating on Hyrule Castle

kek at you using hakoniwa

thought i was the only autist who remembered that term

having said that kill metroid, fuck zelda, marry mario

'member how water temple had you changing water levels, navigate mazes, jump across waterfalls, hookshot through a river, fight a unique miniboss, pass through timed switch puzzles, push blocks, swim in a vortex, etc? with shell blades, spikes and stingers as 3 unique monsters?

meanwhile hyrule castle consists of
>climb a wall
>climb another wall
>walk around the gooey parts and climb another wall
>climb a 4th wall
>(you're now at final boss, no key required)

That you only mention fighting once shows how bad the dungeons were in past 3D games. The block pushing is only fun to people who should just be playing Sokoban instead.

twilight princess had dungeons loaded with monsters

Not him but BotW's divine beasts are incredibly barren when it comes to enemies. Just the same eyeballs spawning one-hit ghosts, and incredibly weak robots. Hyrule Castle has enemies but they're all things you've seen before, the same old shit you've already fought dozens or hundreds of times. No Iron Knuckles, Darknuts, etc. There's nothing interesting about the combat encounters. Oh I guess there's the guardians zapping you but you have so many tools to deal with them it's laughable. Unless you're doing a Ganon rush/speedrun in which case they're just annoying.

Also the 2D Zelda games are full of puzzles and various tricks. Even the original LoZ has a few moments where you have to use X item in X spot or on X enemy, or push a block. Shitting on puzzles in Zelda games just says that you're not a fan of the series and should just go play more conventional action games.

Pushing a block in the original game isn't a puzzle.

Kill Nintendo
Liquidate IPs
Reboot Golden Sun

>No Iron Knuckles, Darknuts
dumb people keep focusing on these two nostalgia goggle monsters in their criticisms
botw already HAS plenty of humanoid sword & board enemies for you to fight, more than any of the other 3d zeldas. It already has giant heavy bruiser enemies for you to melee on

what botw lacked was the huge laundry list of small environmental hazard enemies that existed in the other games
>skulltula
>deku baba
>leevers
>tektites
>poe
etc

If they wanted to add 1 or 2 extra super enemies for the final castle just to distinguish it, they should have gone with something like Patra or Ball & Chain trooper that doesn't fit the same niche as your moblin, lizalfos, bokoblins

We don't even know what two of those fucking games will be like, you fucking autist.

Honestly, all the complaints I see about BotW boil down to nostalgia goggles and "it's not like the games I played when I was 8!"

Just imagine every "BotW is NOT a Zelda game" post but with Mario 64 instead. It's hilarious.

enemy variety is not a nostalgia complaint
that game legitimately had awful enemy variety

identical bokoblins / lizalfos / moblins in every corner of hyrule. Even their variants are almost all just palette swaps, the only even slightly tweaked ones just have fire/ice breath attacks as their only mechanical difference

It is when an old man tells you there's a secret at the tip of the nose.

And block pushing isn't even the only puzzle, there's bosses that require certain items to defeat, there's items you have to use to progress, there's certain places you have to bomb or burn, there's advice you have to follow, etc. Trying to paint LoZ as pure combat is disingenuous. There have always been puzzles. If anything the relatively crude nature of LoZ's puzzles is because of system limitations. LttP is the game Nintendo made when those limitations were removed. Again, there's plenty of games or franchises that are pure action, go play those, stop trying to redefine the identity of one game out of a misguided attempt at contrarianism.

Mario 64 had more variety (in general) than BotW did though.

Block pushing isn't a puzzle. It's exploration. Bombing walls and burning bushes isn't puzzles. It's exploration. They were never puzzles.

huh mario 64 actually had three times the enemy variety of botw
go figure

Yeah, but you didn't grab flag poles at the end of a linear stage. And iconic items like the Fire Flower and Super Mushroom weren't even in the game. Not a real Mario game.

I don't disagree that BotW was seriously lacking on environmental hazards but it should have had both. The first few times you fight lynels are fun and showed the potential of the combat system, but they lose their novelty after fighting them for dozens and dozens of hours. If the ultimate "dungeon" of the game is still throwing the same enemies you fought at the start of the game, there's a problem. And yes I know lynels have different weapon types but that leads to a couple of extra moves at best, the strategy is still almost identical.

>no unique items
"items aren't items unless they are fluffed as items" -dumbass zelda fanboy, 2017

Now you're just playing a semantics game. If it was literally any other game you would call them puzzles. Use a fucking dictionary for once.

Yeah it's a 3D Mario. If you're only comparing it to its direct predecessors then it's very clearly a black sheep. It's pretty much a different genre. 3D and 2D Mario turned into their own separate franchises for a reason.

No, I wouldn't. Because when you're pushing a block in Zelda, it's because you're trying to advance further into the labyrinth. You come into a room, and there's no visible exit. You don't have the map yet. There's some enemies, and four blocks.

Is there a wall you have to bomb to get to the next room?
Or perhaps one of the blocks is a secret switch to reveal a passage?
Or maybe you have to walk through the seemingly solid wall?
Or is it a dead end just to waste your resources?

The block pushing isn't a puzzle. It's a PART of the overall EXPLORATION experience.

its easy to tell exactly why they don't exist too:

>IQ 100 Dev: Hey our game needs all those environment enemies
>IQ 70 Dev: Yeah but durability system means players would never want to fight them!!! they don't drop weapons!!
>IQ 100 Dev: Gee if only if we were smart enough to come up with some mechanic to solve this issue instead of resigning ourselves to it and sabotaging the game. I'm sure smart enough to recognize the problem without recognizing a solution
>IQ 150 Dev: {not present that day in the meeting}
>IQ 70 Dev: Hueheuehe

You're using a hypothetical situation instead of actual concrete examples. There are literally riddles in the game that give you hints that you should use X item in X place. That is a puzzle.

>Show this to the old woman
>Dodongo dislikes smoke
>Digdogger hates certain types of sound
>aim at the eyes of Gohma

etc. And if you say none of those are puzzles then you're just lying. Those aren't simply things you will stumble across when you're "exploring", those are specific moments where you have to apply your knowledge in order to fulfill a specific set of requirements.

>Show this to the old woman

That's not a puzzle, that's a task.

I'm done with you. I tried, but you're just set in your ways, and I'll just have to accept that.

he doesn't tell you where the old woman is

Good thing you can explore until you find her.

at which point you're applying your knowledge in order to fulfill a specific set of requirements

At that point, you might as well call stabbing an octorok with a sword a puzzle. You had to figure out the sword was a weapon and that the sharp part would inflict damage, after all.