ITT: words people use for describing video games when they have absolutely no idea what they're talking about

ITT: words people use for describing video games when they have absolutely no idea what they're talking about

>solid

I don't get what's wrong with metal gear solid

>comfy

>rushed
>forced
>soulless

>comfy

>GOTY

>pretentious

There is nothing wrong with comfy

>Fun

GOAT

It is a brainlet adjective for retards who don't know how to describe why they like their game.

I'm comfy in my bed and i ain't playing nothing.

>emergent
>atmospheric

>IMMERSIVE

>t.fun is just a buzzword
>meme
>GOAT

"Floaty."
I think I'm the only person that can describe this word and how it translates to gameplay and the traits that cause it, but I've seen it thrown around carelessly.

good

fun

What's wrong with solid. Some things are just solid. Not polished to perfection or original and groundbreaking but solid.

>janky

"fun"

>clunky

the fact that people use this word when they have no other word to fall back on to describe a game that is likely less than "solid"

>visceral

weeb

>creative

Sand

>linear

>atmosphe

>fun
>kino

>webshit

>Mediocre

>being retarded enough to actually visit Sup Forums

Nigger, there's people constantly using kino on Sup Forums.

>Mediocre
>Pretentious
>Overrated
>Meme
These are BY FAR the biggest offenders, and by far the most commonly utterly misused terms relied upon by people who do not have a solid arguments or means to express what they dislike.

These, on the other hand:
Have a very specific meaning and are generally used as such. It's just that assholes who don't understand them are getting triggered because they fucking hate to be reminded of the existence of specific qualities or impressions they themselves are unable to experience, or just plain don't know the meaning off.

>comfy

>Immersive
I could immerse myself in a vat of acid, that doesn't automatically make it a pleasant experience.

Comfy can be used by anyone but the 'actual' meaning of comfy is used for relaxed environments, generally including fireplaces and rain and snow. It's a feeling of warmth you get from seeing something that reminds you of that experience. The Long Dark is a very comfy game. Crusader Kings II is not. They're both good games, but only one falls under the loose definition of "comfy".

Is that game actually comfy? A lot of people say that, but I am not sure since you have to survive in the first place

It's intermittently comfy. Some of your time will be spent trudging through the snow which is boring as fuck, some will be spent dodging wolves which is cool and then later tedious, and the rest is exploring cool ass interiors and locations and sitting around comfy fires cooking beans and reading.

apples and oranges dumb bass

>ITT: words people use for describing video games when they have absolutely no idea what they're talking about

"postmodern"

Is she alright?

It's hilarious how much this guy hates eva because he's too much of a brainlet to comprehend any of it

>two and a half hours in and he's at the end
>there would be six more hours of just trying to explain the ending itself

>Ludonarrative dissonance

>objectively
I subjectively find that most people's subjective understanding of the objective definition of objectivity to be objectively incorrect.

I subjectively think that objectively you're a dumb asshole

Comfy.

It's a moronic term and people use it about absolutely everything.

>TLD is a very comfy game
I don't know how much it changed since I last played but it was never comfy for me, even inside a house it was cold and dark and the tiny fire would only last a few hours tops.

This could also be applied to negatives.

I keep seeing people on Sup Forums who think that "X is bad, Y is shit" somehow constitute meaningful arguments.

I always translate "comfy" to "calm and relaxing".

He clearly does not hate it. He makes fun of it, but here he also uses it as an illustration of something being actually deep and meaningful.

You do realize that people can poke holes and make fun of things they still do enjoy, right? You have been to other places in your life than your room and Sup Forums, right?

>You have been to other places in your life than your room and Sup Forums, right?

>Calling a game shit

This. When I think of a Comfy game, it's always something like Rune Factory or a Mystery Dungeon game.

There's nothing wrong with comfy. It's just a word people use when the game is actually boring as shit and makes you fall asleep to it, but without the negative connotation of it all.

The problem goes deeper.
The whole subject-object binarity ITSELF is wrong. I don't think there is a more profoundly wrong, and weirdly wide-spread misconception than thinking around the "objective/subjective" poles or scale. It's just FLAT OUT WRONG to assume that everything falls into either of these two categories.

I'm really trying to figure out where did this misconception come from, and why are people so obsessively believing it.

>eerie

>bad
>shit
>blunder
>trash
>literally any adjective that isn't backed up with an argument.

I agree with this but it comes off as butthurt. Why not just say "have an argument for your opinions"