Supporting 60fps will be possible, but considering the spec you’d need to get that level—with native 4K, HDR...

>Supporting 60fps will be possible, but considering the spec you’d need to get that level—with native 4K, HDR, and a good 60fps—the machine we’ve got here couldn’t do that at the moment. That’s a GTX 1080 Ti, and even with that 60 frames is not possible.

>So, multiple cards, there’s the loading of the previous frame and you have that little bit of delay. It doesn’t allow for that proper 60 frames. In order to get that really smooth 60 frames, you need a higher capacity base in order to do that. All the physics simulations as well need to be refreshed in every frame—if you have two cards running in tandem there’s that little bit of delay between the sending of data between the two cards and that’s what makes it impossible.

So this is the power of the pc........woaaah

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=MfCbomJW4Eg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Translation: We're too lazy to optimize our game so just buy better hardware.

It's the power of a shitty game.

Developers haven't properly optimised their games in years, console-to-PC ports are a thousand times worse for it and always have been.

What's the news? Everybody knows that 1080ti is only viable for 4k at 30fps or for 1440p at 60

square usually does though

now....
call me a fucking poor faggot but maybe don't run it at 4k 60...?
idk, i know you pay TOP shekel for your graphics card but 4k 60 didn't become possible with many games until a year ago.

>it's possible, but hard and expensive

>consoles: no, 1080p 30fps locked fuck you

normalfag consolefags who have never known anything about performance will shitpost because they think every high end PC must be trying to play everything at 4K 60

Xbox wins again

Btw it's fucking 4k.

For every consolefag it's 4x HD+. Of course it takes a fucking lot, also 60fps and advanced nvidia physics.

Consoles couldn't even reach 3 fps with all this shit activated. Now fuck off, you idiots.

Depends on the game. I've got a 1070, and there's some games I can run 4K/60.

>4K meme
I'm happy with my 1080@60 tbqh.

980ti owner here, I'm still happy with my card, probably won't upgrade until at least 1180ti

>PC
>4k

For what purpose?

its because the ultra HD technology is being developed for augmented reality so they can fake space and shit not to make you video games you little cuckling

>b-b-but the consoles!

Because they had to learn. Remember FF13 at launch?

If I was going to spend that much money just to get 4K in a single game I'd also expect the game to give me a blowjob to make up for the trouble

>this somehow makes the post irrelevant

Just turn off meme settings and it should be fine.

>HA-HA! FIRRTHY WESTERN DOGS WIF YUOR PEE-SHEES AND NOT BUY PRAYSTATSION! WE SHOW YUO JUST HOW SURPERIORR PRAYSTATSION IS. NOT EVEN GTX 1080 TEE AI CAHN RAHN DIS GAME. IS NOT BECAUSE WE INCOMPETENT DEVEROPERS WHO NOT KNOW HOWR TO OPTRIMISE, IS VECAUSE MOAR PORYGONS AN MOAR PIXERLS IN TEXCHERS BETTER TAN CHARRENGING GAMEPLAY OR COHERENT STRORYRINE. THRIS IS DE POWER OF SUPERIROR NIPPON TECHNOROGY AND GAME DESHINE

What boggles my mind is why they're using 4k as some kind of default and scaring people with recommended specs when majority are not going to be using it. When you hear "it runs badly on 1080" it really makes you think how inept the devs are.

580 here, same story (But fewer games than yours of course). Mostly just do 60/1440p because the jump to 4k isn't THAT good. Wish I'd gone for 144fps instead, but here we are.

For ff15 I'll just turn off the Nvidia gimpware, maybe scale down the resolution, and see where I'm at. Not upgrading because some nips can't into optimisation

Meanwhile the PS4 pro runs like complete garbage and can't even hit 50FPS at 1080p

youtube.com/watch?v=MfCbomJW4Eg

So this is the power of an engine which struggled to run at the game at native 900p 30 fps on a ps4

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

WHOA CLICKBAIT
what a surprise

>it took TWO years for the master race to get FFXV
>and it's still incredibly unoptimized

You know how various Japanese console ports are almost exclusively delayed by a few years? I always imagined it was just a cheap way of "optimizing" the ports, since hardware available at the time would be incapable of playing those games even at console spec. I've tested a few old ports on a "last gen" PC with a core 2 duo, 4gb of system memory, and a gtx 260. Bayonetta ran worse than it did on PS3 even with all the settings turned down to the minimum. By comparison, Crysis was easily playable at 30FPS medium high settings at 1080p, and Cryostasis, an infamously unoptimized nvidia showcase title, could run at around 20fps with everything on Max.

The Japs don't care for PC at all. That's why the platform is dead on their irradiated rock.

This I'm still running 1080p on my 1070 it runs better than anything on console.

>triggered so much

the absolute state of pc cucks

>u mad? XD

Trolling used to mean something

Yea a lot of people just over read the fact that they are talking about 4k.

because they want to apply the same 4k hype bullshit on pc thinking it'll sell shit like it does on consoles

who gives a fuck about 4k that shit is just for companies to push tvs and bullshit that costs 3 times more then it should for shit you will use 4 times max, and forget about the next stupid shit comes out.

>PC version absolutely BTFO's console versions which runs horribly on its main platform (PS4)
>Is very demanding with all the new features in the PC version at resolutions consoles can't even touch
>P-PC M-MASTER RACE BTFO
You consolefags are just pathetic at this point.

>console running a graphically intensive game above 30fps
That's actually impressive as fuck.

Is 4k a standard now?
Still running 1080p and I don't really have any plans on upgrading soon

No because 4k TVs are not standard.

The important question is, is FFXV a good game now that it's on PC? Or is it still the same shitty non game it was on consoles? Why even buy this game on "the best platform" if it's still shit? It's very telling when the PS4 has dozens of masterpieces like Yakuza and Nioh, despite how flawed consoles are.

No consoles are trying to push it but almost nothing runs in native 4K with upscaled checkerboard meme shit.

the jump to 2k and 4k isn't worth the money yet, I'd rather get a 1080p 120hz monitor with a high end GPU.

>It would work on Switch
Waaait isn't switch getting a port

nope didn't play it but Tomb Raider and Hitman run absolutely fine

Not to mention the high end nvidia meme tech that runs like shit but looks more impressive than an increase in resolution.

Not even close. Graphics cards are barely ready for 4k60fps, let alone at a majority of consumers level. Monitors are also not a 4K standard yet either. 4K being readily accessible is like 2 years off, 4K being standard is 4-5 years off.

We're a few years off it being a standard. 1440 might be a realistic standard soon.

4k downsampled to 1080p at 144hz will be the best experience for quite a few more years

ok, faggot
the fact that they cant program a proper sli (especially with HB bridge) or crossfire profile means they're incompetent, plus the leaked settings menu was really barebone, showing poor scalability and a focus on goyworks taking half of the settings

>huge disposable income
>upgrade monitor recently
>decide to go for 1080p instead of an xbox huge one
Though part of it is to do with my limited desk space. 1080 just looks right though.

Thats just being lazy, look at MGSV, that thing runs like a dream on most toasters. FFXV is just a disaster on many levels, Luminous being one of them.

>goyworks

Is this the game where you have to beat the worm for 72 hours?

Do you niggers feel the TRUE POWER?
Xbone X bois.

>Is 4k a standard now?
Sure, for idiots. If people strap on current VR googles at that viewing distance and only some of them whine about the screen door effect, 1080p is fine all the way up to 32" on your desk.

Yes, the time is more less than 72 but still takes a while.

It's not being lazy, it's shoveling all the absolute best in the game just because they can. It's more showoff-y than lazy. Nothing will ACTUALLY be running it at these settings, it'll likely be decently optimized at real people settings.

>170 gbs of uncompressed video and audio
>Trust us goy. We TOTALLY worked on optimizing this piece of turd!

Its sad really. At this rate persona 5 will fucking obliterate a final fantasy game in terms of sales.

They undoubtedly turned on all the hairworks, AA on max then cried when at meme res it was dropping below 60.
No fucking shit.

>Ark all over again

You can't even run Ark max settings with 2 1080tis.

Hahaha!

I bet Xbox One X could do it at 4K 60 ultra!

Time to Jump Ahead, bros!

>shitty Square Luminous engine

Japs suck at optimization. FFXV ran lik shit on PS4.

Those weren't developed by Square.

>Game can't handle crossfire/SLI configuration in orders to do 4k at a decent framerate
>Somehow expects people to run this shit at 8k
>Almost 200gigs will be taken up by this shit when MMOs don't demand that much space
Tabata was a mistake.

Exactly. I mean who cares about 4k. Most people don't even have 1440p monitors yet. Going from 1080p straight to 4k is retarded.

You can't run the witcher 3 at 4k with a single 1080ti@60fps.

i'll be pirating it and playing it at 1080p 60fps maxed out in a few years just to see if the complete version of the game is any better than the shitshow it is now

published by Square then, but the other devs should be able to help with porting the game

So xbone x won?, guess Phil wasn't lying when he said it was the most powerful console, well victory for xbox then.

>native 4K, HDR
why would I want this?

No. Game wise not even close when their main focus is running their shit well on 60fps@1080p on consoles or previous set of hardware, usually. Literally x3 more pixels to calculate. "muh optimization" doesn't make sense since nobody is even targeting 4k.

TVs though, somehow yes? Buzzwords sell. Meanwhile movies, not really? It doesn't make much sense. Cable won't bother with it and streaming requires a lot of data which ISPs, at least for America, are starting to impose data caps which would mean 1 movie is a big chunk of your quota.

We're looking at years from it being standard and even then for games, I don't expect it to happen at all in 5 years.

>but the other devs should be able to help with porting the game

No they shouldn't when they're working on their own IPs and the Hitman devs were canned. SE is just a publisher for most of the devs, nothing more and nothing less.

japanese can't code for shit

>4K this, 4K that
Fuck this obsession with 4K. 1080p, or even 1440p, at 60FPS is more than sufficient and that's the more important question. Also

Isn't that only because of the shitty Nvidia shit? I know the RX 470 can get close to 4k@30fps for Witcher 3, so I don't see why a 1080ti can't 4k@60fps it.

You mean hairworks? Oh yea costing 30fps with the same result of tressfx is sure impressive!
Reminds me of how AMAZING tw3 was thanks to gameworks. Didn't see the downgrade.

>when MMOs don't demand that much space
WoW hasn't even broken 50 yet.

Of course it's not. It's fucking 4k. Do people not understand how much processing power is needed for that? The next step up from 1080p is supposed to be 1440p, not 4k.

Pc fags talkin shit at the devs for asking a very high end pc to run the game at the higher quality,
What happened with the PC MASTER RACE bullshit niggers?

these are the same people that believed their console has native 4k

The engine FFXV is running on is pretty shit as well.

The game fucking crawls on PS4 and it's definitely not running at 1080p

>Make game
>target a certain set of hardware
>does not include 4k at the high end
>surprised that it doesn't perform well
It's not 'poor optimization'.

but I thought the ps4 pro allowed the game to play at native 4k Ultra with 144 fps...

Yes, much like how all of the Nvidia effects in this is why they can't get 4K@60fps. Turn off all the Nvidia effects and I guarantee you 4k/60fps is doable.

Is 4k the next big meme after VR?

>next
it's the current big meme, in fact, it's getting kind of old

First I'd like to stress my doubt in the basic hardware knowledge 99.999% of Sup Forums has. Looking at the feature set for this game such as 4k textures, HDR(0.0000000001% of monitor owners have this but its still a feature and highlighted in the OP), open world, and all the gameworks settings I doubt a pascal titan could run the game at 30 fps at max settings.

Most idiots don't understand settings so you jump to retarded conclusions based on a minuscule amount of data like you 3. Remember when the witcher 2 came out and niggers were bitching their top of the line gpu couldn't run the game at 30 fps 1080p because they literally maxed all the settings. Oh no you don't because if you knew jackshit about PC gaming you wouldn't be making these comments.

Until we can take a look at the game in different systems with different settings concluding anything is retarded.

That and Square has a decent record with optimization and this is their flagship embracing everything PC gaming is about including mods and potentially in the future a level editor if they are spending so much time on non trivial shit like that what makes you think they'll ignore the basics.

VR isn't a meme. It will replace all other forms of displays. Trying to render 4k right now is a meme.

>That and Square has a decent record with optimization

It's more of a problem that seem to think "optimization" means magic that will let their toasters run anything. I think Witcher 2 was one of the more notable examples of this because it was actually built for then-modern PCs in mind and everyone complained their ten years old PCs built to play WoW in 56k era couldn't max it out.

Who says that those effects were on?
Thats the problem with these bait click article : We don't even know which graph settings were enable.

No, it's easier to complain about performance with bitching about optimization rather than understanding why drawing more pixels is very impacting on performance. Throw in buzzwords left and right then people are under some impression that 4k is the new standard and every developer is aiming for that.

Complaining that a game won't run at 4k on your GTX 770 is the new jam, homie.

Seriously though, I'm not surprised at all this game requires ultra end hardware to run at 4k60fps, It has the potential to be a very graphically impressive video game

Witcher 2 ran on my IntelHD laptop.
Its not my problem that you people cant open a text file and change rendering settings.

4K is a fucking meme anyway

I still remember setting Ubersampling on, but again it's a retarded option meant to be used by hardware of future

Why is it so hard to get to 60Hz?

$

but the techniques should be readily available to be handed over yes?

Good thing I don't give a rat's ass about 4k and am perfectly fine with 1080p. Not like I'll be buying this game at launch anyways. Maybe on sale.

>My 1.8Ghz pentium 3 couldn't run FF13 at launch
>SHIT UPTIMASATIUN

My moms integrated graphics laptop could run that game well at launch, I know cause I played it from there.