What are some other games that mainstream media blatantly rips-off?

What are some other games that mainstream media blatantly rips-off?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4n6WP9qHyRM
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>the night king didn't exist before the lich king
>world of warcraft doesnt have a plethora of quests, abilities, etc ripped from game of thrones
>DK's must invented white walker, winter is coming, etc

>the night king didn't exist before the lich king
he really didnt

>what is a book duuurrr im retarted

thats you, thats what you sound like.

except by the time of war3 and wotlk the night king was barely in the books, you dumb fuck

and most definitely wasnt as fleshed out as that carbon copy of Arthas in the last season of the show

Warhammer you disgusting faggot.

who cares about your shit game lmao nerd

Thr Night King doesn't even exist in the books. There is some guy called the Night's King who was a Commander of the Nightswatch who went crazy and declared himself King. It's also implyed that he banged a female white walker.

>x ripped off warcraft
>warcraft ripped off warhammer and/or y
>well warhammer and/or y ripped off tolkien
>well tolkien ripped off history

EVERY
SINGLE
THREAD

were there a lot of elves, orcs, dragons, walking trees in history?

it was me :P

Real-world mythology would be more like it. Tolkien Elves are demigods from Irish mythology (Tuatha De Danann), story of Túrin is the story of Kullervo from Finnish national epic Kalevala (Tolkien's first literary work actually was a prose version of Kullervo) etc.

really makes you think, huh

>tfw you disobey a direct order not to go north to fight the undead

GLAD YOU COULD BAKE IT, JAMIE

>literally identical shots, down to the camera angles

what did dabid mean by this?

where did GRRM draw a picture that looks exactly like the LK cinematic? cause it fucking looks like hack dabid literally stole the shot

Maybe he's a warcraft fan?

Better question Why is the magical spiky metal guy who hangs out in the frozen wastes always such a cool character.
Arthas, Witch King, Malekith, Night King

>Kullervo
Kullervo is an ill-fated character in the Kalevala, the Finnish national epic. Kullervo, son of Kalervo, is the only tragic character in Finnish mythology.[citation needed] Growing up in the aftermath of his entire tribe having been massacred, he comes to realise the same people who'd brought him up (the tribe of Untamo) were also the ones who'd butchered his family. As a child, he is sold into slavery and mocked and tormented further. When he finally runs away from his masters, he discovers surviving members of his family only to lose them again. He seduces a girl who turns out to be his own sister, having thought his sister dead. When she finds out it was her own brother who seduced her, she commits suicide. Kullervo becomes mad with rage, returns to Untamo and his tribe, destroys them using his magical powers, and commits suicide.

Wow, that's some sad sonofabitch.

>Arthas is a cliche of various tropes taken by other books, included got, elric of m. etc..
>WW were in the first book (1993) wc3 is 2002 so your point is completely wrong

Please stop posting.

They just dont give a fuck. They sit on their frozen asses and do nothing wrong until some fuck face decides its time for them to die.

>unironically liking game of memes
You sir a swine.

None of the Night King shit in the show is from the books, it's entirely ""original"" to the TV series.

>BUT BUT STARCRAFT AND WARCRAFT RIPPED OFF WARHAMMER!!!!
warhammer fantasy and 40k have barely ANY mainstream recognition today, let alone in the 90s when WC and SC were being developed. gamesworkshop fags are the worst. if anything, they should be happy that blizzard brought their fandom into the light somewhat by doing the material 1000x better than the shitty GWS writers

It's the absolute best airing tv show

>WoW isn't a total ripoff itself

youtube.com/watch?v=4n6WP9qHyRM

MFW Dickon Tarly becomes the new Lich King

It went to shit when they stopped following Martin's writing.

>Malekith first mention in 1992
>First GoT Book 1993
>GRRM confirmed to be a idea stealing hack
This is you

>Sup Forums now like GoT, like degenerate Sup Forums does
Neck yourselves, abominations.

The Night King isn't in the books.

Malekith kek, i cant even find one single reference to malekith in got except braindead fanfic created by ignorant people like you

>Sup Forums
>likes GoT

Imagine being this autistic.

Go there and look.
There is like 5 threads per day about it.

Go check how many threads they have about ir right now.

It went to shit the 2nd season, and the 1st was already kind of shit

>and the 1st was already kind of shit

This is true but it's because the books are pretty shit. It got infinitely worse after they stopped following them.

And 90% of the responses are people shitting on it

because there are never any threads about something shitty on Sup Forums

That story of "Arthas" was ripped off from Dragonlance.

>There are like a billion GoT spin-offs planned
Just kill it already please.

About the same topic? Not really.

S T O P

i wouldn't mind if people cared about the books (they were okay at best), but of course they only care once it's le meme big budget tv show

if you have ever been around normies, GoT is ALL they fucking talk about, especially if they're from 20-30. it's like the perfect "grown up" legend of zelda and lord of the rings for them.. they eat that """court intrigue"""" up. the writers are very aware of what they're writing

>what is e3 this year with all the blacks

LOTR

Sauron > Arthas > Night King

But trashtalking blacks has been a tradition here since 2004

Trashtalking blacks has been a tradition here since 2003

Did you even look at it?
Go and look.

This season of game of thrones is literally a copy of warcraft wrath of the lich king

reminder that there is a ship named Belmont in game of thrones and no one gives a shit

reminder that pic related

now fuck off

Where does Lord Soth fit in?

is the whitch king supposed to chill(heh)in the north too?never read tolkien, only watched the movies

Except it's worse

Below Arthas, because technically he is the master of all Undead which would include Soth and the NK

>sauron
Sauron couldn't even stop two hobbits from throwing the ring in mount doom. Now Melkor was an evil overlord that got shit done

are you fucking daft ot you havent actually read the books?

But the truest victory, my son, is stirring the hearts of your people...

>Sauron couldn't even stop two hobbits
That's some bullshit that will never stop to make me pissed.

Powerlevels go on forever, but yeah he's better than the twink

what would be great would be a film trilogy based on wotlk

there's so much potential , they could go film in the Amazon for sholazar and siberia or Tibet for frozen peaks and icc. they would also jump on the Got bandwagon and remember wotlk is still inspiring stuff to these days ( GoT and also the spirit skins in league )

that would be the new lotr. I don't know about you but I'd like to see humans setting on a glorious crusade on a frozen continent more dangerous than Mordor

how come an undead dragon breathes ice breath to knock down an ice wall?

also how come he's breathing ice breath in the first place and not poison breath?

>giving a fuck about your beta warhammer games

Fuck that they should just adapt the Farseer trilogies already.

Normies would call ripoff and it would probably tank.

it's a frostwyrm, created with ice magic.. it's not an undead dragon, it's a reanimated dragon via ice magic..

>film trilogy based on wotlk
And probabilly LK would be a black transgender woman.

>AAAHHH BALROG ARMY, HELP ME

Glad you could make it, cersei.

the new season isn't based on a book?

Memeing aside they would probably do some shitty race change. Like making Jaina or Bolvar black.

We need to stop T H E M

The show and the books are entirely different. Dragonbitch is the bad guy in the books and the White Walkers are barely even a thing.

I'm out of the loop, whats going on here?

the showrunners butchering the source material to rip off World of Warcraft.

>No Locke Lamora tv show
>No Mistborne game

I'd say Mistborne TV show, but I don't want some ugly cunt playing Vin and some nigger cast as what's his face.

Proof?

Mistborn doesn't need a TV show since it's already anime.

literally google

jesus

well sure it couldn't be 100% white cast because I think wow has black and women guards for example . also valkyrs

but just imagine zul'Drak, a dead empire where natives have sacrificed their gods to resist the scourge. flying necropolis all around, a giant flesh giant walking around destroying everything , and then that brave human crusaders stronghold

surely wotlk has much more fantasy potential than got