Preybe

/thread

/thread

The Prey form is dead, Insect

yes

Very.

Post (Yu)'s

/thread

It's great. Interconnecting sections of the station are awesome. It rewards exploration, which I like a lot in games.

No.
Even ex-Bethesda devs hate it.

I personally liked it. If you focus mainly on exploration and gameplay, trying out different pathways and ways to deal with the situations, then I think you're bound to have some fun.

The only two things which irked me were the abundance of smaller bugs (nothing truly game breaking, but they do show up constantly enough to ruin the enjoyment in some parts of the game. Like friendly characters becoming frightened of you and running away and not allowing you to complete a side mission or being tempted to use a multiplication bug which allows you to double your resources.

And the main plot itself isn't anything to write home about. It's not bad, but it definitely feels like lost potential.

Currently, I would recommend it only during a sale.

Don't worry, having a shit taste a a prerequisite for working at Bethesda to begin with

This Bethesda employee actually thinks it's a terrible idea to have statistics that determine outcomes of your action in an RPG game. So yeah, that tells you quite a lot about how Beth folk view RPG's.

It's good. Maybe not GOTY good, but good enough to where it won't feel like a waste of $40.

Since everyone is dicking around I'll give you my take. This is a steam sale game. It tries to revive some of that System Shock 2 feel with modern conveniences but doesn't quite pull it off nicely. Many parts of the game are lacking in variety including enemies and environments.
However there's a crafting dynamic to the game that starts to get real interesting because resources start to dry up really fast if you make a point of recycling everything, and they are never replaced. Ammo can get very scarce towards the end, which is neat.

There's a decent amount of ways to approach each area and task, but it's still pretty limited - think close to Deus Ex HR except with some more creative approaches still being viable such as simply goo-gunning yourself a path to areas you're not meant to reach. And like Deus Ex HR (and Syshock2 I guess) most of the approaches are locked behind skill point barriers.
Choices also don't matter a whole bunch and there are a very limited number of "take a third option" opportunities.

It is very much a modern take on a Deus Ex 1 or System Shock game, and it does it well enough for me but it's not so great that I'd shill it for free. The story is also pretty lackluster and doesn't feature anything near as good as Deus Ex or Syshock.

Yeah, no. Every fucking day someone asks this. NO its not good, or fun after 3 hours. its terrible. Youtube the endings and be happy you didnt waste your time.

Just finished it after 15 hours.
I thought it was alright. Got a bit annoying near the end with the military drones constantly on my ass.

Stacking items in front of the printers to stop them is fun in a way

I didn't know you could do that.

It's pretty hard to do since it'll be constantly farting out more drones and there might not be a suitably big object around to place in front of it. If you haven't covered the entrance enough one will spawn and just push your stack of items over.

How long does it take to finish to somebody who is playing video games on hard by default and loves exploration?

I'd say play on Nightmare, and anywhere between 18 to 35 hours depending on how much you want to indulge the game and it's backtracking, sidequests and optional content, as well as how much you want to mess around.
Most people seem to clock around average of 20-25 hours on a first playthrough. I did ten hours more than that, but I REALLY fucked around.

Also, here is an interesting suggestion (somebody else also mentioned this). If you want to maintain the difficulty curve towards the end, avoid taking recycler-yield and straight-up damage upgrade mods for as long as you can without making the game frustrating for yourself. This will result in resources being scarce in the late game, making it far more challenging.
The disadvantage of this is that you will end up floating neuromods for most of the game, making them unsatisfying as a exploration-reward.

howlongtobeat.com/

I think it took me about 18 hours first run through on Hard, but I didn't sperg out too much with the exploration especially on the outside of the station and missed a few quests even though I was trying to get as much done as possible.

If you made a point of doing literally everything including finding all the corpses and quest items you could probably stretch that to 25. Do note that resources become very stretched toward the end so it does get much harder in a way especially if you're dragging things out. Enemies do respawn at random like System Shock 2 and will eat up your resources every time.

>Fallout 4
It makes sense

It's outstanding.
It's a better spiritual successor to SS than Bioshock. How this game got made in 2017 still amazes me.

I thought it was pretty good
It's system shock

>denuvo
saging this shill thread

I think his problem was that the stat affected how accurate your shot was regardless of action.
In Deus Ex you could steady your gun and it would eventually give you a guaranteed decent first shot with every shot afterwards being progressively worse. This game you start off with a shitty shot regardless unless you upgrade and have no option through gameplay to get a better shot.

Thanks anons.

I was interested in Sup Forums responses specifically but thanks anyway.

Of course a tripfag begging for attention will have a terrible opinion.

About 27 hours for me. Hardest difficulty and explored everything though there must have been stuff I missed.

YOU'RE NOT THE BOSS OF ME NOW

Yeah, it's pretty excellent. Nothing spectacular, but did everything it set out to do. Runs very smooth. Looks pretty decent. Has enjoyable gameplay. Plot isn't too bad. I had no major complaints other than that the difficulty sputters out a lot in the late game.

Oh fuck

It's a great game, if a little easy when you start crafting neuromods. Play it on the hardest difficulty straight away. Has a surprising amount of depth to it if you actually pay attention to the systems being introduced to you. The game trusts you to figure some shit out on your own. The ship is really well-realized and immersive, every single crew member is named and can be tracked and found somewhere on the ship. Excellent detail in the world-building.

It was cracked ages ago, go pirate it you poorfag and let us talk about the game.

You can take them out in literally 1 hit if you approach the encounters cleverly.