Other urls found in this thread:

pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Skin_Transfer
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

No.
Diablo 3.

>No. Diablo 2

ftfy

It's okay. Depends on how much you like ARPGs

Diablo 2 and PoE are your only choices I'm afraid.

it's the best diablo clone, and it's FUCKING FREE.

Literally what more could you ask for? You fucks will complain about ANYTHING.

you couldn't be more wrong

If you aren't gonna trade, play d3.
If you are gonna trade, poe.

It's the best at what it does but only you know if what it does is something you actually want.

A better alternative is Record of Lodoss War
Fuck you

>free
>mandatory Premium stash tabs if you want to do maps

>Diablo 3.
wwww

No. Grim Dawn.

>mandatory Premium stash tabs if you want to do trading
ftfy.

I played for years with only 4 stash tabs. I have almost 2k hours in the game now, and I don't feel like a $20 purchase of 10 premium stash tabs has jewed or bamboozled me at all.

It was pretty good till I got to red tier maps in the endgame.

Now is seems like a boring grind to me. Surprisingly good story, worldbuilding and characters.

I wonder what they will do with poe.trade if the trading post comes to pc, how will the premium stash's would work with it?

I've always liked PoE's story but holy FUCK act 5 + part 2 is pure dog shite.

Kept me entertained for ~3000h and I barely spent 30$ on it over the years since I tried it at end of 2011.
Played through every ARPG I found entertaining (Torchlight, Titan Quest, Grim Dawn, Van Helsing, Diablo, Sacred etc...)
PoE is the only thing that's kept me going thanks to constant stream of content, expansions, skills, maps.

Still hyped and waiting for Grim Dawn expansion and potential Diablo 2 modernization like they did for Starcraft.

It uses the "get macguffin to unseal the door" way to often as a way to progress the story and Kitawa and the big bad is pretty boring but I liked how they handled the part 1 characters in part 2, expanding on them or even making you care for characters that were created so long ago and with other sensibilities in mind, none of which was making the player care for them.

I just wish there was a simple transmog system like in D3
Endgame characters look so fucking shit most of the time
And no paying 100 bucks for some edgy nuthin personell skin with flaming wings isn't really better

pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Skin_Transfer

(how else do you expect game to make money when its free to play?)
The fact that they have kept all money stuff related to skins and pets and skill visuals is amazing.
Only thing you are allowed to complain is that accounts dont get 1 free premium stash tab because trading without it is shit.

Its sad how a bunch of straya cunts in their basement made a better succesor to diablo than blizzard themselves.
Granted almost none of the original diablo team is on blizzard anymore but still.

Are there any other cases where some random nobodies make a better succesor than the original company did?

Huh guess I'm retarded because I never knew this exists

This image is braindead retarded from the get-go because "stat allocation" in Diablo 2 is not actually up to the player at all unless you decide to be a special snowflake and purposely put points in the wrong stats. If the dipshit who made this image is so far gone that he has to pretend this isn't a fact then I don't need to read the rest of it to know that it's complete bullshit and that anyone who would not only save it to their computer, but repost it, is also a fucking idiot.

Played it a while back and got to around level 40. Playing it again this time around on xbox with my buddies. Pretty comfy desu.

That's lazy but I don't really mind it in an ARPG. What they wrote was fine but how they wrote it was shit.
I completely disagree with how they presented old characters in part 2. They were incredibly weak.
You just either work with them or straight up kill them with zero build up to actually care about what happens. Or they're side-quest fodder that is completely forgettable the moment you finish it.
Nessa and kinda Silk are the only two who halfway matter. And Silk is lackluster in that regard as well.

Act 9 in particular was abysmal. Conditions are fucked to the point that no habitation makes any sense. The two most distinct characters are gone and their motivations and flaws are realized entirely offscreen. Then there is a political divide with no meaning between two people, one who has a new character and one who is just new and boring.
And the only one left is a side-quest whore.

Which is a shame because the snow and desert tilesets are really nice. And the act is fun to play.

They also handled the gods wrong. They shouldn't all have been side-quest fodder. They should have been mid-act bosses.
Also I resent the triumvirate of assholes being the driving goal, AGAIN.
Finally, the >you're fighting oh no he's too strong
midpoint is pretty pathetic. They needed to better establish rules for the fight so you can see you're outclassed from the beginning without help. Act 5 and 10 in general suck. Help a slave revolt do ONE thing and then completely obliterate the entire city in one stroke because the slaves who by the end result should have been able to do whatever they fuck they wanted from the beginning TRICKED you. And the only interesting character in either act is revealed at the end of 5 for foreshadowing, and then he just gets tossed away in act 10.

Fuck it, gonna rant more.

Act 8 was also terrible because HERE, NEW ENEMIES, okay kill one in the first zone. Okay good now go to kill two enemies that matter just because. No they don't have personality they're literally just rogue exiles.
Okay now finally you meet these two gods that are literally fighting over the ruins of the greatest city in the world, oh they're dead now. Okay.

Act 7 does not matter at all and is merely a means to pad out the journey and get you from point A to point B.

BACK TO ACT 5/10
WHY IS THE DOCKS AND SECRET STAGING AREA RIGHT NEXT TO THE CATHEDRAL
WHY IS A CITY THAT HAS BEEN RULED BY A CULT FEEDING THEIR GOD THAT ALL SHOULD HAVE EATEN ITSELF UP WHILE YOU WERE FUCKING AROUND ELSEWHERE LESS SHOCK-HORROR FACTOR THAN OLD LUNARIS TEMPLE?

It's good, not excellent, not perfect but good.

The biggest problems are the stash spaces and the limited number of viable builds.

They are probably going to limit it so only those with premium stashes can buy or sell. That being said the biggest problem is the absurd amount of consumables they keep shoving every update, all with very small stack amounts.

Meanwhile you need what 1500 fusings to get a 6 link on vorici?

>They are probably going to limit it so only those with premium stashes can buy or sell.

the only free to play game i have ever spent money on

I played for 35 minutes until altf4+uninstall after seeing how mindless it is.

how are your maps going family

people will still use poe.trade because it's easier and can work without premium tabs thanks to acquisition

The game is good, but don't let anyone fool you with the illusion of any real choice. Builds are way more limited than people really want to say. If you pick poorly you can just get to a point where you can't continue. They make content around filling up your inventory trying to get people to buy more stash tabs. The actual itemization in the game makes it very boring to put on new gear because everything is gated behind money. There are very few items in game that actually change how your character looks that much. The armor is all retard tier expensive. Basically it's worth playing through but in my opinion once you are just grinding orbs for perfect gear its time to move on. For your first character if you don't follow a build guide you aren't going to be able to finish the game and you will learn less and waste a lot of time.

farmed 10 shaper sets, did 10 shaper sets, got 2 swords and 2 flasks

sold, funded a wander and a skelly mager and got bored

I want breach league back

>playing an arpg for the lore

lmfao

What other games do you play my man?
Serious question. I can see that reaction to PoE but you can denounce or justify very similar stuff in most other games as well.

I'm about to enter the Lunaris/Solaris tower and I'm being flooded with white maps, I can't believe I have to wait two acts to use them.

Also what the fuck is up with the weapon tiers after ilevel 50? All the ones I got do LESS base damage.

JUST

>Nessa and kinda Silk are the only two who halfway matter. And Silk is lackluster in that regard as well.
I really liked Nessa especially given how forgettable she was in the first part but I agree Silk was pretty meh.
>Act 9 in particular was abysmal.
True, the interesting characters were gone or just acted like retards. Also, is there some sort of conclusion I missed regarding the gemling queen and the poet dude Piety fucked up? I didn't find them anywhere in the second part.
>Which is a shame because the snow and desert tilesets are really nice. And the act is fun to play.
Agreed
>They also handled the gods wrong. They shouldn't all have been side-quest fodder. They should have been mid-act bosses.
I disagree, I like that they handled gods like an Animistic religion would (like shinto or the Dodekatheon) or like post merging berserk handles monsters, as a natural part of the world. I liked that the gods were people that ascended, just regular people with their own goals and ways of achieving them and just running into them or fighting them like its no big deal goes a long way to enforce that.
>Also I resent the triumvirate of assholes being the driving goal, AGAIN.
True, the most damning of all IMO.
>Anything regarding Kitawa
I completely agree, the weakest part of the story. I have no idea why such a boring thing ended up being the main focus of the story.

pretty good desu

Has lot more viable builds than Diablo 2.

not this league

literally zerker + necro the league

Where the fuck is Prospero

Why the fuck don't you fight Lady Justice herself in merciless lab

>set up gods
>make expansion about gods
>create new gods and don't use the ones you have set up

>Why the fuck don't you fight Lady Justice herself in merciless lab
why would you?

Well, if we're going to fight gods, you know.

Actually, shouldn't she be supressed by the Beast? Prospero is last mentioned before the Beast is possibly even made, but how come she is doing stuff?

Not exactly a good comparison, it still pales when compared with grim dawn, titan quest, van hellsing and torchlight. Every goddamn update they nerf a different build into oblivion.

The beast didn't suppress Kitava or Hinekora either.

I don't. But the setting and story and characters are there and you take notice of them.

ilevel just means higher mods can roll on it. like +110% increased physical damage instead of +89% the base item it's attached to can be like a level 3 axe or some dogshit still.

I like Kitava as a concept, especially as he's kinda linked with all the downtrodden rising up with all their suppressed anger and ambition and shit. They just delivered it incredibly weakly. Like they could have explicitly stated that the exile was Kitava's champion for all the establishment-smashing that they were getting up to. Make it matter more. Give a reason for Kitava's strength beyond, oh just a slave revolt.

I liked what the gods were, I just feel that a lot were really down-played. Like the facehugger god's influence was everywhere with infested mobs. But actually killing it is Tarkleigh saying "oh yeah a lot of those annoying things are coming from over there, check it out if you have time". Make it optional as you please, but make it urgent as well.

And like the wind god that is attached to the act 4 cast, and who sin has a personal relationship with just kinda appears and dies. Fine to be optional but at least have her fucking say something before combat.

>get burnout from poe
>new expansion
>first 4 acts unchanged
I don't even know what I expected, the endgame is a boring grind as is the first couple of hours. Not worth it for me

>play through campaign
>It's pretty good
>Bossfights are suicide attacks where you bruteforce
I got to the point where I can do maps. Should I continue? I've done like one or two, but they just seem like randomly generated magic find runs

>I like Kitava as a concept, especially as he's kinda linked with all the downtrodden rising up with all their suppressed anger and ambition and shit.
That aspect was cool but at the end of the day he was just a "Super powerful being that wants to eat everything!11!!!" like we haven't seen a million of those already. He was the god the least personality that somehow ended up being the main villain.
> Make it optional as you please, but make it urgent as well.
>optional and urgent
That really doesn't make sense at all. "THE WORLD WILL END IF YOU DON'T STOP THIS GOD THAT IS INFECTING EVERYONE! Like if you want, it's not a big deal or anything." You can't make something optional AND urgent unless you are talking low stakes like a side character dying or something and not about gods that can potentially rule all of existence.
>And like the wind god that is attached to the act 4 cast, and who sin has a personal relationship with just kinda appears and dies. Fine to be optional but at least have her fucking say something before combat.
True that was pretty jarring. I entered the arena, killed her and still hadn't realized that it was the actual god they were talking about. Act 9 is probably the weakest in the second part, in terms of story at least because I love the areas.

Did you even play? It is fine to hate PoE but did you even play?
Act 1 - New tutorial and have a chest showing off a new support gem in the middle of the FIRST area teaching you how to use say gem.
Act 2 - Bandit rewards been changed completely or were you a dumbass who auto Oak and now whining how PoE sucks?
Act 3 - Bust quest is in a single area and can be gotten out of the way asap.
Of course many other small changes were made. I'm not going to list what is literally the patch notes on here for you.

Like were you even playing you did you open the game just to close it so you can whine about it later?

>Bossfights are suicide attacks where you bruteforce
Frankly, this means you fucked your build up
And yes, maps are the part where your build is supposed to really come together and enable you to run them efficiently/survive in the later ones

Some urgency, not world ending urgency.
Like just make it so more than one person talks about it at least. When Nessa taunts you one time have her mention it as well. So you know some shit is for sure happening and it's probably important.

And yeah the main villian question is weird. The beast kinda should have been the be all end all. A shame he was piloted by skeletor.
It's neat that stuff happens as a result of no more beast, but making something come after a tangible threat is a bit silly. They would really have to write it up. And they don't write Kitava at all. It's just there.

>And yes, maps are the part where your build is supposed to really come together and enable you to run them efficiently/survive in the later ones

So, are they just magic find runs with no payoff?

>a bunch of straya cunts in their basement
kiwis
and we dont have basements in aus you fuckwit

What is this game ?

Depends, what's a magic find run
I'm not familiar with this terminology
Titan Quest

sacred 2

>Playing a D2 ripoff
>unfamiliar with magic find

Are you 12 years old

Fuck you guys google search gave nothing.

Maybe he thinks they live in coober pedy.

Does Sonic mania count since Sega just brought in the bunch of nobodies to make the game for them?

Yes, it beats D3.

If you like ARPGs PoE is the best, MH is second right now.

A MF (magic find) run is just gear farming with magic find, which is stat in a game that improves the quality / quantity of gear drops.

How do you not know this

Be honest, are totem builds the most pussy way to play?

play median xl, it's cool

Both are right. PoE is pretty shit.

They're the least fun way to play

>I need a build
>Hmm, let me see what people are using
>TOTEM TOTEM TOTEM
>Here's a neat build, let's looks at the skills
>depends on a fucking totem

THAT SHIT IS NOT FUN TO PLAY

Yes it did. Sin tells you that he made the beast for the purpose of keeping the gods dormant to let humans do what they want and not be controlled by the gods. All the legends about the gods doings happened before Sin made the beast. It didn't effect two gods tho: The lady of justice and Prospero

The beast is the thing that was causing all the cataclysms and that is what took out the vaal which was around before the eternal empire well over 2000 years ago. The eternal empire fell with the voll rebellion and Malachai triggering a new cataclysm about ~250 years before the current event. Cadiro made his deal with Prospero when voll was at highgate which happened just before the cataclysm went off when the beast was every much alive.

>skill scale IDENTICALLY
>like literally your build is identical between either skill
>one just straight up has better aoe and damage just because.

I have actually not played D1 or D2 except for about 5 minutes of D2 at an internet cafe once
Sure, you can build some MF if you want, I won't stop you, but mostly it's just progression for its own sake and hoping to eventually get some drop that's worth a few hundred chaos to fund a new build to hit maps with

Grim Dawn, not forced into one gender if you want certain class and no fucking always online

That's not SRS/summon spam

but seriously though, are you 15

Except kaom was fooled by kitava AFTER the beast was alive.
Except Navali is kept alive by the power of Hinekora WHILE the beast is alive, she can only see the future past and present BECAUSE she is her avatar.

Kek the picture took me a while

I played through the game the same way as i always have. Honestly im just done with the whole universe and this new expansion didn't do much for me

Imagine making an interesting world and a decent loot and skill system. AND HAVE EVERY CLASS AND SKILL FEEL LIKE ABSOLUTE SHIT TO USE!
IMAGINE MAKING TITAN QUEST, THEN MAKING A SPIRITUAL SUCCESSOR AND LEARNING FUCK-ALL!

Navali is not anything, she is just a prophecy teller, she is Death's servant, there are many like this in Wraeclast already.

>look up Sin and Innocence's backstories

>They were just regular kids
>Sin stole a fish because he was hungry and his village burned him alive over it
>now he's edgy grimdark god

Ummmmmmmm poebabs??????

Grim Dawn is a fucking snoozefest. It's way too boring and unsatisfying for an ARPG.

You there! Let me bend you over for a moment.

then play Elite HardCore, or do you have better alternative without always online that's not D2 or D3 for consoles?

>just a prophecy teller
>when she directly indicates she can talk with her goddess
>when she directly indicates she is only alive because of Hinekora.
Oh am I laffing, I bet you didn't even caught that Kaom/Kitava detail either.

Sin best boy, do not bully Sin. The joke is that he's the actual Chad of the gods.

>WE GOTTA KILL THE GODS
>the gods are actually just regular ass monsters

The economy is garbage and 90% of the game is spent in random gen maps. Most enemies are toilet paper for you with the occasional rare mob with unappealing features and most "bosses" are just fancy rare mobs with fat hp. Any with actually mechanics are interesting but few and far between. Overall unless you have an extreme passion for testing out weird and new builds you'll get burned out really quickly. Now that the game is technically complete or w/e you should at least check it out for the basic storyline but don't expect it to keep it's talons in you after the basic acts are over.

Not him but "magic find" as a stat doesn't work very well because currency items have 0 rarity. So increasing the quality of the magical items you find makes you find less of them. Not to mention gear is effectively worthless outside of specific sockets/perfect rolls. Not counting jewelry.

suprise, gods are just higher beings

not invincible unkillables

Sin and Innocence are the only gods, and even they were just regular dickfucks

I found a few gods on tier 6 maps, let me tell you.

what's the best way to farm, then?

Yeah. Sin, innocence and the other gods are the only gods

So what do you play it for? The repetitive content? The lootgrind treadmill? I know you're not playing it for the fucking puzzles. I'm giving you the BotD and assuming you have something better to do with your life then to play a glorified idle game.

That is the first time I have seen "benefit of the doubt" turned into an acronym.
Have you done that before?
Have you seen other people do it before?
I am legitimately curious.

The "best" way is just to run high level maps with lots of pack size + item find. 99% of what you find is going to be hot garbage unless it's a super specific unique or just flat currency. the PoE economy is kind of shit because things that are worth assloads in one league and absolutely worthless in another. Unless you intend on selling stuff you find for literally fractions of a chaos then you're essentially just waiting for someone super rare to drop. It's incredibly inconsistent.

>other gods

A big crab is not a god.