Divinity Original Sin 2

Only 17 days until pic related is released. Have you decided what sort of character you're going to run with first?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=GxoV0-x7O6U
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

White male paladin.

When being a lizardman is an option, why even ask?

Does it have that gimmick again where you have to roleplay two characters at once?

I want to play Undead, but they haven't released any info. Is it going to be a gimmick class that changes dialogue/interactions, like Nosferatu and Malk?

Skeleton for the first playthrough and every playthrough after.

i rage quit the first after sucking dick

should i try again and how do i git gud?

>Literal White Knight

No. You only create one this time for single player.

If you do multiplayer (up to 4 players), each player gets to customize his own character.

>X-com 2 WoTC
>DivOS 2
>Warhammer 2
Oh man. I am gonna be so occupied over the next 2 months.

Lizard Wizard first playthrough.

This for the second.

Have one character (or both) have telekinesis, then fill a chest with barrels that have water in them. Drop the chest on enemies for a shit ton of damage if not outright killing them since the heavier something is, the more damage it does when it hits something. Maybe have one of your characters have magic to stun enemies for an easier time.

Thank g-d.
I started the first game recently, and it's pretty good, reminiscent of NWN I used to play back in my school days. But playing solo with two different main characters is kinda exhausting. I really wish I had enough time to play this game in co-op. And I wish I still had friends.

This game is currently in EA.
What is missing between now and release?

This is only act 1. It's also missing a playable race and couch coo. And tons of mechanics that will be in the full game. They have all the things that will be implemented in the full game on their youtube channel as well iirc.

Everything but Act 1.

Can I play comfy couch coop with my gf on PS4 again like the first game?

F EA wasn't traditional EA for this, where you got an incomplete full game that they kept adding content to. It was more like a long demo that got mechanics tweaks and bug fixes over time.

Yep.

Devs are launching a new kickstarter almost immediately after the game, and they said it won't be Div:OS 3. Wonder what it will be? Do they have any other old franchises they might revive?

Got it. Gonna buy it on release then. Keep myself occupied with Xcom for now.

I'll play as a skelly because of Avellone

Can we really play as undead versions of each race or has an user just made that up?

It might be for the enhanced edition. I don't think Larian have anything other than Divinity games, they might do another Dragon Commander or something completely new.

I think there is just going to be an undead race, like a skellington or a lich.

Are these the only 5 characters we're getting?

No. We can still make custom characters. Those are just the promo characters like they used in the first one.

It was one of their kickstarter goals but i have found zero information about it what pros and cons the undead race gives.

Lizard rogue probably. Is Unarmed a skill in this?

No, I mean they're the predefined characters, Lohse, the Red Prince, Sebille, Ifan and probably some Dwarf one that hasn't been shown yet, but are there going to be more of those guys?

Its in the game files that there is a skellington for each race.

And I don't see why not allow us to. We already know there are skeleton models for each race.

I wish they would bring Dragon Commander as it was originally intended and added something extra on top of it. Since Larian has 130 people now, they can afford to do sideprojects while maintaining post-release schedule.

There might be a part of the game where you die and walk around as a skelly, which would explain the models existing without a proper undead race

I'd love another Dragon Commander. If they make another one I hope they flesh out the non-combat parts more.

Every "origin" can be a companion, so there's probably going to be an undead as well

I believe those are undead npcs' models. I haven't played much but remember fighting them in some swamp. Also Matt Mercer used undead models in DM mode during GM stream. Hopefully, those are available to the player as well (4 races + 2 genders = 8 models total with some tweaks) but voicing them all would be a pain in that case as well as tuning undead specific armor for each race.

You have to shill harder bro!

>Undead: 8 models, but all count as a single race.
>Use the voice of whichever race the skeleton is based on, just filtered with some effects on top of it.
How hard can it be?

>When the developers announce they completed full voice work for the entire game even when they thought it would be impossible
>It was never even promised, in fact they said it wouldn't be happening during early development

Undead race is getting a video preview this week. Prepare your anus.

>implying Larian would half-ass something like that

Undead paladin with the heal to damage spell

I really like the idea of the Inquisitors mix of melee and necromantic abilities, but there are fuck all for necromancy abilities (at least from when I last played). Also I hate the races passive stat boosts. I want to be a human magic user but that's objectively inferior to a Lizard magic user.

I already preordered Warhammer 2 and I really want to get divinity but my normie friends are all getting Destiny 2 and want me to get it

only plan to play gm mode

>implying actual paladins are cucks
begone thot

i just started the first one, so not gonna play this one for a whil i'm guessing

PC HAS NO GAMES, SHITLORD

what heal to damage spell?

>promo
Origin characters are much more than that though.

Decaying Touch, silly.

Papa Bones.
By the way, they said mods would be supported, how true is that? Can I create brand new classes and spells and playable races? Or it's just mix and matching existing things?

can you really be a skeleton?

The first one had mods that changed skills and talents and the like, so with more support there will most likely be even more stuff like that.

Yeah, you can.
Atleast I hope they are and not some pale skinny homo shit.

You should be able to do a lot of stuff. At least having a proper toolset was one of the Kickstarter goals. First game also had some mod support but apparently the tools were pure pain to use, this time they're trying to make them usable for normal people. There's also an extensive DM mode.

Undead/skeletons are one of the races in the game/setting. Afaik they are an actual race with long history, not just random resurrected members of other races.

Yep. New spells. You can even import new particle effects.

How long till nude mods come out?

Few questions if anyone can answer!

>How many acts
>What are the playable races
>Playable classes
>Can I customize my own class?
Also is this a direct sequel to the first game? I never truly beat the game, just made it to end game.

Yeah. They were a race in Dragon Commander.

3 Acts. 2 is considerably longer than the other acts. Human, Dwarf, Elf, Lizard, Undead. There's like a dozen classes, but they mean nothing. The classes are just prefabs that you can completely throw out the window during character creation. They're more or less just there for people who aren't good at making their own classes and want a starting point.

>What races can I play?
>There are five races to choose from, each with their own abilities and tags: Human, Elf, Dwarf, Lizard and Undead.

>What do you mean by a classless system?
>You can fully customize stats, abilities, talents, and skills. You can also choose one of our pre-set classes for ease of use!

Pretty cool. Do mods play nice with online? That's a tricky one.

Dwarven gigolo.

>bought it today
>its downloading now

do i get to play the early access or something, i am unfamiliar with buying stuff on steam

Dwarf Metamorph youtube.com/watch?v=GxoV0-x7O6U

>scoundrels overpowered again

Really hope the skeletons don't look like shit, and have something unique about them for being UNDEAD and they're not just functionally identical to the living. It's kind of worrying how we know nothing about them so far, other than that they wear masks.

You get access to the first act, minus one playable race and one or two companions. The rest of the game will release next month, but I don't think save files from the pre-release version will work so you'll probably have to replay a chunk of it.

That's fine by me, at least it's something to do it and test stuff out

cool, thanks

>and they're not just functionally identical to the living
Healing magic damages them, poison heals them.

They heal from poison and damage from heals.

Which basically makes them shit

undead with corpse eater or something to explode my minions

MtF half-elf futa warlock

Probably gonna start with a character who relies heavily on summons to do their fighting.

I always like playing summoner-type classes that have minions to do most of the work for them. Not sure if it's gonna be a literal summoner, a necromancer or something else yet though because a lot of the specifics about abilities in certain skill trees aren't available yet. But yeah, definitely gonna summon something, probably several somethings (on that note I really hope you can have more than one summon per character this time, swarming the enemy with 3-6 weak skellies or lesser elementals could be really fun, though I imagine that if it is a possibility it will come from a late game ability for the sake of balance).

>No bard class
>instead that stupid looking polymorph shit

Please, no more stupid puzzles.

>that puzzle where you had to balance weights

ugh

>Wanting to be a singing fruity gay boy
Fag.

Elf 2handed warrior cuz that shit is OP as fuck.

Undead is going to be shit unless they reworked Zombie. As it is now, all heals hurt zombie. That means sleeping in a bed kills you. It means leech (heal when standing in blood) hurts you. Its retarded.

>Divinity OS 1
>Dont take teleport
>Miss out on like 30% of the game

Great design

>Dark Souls
>don't randomly roll around in the swamps
>miss out on 30% of the content

Great design

Spear using Lizardlady Dragoon.

Fuck no. In the first game, the undead trait was OP cause you could heal yourself with all types of poison spells.

In this game it'll probably be more of the same. Some sort of poison spell is gonna be low cost and make the skelly op af.

I doubt they would default/force the zombie trait to them. That basically invalidates a lot of necromancy builds for undead, which would make no sense.

Is everyone going to be playing their own custom self-insert?

Will it have everything they said they were implementing?

my friend got bored with the first one because he was melee and the battlefield was always a nuclear waste.

Why would a zombie sleep in bed?

Since I'm pirating it and playing by myself, I'm doing this.

This worries me the most. A lot of the skills are beyond broken. Rogues can end up in a near-unlimited turn situations, and then there's also low-risk high-reward skills like the elf racial.
I heard they nerfed teleport recently, but with less than a few weeks until release, I doubt they'll fix them in time.
Sure, the original also had bullshit stuff pre-patch (stacking resists past 100% to heal from them), but at least those took some serious time investment to reach.

If you can afford it you should buy it. Larian are good guys.

Good taste right here.

Understandable. I also argued with my friends on how to not kill eachother (we still ended up doing it multiple times).
In the end, our tank went full 100% fire/poison resist, so he could withstand the explosion combos.

Human Conjurer, I wanted to play dwarf , but the walking and running animations look stupid. I'm looking forward to the romance system.

Oh yeah I will, I bought the last one don't worry bud.

They said they want the game to be fun and about role playing, if that meant that some combinations were overpowered than so be it. They just didn't want some variations to be completely worthless and make you have to restart you game because you didn't mixmax from the start. I'm -hoping- the higher difficult make even the most ridiculous combos even or less than the battle difficulties.

Lizard Polymorpher, cant decide if Red Prince or rando lizard tho.

Also still hope for them to make a head option that looks like OPs pic, they made one for all the other characters

How picking most op cheesy skills for every character helps role playing?