What the hell is good about Osu!?

Explain

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=XG9UWx9LLUc
youtube.com/watch?v=CFnmeL4zXLo
youtube.com/watch?v=O5ixwne0c4A
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Weebshits keep pretending it's good because it supposedly makes them better at aiming or whatnot, and improves their reflexes, and they keep bragging about "muh infinite skill ceiling."
But the truth is, as much as their reflexes and aim improve, they aren't using them in any way other than this game most of the time.

Also, it's a botnet, don't install it.

I like to click the circles very fast.

Literally nothing gameplay wise.
It works fantastically as a containment game though, keeping anime faggots out of better games

It's a fun game with any-may music. Pretty much it really.

It's not a "botnet" though... That stuff was resolved ages ago. You can look into if you want.

Also, it does improve your aiming in other games, including CS:GO which is often mentioned. At least for me :^)

It's not a botnet anymore ? Source ?
Also I know, when I played CSGO, fags would keep bragging about their aim getting better by playing osu!, along with their reflex time improving.
Truth is, only practicing makes you better.
-t.tf2 400 hours sniper main

It's more Ouendan.

For one he plans on making the client open source, additionally he spoke about how it wasn't being used on Reddit, that feature for screenshots was removed iirc.

osu! bans by Mac, IP, and HWID.

>But the truth is, as much as their reflexes and aim improve, they aren't using them in any way other than this game most of the time

It's a standalone rhythm game. For the most part, the skill you acquire matters in being good at that game. Training your aim and mouse grip for other games is in fact more than any existing rhythm game could possibly train you for other video games.

>It's not a botnet anymore ? Source ?
Statement by the main dev and then later a leaked version of the current client's source code. It's gone, and it was never a "botnet" to begin with. It would periodically take snapshots of your processes and make a desktop screenshot if you were suspected of cheating. Not more.

Its not confined to 1 genre.
Lots of touhou music.
Easy entry for casuals.

Its like stepmania but way better.

It's fun.

It's entirely skill based with an almost unlimited skill cap so it doesn't get boring.

It's easy to get started with and watch yourself improve.
You can play music that you like which makes the game more fun.
Playing against other people also is fun and very competetive, I have more than a bunch of "rivals"

I myself browse /jp/, and thank god we have a containment thread for rhythm games
it's ironic weeb land
You just click on fucking circles while listening to the only tracks people make: 2hu or anime openings

I remember an actual autist i met online thought he was pro as fuck by going to 5 star maps, he lived and breathed osu because "it's just circle clicking" as he said

Audiosurf is better, may not have the "muh competitive ranking" aspect but it's 100% more fun and actually requires a brain to play than "muh click circles fast"
And you can pretty much pick any song, and it's visually very trippy and awesome

Nothing. It's trash. Play something better like IIDX, Pop'n or Taiko no Tatsujin

How does osu deal with copyright??

the /jp/ rhythm game thread hates osu for good reason lmao

>to the only tracks people make: 2hu or anime openings
That argument is neither good nor in the slightest way true. Hell, you could fucking click "Spanish" on the beatmap search page, and you'd get enough proper quality maps that would last you permanently for at least casual play. You're a fucking moron.

>but it's 100% more fun
Argued like a literal 12 year old. Like that shit isn't subjective. I don't find audiosurf more fun any rhythm game I've ever played.

They're not better, they're just entirely different games, sad reality that no bemanifag wants to face. Dumb arguments like "b-but they have original music!!" have nothing to do with the quality of the gameplay.

t. no idea what keysounding is

osu! has fully keysounded maps. Your point?

hardly any of them are
and osu has one input making keysounds pretty pointless

Lol nope. I think you're mistaking keysounds for hitsounds

You are aware that argument isn't very good when, for example, the 7 keys in IIDX are just arbitrarily mapped to the sounds of the song, with not much rhyme or reason.

No, I mean fully keysounded. It doesn't work as well in games like IIDX or DJMAX, but they exist. It's relatively new, too.

>arbitrarily
Only if you play on Random.

No. The songs don't consist of 7 different piano notes, they obviously switch between whatever is going on in the song. From a rhythm game standpoint, Taiko is the only one that's superior to osu! from a strict rhythm aspect.

In what world is IIDX emulating a piano lol.

It's the greatest rhythm game ever with the best beatmappers/chart makers. Other rhythm games are well worth playing but get old with limited set lists and the overall limited number of games so when those run out osu is always there

That's not the argument I'm making. There's nothing consistent or coherent about the way rhythm works in IIDX, it's just randomly mapped to the keys and the turntable.

its pretty good, the only rhythm game i enjoy

This is the hardest game in existence
prove me wrong

Other rhythm games have an equally high skill ceiling. Nothing else to prove.

lowest note will always be in the left and highest on the right for each section, it's like a DJ pad that cycles between preset sounds for each section.
would you be happier if you had to manually switch layers?

Bloodcat
But I'd say taikosu is closer to the actual game than other game modes how is the rhythm better in one over the other?
T. Former rank 400 taiko shitter

Also I could never really play 7* maps at that rank makes you wonder about those 100 or so maps that I couldn't beat but I never learned to alternate don kat streams with two hands

My account was "restricted" after like a week of making it, i guess because i had nothing but S ranks on songs in a freshly made account.

not my fault i started with EBA and Android osu + stylus ;-;

That's simply not true. They randomly alternate. Where did you get the impression that they do?

youtube.com/watch?v=XG9UWx9LLUc

Look at lines and listen to the song. There's no pattern to it, none whatsoever.

But they rarely go as far as osu does, I can only think of taiko maps where you need four drumsticks
How do you find good maps on android without streams?

I was just arguing that since Taiko follows a rhythmical pattern and being based on an actual instrument, it's superior to stuff like IIDX or osu! as a "rhythm" game.

Taiko mode.

The only good rhythm game is Crypt of the Necrodancer. This is objective fact.

way to pick something unnecessarily complicated for what you're trying to ""prove""
ten seconds into my video and anyone could tell you're an idiot
youtube.com/watch?v=CFnmeL4zXLo

I'm not sure who the idiot is. They utilized the stair-like rhythm to make a stair pattern for those sections in the song, but that merely creates the illusion that it always follows a pattern. Most of the time it doesn't, even in this song you posted. The kind of rhythmical play with note placement is even possible in osu!.

it's a low level song, lots of notes are left out

I know, I took that into consideration. You can still hear the sounds that are mapped to those keys, they don't follow a consistent pattern.

>How do you find good maps on android without streams?
Define "streams" I'm not familiar with that term.

idk user everything can't be perfect. there's a lot to consider when making a chart beyond just making it like a real instrument, which iidx has never set out to do. stuff like their 7k+S limitations, difficulty of the song, fun patterns, etc. iidx isn't keyboardmania

youtube.com/watch?v=O5ixwne0c4A

Have you not played O!T!O! or EBA? It's the same thing but with custom beatmaps.

I like IIDX a lot, and I don't want it to be anything more impressive than it is. I just don't agree when someone wants to claim that osu! is objectively inferior to it as a rhythm game. It might be to stuff like Taiko or SDVX, but comparing it to IIDX or most other bemani games is simply nonsensical. They're entirely different games, each not better at doing anything the other does well.