Do you prefer DOOM or DOOM?

Do you prefer DOOM or DOOM?

DOOM > DOOM

Prove me wrong. You can't.

But the opposite is true you fucking moron.

Everyone knows DOOM is the better game

DOom

Always thought the midriff looks fucking gay

who is the dude on the right running to doomguy?

it's doomguy

It is fucking gay.

The original, the new game is a disgrace

What if i want all the DOOM's?

I just noticed that there is a fireball being shot at Doomguy and not a muzzle flash from his gun.

Step aside, plebs.

I prefer MOOM

The answer is DOOM
Fight me

DOOT

DooM, released in 1993, by iD Software, to MS DOS.

Go back to tumblr, you redditor.

xD

DOOM is good. Great levels, great music(Harbringer and Damnation are good shit), and overall a fun time. Especially love for how essentially being storyless, the stuff that doomslayer ends up doing really tells you his character

DOOM is miles better though, for the gameplay quality and for the sheer content that stretches on for miles. Discounting online and gameplay mods which are a whole other planet, from the top of my head you have Alien Vendetta, Speed of Doom, Hell Revealed series, Scythe series, Valiant, Ancient Aliens, Epic series, Going Down, Sunlust, Plutonia series, and Jenesis. Whatever type of DOOM you like, you will find it(slaughterwads, short adventures, tough but small on numbers), and that's what makes it better

>1 Shotgun Vs 2 guns

lol.

HAHAHAHHAAH I GET IT,
CUZ THE GAME IS NAMED THE SAME!!!

>left
>fully armored
>is probably afraid of pain, keeps monsters at distance
>no teammate (probably died because this faggot can only look after himself)
>uses shotgun because it's close quarters combat and he's a fucking pussy
3/10 would not bang

>right
>exposed belly, most vulnerable part
>the only armored thing is chest plate
>a demon is grabbing him but he couldn't care less
>is not afraid of pain
>is not afraid to die
>uses SMG because he's badass
>is not afraid of melee combat, lets demons to come close
>his teammate is alive and hurries to help
>the enemies have ranged weapons, someone is throwing a fireball
>this guy will fight til his last breath, go to hell and wreck the place
10/10 would bang

This is objectively right and you will only disagree for the sake of being a contrarian cunt.

>Hayden in the background on DOOM
How have I never noticed that before?

DOOT is pretty much the best you could with a modern shooter, i hope it sets the example for future games to follow, but DooM will be always the king, it pretty much gave a name to the genre and it's level design remains unmatched, something not even DooM II couldn't get right.

Doom 64 is better than Doom II

The right. No nostalgia glasses involved.

The one on the right shows both power and struggle. He is slaughtering demons while being dragged down by one, his clothes are torn and his skin is shredded. There is a clear effort by the demons reaching out to him to kill him. He is clearly mortal and his comrade in the background cares about him. This is what it should be like to play doom. You slay demons at the risk of losing your life.

The left is just some dude in full armor with a bunch of demons standing around waiting to be shot. A good representation of the AI in new Doom.

This. Doom II is a glorified map pack.

Duke Nukem > Doom.

fuck off back to school so you can learn not to show your autism in public

At least it had the super shotgun and the Icon of Sin, and a couple cool new enemies. The maps weren't nearly as fun as 1.

MOOM vs. DOOD who wins

modded DOOM>D44M

no

I like all of the dooms, even the SNES one.

DOOD on the left and MOOM on the right

Nope, not even mega contrarians would claim this. Duke Nukem level design falls flat so baddly it fuckin hurts, some maps feel like afucking chore more than a challenge and gunplay isn't that grand either.

Yes.

nudoom have worse grafical design and music is meh.

I prefer Doom 2

Ultimate Doom > Doom 64 > D44m > Doom II

I really want a part in a doom game where you fight a bunch of demons on top of a small rock

It's like that because it's been torn away, look at the guy in the background. His midriff isn't exposed.

in the hands of Randy Pitchford, Duke is now hitting on trannies on twitter now.

lol

I actually thought Doom 3 was good

What is the problem with numbered sequels? Why not name it DOOM 4?

I think both are good games for different reasons.
The original pathed the way for FPS as a whole. It's still fun, it's still fast, and it's still pure.
New DOOM does a good job of reimagining classic doom for the modern world, and especially the current game climate. Obviously, this comes with some 'slights' to the original game - things like runes and weapon mods. A necessary evil, in my opinion, that doesn't taint the game. In fact, I agree with the decision. It offers more choice (which people like) and more variety without adding a nauseating amount of weapons.

>it's just a twin stick shooter
>no actual levels
I'll stick with Smash TV or Robotron.

gb to reddit, underage fuck

I prefer HeXen to both of those/

Neo doom is pussy fps made for people who cannot think

It was okay, resurrection of evil was great.

I like DOOM, But DOOM's cool too.

I think it has something to do with two things:
A, DOOM 3/4 aren't actually the 3rd/4th games in the series.
B, Helps distance itself (a pure action game) from DOOM 3 (a survival horror game)

Doom 3 has lots of problems but overall it gets a pass and it's still better than the new game somehow

as if classic doom was a strategy game lmao

Heretic > Hexen

All those were good aditions, but really lacking the detail and consitency on the maps and their progression of the first game really made me feel like i was playing a community map pack instead of a full game, also some of the Doom II maps have some very basic design, literally beginner square rooms and shapes, first doom at least has some architecture and complexity on it.

>Do you prefer DOOM or DOOM?
HUH

>Not doomdude
Whatever happened to that guy?

I prefer

>Didn't get the most obvious bait of the year
>Calls other people autistic

"GEEZ I KNOW I'M IN A SPECIAL CLASSROOM BUT EVERYBODY JUST SEEMS LIKE A COMPLETELY DUMMY ROUND HERE"

>Game
>Game 2
>Game: Subtitle
>Game 3
>GAME

I like both
I also like Doom II, Final Doom, Doom 3, Duke Nukem' 3D, Blood, Heretic, Hexen, and Quake

Ultimately I prefer the original but D44M was also really great too.

I thought nuDoom was okay, had enough fun and playtime that I thought it was worth buying on sale for $20.

Was it a proper Doom game? No, but I didn't expect it to be anyways and anybody who did is/was retarded.

>he actually fell for it

You ever think we'll ever get a proper doom game again?

>2 guns
Nani?

High Noon Drifter

Not him but Douk's level design is probably the only one that's at least on oar with Doom's.

I agree. I just finished Ultimate and II and I'm most of the way through 64 right now, and the differences between the quality for the maps in each game is noticeable

We'll probably never get a 'proper' doom game. You can't retread old ground as a big developer, and there's no point for the average indie developer to make a doom clone because it's incredibly redundant. DOOM (classic) exists, and it's incredibly easy to get all the doom wads and a sourceport and etc.

There isn't hayden in the background, if you're talking about that figure the lower left of doomguy that's a demon zoom more and you'll see it

Is fun.

i think he means this

That's a doot's rocket chest thing

That's a revenant shoulder cannon

Heretic is top tier but Hexen beats it.

How are the two different? I played Hexen for the first time this summer, pretty great game.

what the fuck
original doom1&2 don't have level design, it's literally babbys first map all over
some douk levels were bad, some were good

I prefer
>pic related

The SMG and his fist.

It's really not. Like some maps are actually good but there is also some really bad and pointless levels, maps have good detail but the design and pace is simply uninspired and even tedious at times, even the more complex levels will never be as fun to play or have same replayablity as the original Doom maps which are more simple.

Maybe in VR, otherwise fuck no.

>VR
That would be a massive step backwards.

>Mooooom this isn't a headset!

>nudoom have worse grafical design

>bought shitty tshirt with this design
>look into mirror
>read MOOD
>lose my shit

Despite Hexen being Heretic's sequel they're two completely different games. Since you played Hexen I don't need to explain, but Heretic is so similar to Doom in terms of gameplay it could pass for a user wad; it's basically Doom with a fantasy setting and an inventory system.

Alright Sup Forums, out of the 3 biggest build engine games, which do you like the most?

>Duke Nukem 3D
>Shadow Warrior
>Blood

My vote goes to Blood outta the 3 though. Shame about no updated released like the other 2.

Though honestly quake beats them all. Also my opinion is objectively shit.

Strife beats all

By the current standards for VR games--i.e shitty and boring with bad controls--then yeah, sure.

Once we get some actually good VR hardware & games though then it would be a different story, and how better to do that than with an actually good Doom VR game that drops all the dumb shit nuDoom did?

Imagine arguably the most iconic PC game of all time also setting the stage for actually GOOD VR games.

It could happen.

Also I forgot to mention Bethesda would probably need to be out of the picture.

DOOM is better.

Fucking faggots don't know a good game when they see it.

I bet you haven't even played DOOM either...

>Once we get some actually good VR hardware & games though then it would be a different story,
It won't happen in our lifetime. It will remain as a fad for decades.

That's pretty much how I was describing Hexen to people already, it's "fantasy Doom with big mazes and puzzles". I might have to check it out then.

anyone played metadoom?