Does anyone else enjoy watching Longplays more than playing video games? When I play video games...

Does anyone else enjoy watching Longplays more than playing video games? When I play video games, I get really distracted and end up alt tabbing to do something else. Watching Longplays lets me watch the game and experience it without having to put in any effort.

This works especially well with games that aren't fun but have a good story.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/OYruBkhKjmw
youtu.be/CAlgrQNSs_E
youtu.be/zYcf2yUgblc
youtu.be/-lIp3GN6XVg
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I have never had more fun watching somebody else play videogames, and I feel nothing but shame and disappointment that you need Ritalin to focus on anything.

I agree

I normally load up something in the background to listen to while I play something. It could be a speedrun, something with commentary or none at all. Im sure there are tons of other people that do it and the background noise is nice

u wot m8

But what happens to video game immersion or enjoying the soundtrack of the game?

-turns invisible-

Well most of the games that I own dont really have any voice acting. Like most of the time that i do listen to stuff in the background is when I'm grinding or just to have some background noise besides the hum of my AC

I remember being a kid, and watching other people play videogames just made me want to play them instead. I don't see how you can just passively decide to witness somebody else having more fun than you.

What if it's a boring, slow paced game? Watching would be more fun since you can do other stuff while watching.

Nah. I rarely enjoy watching other people play video games unless It's multiplayer games of a game I'm current into to and sometimes platformer styled games. I can't get into watching people play single player games at all. I don't know why

I don't agree, if it's a slow paced game it had better have some phenomenal atmosphere to it, like any STALKER game.

I don't like watching other people play videogames, if I'm not playing a game and I need background sound there's a humongous record collection sitting there calling my name.

Longplays are good for things like checking out niche SNES games. But what I've really come to like are annotated longplays.
youtu.be/OYruBkhKjmw (this and the third one are my favourites)
youtu.be/CAlgrQNSs_E
youtu.be/zYcf2yUgblc
youtu.be/-lIp3GN6XVg
Especially if the person seems to know the game pretty well.

Drakenguard, Red Dead Redemption, Metal Gear Solid, etc
Boring gameplay but good stories

For me its not so that I can watch it in the background but just have it there in the background like TV

You don't even have the excuse of having to buy a game, SNES ROMs are everywhere why wouldn't you just play it yourself?

Why would you want to watch a boring, slow paced game? Unless you're on a quest to watch every single game ever, why not move on to a more interesting game instead?

And? I beat Red Dead Redemption, didn't watch somebody else do it.

So it doesn't matter what it is, as long as it's background noise

Because I'm not interested enough to play it, but interested enough to idly watch it while I do other things.
How is it SO alien to you that people sometimes enjoy watching instead of doing?

Well it kind of does matter, like im not gonna sit and listen to static or something that i dont like in the background.

Sup Forums said they were good but they're boring to play

What if my Xbox died and I can't play it?

What is the autistic tripfag doing here

From your own opinions rather than watching games simply because Sup Forums said they were good

Watching let's plays/""long plays"""/streaming is just a friend simulator for low IQ depressed weirdos.

Go outside more. Get a real hobby. Grow up.

This shit right here
>like to stream
>can be streaming for 6 hours, talking about the game, it's mechanics, lore, ect and just relevant shit without just babbling on
>no one's talking in chat or even watching really
>say somthing about my life and not even remotely connected to the game
>autisticly come out of the woodwork and want opinions and life advice and sperged on about being scared to be a functioning human

Literally twitch is full of some fucking friend hungry losers.