Hello I'm looking for a game kinda like Stellaris, but good. Help me Sup Forums

Hello I'm looking for a game kinda like Stellaris, but good. Help me Sup Forums

Try out Stellaris

Imperium Galactica 2

endless space 2

fpbp

Stellaris isn't good ?

Just wait until Paradox releases 300 dollars worth of DLC then Stellaris will be good.

Spore has planet destruction

Old fashioned, janky, and lacks politics, but Star Ruler was pretty good. I spent months on the first one.

It's very deeply flawed at least

it's comfy, but it gets quickly boring

What about Emperor of the Fading Suns? I must confess I haven't found the time to play it myself quite yet but a few people whose opinions I trust have recommended it to me and it does seem interesting at first glance.

It's as deep as a puddle

Even official forums are full of people bitching about it

It has the worst midgame I've ever seen in a strategy game. Hour after hour of fucking nothing happening.

And when the endgame comes, you steamroll over whatever thing the game throws at you

But you can't create your custom race, can you ?

Distant Worlds Universe

sins of a solar empire

basically stellaris with the annoying colonization mechanic but the influence/culture system is a little more intuitive and kind of important late game

better research trees than stellaris, goes faster and isn't semi-random

worse diplomacy, I think you have to send emissary ships to neighboring space to grind favor and the bartering/bounty/mission system is broken with AI. better off just killing everyone that doesn't start out allied with you

wormholes let you bounce across the galaxy or go intergalactic

pirate bases are a big deal, you can pay bounties on other players to make pirates raid them a lot.

global resource market so you can buy and sell at any time

lacks race designer, you have to pick from 3 races with 2 factions each

superweapons and flagships and better defensive platforms make combat a little less spammy

Try sins of a solar empire. But it's more like a space command and conquer if I remember correctly

Stellaris 2 years from now

Lawful evil

Chaotic evil

*2 years and $156.83 worth of DLC later

>$156.83

Oh, it'll be more than that.

there's people who don't pirate paradox dlc?

Distant Worlds: Universe is the best in the genre for now. Don't expect pretty graphics though.

Sword of the stars. The first one.

It has the depth of a petri dish, just like every other fucking paradox strategy game.

I wanted to play Homeworld recently but I heard something about the remastered edition on steam changing the game, is that true?

moo2

Endless Space, Galactic Civilizations, Distant Worlds

Every official forum is full of people bitching about the game

these yellow aliens are over half the population of the galaxy
is pretty annoying to discover

Yeah. We call them "retards"

I'm too autistic for that game, the AI cheats with schematics, and the developer is so lazy he didn't skin the goddamn windows xp windows

Not in as detailed a manner as Stellaris, but you can create custom factions. Those custom factions are made up of:
1. An existing faction you choose to visually represent you and the main quest you have.
2. A bunch of traits that you can choose as you wish.

It's good but lags like fucking shit and the combat is god awful

God awful combat in a 4x in which you are at war most of the time makes the game automatically shit

the only bad thing about Distant worlds is that it could use some flavour events about you civ similar to stellaris

Is it Gizurians ? the insectoid race. I tend to end up launching a genocidal war against them at least once per game. The fuckers breed rapidly on captured planets too