What's the stupidest reason you've gotten stuck in a game Sup Forums?

What's the stupidest reason you've gotten stuck in a game Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/Jf9IogzVvbM?t=3h43m30s
youtube.com/watch?v=l_u18_BKczg
youtu.be/C7GXOjlshqg?t=3h54m42s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

give me a hug

One of the older Tales games where I kept resetting the game after dying only to find out that I was meant to lose the fight.

Spent like two hours on it.

fucking jedi outcast

Wario land 2, you can jump higher by pressing up + A, but you can achieve the same thing by double jumping, so I never knew that or needed that, until a part of the game where you shrink and HAVE to make a up+A jump because you can't double jump when you're small.

Make me a sandwich?

Got stuck in RE3 Clocktower music box puzzle because I didn't realize there was a "Play" button at the end. Just thought I was doing it wrong constantly after hitting End.

Pokemon Ruby. Had just cleared Slateport city and was ready to move onto the next zone. Only way forward was on the bike way, but I didn't have a bike yet. I bummed around for like weeks thinking I'd missed something earlier in game. Eventually found out you just walk underneath the bike way.

In Wind Waker, when you have to get the jelly monsters out of the giant tree. How was I supposed to guess just rolling Link's tiny butt into that giant ass tree would be enough to make them fall?

This has happened to me multiple times in multiple playthroughs.

It will probably happen the next time I play the game. Something about that puzzle is poorly designed.

i didn't check which version i downloaded and the older version i downloaded doesn't have a path to a certain item needed to finish the game and all the guides to the older version have been updated and i have no way to find out another way

THIS GOD DAMN PART
I JUST WANTED TO RIP THAT LITTLE SHIT IN TWO

That part in Phantom Hourglass where you had your map in the bottom screen and an imprint at the top screen.
>Had to close the ds physically while on this state to place the map on the imprint
Fuck this came without any past similar situation or instruction, in the middle of the game.
Lost so many hours going by myself to the spot on the map and trying to fish the item, but no, had to do the closing thing. I got it one day out of coincidence, since I closed my ds to go somewhere while the map was on.

>Playing Resident Evil CV
>Up very late
>Half in a daze so tired
>Fall asleep playing
>Wake up in the more walking into a wall
>Have no memory of how I got there
>Can't remember which way I came from
>Don't know if I'm part way into a puzzle or not

I could not figure out what point in the game I was at

nooOOoo

i got stuck for a good 30 minutes 2 times in dark souls 1,first the lower stairs after demon firesage,i went up and didnt even see the other way goin down,and second i didnt see the switch to open the ladder hatch on duke's archives to crystal cave,i have a problem with the fov in this game

wait a second...

I stopped playing SMRPG for years as a kid because I didn't know I was supposed to literally ram into the door in Marrymore with Bowser.
I thought I was supposed to find another way in while he flies into it over and over like a retard.

there was a door in this game where activating the door didn't do anything, but you had to hit small console right next to the door, and the camera angle was so fucked it wasn't visible at all.

I didn't know you could sprint in Super Meat Boy

There's a level with a gap you can only clear by sprinting and jumping. I heard the game was balls hard before playing, so I just assumed you had to find a secret or the jump had to be pixel perfect.

took me some time, but no longer than 5-10 minutes? maybe they explain it more obvious in german

Man DC2 is surprisingly fun and still holds up quite well.

Are you serious? They literally tell you to press your map against it. Your map is at the bottom of the screen, the other at the top. It's not rocket science.
Had the french version and took me like 5 seconds. Maybe the murica version is obtuse or something.

In cave story my save before the final truest boss in hell had 2hp out of like 40
I had to farm hearts off angels and only got to the second stage of the boss one
I had stupidly used my fairy bottle in the normal boss fight

>playing sacred 2
>keep dying because i cant healthpot in time
>hotkey for healthpot is [SPC]
>press the button s p and c nothing happens
>find out months later its supposed to be the SPaCe button
fuck did i feel stupid but i never heard anyone before or after that game call it that

I didn't know that the only thing that would damage him was the Silver sword.

I'm a brainlet so the entirety of REmake had me scratching my head. I eventually beat it, though. Took me 1 month. Haven't touched the series ever since.

>getting stuck in games after the internet became popular

When I was a very wee boy, I played Sonic Adventure 2 and I stopped at Rouge's pyramid mission. The wandering scarabs that moved around and shot lasers scared me.

I couldn't figure out the frozen forest maze and gave up.

I later learned that using a gameshark made the maze impossible to complete.

>game tells you to sit down
>can't find the sit button

>being so underage that you didn't play video games before the internet became popular

You're dumber than DSP.

I got stuck in Pokemon SuMo for an hour and thought my game softlocked because I couldn't get out of bed.
The D-pad did nothing and I never tried the circle pad. No other button did anything.

Stuck in the first dungeon in skyrim because i thought the corridor i walked down was a dead end but there is a chaim you have to pull. I walked around for hours. Next day a friend said he did the same thing.

Why would they do that? What is there, a character limit? Lmao

I remember fucking myself in FFIX by trying to use a Gameshark to master all abilities, but it instead made the game assume all abilities were equipped at all times, even when I tried to load the game up without the gameshark.
All my physical damage dealers healed enemies and bosses because they all had that Garnet ability that makes your standard attack heal instead of deal damage permanently embedded in their skulls.

Had to start over after learning a firm lesson about gamesharks.

>implying i implied that

youtu.be/Jf9IogzVvbM?t=3h43m30s

DAT FUCKING LADDER

I runned through the 100% cleaned area for like 30 minutes without noticing it. I was almost thinking some scripted event didn't trigger or something.

Every fucking dungeon I get sick of bumping into walls, get stumped, look up map, find out it's one wall I missed in a fucking corridor hugging them.
Every fucking dungeon it happens, worst mechanic

I'll never understand this joke

The joke is that they literally tell you the answer to the puzzle.

Really? This all makes sense now, thanks.

Huh, in the spanish edition nothing was mentioned anywhere.
muh artificial difficulty

>RE games
>too afraid of the spiders to progress
just finished RE2 today by just running past them really fast
>the ones on the ceeling near the waterfallthing that run
legitimatley made me uncomfortable, even worse was the fact that one of my friends watched me play through the entire game via steam stream, theres no music in the game though. are there any bonus items for the PC version?

Rng fucking me.

translation fuckup in Beyond Good & Evil that changed the price(in pearls) of some upgrade to a number unavailable to the player at this point of the game, I ended up having to download a patch for this

>game tells your wife to sit down

first time i played fft, i didnt realize i could place more than just one character on the prebattle map and tried to play with just ramza. i just figured that japanese kids were amazing at video games. now i have hundreds of hours sunk into fft.

The first Rayman game there's a level in Picture City where you have to run into a bounce platform and jump through a bunch of sharp pencils. I kept walking into the platform trying to make these elaborate jumps to avoid every pencil but kept getting killed when literally all I had to do was run and the jump would take care of itself.

Took me a few months to figure that out.

"Finally a smart game for a smart gamers"

When you receive a mysterious message in the Glitz Pit chapter of Paper Mario:TTYD telling you to go to "the watering hole", I walked around the small pond of water outside the pit for hours before I learned that you actually have to go the Bar that's right next to it

honestly, I just bruteforced it. Googled it later on, made me pretty mad

youtube.com/watch?v=l_u18_BKczg

if you are having trouble at horologium is understandable. but anywhere else is pretty easy senpai.

Depression simulator 2016

GRAVEL
IN
SWIMSUIT

kek

I could not figure out how to get out of the house in Pokemon, right at the start, it was my first RPG like that.

Also in the same game I never made the leap about going back through the warp pad in Silph Co in order to get past the one in the corner at a right angle.

Am I dumb?

>spiders

Literally the easiest enemies in the whole trilogy. albeit they are startling as fuck since they couldn't make em anymore gross than being the furry and darker type but, once you see that their AI is even more bugged than Zombie dogs, they look more like lost ants than dangerous tarantulas.
Black tiger is a fucking beast tho,
making it spray 5 acid drops instead of the regular 1-2 makes for a whole different situation

I managed to accidentally stumble across perhaps the only way to get irrevocably stuck in La Mulana because I was so determined to avoid using any guides that I missed the Holy Grail, entered the Temple of Moonlight, fucked up the shortcut, and saved my game. Oh and I only had one save file.

I did eventually finish the game without a guide, but that experience put me off for like a week.

The Sorrow section in MGS3

How the fuck was I supposed to know I could open the menu on a gameover screen.

I spent like half an hour on the last fight in Ocarina of Time because I didn't think Zelda's advice about using the Master Sword was literal.

IIRC you can use the tooth at literally any time, it's just good to do it only after reaching the sorrow for his camo or whatever.

yes they're easy but i just get uncomfortable when seeing them.
>having headphones on with loud volume hearing their "footstep" noise
~~~ew~~

I literally couldn't finish Ocarina of Time because I couldn't figure out you were supposed to go inside the deku tree. I ran in the maze forest for hours and kept trying to dive in the pool

>I did eventually finish the game without a guide
timestamped pics of notebook or it didn't happen

>playing phantom hourglass
>get to the end of the dungeon
>"we need to somehow get this symbol from the top screen down to the bottom"
>can't figure it out
>close my DS to go look at a walkthrough
>mfw reading you're supposed to close your DS to get the symbol to move

Silent hill1 at the piano part, still have no idea what to do

>playing this jrpg
>many bosses have gimmicks that make an otherwise almost impossible fight doable
>fighting a boss
>get my shit pushed in
>reset the game as soon as my last character dies
>keep trying for over 2 hours
>give up and start chatting with my friend
>look back to game screen
>it was one of those "you're supposed to lose" battles

in 1995 I played secret of evermore for the first time. then i made it to antiqua and had no idea how to progress the game.
i was seriously stuck there for a month, going back and forth across the desert thinking that's what i had to do.

i had no fucking idea you could switch to the dog so he could jump the chasm and let you get in that little barrel lift to take you to the pyramid area until i went to barnes and noble and found the guide book for secret of evermore there.

mgs torture scene

>notebook

What do you mean? Like, the notes I took for puzzles and stuff? I threw those out ages ago, I played it in 2014.

Played Far cry 1.
Started falling of a cliff.
Where going to press quick load (F6)
Press quick save instead (F5)
Last save where hours ago.
Never rely on only quick saves.

I figured I was getting a standard death from screwing something up. I assumed there was some way to beat The Sorrow or escape from the dream that I was missing.

>Playing persona 4
>Deplete final boss health bar but it doesnt die
>I think it's a scripted fight so I die
>Game Over

Reloading my quicksave in AvP2 in the Predator Campaign over and over again. You get stuck in a lab and get "killed" by superior firepower and some gas. I tried everything until I gave up and waited for the end screen to shut the game off just to realize that it continues after that scene.

>danganronpa
>last case
>you have to press and HOLD the x button to pull the trigger
>I was spamming x because I didn't know
>lost over 20 minutes clicking like a retard
>mfw

it's not a puzzle retard

>stupid
Nah nigga, some of those puzzles are lateral as fuck.

could't my jump button on snes controller

This. I was a dumb kid who didn't bother reading shit, and so I spent the next four weeks grinding my starter from level 5 to level 45 off fucking rats and birds.

In Paper Mario I couldn't figure out how to get off the Pause Menu

Not if they tell you the answer it isn't. Guess it's a "cinematic experience" then.

Jesus Christ I hate that shit. Vanitas in KH: BBS was the worst. His actual bossfight was piss easy, but the post fight segment took me like 10 tries to beat.

>ctrl+f train

I got stuck on the mission where I had to follow a train.
I genuinely tried very hard, and it didn't work for very many attempts in a row.

Hahahahahahahaha you fucking retard

ebin maymay

No meymeyz, I was legitimately stuck on that mission.

At the start of tomb raider legend theres the seesaw puzzle in pic related.

Basically, you have to weigh down one side of the see saw with a box, jump on the other side and propel the box up on to the ledge.

I weighed down the seesaw with the box and tried to jump, hit the top of the other side of the seesaw but it wouldnt move. I spent hours trying to find another box, trying to go to other rooms to find an item, trying to mess around with the seesaw but nothing would work.

My friend bought tomb raider legend at the same time as me but was completely confused as to why i couldnt do it and told me he just jumped off the ledge on to the seesaw like i did.

It turned out that you have to jump from the right angle from the platform to trigger a unique animation (that looks very similar to the normal animation) of lara jumping on to the seesaw to catupult the box that isnt used AT ALL in the rest of the game or ever again. Really shitty design. Instead of using actual physics for the puzzle they just use a trigger for the animation to play when you jump.

I was stuck there for about 2 hours.

You can't get stuck there unless you REALLY want the pleb Meryl ending.

That damn tower in AC 2 during that flashback with Altair.

The train mission being hard is a total meme.

In an early alundra dungeon there is a puzzle that asks you to place 4 rocks on a floor panel. You are just supposed to stack all 4 rocks on top of each other on the panel. I did not realize that so I spent a week going crazy and trying all kinds of stupid shit. Stuff like 1 rock on and then off at a time, one on each corner, jumping on the panel with each rock in my hands etc

youtu.be/C7GXOjlshqg?t=3h54m42s

The "close the DS" trick got me both times I encountered it. The zelda map and the world ends with you.

Maybe not stuck but...
I didn't realised until like 2 hours in that you have to put coins in trading table in fallout 2. I always thought that when I sell something and it show how much it's worth, it will automatically give me cash, just like in New Vegas.
Not until I tried to buy leather jacked I finally figured it out.

After losing Nina in Breath of Fire I couldn't figure out what to do so I read a guide for making a potion to cure an amnesic Nina in Tunlan.

For some reason I thought the Princess of Tunlan was the amnesic Nina and kept trying to give her the potion and never found the house with the actual amnesic Nina until I played the game again years later.

When I was 3 years old my father bought me my first console, a sega genesis with sonic 1.

It was the first game I ever played and I couldnt understand why I could kill every enemy with one hit but not this robotnik guy, so I got stuck for weeks until I realized I just needed to hit him a couple of times.