Is this any good? Apparently it just follows the plot of the first two games. Heard the games did it better

Is this any good? Apparently it just follows the plot of the first two games. Heard the games did it better.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/68JweELFjlU
youtube.com/watch?v=l6R0gc8pnmE
youtu.be/5f6LgbNUuPI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

The anime is trash, but the second op is godtier. It butchers a lot of things and isn't worth the time. Play the games.

It skips the last case of the first game (since it was add'ed as a "extra case" in the DS versions)

But yeah its alright

No. Only in very rare instances of taking liberties from source material and having not completely shit animation.

It's pretty shit but the second opening and the Cornered remix are amazing.

youtu.be/68JweELFjlU

Girls are cute in it.

If you played the games theres no point to watch

Plot is more or less the same, but the mood is absolutely shit. Do not let the anime be your first experience of AA unless it is your life mission to be a pleb.

Play the games first.

It's pretty likeable in places if you're really into the games - it's better to see it as additional character content (there's some cute added scenes) rather than its own standalone thing.

They did two cases (the third cases of the first and second games) better than the games, though, by just giving them another writing pass.

i already played the games but i feel like its maybe not worth it if its just the exact same

i found it okayish, as in 5-6/10 and I LOVE the games, so maybe its not worth your time, the jokes I wanted to see didnt appear and the ones I recognized from the game and made me laugh were poorly delivered. Tried too much to be faithful to the source material while butchering a lot of stuff, shoulda tried to be more original like said, only good thing to came up from the Turnabout Big Top arc was the explanation of how the murder ocurred.

I will never not like a remix of Pursuit Cornered.

Thats some good shit.

Worth it for WHATSYANAME

>We will never get an OVA series on T&T

Just play the games user. Even the movie does the adaptation job better.
After you're done with the games, you can take a look over the anime, it did some nice bonuses, and Maya is cute.

It's meh, but it does completely save the Circus case of AA2, if it's any consolation. As in it's much better than in the game.

god damn Cornered is so fucking good, I pretty much decided to not play the other games because I don't believe anything will top the music in the first one

It's has it's charms and moments, it's pretty faithful to the games so it's like you can take your pick though I like the games a bit more than I do then anime.

That scene where the smacked their heads on the glass in the visitors room was just adorable.

The new material exclusive to the anime is great, such as actual animated portion of Steel Samurai in 80s anime style which looked great, all the new character interaction scenes are endearing, the extra backstory for Phoenix's, Larry's and Miles' childhood was also nice.
And finally, the 3rd case of both AA1 and AA2 is much better in the anime than in the games, especially the AA2 one (Circus).
Definitely worth a watch if you liked the games, but it's in NO WAY a substitute for playing the games so play them if you haven't.

this, 100% youtube.com/watch?v=l6R0gc8pnmE

the animation is a meme, that's the only redeeming thing about it and

Its good, but i definitely don't recommend it to people unless they played the games. I wanted a friend to watch it, but im pushing them to play the first 2 games first. The original episodes are good, i liked that they went into the backstory of Wright/Edge/Larry's middle school days. I just wish they would have done some slice of life filler every once in awhile for some added humor.

Its not the exact same. There are added bits in between, while others already mentioned some original episodes, and how Big Top was pretty much re-done to be a lot more bearable than the original. Lotta and Larry also have more screen time during certain cases.

>Lotta and Larry also have more screen time during certain cases.
That's not a good thing unfortunately.

I don't know if it's an AU but I feel like they changed far too much for it to be an adaptation.

>Heard the games did it better.
Well, of course they did. They had time to flesh things out a while lot more. But this is animated and voiced and that's cool. It's good for fans. You wouldn't watch it otherwise. Watch it with proper subs to get some of the glorious Nippon jokes that were burger'd out of the games, you know for variety.

Larry having that moment during the 1-4 case was good imo. Lotta being a temp sidekick during 2-2 wasn't that bad, although her character is supposed to be annoying, so its a mixed feeling.

They have to work with 25-26 minutes to shove as much into an episode, you can't go in expecting them to put in every piece of a case and have 1 case turn into more than 5-6 episodes. So yeah, they had to cut to fit everything into the time they had and the amount of episodes they wanted. Of course they could have put more into the budget for the show, but its fucking Capcom, so what can you expect.

It's like the steins;gate anime and game. Anime was what brought it into the mainstream, but the game was deeper in terms of storylines and plot.

>its fucking Capcom
lol nailed it, the cheapskates

While Cornered is my favorite theme, there's other good music in the other two you're missing out

Also Cornered comes back in the last case of T&T

youtu.be/5f6LgbNUuPI

More like Grisaia actually

I've listened to some of the other games but none gave that same amazing feeling as Cornered did when playing while you're laying the smackdown on the suspect

It makes the shitty cases of those games better and makes the good cases of those games worse

>They did two cases (the third cases of the first
Nah. That case being bad at all is a meme, it almost has backtracking issues in the investigation segment as bad as 1-5 and 4-3 but it's otherwise a solid case.

Oh sure, I like 1-3 too, but you can't deny that anime version has way better pacing and some nice character moments. Maybe calling it better is a bit much (the Edgeworth moment is probably better in the game), it's still a rewrite that worked out very well.

1-3 isn't that bad, 2-3 is definitely worse and the premise of 4-3 was shite as well