The reason watch dogs was downgraded (along with Siege and Wildlands) was so it can run nicely on consoles

The reason watch dogs was downgraded (along with Siege and Wildlands) was so it can run nicely on consoles

The reason skyrim had so many graphical cut features (actual cloth physics, the better ambient occlusion, better water shaders they advertised before game release) was also due to consoles

Witcher 3's graphics were also downgraded

The reason you see dumbed down controls in newer videogames is so that controllers can handle them

The reason you don't see good AI anymore is because shitty console CPU can't handle them

TLDR consoles are really holding us back
>discuss

who wants to suck me off

nice reddit spacing

someone suck me now

>ubisoft games
literally who cares
>bethesda games
literally who cares

actually watch dogs looked better, they had the files to make it look good, and they're still in the game, they just took them out intentionally so that people wouldn't think the console versions were instantly inferior (which they are and anybody with half a brain already knew that)

>conveniently ignores the last two points that happen in almost every new game

>consoles are holding us back

It's not consoles, it's multiplats.

If consoles were holding you back, why do PS3 exclusives from last gen look better than any modern multiplat game?

Consoles make up a large part of the playerbases and sales. So yeah, they're going to cater to them.

Also why would you want to only cater to one platform, especially one that pirates the fuck out of everything?

99% of pirates are
>north africans/arabs
>eastern euros,russians
>south east asians
>south americans

do you know what these places have in common? two things
>nobody cares about paypal, credit cards or online payments in general (which is why only a minority of them have credit cards and the rest go rabid of F2P games)
>videogames are not set for their standard of living (a 60 dollar videogame makes up to 1/10 of the lower-middle-class guy's salary in shitholeistan)
so it's very hard to get into video moneywise

In other words, it's not because they don't want to buy, it's because they CAN'T buy. if you somehow find a magical cure to piracy your sales will not go up because the pirates were not going to buy it in the first place, because as explain above.

>>south east asians
you mean"just asians" right

Hell yeah dude, pc master race. Fuck those console peasants
*Spins fidget spinner*

>paypal
Its a shitty and scummy service

it's just an example of online payment

but please explain?

The reason most of those games even exist is because consoles

At least you are getting Star Citizen, a true PC exclusive right?

Why would you remove features instead of disabling them for consoles?
fucking consoles

It would be iPhones and $200 laptops instead if every PS4 and Xbone disappeared

*raises paw*

do you guys think he did this for a meme
i bet he has nothing in big booty hoes

>Its a shitty and scummy service
explain how please

do your own research or you can continue using the pay jew if you want, literally couldn't care less

>Why would you remove features instead of disabling them for consoles?
because consoleniggers who make up to a respectable percentage of players, will get butthurt, and since they're autistic, terrorism will probably ensue.

>The reason most of those games even exist is because consoles
keep telling yourself that

>this dogshit post

is reddit spacing superior?

I don't like them but it beats giving credit card info to random websites

alternatives?

God he needs to make more of that.

BBC is the future in hentai.

I pirate games because i don't want to pay for them. I haven't gotten in any kind of trouble, never got malware either.
It's free shit.

>uteral tattoos
Literally the best

it's not that you don't want to buy, it's because you CAN'T buy 'em, third world shitter.

PC bros buy full price early access survival games full of microtransactions that will never be finished and they have the nerve to blame console players for the state of gaming.

t. cuck

>implying the best doujins aren't the ones with sluts that are vanilla
It's like you don't even have taste

>gettin turnt with handfaggot.jpg

>Why would you remove features instead of disabling them for consoles?
Because they aren't PC assets removed for consoles, they are console assets that didn't work. When you develop games you start out with what you WANT, then you fiddle and fine tune balancing what you can get out of the hardware AND MOST IMPORTANTLY what you can get your art department to make in budget and on time. The Watch Dogs deferred lighting, HDR, high res craziness was incomplete and buggy. They obviously bailed after someone realised that even if the engine guys got it to work on a stock Xbone, the art team would be in for a world of hurt.
Sometimes it's features that suck to implement. Like remember HL2 Lost Coast? Very cool HDR effect, but it was a shitter to process the map for HDR. In the end they did ep1 and ep2 with HDR, but it was a version they could do in a more reasonable time frame.

I feel I've seen that reaction face to OP's image a hundred times
what's with this deja-fucking-fu

Everything you've said here is objectively true. What is there to discuss? I don't hate consoles, but there is no question they're holding games on PC back.

>there is no question they're holding games on PC back.
I disagree. Out of the main categories of PC hardware the stuff you play your games on doesn't have much utility for anything else. Your 1070 + i7700K is a poor match for office tasks, 3D rendering, audio workloads, non-game programming, scientific simulations... but it runs console ports a shitload better than the PS4. Your gaming box is a more expensive console that exists because you want more than the PS4 provides and nvidia, amd and intel are happy to provide. Without that console baseline, PC hardware would stagnate.
DX12 and Vulkan didn't exist until the multi-plat developers made fun of the shit performance on PC and even then they were years late. You think microsoft and Kronos would have got off their lazy asses without that?