Fatty takes on PUBG bans and microtransactions

youtube.com/watch?v=t-f5BiWxOSc

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=t-f5BiWxOSc
steamcharts.com/app/578080
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I'm sure the devs will just have to wipe their tears on their blankets made of sewn-together 100 dollar bills every night

Thank god for Jim Sterling

>First link within the Youtube link is his Patreon

Hmmm...

>8 likes
So this is the power on gaming media

Weren't the loot boxes just some temporary fundraiser for some event? Are they even still around? On a scale of lootbox shit that seems pretty benign.

I like Jim but him getting an Islamic tattoo is a bit too much.

If he got crushed by an islamic truck of peace it would honestly be poetic justice.

Better to die because of your toxic self destructive ideals than some random 5 year old kid that had nothing to do with it.

Jim Sterling is such a monumental jackass that I find myself disagreeing with literally everything he says out f principle.

I can't think of a more disgusting, unlikeable human being. He isn't mentally ill enough for me to just ignore or disregard like Chris chan, he's just such a repulsive fuckwad I hate everything associated with him. Yahtzee is also a sad little cunt, but he doesn't come close to Jim.

What is it about the Escapist and being so utterly revolting?

The loot boxes literally do nothing, it's all cosmetics
They're such a non-complaint, other than the fact that they detract from the development of the game somewhat

He got an cresent and star tattoo? Why in the fuck?

and all of the expensive shit sticks out like a sore thumb and puts you at a disadvantage

>Sup Forums is defending Jim Sterling now

Absolutely disgusting. You fucks doing a 180° and sucking his dick when he slammed BOTW was also nauseating.

Not when pubfags are getting a taste of their own medicine.

He's a Brit so of course he's cucked to death.

It's not just SJW, it's a mental illness at this point.

>Le lootcrates is bad maymay

No. Lootcrates you can't resell (Overwatch, Hearthstone, Halo 5, Gears of War 4, COD since AW, Battlefield 1, LawBreakers, Shadow of War, etc) are cancer. TF2, CSGO, PUBG? That's consumer friendly, I can earn money selling them and if there's a particular item I want, I can just buy it instead of praying to RNGesus.

>Sup Forums defending the fat fuck
>2 posts in this entire thread
>only slightly positive about him

whatdidhemeanbythis.jpg

I don't think he slammed BOTW, he criticized it for a lot of important stuff
Game's still good, it's just got a lot of flaws

>The loot boxes literally do nothing
>it's all cosmetics
>m-microtransactions are fine, guise
>especially in early access too
>mmmm, I sure do love the taste of shit

This, selling those crates for £2 a pop when they're extremely easy to earn is pretty neat, enough that I don't know why people are buying them and not just playing the damn game to get them.

I had a thought just a week ago. Say if liberals for some reason wanted to glorify other religions, they would know better then to have a gay Christian or Jew, because they know those religions do not believe in gay love and see it as a sin. Yet a TV show just came with a new character that is Lesbian feminist. I think they really do believe Islam is a race and not a culture with their own values and taboos.

>defending microtransactions in any shape or form

Literally the cancer of Sup Forums.

are they really microtransactions if you can't actually buy them with money?

Lootcrates are bad if you require items to open them or can't get them via regular gameplay. The re-selling value is extremely low unless you stumble upon a discontinued crate series, but even then it would probably be at several dollars at most.

get with the times gramps
microtransactions are here to stay, if they're you're dealbreaker you're gonna miss out on a lot of great games

Can you fuck off with this shit. People say this LITERALLY EVERY TIME. even though they have ruined the game LITERALLY EVERY TIME

Fuck off back to your communist shithole and bang some sticks together if you hate making money so much.

How?

This.

To be fair, cosmetic microtransactions are usually fine with Sup Forums, but not when the game is still in early fucking access.
That just spells out, "We don't need to finish the game anymore because we now have a MT cash flow."

>not gleefully gunning down the money wasting retards wearing the gaudy shit from lootboxes from a mile away

It's like you don't like fun.

>pay $30
>free servers
>updates
>expect to get all that for $30

You get that after a short amount of time they lose out on this deal right?

There is a reason every online game has micro transactions.

Counterargument, youre buying a full priced game where the player will literally look like a fucking poor person unless you spend MORE money on the game you already bought.

Why is it ok that you be treated like second rate shit for buying their game.

They literally do nothing but add clothes that don't affect anything in-game but your physical appearance
I mean if you were complaining about dev time being taken away to make more clothes it would be justifiable, but since you're just bitching about their existence it seems so weird

You got it wrong m8.

Nobody is denying shit publishers from destroying their games with loot boxes, they are free to do it.
And we are free to laugh and ignore shit games with those things.

>it's all cosmetics
Why do people act like cosmetics are not one of the most important parts of a video game though?

Do you think the playerbase for this game would be the same if all the cosmetics were of Japanese school girls in pink sailor fuku's?

Get gud you baby streamer snowflakes with zero fucking skills

user you unlock boxes by playing normally
I have a beanie, a yellow jacket, a black shirt and blue ass jeans and I haven't bought a single crat, played about 60-ish hours
Ur dumb lol

this would be an acceptable argument. if the expensive cosmetics were things like form-fitting digital camo suits. instead they're highlighter yellow tracksuits and miniskirts.

looking poor actually gives you the advantage in pubg

Just wait user, they'll do what every single macrotransaction game does and have exclusive purchase only cosmetics.
This happens in every single game.

In this particular case though the money from them isn't going back into the game, they were funding for some Gamescom event so what's the biggie?

this is why we can't have nice things

Loot crates bother me because there's no control over what you get. It's a bit better in Overwatch because you can build up currency and actually buy what you want, but the sheer amount of loot crates you need to actually get that thing is absurd in most cases. Hell, someone could buy ten loot crates during a special event and not get one skin. How is that supposed to be fair?

Why do people let themselves go like that? I can't see it as something else then willingly destroying the one thing that the world has giving you. It's like a blasphemy to life itself. Why would anyone willingly make him or herself ugly?

>get your ass whooped
>use e-celeb points to get the guy who's better than you banned
> Sup Forums will defend you anyway

Kucks n gobblins

>youtube.com/watch?v=t-f5BiWxOSc
I haven't been up to date. What's wrong with Yahtzee? Is he a self hating male ultra feminist cuck too?

>destroying their games with loot boxes
pretty sure overwatch is happy with the sales number.

Who cares, it's just like a shirt or a stupid hat that does nothing to affect your gameplay experience

you would think they would finish their fucking game first before doing any of that nonsense

Hr ugliness is the least of her problems. She seems like the most obnoxious, insufferable cunt possible.

Because they think they're proving a point, something about how standards of beauty are apparently just some sort of illusion that we've tricked ourselves into liking.

>I like buying full priced game so the developers can make me look like a fucking retard while pandering to whales
heh, hooked another one

Reminder that any game that has the loot box/key gambling shit is for idiots.

Stop playing them.
Stop buying them.

>White guys are boring
I could see the point, but you can't really change the status money making quo
>no one can even do african-american movies right, look at bollywood or Tyler Perry movies

>WAHHH WAHHH You're all idiots because i said so!!
>WAAHHH
anything more pathetic than manchildren like you?

I don´t get it.
Who cares if idiots want to spend their money on cosmetics?
I´d milk those retards dry as well.

What's gg's stance on him? Us he an ally or foe?

loot boxes have been in the game since pretty much day 1 featuring cosmetics

but the loot boxes are purchaseable with in-game currency that you get from playing the game

but they added a locked loot crate for Gamescom were the key money went to the tournament prize pool and similar.

this box is now removed since gamescom is over and the only boxes available are the ones that are purchaseable in-game

reminder that the only people that benefit from pubg whales are the person selling the overpriced miniskirt, and valve for the cut they get from the steam market transaction

>people thinking for themselves instead of just hate bandwagoning him
it really makes you think

wtf I love PUBG now

Internet detectives are so sad. Literally on the level of those they try to shit on

>defending loot crates in any form
Why do I still browse Sup Forums

hi r*ddit

>loot boxes give me free gaben bux

yeah jim, it's real bad. let me tell you wut

the old jim theme was better

hi r€ddit

> thinking your pretend money is worth anything

What? You mean skip out on attending big videogame events and advertising their videogame? Yeah that sounds like something the developers of a videogame should do, you idiot.

>he gets free money
>PUBG was free for him bc of crates

sure pal. have a you. enjoy the console you got

Same, the fucker could say the sky is blue and I'd say he's a colossal twat for saying it.

>Play the game
>Get crates
>Sell them for like 1 buck
>Use said buck you earned from playing the game to buy whatever stuff you want
Most stuff in the game is cheap as dirt, I bought some pants a tank-top and military boots for less than 40 cents, thats half of one of the cheapest crates, gamescom ones are worth 3 bucks right now.

well instead of me using my debit and credit card to buy hollow knight and sonic mania, crates paid for them.

>mfw you're salty console owner ass can't tough my fav gayme right now
>mfw you will pay 60 bucks on console just to play it
>mfw you will keep shitposting till that time

lol keep posting in pubg breads kid. you are doing Gods work

They've made well over $100m after Valve's cut and they can't fund a $350,000 prize pool?

steamcharts.com/app/578080

I don't like that it was only "partial proceeds" of just the keys bought in-game. Why not the keys, crates, and items sold on the market as well.
For example, let's say the crates sold for $2 and sold 2000/hour with the devs 5% cut. That's $115,000 the devs made off of the crates alone that should have gone towards the event.

I'm glad you care user. how much do you REALLY care tho?

give me a you

And Valve can't afford their International?

tell me about the gameplay user

>the most important part
It's not.
It is important, the way you, other players and things look is important, but it is in no way the most important part.

Why would I need to? You have access to the internet. Form your own opinion about the game, you don't need v to hold your hand. you must be that queer from last night. give me a you.

not an argument

here ya go.

>THIS GAME MAKES ME SO TRIGGERED
>SHOW ME GAMEPLAY ANONS
>SHOW ME THAT IT'S GUD, I WAS TOLD IT WASN'T
lol you're pathetic. it's a fun gayme. live to gayme.

How do you literally omit one very important keyword from the line that you are quoting to say something that has nothing to do with anything?

wtf, you are a piece of shit

No idea how the Dota 2 International works, but doesn't almost all MT money go into the prize pool?

There's no chance PUBG made as little at $350k from MT being one of the biggest games on the planet.

this

>cosmetics are now not important
ok contrarian.

>company wants to make more money
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOW

Fuck off you disgustingly obese sack of dog shit

Most def this

I agree. Anons will be buttmad regardless though.

I'm convinced its console shitters who can't get their greasy controller hands on the game.

>>Le lootcrates is bad maymay

They objectively are.
Instead of getting the thing you want directly you have to gamble. How is this pro consumer?
When you have to pay (or grind) for these lootboxes it becomes even worse because then it's 100% designed to milk you of more money (or the grind would push some people to buy) than an individual purchase would.

You even SUGGESTING that they're pro consumer marks you as an ungodly retard.

Console players can't sell their stuff. They are triggered.

>Instead of getting the thing you want directly you have to gamble.
>When you have to pay (or grind) for these lootboxes it becomes even worse because then it's 100% designed to milk you of more money

Huh? I paid 30 bucks for the game and made my money back within two weeks of playing. Never put another dollar into the game and just keep gaining steam bux by selling crates. You're retarded.

>In this particular case though the money from them isn't going back into the game, they were funding for some Gamescom event so what's the biggie?

eheheheehehehehehehehehehehehheeh

>they won't pocket a good chunk of that money
>they won't keep releasing them after this
>you actually believe the words of moneyhungry jews

Loot crates are cancer but I still kind of like it when they are marketable. PUBG already paid for itself for me. I play the game, don't give a shit about my character's clothes, and sell the crates I earned for free.
I want to hate the practice, but I can't deny that I'm benefiting from it since I got a free game and possibly even more out of it if these Gamescom crates keep going up.

oh i get it, he quoted arguments against his opinion in a silly voice and did comedy reaction cut-aways, so i know that he defeated them with his superior intellect

bravo

>don't give a shit about my character's clothes
I literally run around with undies and that is it. I don't get why people give a fuck about cosmetics. I'm happy to take advantage of it though, free steam bux. feels gud desu senpai

Wow, it's amazing how you didn't raise a single counter argument against mine yet delude yourself into thinking that you're not mentally handicapped.
Quite an achievement.
What's your next trick? Killing yourself? I look forward to it.