Half Life (1) Thread

What do you think of Half Life?

Way better than Half-Life 2. Felt larger, loads more interesting enemies, spawned CS 1.6, They Hunger as well as a shit ton of content in general.

I loved it until I got to Xen.

Half-Life 1 and No One Lives Forever shaped my vidya childhood. So HL1 is good in my book. I still play HL1 maps in Sven Coop with friends.

Love it to death. HL2 and the episodes can't fuck off far enough.

Oh god, I'd forgotten about They Hunger. Damn that was a great mod. Even now, I can still remember the lyrics from the end song.

The author also did a mod called USS Darkstar that was pretty rad.

Just another below average fps game with bad graphics.

They're waiting for you user. In the contrarian chamberrrr

It was my favorite game of ALL time prior to Breath of the Wild .
So fucking replayable, goldsrc is amazing.

I prefer the way it tells the narrative over half life 2

Is Half Life 1 the first example of artificial difficulty?

>replay the game last week
>deaths from enemies: about 5
>deaths from not being able to detach from ladders properly: about 20
>constantly die or take damage from bits of a corridor exploding on you or a walkway randomly collapsing

Breath of the wild is pretty uneventful and shallow

>beaten multiple times by ladders
There is no excuse for this, user.

Half Life 1 is pretty good as well as all the mods it has, plus it spawned at least three different vidya. Half Life 2 and the episodes were just glorified tech demos, they weren't bad but in terms of story and the like Half Life 1 shines a bit more. Both are good in their own ways. A lot of deaths I had in 1 were bullshit though, such as ladders, but it's goldsrc so it should be expected.

>he needs to die 20 times before he understands how the ladders work
No user, you're just fucking stupid.

>constantly die or take damage from bits of a corridor exploding on you or a walkway randomly collapsing
Stop speedrunning then if you have no fucking clue about scripted events.

I like it because of how well it controls and how good movement feels in a full 3D space.
The only other games I can say that about are HL1 and MGSV.

I just played through Half Life 2, episode 1 & 2 for the first time, completing it in 2 days. wow, what a great fucking game it is.

>Half Life

*Half-Life

Good games, HL1 was definitely better but I respect what they were going for with HL2 and the episodes.

There is no excuse for the amount of delicate platforming in a game that uses Quake style movement where it feels like you're on rollerskates

You're supposed to be careful and watch for environmental hazards. It's written on the fucking box.

Never had a problem with HL's movement, and genuinely don't understand why some people did.

Hold shift.

One of my all-time favorite games. Could use less bullet sponge enemies like those alien giants.

Where's the other half?

Why
If I was in your shoes I'd play one game per year

Planning to replay it soon. How do I get over my phobia of headcrabs?

Doesn't do anything particularly well, it's a mediocre mindless game that you play once and forget. Hard mode is garbage.

You don't have a phobia of headcrabs.

>HL1 and MGSV.
Spotted the 12 year old.

Hey at least Xen had you fighting aliens instead of those Spec Ops douches in OpFor. Seriously that final stretch was such a pain in the ass.

The weapons in Opposing force were so good, though. Penis Christ.

Mod them into something else?

Played it like a decade ago for 10 minutes.
It must have bugged because the first security guard wouldn't open the door for me.

memories of playing sven coop

this so much

never played it, neither have you

stop pretending to be oldfags Sup Forums

Oh boy.

I have unfinished Worldcraft maps that are probably older than you
Whooo boy, took the bait