wew

you mean tomorrow for everyone who didnt preorder

i didnt preorder and i am playing today

how?

g2a
$1 for beta key

Release 24 October?

For pc. Console is next Wednesday.

I hated the first destiny. It was so boring. I hope this might atleast be better on pc. But one thing that would really make me preorder the $500 edition, is if you could play as a fallen. that shit would be so cool.

Isn't warframe basically the same thing ?

ree

Tuesday.

is there an open beta coming?

>No race selection
How am I supposed to ERP as a cute Exo girl if we're all humans?

>caring about about mini game shit in an mmo

Retard. Does the beta already have the first raid?

I was really hoping for fallen guardian in D2, too. But I think they wanted to fix all the stuff they didn't in D1 before adding new stuff. D2 seems like the game they wanted D1 to be. Hopefully, D3stiny will add a lot of cool stuff to the formula. Like playable Elinski.

nah its more like diablo/wow with shooting mechaincs.

tomorrow

>Have to pre-order to play today
>Going out with my girlfriend tomorrow for a few days
Come on now, Jews. You need to target this to ME.

>no new classes
>no new races
>no improved customization
>areas are still shitty little small zones you revisit over and over
>still can't actually fly your ship
>still the same shitty player count
>literally ZERO noteworthy additions or improvements
This is the most half assed fucking sequel of all time, it's the same god damn game. I hate it because I was really excited for a Destiny 2, I liked the first game. It wasn't very good but it had serious potential to be an amazing game if they improved some stuff and added things, I really wanted to see a sequel realize that but we get this rehash garbage.

> paying for beta

leave normie

honestly it just looks like an expansion

doesnt look like an improvement at all

Are the third classes in? I miss my stormcaller.

I never played the first Destiny and this interests me.

How does this compare to other MMOs, could anyone just break it down to like one paragraph or less?

I'm not excited at all but I do want to try it so I don't get tricked into buying another shit game by my friends. How big is the beta?

16gb

psuedo MMO with open world portions but instanced 'dungeons' and raids. Loot and shooter. Less focused on stats and character customization than other MMOs.

>preorder
>get beta key
>cancel preorder

What race is best and why is it Exo?

>Have to pay £40 straight away

Closest we're gonna get to a FPS MMO. It compares actually pretty good to other mmo's. Only like 1 or 2 raids release a year but they're fucking godlike and top quality.

Why even ask the question? The beta has so little content that of COURSE everyone will play both.
PvE is just a single Strike and PvP are 2 game modes with a map each.

So do you think that the game is worth the 60bucks that they are asking for?

>Paying a dollar for a beta when you can just preorder from Amazon for free and then cancel the order when you get the key

>Only like 1 or 2 raids release a year but they're fucking godlike and top quality.

This Destiny raids are by far the best raid in any mmo.

I just pre-ordered on Amazon, and cancelled the order once they gave me my code. I'mma roll a hunter because that's what I played on PS4 for like 200 hours I plan to stick to pve stuff because pvp in destiny 1 was butt unless it was iron banana or trials of osaris.

Does it have the tanks/healers/DPS etc..

How long did it take you for them to send a code?

No, way different.
That's like comparing Warframe to FF14. One is more focused on killing hundreds of weak minions and getting constant little loot variations (much like Diablo), the other is more structured with Dungeons and Raids as its end-game.

While yes technically Warframe has "dungeons" and PvP, they are both incredibly shitty and barely anyone plays them or thinks of them as the core of the game. Each game has its own advantages and disadvantages but they truly can't be compared, they don't fill the same niche at all.

Warframe = Survival and Defence modes (mostly)
Destiny = Raids with bosses and actual party synergy on voice chat, and PvP (mostly)

Did that guy just destroy a space ship at full health with a knife? Wow what a great game.

no and thats good fuck games with healer and tank meta cancer literally makes the game low skill.

There is no holy trinity, if that's what you're asking. Everyone does damage because everyone has their own guns, but every class has their own way to provide support. One guy puts up a shield wall, one guy can drop an AoE that buffs, and one guy can sidestep.

it has almost no PvE content

I think they're stupid. It's all such forced teamwork. Makes you feel like a bunch of rats in a box trying to figure out how to get the cheese. I'd rather just fight a big boss desu.

But that's an unpopular opinion of an antisocial. Grouping up with randoms and trying to finish raids was far and away the worst part of the game for me.

This is sounding pretty good. I've been burnt out of MMOs for years and gonna give this a go.

Did the first game have a lot of dungeons? Cause running dungeons was my favorite thing about MMOs.

>one guy can sidestep
the skillest of skills

it's not THAT bad since it's kind of easier to understand and doesn't require a static group unlike other MMOs, which are worse experiences to this autist
hell, might be easier with text chat since it has it now apparently

>raids
>strikes
>dailys
>no PVE content

???

>antisocial
>plays mmos

why?

Gotta tell ya, I'm excited by the prospect of 60fps Destiny.

Destiny and The Division are both cut from the same cloth as Borderlands, except they have more emphasis on being a multiplayer experience instead of merely a singleplayer game that can be played co-op. If you played the original Phantasy Star Online, Destiny will feel vaguely familiar to you.

they're called strikes. they get repetitive fairly quickly but they have different modifiers to it every week, so there's that. The Raids are where the fun is at.

These games should be considered like Diablo if they were a first-person shooter (Destiny) or a third-person cover shooter (The Division).

Whatever you do don't go to the /vg/ thread. Absolute cancer there.

think im gonna use my leet skills to sidestep an overpriced DLC platform that went backwards from ~4 years ago

How does pre-ordering work with Blizzard? Can I pre-order for the early access then refund after beta is over?

Well is it 3 or 5 hours user?

And hey, if neither Destiny 2 nor current-day The Division appeal to you, there's always Anthem next year. If you're willing to keep your options open, I mean.

Does it have the character creation? Can I make at least 2 classes? I wanna try both Titan and Warlock and I need to make waifus.

do hunters still have big butts

There's no direct comparison to Destiny in the MMO genre, the closest you can get is GuildWars (the first) plus WoW/FF14.
The way maps, campaign, instancing and lobbies work in Destiny are quite different to any individual MMO/pseudo-MMO

There is no trinity but there are class synergies. It's up to your firends to decide how to face a challenge though. On Raids you have teams of 6. Some bosses requrie you to split by half or thirds, so you build buddy-squads for each fight. Boss fights are puzzle/platformer/phase based where responsability is assigned to each player, rather than just using aggro mechanics and healers.

Strikes are the closest thing to a WoW dungeon, but they are shorter. Usually 2 bosses per Strike. They don't have a weekly limit so they serve as something to do on repeat after a while, although the first few times are still fun.

However there's a weekly challenge that gives you good gear from those Strikes called Nightfall. Basically the Strikes become much harder with random modifiers to them. Since you have 3 character slots you can do 3 Nightfalls per week.

Raids in Destiny are also shorter than WoW raids (party of 6) but they are just as fun IMO. The first time you do it, if you go in blind, may last for days. I remember the first raid ever took me and my friends 3 days to complete (of course due to scheduling issues not all of us could play together all day long). Although we were underleveled and undergeared too. Another fun part of Raids is to discover all hidden chests (pic related).
Raids themselves also have a hard-mode with better loot similar to Nightfall in Strikes. You can complete each raid 3 times per week.

>next year
heeeh, I don't think so. I'd be surprised if there were no delays at least.
also
>Bioware
>EA
>we know for a fact development time was wasted on cinematic interactions and advanced facial animations, on a fucking MMO
nah I'm good.

I've never played the first game. Will it matter?

You can make 3 characters and yes you get to pick what your toon looks like

>raids
1 raid, that's it until season pass content in 3 months and each DLC will only add 1 raid.

>strikes
You'll be pretty disappointed if the beta strike is anything to go by

>dailys
1 campaign mission per day with a modifier

It's literally Destiny 1 all over again even down to the cut season pass content and DLC release plan.

no

>toon

Nah. You'll be at a disadvantage in PVP, though not by much since gunplay actually did get some tweaks even if people say otherwise. Biggest indicator of if you'll do well depends largely on how good you were at halo 2 and 3.

I played Destiny 1 you retard. Strikes are more fun than any dungeon in WoW.

While I can't speak to Destiny's exact structure, The Division works in much the same way, although anyone can equip certain skills (and an ultimate Signature Skill) and talents out of three different skill trees to create your own loadout that, combined with your gear, lets you fulfill multiple different roles in a squad.
>Medical tree lets you pulse enemies to see them through walls and get a damage bonus, drop a targeted AoE heal or a deployable that automatically heals, and the ult provides a massive heal and free revive to all allies in your squad
>Tech tree gives you damaging skills like a sticky bomb, a personal turret or a seeker mine that rolls towards enemies, and the ult massively boosts your squad's damage and fire rate for a few seconds
>Security tree gives you defensive skills like a personal ballistic shield you hold in front of you that draws threat, deployable cover you can duck behind, or improving the cover you're already behind, and the ult provides major damage mitigation and prevents lethal damage
Each skill (outside the ult) has a subvariant you can equip. You can only equip up to two skills and one ult at a time.

You don't customize your toons do you?

In Bungie's own words, no. Everything that happened in the first game is considered "issue #0," if you think of the games as a comic book series. Destiny 2 is when the story REALLY starts.

Pre-ordered the digital deluxe edition via battle.net, do I get emailed a beta key or is it automatically attached to my client?

>everything involving Oryx and the Hive is less important than some shitty Cabal invasion

This is possibly the dumbest thing I've heard about the game so far.

Sounds like you suffer from a severe case of buyer's remorse to me. You probably bought the game 3 times.
Bungie ain't fooling me again. Fuck their jew tactics. My copy of destiny 1 is absolutely worthless because I don't own any dlc. I lost all access to dailies, weeklies, monthlies and even a bunch of PvP gamemodes.
Go have fun with your 500$ scam that has one week worth of content (already counting in future dlc of course, when it releases it'll be only 3 days just like the first) at max.

>Staten's Frankensteined work is considered the pilot
>now the REAL story begins

Wew lad, I can not wait to see how bad they fuck this up.

>toon

youtu.be/EHVtZsCZ1TA

Is the loot system still the same completely random bullshit? Like finish a nightfall and kill more/die less than anyone and the slot machine gives me upgrade shards yet the other 2 guys get some of the most rare/sought after gear in the entire game?

Because if it's still like that the game can fuck right off.

So is the game actually releasing on the PC and will it have cross-console functionality?

It's barely an mmo. I could easily enjoy almost the entire game without grouping up or chatting.

I don't know anything about this game, do we have to choose between PVE or PVP?

>So is the game actually releasing on the PC
no

Destiny 2 releases on PC in mid-October, a month after the console launch. There will not be cross-platform play.

Yup, welcome to every MMO ever. And people think that's a good thing.

Don't forget when they release a new raid the old one becomes immediately obsolete.

I don't know if I'd call the 24th mid-october.

TIL that Firefall is dead.

What ever became of the dream that it once had?

Hundreds of players fighting together in an open world against a horde of AI?

Instead we get watered down shit like this with 4 player fireteams.

Bungie would be retarded to let that happen again though.

Fine, late October.

Titan.
PvE with my Destiny 1 crew on PS4,
PvP on PC

Avid Destiny player on both ps4 and xbone. Not sold on PC version yet. No cross play... All my friends are on consoles. I sold all my consoles.... I don't want to be lonely guardian.

How is it retarded? It forces people to buy the new shit if they want to stay competitive. Or to continue grinding. All of which are good things for bungie.

there'll be plenty of us on PC

Stupid dumb dragon slayer scum.

The biggest concern you should have is that it's still being published by the activision half of actiblizz, and they have a long, fabled track record of not giving a fuck about hackers. I'm super wary given the latest few call of duties having hacks carry over from the beta and still function. It's the division all over again.

Yes and no. Still RNG drops, but guns now have set perks with mod slots that you can add additional features to a gun. No more looking for the rare roll on the rare gun, just need the gun. So same shit with less stink.

>All of which are good things for bungie.
Nigger, are you from Bungie?

So, when's the BETA starting for german fags?