What would you like to see in a new Motorstorm?

What would you like to see in a new Motorstorm?

Would you even want a new one?

Make it like the first one, just better. No character selection bullshit.

isn't it a bit too essential by today's standards?

I guess. Add more.customization?

This and also cut down on the story elements. The first one was great because it was just a series of races at a cool festival, nothing more.

I don't remember any of the motorstorm games to have a "story"

did anyone even enjoy the catastrophic elements in apocalypse?

Apocalypse had a lot of cut scenes explaining the story, they were all done in a comic book style.

what about some fucked up mechanic like the no-gravity of mario kart 8?

and how's that a bad thing? I mean, if you skip them it goes back to be a race after race game, doesn't it?

Totally forgot about them btw

For me personally, I didn't think the story was anything special and I just found it unnecessary.

Just combine all of them, including the Arctic game as well

Apocalypse was too bombastic. Make another game like Pacific Rift, focusing on open race courses with multiple different types of vehicles. and 18 player races

no new mechanics?

I don't think you could sell for 69.99$ something like that these days

Then sell it for less than that.
Pacific Rift is one of the finest racing games made, and it owes that to open courses and its heat system. Apocalypse, in a desperate bid to be 'bigger and better' just made so many of the tracks set-piece messes.
Just give it a simple 'Season' theme with Winter/Spring/Summer/Autumn tracks, loads of vehicles, some customization and 18 player online.

Exactly, but I will say I kind of like the first more than Pacific Rift because of a few memorable maps.

never played a motorstorm title, is Pacific Rift a good point of entrance? What is the heat system?

Pacific Rift is best entry in the series.
Heat system is the game's boost mechanic. You can use as much boost as you like, but will fill a heat meter. Entering bodies of water and getting sweet air cools the meter. If you overheat, the vehicle explodes and is sent flying (and if the wreckage flies over the checkered flag it counts).
The tracks all feature big jumps and multiple routes through the course.

Have no clue why Sony canned the series, especially when the PS4's line-up is still weaksauce.

>(and if the wreckage flies over the checkered flag it counts).

this sounds amazing, people pushing their cars to the limit in the final straight regardless of what happens to the vehicle

I'd really love a 4k remaster for ps4

heck even just a porting

I found Pacific rift to the hardest in terms of handling. Apocalypse was good but gets a bad rap

I love the series. Top 3 racing game series