Diablo 2

Anybody else still play this game?
If so what's you favorite
>Class
>Build
>Item customizations

Also anybody got tips on farming items?
Sometimes grinding for hours on baalruns can be an absolute nightmare and not an enjoyable experience

I want to play it for nostalgia but don't have the official copy.

Any decent private server?

>Class
Always sorc coz muh teleport.

>Any decent private server?
slashdiablo
[spoiler[>in b4 gb2plebbit

No but really, just play 1.13 PlugY with Single Player.

Try running kurast chests for high runes, I've heard this ladder it's very generous. You want a sorc or enigma for this. What runes you can get depends on the number of players in the game, there's a table for that somewhere on the internet but if you're not looking for anything specific any combination should be fine.

zealadin

I haven't played it since they nerfed Javazon back in like 1.04 or some shit. I miss spamming lightning javelins into crowds that caused chain reactions of electricity until they all died.

I always start off with a Skelemancer. He's solid as a solo or party character. Decrepify, Clay Golem, and a bit of cold damage will lock down most bosses and keep your minions and party members alive. The only slowdown happens in the Maggot Lair's tunnels when going solo. A point in Dim Vision can save your ass in Hell mode when ranged attackers become a real threat.

As for item farming, I tend to hit the highest difficulty of Travincal/Meph/Baal as my character allows, though Meph drops off in Hell mode if I don't have Teleport available due to Durance 2 becoming fuckhuge. There's also The Pit in Act 1 of Hell mode, as the monster drop levels are exceptionally high and the mobs are nothing you shouldn't be able to handle.

>But, user! Worldstone Keep is fuckhuge, too!
Yes, but the enemy drops have the potential to make up for it. I've gotten a fair number of endgame set and unique items off standard mobs due to their high levels -- often times getting better gear in the run itself than I get from Baal.

I tried to get back into it the other day but it felt too slow.

I fear I may have become plebeian.

I'm running through Grim Dawn DAIL mod at the moment with the max spawn rates; feels like a good middle ground between Diablo 3 speed and Diablo 2 playstyle.

Amazon Ice Maiden.

What's stopping you from that? Java has been one of the top builds forever.

Isn't that build expensive as fuck to do any sort of damage? Most bows are borderline useless with their pitiful damage.

I will buy the HD version with QoL improvements and proper high resolution display support

>actually enjoyed Diablo 3 after all the updates/expansion and with adventure mode
>enjoy seasons
>buy necromancer class because I've wanted to play as one in D3 for ages
>it plays like complete ass and just feels underpowered

>Class
AMAZON
>Build
LIGHTNING JAVELIN
>Item customizations
THUNDERSTROKE

>decades ago trying amazon for the first time
>making a bowazon, some guy is helping me with the stat skill build
>he thought i knew about how to do basic itemization
>try the build, not doing any fucking damage
>he asks to see my weapon
>it's a shitty magic bow with +cold damage or something
>guy deletes me from friends
then i played sorc for another few years before learning the game properly

Underpowered? Haven't played it myself but I saw some streamers beat rift 98 like it's fucking nothing.

>Diablo2:LoD
>Negromancer
>Bone Spear build

Most fun I've ever had.

Fanazealot is where it's at
Dps for the win

Yeah but players can do that with pretty much any class. I just mean in terms of playing for the average person, it felt underpowered; I must admit I never got a full set or anything with it.

I also didn't like the set bonuses for it; too much reliance on cooldown skills, which I never really like for any ARPG characters ever.

I really enjoyed playing as Monk, Demon Hunter, Crusader & Wizard

user but wiz is all about cdr. And crusader too to a lesser extent

I only turn it on to prevent my characters from expiring. For all I care, I finished it when I beat hell baal.

I guess I played Wiz wrong (I never used archon because i found it boring af) and crusader I didn't mind as much because 99% of the playstyle is stacking thorns damage anyway.

I only got up to tier 40 with wizard

I honestly don't believe anyone on Sup Forums plays ARPGs anymore. There's not even an ARPG general on /vg/.

Super annoying because they're the only games I ever want to actually discuss because of the build options and shit.

For instance I love Grim Dawn but its impossible to actually discuss it on Sup Forums and the official forums are shit.