What's the big deal?

What's the big deal?
It's really fun.

PUBG is better.

It really is. Pic is highly related

>Muh heroes.
>Muh not Q3.
>Muh Overwatch. (Ignoring that OW is a copy of Team Fortress, which was born as a Quake mod.)
>Muh MOBA (which as a RTSfag I find retarded.)

have they made a mode without the abilities yet?

Yea, it's called Quake Live, but you didn't play that, did you

You purist fags are re-tar-ded. There are plenty of muh pure arena fps and none of you play them.

>re-tar-ded
el reddito
ID makes a new quake and you tell them to go back and play the older ones? that's not how you shill. why wouldn't quake arena have a classic mode without the abilities thingy. it does have one, right?

>Yea, it's called Quake Live, but you didn't play that, did you
i did though

>you tell them to go back and play the older ones?
Because they will find something to bitch about no matter what.

answer my question

>being bitter about bitter Sup Forums-fags
are you...reddit?

>tell them to go back and play the older ones
In reality, that's what these people want. Everyone says they want something new, but nothing will ever live up to the nostalgia. I feel the same way about counter strike, but at least I admit it and still just play 1.6

Netcode makes it unplayable for people on anything other than fiber, if they somehow have a better than average connection they'd have to cap at 60 instead of the advertised "unlocked" due to how much upload it takes to play at 144 and above.

$20 on Steam while its still free through BethesdaNet

QC is a half-measure. It makes no sense to make classes and then give them all literally different physics

It also makes no sense to have classes in a game with no loadouts, weapon pickups, and tiny maps. Also the hitreg is trash.

If you want to be an arena shooter, be an arena shooter. If you want to be a class-based shooter, be that instead.

The best mix of the two right now is Lawbreakers

Its pretty fucking fantastic.

I don't know how people play champions not named Slash. Her crouch slide is like half the reason I play.

>while its still free through BethesdaNet
Only if you were in beta

tfc was half life mod, not quake

uhh no

underage detected

Team Fortress started as a Quake mod.

Team Fortress Classic for the original Half-Life came after.

Because people dont want gimmicks, they want complimentary abilities.

Visor, Ranger and Anarki (Minus hearing him talk) were the only ones worth playing, need to check out BJ and Doom

>starts billed as a beta for a F2P game where you buy/unlock classes
>goes early access for 20bux
>still worse than Lawbreakers as a class-based shooter and still worse than QL as an arena shooter
Who is this game for

There's like 7 states where weed is legal now.

>Lawbreakers

Sorry about what happened to your game but thats not a reason to shitpost. Maybe it should have taken things slower like what Quake has been doing with its long beta and subsequent early access periods.

>people who don't like what I like are just shitposters!
If you think QC is gonna do any better I've got some bad news for you

but user

This new Quake is total shit and Quake Live is actually good

How do you fuck up hitreg in CURRENT YEAR

Why can't we have new quake like on cross platform game engine that works.
Like build quake as mod on top of warsow or something.
Quake live is shitty browser game. Quake Champsion is shitty "modern game".

For the game's asking price, I have to agree with this.

They're not even comparable games

People have already harped on the shit hitreg and the retarded way they implemented classes and movement, but here's the real question

This is your main menu? Seriously?

What the fuck is going on here? Who designed this?

Who had the balls to say "Fuck the last 30 years of design conventions, I'm gonna make my main menu confusing and terrible! In fact, I'll make every last element take up 90% more space than it needs to!

QC is visual mess and you have no idea what the fuck is going on because you can't see shit.
Meanwhile even quake live perfectly clear with no additional bullshit.

>yfw that pic is now canon.

What the fuck are you even complaining about?

ya know, i hate when people say this
>you can't compare game X with game Y they are completly different!!!
yes you can, they both cost money and are videogames.
just because things are different doesnt mean you cant compare them.
i can say cats are cuter than dogs, only thing they have in common is being animals...

thats literally the UI of 80% of all free to play games.

>reading is hard
The UI and menus in QC are terrible and amateurish to the point of hilarity

Even MOBA menus are more coherent

I know what you said but you're not really complaining about anything, just bitching for the sake of it.

I don't think Quake is for you if you're unable to navigate and comprehend that menu (which has been updated since you took that picture by the way).

It takes about 5 seconds to figure out

>they both cost money and are videogames.
Those are literally the only similar traits of these games

>anime poster
well that explains it

>I don't think Quake is for you
Nigger I've been playing UT and Quake since you were a twinkle in your daddy's ballsack

QC is a joke

it's time to go and stay go

Notice how Sup Forums isn't in those boxes?

I'm sorry your autism keeps you from having fun.

everyone please go play quake live it's dead it needs more players go please now

>Zenimax billion dollar publisher.
>Putting their game in early access
Quake died long time ago, but this just buried it under concrete

Going early access is particularly desperate since the plan was to be F2P but they can't fix their shit and they're apparently out of money

They've also had more than a year to get their crappy saber tech engine working right but that's not happening

QL and Ratz Instagib remain the best actual arena shooters

(what the fuck is the point of classes without set loadouts or weapon limits?)

>Lightning Gun: The Game

>(what the fuck is the point of classes without set loadouts or weapon limits?)

Because champions are entirely secondary? The passive/active abilities from your champion are a bonus not the all-deciding factor in gameplay. Are you ok in the head?

>The passive/active abilities from your champion are a bonus not the all-deciding factor in gameplay
>your movement physics are not the all-deciding factor in gameplay

>your movement physics are not the all-deciding factor in gameplay
Uh, it's not

>they're apparently out of money
Then why did they just organize a Million dollar tournament for it ?

Everyone keeps saying the Arena shooter genre is dead because people don't care about it.
In fact it's not, they just need a new game, on a modern engine with working netcode, and some normal marketing to bring in noobs, not this esports bullshit.

They aren't. This isn't a MOBA where what character you're playing matters more than your own ability to play.

If you think that's a mess, you haven't played Battlefield 1

The character you play as only offers very minute differences to another character. As such, the character you play as doesn't determine your playstyle or 'role.'

The absolute state of QC shills

You can't even play your own game right

Anyone that doesn't understand this clearly hasn't played the game

>I pretend to be good at arena shooters but don't think mobility type is the most important factor

It may be the most important, but it's not the deciding factor

I know you're very much stuck in your own way and have zero interest in discussion and just want to spew your dumb memes and reaction images endlessly but the least you could do is actually read the fucking posts.

Just pick the champ that works for you then, visor is good since he doesn't have a movement speed cap for strafejumping.

The fun gets absorbed by one guy with 10 years of experience.

QC is F2P

I know you're very much stuck in your own way and have zero interest in being good at arena shooters but the least you could do is recognize the massive impact different acceleration schemes have on class viability

oh well why don't you point out the criteria of how many traits something can share to be comparable.

Duel requires you to use 3 different champions.

I won't go into the whole "it sucks compared to previous quakes thing", but the netcode alone makes it completely unplayable. Early access, beta, bla bla, but this game currently has the WORST netcode I've ever seen. Runs like doodoo too.

>sights are on target
>fire and miss apparently
>meh, must have twitched
>shoot again
>miss again, wtf game
>miss again
These fucking hit boxes are busted

>QC is F2P
For limited windows, for people who got a key, through the beth launcher

For the general public QC is now 20bux on early access because they saw what happened to LB, know this shit is DOA, and they want to pump as much money from its festering corpse as they can

love all the faggot millennials coming in saying its not that bad or that other games are worse so its fine. jesus fuck give people medicocrity for a few years and that's all they will remember exisitng

And? How does that counteract my post? I never said mobility wasn't important. What is your goal here, what are you actually trying to achive?

Good thing there's a grand total of 3 viable champions, then.

Make sure you buy them for only 14.99!

Then learn 3 different movement styles, it isn't hard.

when is Sarge coming?

>what are you actually trying to achieve
communication, but apparently I'm talking to some kind of typing plant matter.

hey I know Ill call him autistic that will make me win my argument

>bitching about a menu
>not autistic

Never.

Swithing from quake to xonotic to warsow to some other fps is the worst feeling because the fucking movement system is different.
The classes having different base speed alone is enough for me not to play more than one champion. QC duel is currently unplayable because of it.

>all these containment boards
You have even less excuses to shitpost here.

>Sarge

Move over.

>Be Bethesda
>Have perfectly good engine for a shooter that was used to make Doom
>License third party shovelware engine anyway
>Oops it runs like garbage
>Oops hitreg is unfixable
>Oops we made something worse than what was made 15 years ago

Quake 1 came out
>BOOO THIS IS NOT DOOM EVERYTHING LOOKS SO BROWN I'M GOING BACK TO DOOM
>Quake 2 came out
>BOOO THIS IS NOT QUAKE NO CTHULHU SHIT FLYING AND NO NAILGUN IM BACK TO Q1
>Quake 3 Arena came out
>BOOO THIS IS NOT QUAKE NO SINGLEPLAYER NO Q2DM1 BFG10K IS GLORIFIED RL IM GOING BACK
>Quake 4 came out
>BOOO THIS IS NOT QUAKE SOME CINEMATIC SHIT IN SP SQUAD DINGLING NEAR UR ASS WTF CROUCHSLIDING I AIN'T LEARNING THAT SHIT I'M GOING BACK TO Q3
>ETQW came out
>BOOOOO THIS IS NEITHER QUAKE OR ET NO FREEWARE IM GOING BACK
>QL came out
>BOOOO NO MODDING SHIT NO BLOOD IM GOING BACK
>QC coming out

and the story is getting full circle...

Kek

it looks like shit its a valid complaint. criticizing something isn't autistic behavior. I honestly don't know what autism or cuck mean anymore

Does it not use the ID engine?

How garbage are you? Jesus.

It uses Sabertech.

>it looks like shit its a valid complaint
It's been changed

You can stop shitposting your stupid pasta and then samefagging replies to it in every QC thread now.

it's great

what makes this place more sacred that shittposting should be deflected. its video game board you asshat. easily the most faggy immature board on the website

Considering he's even able to discern that different "heroes" use different movement physics, he's probably in the top 5% of all prospective players.

The vast vast majority of the gaming audience doesn't know what strafe jumping is and barely knows what bhopping is, its technical issues aside QC is too mechanically obtuse to ever catch on. Ever.

oh well I guess they listened to some of those "autistic" people afterall

Reminder. A fucking reminder.

>The best mix of the two right now is Lawbreakers