>2017
>medieval 2 is still best game in the series
>warhammer mod is for free, has much more content and has better core gameplay than total war warhammer
what went wrong?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Uv9fYQbCBUg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Warscape Engine.

>medieval 2 is still best game in the series
>better core gameplay than total war warhammer
Opinions. I disagree.

>let's scrap this engine that allows physical interaction and personal combat on a massive scale between massive armies and replace it with one that just lets blob entities come in contact with other blob entities and start playing out kill moves according to dice roles until one blob runs away
How did this happen?

It's okay user, not everyone can be smart enough to see the difference between a good but old game and a pile of shit covered in ice cream sprinkles

Med 2 has a shit UI and diplomacy. Empire is the obvious best. Shogun 2 is weeb shit and Napolitano doesn't have much going on. Haven't played Rome II but I remember it being a clusterfuck mess when it was release

Empire/Napoleon are the least awful of the warscape engine games because it was absolutely not meant for melee combat. I don't know why they thought it would be totally fine to keep using it when they moved back to games with melee warfare

I agree, if by old but good game you mean Rome 1 and by pile of shit covered in sprinkles you mean medieval 2.

Melee combat was awful in Empire and it didn't become "good" until Attila (Shogun 2 kinda gets a free pass with samurai film-esque aesthetic, complete with blood effects straight from the finale of Sanjuro, in which case honorabru duelling kinda works, plus Fall of the Samurai is more range-focused than even Empire/Napoopan so it subverts the problem pretty much entirely anyway) but units behave better in Total Warhammer than they ever did, minus units getting stuck or refusing to use their weapons and all the other shit that was present in Rome/Medieval 2 in addition to their admittedly fundamentally more sound combat engine.

Because maybe they thought the old engine didn't do musket warfare that well, it wasn't a coincidence that the next game after M2 was Empire and coincidentally the worst game in the series.

>nostalgia - the post
Care to elaborate how M2 is so superior? I loved the game as well, but the newer TWs have their own merits.

>tfw no total war: mesoamerica

Medieval II: Total War: Kingdoms

M2's expac? Too much Indians though

TW has more playability, all the races feel completely different and playstyles are fun
Problem with older historic titles is that all the factions feel basically the same, some just have better archers, horsemen and so on

>What is Medieval II Total War Kingdoms

shit

>has an engine that works and allows for dynamic battles
>isn't dumbed down (and it's not like the total war formula was that complex to begin with)
My only complaint about medieval 2 is the sheer amount of non-military agents on the board, many of which are just minor variations of each other, that bloat the turns and have generally pretty minor effects.

Well M2 has the best mods

Which TW has the best Game of Thrones mod?

Personally I think Attila was the best melee TW, I still play M2 just because I can DEUS VULT.
I hope Medieval 3 is just Atilla with a medieval coat of paint.

Best historical total war is shogun 2. Also why play this when ck2 is a all around superior game.

MTW2 had the best overworld

Building forts in choke points was the shit

because underneath the veneer of nobility simulator, the actual strategy game is the same paradox trash as always, which has all the depth of a puddle.

Wahammer = Medieval 2 = Attila > Atilla w/ Charlememe Expansions = Napoleon > Rome 2 = Empire

I mean exclusively focused on it.

*w/o

Kingdoms was shit because it had a realistic amount of unit variety ie none.

How are M2 battles more 'dynamic' than TWW battles? Even heavy cavalry charging into the back of light infantry just rubs against them for a bit until they die, rather than plowing through and carrying momentum.
And what has been dumbed down other than (arguably) settlement management? If you want more of that, go play Attila or a GSG.

>CK2
>litteraly half of the map is DLC-locked

Rome > Wahammer = Medieval 2 = Attila > Atilla w/ Charlememe Expansions = Napoleon > Rome 2 = Empire

ROME CONQUERS

>rome
ye...zzzz

When will CA ever make things like this again?

Rome 1 is the most overrated game in the series by a large margin.

>which has all the depth of a puddle.
Compared to the game with no diplomacy or feudalism system and your allies of 30 years attack you because your peaceful border unprotected.

>he didn't play Europa Barbarorum
I know it's a mod, but it's so great that you should definitely play Rome 1.

I can see that point, it's difficult to compare Attila and Total Warhammer with all those giant units and legendary lords behaving much different to units of a hundred or more. Anyhow, Attila is quite clearly the point where Warscape melee combat pretty much caught up to what older games did well, and it's far less glitchy and has various new mechanics like FOV restricted by terrain on top of that.

Because CK is good at all the boring shit eg politics and shitty at all the cool stuff eg battles.

OP just abandon hope for the series. Any game they release in their new engine will be impossible to run, lacking in depth and DLC ridden. Just return to the first four games as they're all good (Shogun 1, Medieval 1 & 2 and Rome 1)

I want to be able to field a million soldiers

in a game that's not Dominions

probably after they're done experimenting with consoles and mobile gayming

A historical game is in the works. You'd know this if you actually gave a shit.

I'm talking about visible armor upgrade

>warhammer mod is for free, has much more content and has better core gameplay
Sorry, but you are retarded. Reskinned units are not "more" content, Warhammer has the absolute most truly unique content out of any and all TW games, most functional faction variety, most gameplay mechanic variety, the absolute best tactical depth in combat which also makes the combat the best in the series and is also the most balanced TW game ever, which is proven by the multiplayer being more alive than it has ever been.

I'm sorry your shit game and your shit mod are no longer played by anyone, but that's just how reality is. Oh, and since Warhammer has the absolute best combat in the series, it's also the absolute best game in the series, since nobody in their sane mind plays TW games for the "map painting" mechanics that are severely dumbed down compared to actual "map painter" games like CK2 ;)

>more playability
game doesn't encourage playing battles yourself, sieges are shit, city managment is shitl, building slots suck. nowhere as much content as in call of warhammer

>>medieval 2 is still best game in the series
it's worse than Rome, you pleb
>has better core gameplay than total war warhammer
so wrong it hurts

Honestly I can't compare with Warhammer just because I've got a shit PC and I couldn't play it yet.

Nah, medieval 2 is better than rome for several reasons but chief among those is that rome is a shitty era.

>The quality of posts is extremely important to this community. Contributors are encouraged to provide high-quality images and informative comments.

>I'm sorry your shit game and your shit mod are no longer played by anyone
>10k players of difference for 10 years old game
Are you retarded?

>The quality of posts is extremely important to this community.
It is, that's why you should never post again.

I don't think Dominions physically supports a million units. At some point I think the unit count was restricted to 2^16=65536 and while it was changed, I'm pretty sure it's not a million.

I'm pretty sure Attila is actually more demanding than Warhammer.

Med 2 had embarassingly bad collision and controls, cant believe this meme still persists.
It even has killmoves, but they look like shit and don't line up properly.

xbonex supports mouse&keyboard now, when we will see total war on console?

To be anywhere near manageable you'd just be issuing orders to a few Generals, it'd be closer to a gsg game or Risk.

also being unable to split units is so shit idea that its beyond shitty

>game doesn't encourage playing battles yourself
How? Just because you can abuse autoresolve doesn't mean you must
City building is something I can't really comment, to me it has always been just a means to get higher tier units, tho Medieval's town and castle system was nice

>10k players of difference for 10 years old game
If a game is good, it will be played by the majority of the series fanbase regardless of its age. Medieval 2 is trash, Warhammer is the best game in the series. That's just how reality works, cuck.

>shitty game
>11 year old game still played
I want to see Warhammer in 2027 you fucking faggot

Hopefully never so they don't get cursed with this trainwreck of a franchise

>M2 Multiplayer
>"the rules are 2 cavalry INCLUDING GENERAL, no handguns, no cannons, no horse cavalry, no more than 3 and a half archer units, and no super expensive elephants either!"
>8 stacks of armored swordsmen, 4 stacks of pavise crossbowmen every game

Fuck that.

>rome is a shitty era.
Compared to the era that everyone was accualy covered in shit.

Why does everyone hate Empire?

Medieval 2 is fucking dogshit
That piece of shit doesn't work, like in any way at all

10 years of mods couldn't fix that broken turd, take off your rose tinted faggot glasses and stop sucking a game's dick because you remember playing it after you got home from school

Last time I tried was actually when it released but maybe they fixed the performance issues with subsequent patches. I wouldn't want to buy the DLCs just to end up not running the game at all though.

>normies enjoy trash and I enjoy them
you're the cancer killing gaming, kys

>cuck.
Spouting reddit memes it's the only thing you can do?

Plate armour looks cool and lorica looks like shit.

No one said that TWW is trash or bad. You're projecting yourself.

With the amount of warhammer fan boys i have bad news for you.

You don't define what is trash, Mr. Contrarian Shit-Eater. The overall fanbase of the series does and it has decided that Medieval 2 is worse than Rome 2, let alone Warhammer and you will just have to deal with it, because it's your shit, irrelevant opinion that is actually trash.

this knigga gets it

Rome is the best because muh Rome. Medieval age is gay.

There are two types of Total War fans, those that think this was the best campaign mode and morons.

>was literally unplayable for most people on release thanks to game breaking bugs
>changed the engine to one that most people agree was an objective downgrade in all ways except graphical modernity, when epic vistas of huge epic battles were what's impressive about total war, not being able to count the buttons on a redcoat's.. red coat and having a bunch of superfluous lighting and smoke effects
>simulated an era of warfare where the primary tactic of the day was to march up towards your enemy in an orderly fashion, form lines, and stand there taking turns shooting at each other

also it had boats. Nobody cared about boats.

It was outrageously broken at launch and is broken to this day (it wasn't "fixed" even to the degree Rome 2 was), both in battles and the campaign map. The scale is grander but detail is shit (France is two provinces). It uses a new combat engine that is still in its infancy and by far the worst in the series.

QUICK WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE MEDIEVAL 2 MOD? MINE'S THRID AGE

Medieval 1 was my first, and I was really disappointed by the campaign movement in rome. Made it so much harder to hold ground because zones of control are so fucking tiny.

nice of you to keep digging that grave, buddy. will make it easier for whoever finds your suicide to clean up. very thoughtful

who /knights of honor/ here?

please notice my country

warhammer fantasy just killed recently and age of sigmar is a piece of shit, give them a break.

>we will never get another paradox rome game with fleshed out politics and shit

>we will never get another good TW game where the combat isn't two blobs running against eachother

There will never be a Medieval III isn't it?

Aww, did the contrarian shit-eating cuck run out of arguments? Don't worry, you had none in the first place, lmao.

Stainless Steel obv.

>you will never have a fusion of PDX politics and TW

Is it like Stronghold games?

better not. I don't want it to be raped to death

Rome 2 is accually pretty good after all the patches.

after total war saga.

I guess but the combat is more simplistic. It's like EU lite with real time battles

It wasn't just that, the way it handled naval movement made far more sense. If you had string of ships between your army and a destination you could move there in one turn, in later games you had to put the army on a ship and spend 40 in game years transporting it to Jerusalem.

Drop rome down to just above napoleon and put shogun 2 and medieval 1 near the top and I agree.

It still uses the very flawed medieval 2 as a base

youtube.com/watch?v=Uv9fYQbCBUg

any of you TW:W cucks will care to explain that? also
>no spreading plagues with agents
>no pre-battle speeches
>no city population
>no meaningfull character traits and instead some shit skill tree where you get same stuff on each character
>no dread/chivalry mechanic

Looks fun, I'm too pleb for EU. But this one might be worth checking out on sale.

There will be, but it will be complete garbage like all the other warscape games.

Honestly I play total war for the battles, everything else is distantly secondary. I can enjoy stainless steel with autism settings from time to time, but sometimes I just want to build some dragon ogres and go smash some stunties.

what does the dread/chivalry even do?

>no spreading plagues with agents
Corruption
>no pre-battle speeches
Spent that time on gameplay
>no city population
There is.
>no meaningfull character traits and instead some shit skill tree where you get same stuff on each character
Skill tree is superior plus the game has legendary lords
>no dread/chivalry mechanic
Fear and buffs are still in the game.