Realistically, will any game released in the next 4 years surpass BotW's Metacritic score?

Realistically, will any game released in the next 4 years surpass BotW's Metacritic score?

Other urls found in this thread:

techraptor.net/content/game-awards-judge-reveals-bias-bayonetta-2
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Not for a while.

In my old age, BotW was the first game in 10 years where I was excited to play it again after I turned off the console.

Sure you could say there are other game out there that are fun, but BotW was fun and engaging for me.

Yes, companies will just make more money and prices will be eassier to afford for them.

Leave toddlers to me

This

No because nintendo bonus is real. MEdicore game get 97 metacritic because +10 nintendo + 10 zelda

>OBJECTIVELY worst version
>highest score

b-b-but a-anti nintendo bias

Fallout 4 VR is right around the corner.

>13-55 critics
Sample size is also a thing

>inb4 switch Skyrim gets a better score

this.
i can't imagine a zelda game that is under 90.
>MUH ZELDA

How is it objectively worse?

>wii has 13 critics
>ps3 and xbox have around 50

exactly, why is that allowed? it should have the same size, no?

Why worst?

DELT

framerate and resolution

Objectively, it isn't

Portability

50 minutes battery

>I need perfect 60 fps for my low poly primitive 3d levels that ran at 30 fps in the 90s
wew lad

More than 180 minutes battery*

TLoU2

>low poly primitive 3d levels that ran at 30 fps in the 90s
>STILL can't keep 60fps on Shitch

hahaha

It's 1080p

Problem is Botw is reviewed by critics who know its a hyped up system seller and all their readers want to read is that its the best game ever so they feel slightly happier about their lives.

Multiplats cant have that score since they always design menus and gameplayer to work on both kb+mouse And gamepad which automatically makes it not a 100/100.

So unless its some Half-life 3 thats released exclusively on vives motion controls theres no competition.

4k on my PS4 pro at silky smooth 60fps

EA can spend as much money on reviews as Nintendo did, if they want.

If your ps4 couldn't run it at 4k 60fps, better give it

>8.4 user score

>deflecting this hard now
so you're accepting it now? it's ok when nintendo does it huh?

Sonygros can't get away with this. Everybody make new accounts and rate it 10 we WILL give botw the score it deserves

> 16bits game
> 4k
hahaha

A lot of people that never played it, gave 0 to Botw

I still don't understand the nintendo bonus BOTW got, it's just fucking disgusting how every single reviewer gave it 10/10
I mean, it's a good game, i had a lot of fun with it, but in no way it's perfect

Red Dead Redemption 2 or The Last of Us Part 2 are the only ones who have a shot on the foreseeable future, I think.

Realistically yes if it wasn't for the 10/10 Nintendo bonus it had gotten. It's not perfect so it shouldn't have gotten that score, and if it weren't for it, it would be in the high 80's-low 90's where it should be.

No, even if they made a new Zelda game that fixed all the problems of the previous one it'd still only get a 92 because reviewers are contrarians.

>Nintendo bonus
Thats not a thing. Its called "making goof games"

No because any Zelda game gets an instant 85+ regardless of it being good or not because reviewers are pressured to praise it since it is the most beloved vidya franchise.

A good chunk of those people just said that it was the greatest game of all time without even explaining it. If that isn't bullshit I don't know what is.

Remember in spite of attention whore critics, that Breath of the Wild broke records for most perfect scores ever.

For somebody to challenge that record, you need somebody with a history of bullying critics like Rockstar, or to do something for your genre, like what Breath of the Wild did for 3D action adventure.

see

I really don't get it.
It's probably my least favorite mainline Zelda.

Metroid Prime 4 babyyyyyy

What did BotW do?

pro isn't 4k brother its just upscaled 1080p

People think it's the first game to have climbing.

sonic mania is native 4k on the Pro, nintenbro

so amazing.

720p with framerate drops on Shitch
hhahaha

Why the fuck does Zelda have so much more reviews than any other Nintendo game?

>and all their readers want to read is that its the best game ever so they feel slightly happier about their lives

Who cares? People will always suck Mario and Zelda's dicks. So long as the game is decent it basically translated into a masterpiece for the masses.

>4k for a game that renders all its graphics at 240p
I knew son1ggers were dumb but holy shit

You cannot be this retarded. Is this how nintendo toddlers justify their shitty graphics and performance?

i hope you're baiting because you got a (You) out of me this easily for that retarded post.

it doesn't even need to be decent, skyward sword has a metacritic of 93

it's retarded because it's telling the truth?

the amount of projection in that post was immeasurable.

Hahaha, no. Not with their SJW infused shit they have going. Their stand alone DLC was rated badly, then out of curiosity I gave it a gander online and it was worse than that. They were being kind to it.

truth about what? that critics should pander to their readers writing what they like because of "muh fun" instead of disclosing the objective aspects of a game? ok let me just put all the games i like a big fat 100 for enjoyment then, is this what you support? you're seriously fucking brain damaged

what makes you think they're pandering in the first place? retard

I'm not generalizing, but you're a fucking idiot if you're to deny that this happens, a lot of reviewers know their audience and soften or harden on subjective aspects on purpose.

I'm not denying it, just what makes you think they're doing it just to make their readers happy in this instance? Every popular game with a high score is pandering and every low score is objectivity?

You're a retardo who thinks the average person derives joy from seeing high scores on a review and thinking the reviewer does it for their readers. They're not you, hence projection.

Both of which has no shot. TLOU especially, but I don't think ti's really sunk in yet just how genre defining BOTW really is. Other open world games simply won't be able to compete due to how well the physics and general game design are handled.

Take the way Zelda handles quest markers. You're supposed to actually look around at the environment to decide on where you want to go next, and on the way you will find something new and interesting. The Witcher 3, in comparison, basically just hand holds you to exactly where you are supposed to go in a linear, open fashion.

>Take the way Zelda handles quest markers. You're supposed to actually look around at the environment to decide on where you want to go next

you mean you get 4 giant blue quest markers on your map and have nothing but copy paste shrines and moblin camps between you and them

>in this instance
never said it was in this instance and your quote to that post was pointing at the context of the phrase, interjecting with the fun excuse, at least be aware of what are you putting in your fucking post.
>every high score is pandering and ever low score is objectivity?
never said that, retard, care to read BotW reviews on the metacritic page then? i wanna see the great objetivity these are upholding among the endless 100 i see there.

Whoever seriously buys and plays Sonic games that aren't on Nintendo consoles are fucking retards.

>You just run right and jump in Super Mario Bros! How is this fun?
>You just eat all the pellets in Pac-Man while avoiding ghosts! How is that fun?
>You just explore the map in Metroid, how is this fun?

RDR2 might. Critics loves whatever trash Rockstar puts out. I reinstalled GTA 5, did some missions and got bored again. I'm serious it's like the game is there but the gameplay is just fucking mediocre.

>Whoever seriously buys and plays the objectively superior versions of the games because they aren't blinded by brand loyalty are fucking retards.

>ocarina of time gets a 10/10 because it changed the landscape of gaming forever
>twilight princess got a 10/10 because it was trying to be ocarina the whole time
>botw got a 10/10 because it had less content than any open world game

remember when you had to literally be the best game of all time to get that sweet 10/10? now they're handed out seemingly every week.

if it's another zelda game, then yeah.

It's not going to happen. Even GTAV only got a 97.... a score that most fans agree it doesn't actually deserve.

Rockstar is on it's way out, critically. Their brand of open world games is not fresh or new anymore.

Skyrim VI

>never said it was
projection, not wanting other people to have fun, now lying? how low can u go

>never said that
you were implying it

After the way Fallout 4 was received? No way.

Now that these AAA games hvae had a couple of entries, people are starting to get bored of them.

incredible, you don't even know what the word projection is actually used on. You don't even know what i was pointing out.
>i don't want other people to have fun
never said that, go ahead and quote me, retard, or go back to whatever site you came from.

what's more incredible is you actually think people depend on reviews for happiness and that reviewers pander to their readers by giving high scores.

that's projection and hating other people having fun from not having the same taste as you.

why are you such a retard that you assume these things? go outside fool.

> (You)
>what's more incredible is you actually think people depend on reviews for happiness and that reviewers pander to their readers by giving high scores.
so it never happens? you said it yourself you don't deny it i even gave you the cases and you agreed.
>that's projection and hating other people having fun from not having the same taste as you.
>hating on other people having fun
where did i imply that? can you point it out explicitly?
>why are you such a retard that you assume these things? go outside fool.
ironic, YOU just assumed these things out of me.
Go away, underage.

>he keeps replying like a true underage
i did say I don't deny it, it can happen sometimes, but why assume it happens with this game? that's why I said in this instance. you got no proof even.

>no perfect 60 fps for low poly primitive 3d levels that ran at 30 fps in the 90s

2017 hardware not gimped at all bt w

It's possible, GTA IV was a 98, RDR a 95, and GTA V a 97. If the tech is as good as it looks in the trailers it'll probably score over 95 because open world games like this get reviewed based on presentation and technology.

>why assume it happens with this game
>hyped up system seller and all their readers want to read is that its the best game ever
Because people literally bought a console to play that 1 game.

Subtract the 15 nostalgia points and you get the actual score.

Have a switch and botw and I hate both.

aww, are you going to deflect now? these people should get an awful and unobjective review because they like it, right? poor people

yes, majority of the people playing it will look at metacritic first right? just how majority of filmgoers will let rotten tomatoes decide for them?

just because you need metacritic to feel validated about your gaming purchase doesn't mean it applies to everybody

>deflection
rigging reviews to make people happy happened with dragon age inquisition, because they didn't want bayonetta to win the goty race, despite being a buggy mess and a shitty story. plus ride the bull and stuff.

you have no proof with zelda.

>deflecting even more AND moving goalposts
>other companies do this, nintendo is free of guilt
epic, i've already told you to go and read the 100' reviews of BotW, are still going to cover your ears? Fucking retard.

proof you fucking insecure console warrior.
>techraptor.net/content/game-awards-judge-reveals-bias-bayonetta-2
because that up there is proof that people did rig reviews for DA:I so the pro sjw crowd wouldn't get pissed.

>covering your ears
sure it's not you screaming wolf?

>Have a switch and botw and I hate both.

timestamp.

can you even read? did i even ask you for something that was already known, are you literally this braindead?
>screaming wolf
do i have to repeat everything to you, retard? go and read these reviews, and tell me how any of these seem at least reasonable or even ask yourself how the game serves a 100 in the first place. You're still here deflecting, resorting to strawmans and running in circles and not even disproved me on a single point.

having a handheld experience automatically makes the game more fun.

>wii
>handheld

>no proof about reviewers giving zelda 100 to make their readers happy
nice strawmen faggot.
so all this is is a manchild's tantrum about a game he doesn't like or even played getting high scores, and has to resort to tinfoil hatting to rationalize the seething anger he's feeling.

Hes talking about zelda. Switch being portable adds 10 points to any game.

see