Mr Freeeeeeeman

>prepare for unforeseen consequences

Other urls found in this thread:

half-life.wikia.com/wiki/Vortigaunt#Quotes
youtube.com/watch?v=b9B-vJA0iNo
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>you will never know who gman is and how half life ended because valve is too busy making some shitty heartstone ripoff instead of making half life 3

but we do know how it ends Gertie Fremont

They were never gonna explain G-man they wrote themselves into a corner.

AYYYYY FREEMAN

They shouldn't. They could drop some more hints to make way for some reasonable theories, but explaining something supernatural in a black and white manner usually ends up like the final chapter of a Stephen King novel.

PREPARE FOR FULL LIFE CONSEQUENCES

no what we have is what might as well be Glorified fanfiction that everyone is calling canon when it is not because it was written by an old valve writer
chances are only like a third of that would have ended up in the final game at the most, thats if the final games plot even used that as a base for the story

>When I..plucked her from Black Mesa, I did so in that act that she was a mere child...with no practical use to anyone
How fucking threatening is this guy, he can stop you in his tracks whenever he wants and pretty much spoonfeed you his strategy and you can't do anything.

This guy is just Freeman from the future, right.

actually it's
>when I plhucked her from Black Mesa, I did so in the face of opposition that she was a mere child of no prractical use to anyone. I have learn ed to ignore such naysayers when... quelling them, is out of the question.

Who is powerful enough that Gman has to eat shit and suck it up?

Been a while since I've heard the quote.

No clue, love how mysterious they are though.

he probably just didn't want to fuck up his reputation with his employers and cause them to not want to hire him anymore

The moment he said "naysayers", the monitor flashes Dr Breen's face. I'm not fucking with you. Breen is way more powerful than you realize.

GRUB GREEN IS IN THE HOUSE TONIGHT

>When you realise that Alyx was a Manchurian candidate and this were her triggerwords

WATCH IT GORDY!

Always makes me smile.

half-life.wikia.com/wiki/Vortigaunt#Quotes

Here are the most important ones in my opinion.

> "We are a tapestry woven of Vortessence. It is the same for you if only you would see it."
> "Could you but see the eyes inside your own, the minds in your mind, you would see how much we share."
> "Far distant eyes look out through yours."
> "For a brief time you joined with us. You are one. Between the worlds."
> "How many are there in you? Whose hopes and dreams do you encompass?"
> "Something secret steers us both. We shall not name it."

The vortigaunts experience the world the same way the players do. Multitudes of different people playing through the same continuum over and over, always arriving at the same end from the same beginning. The "minds in your mind" and "eyes inside your own" refer to the playerbase experiencing the world of Half-Life through the eyes of Gordon Freeman, some random fuck from 7G.

I don't want an explanation for the timelordiness but I want to know his motives.

youtube.com/watch?v=b9B-vJA0iNo

You can handwave his motives being the motives of his employers, but he obviously has personal stakes in at least some thing in our world. Semi-canonical, but he compares Shepard's insane will and durability in the shittiest of situation to himself. That could mean he has some sentimentality towards mute murderhobos.

>Oh... Is this haauoow the s-story ends? Disappointing. Oh well, many affairs, and Soo ..m..many bosses to please?

>vortigaunts stopped the combine by making valve stop developing video games

>"Something secret steers us both" is The Gaben, so powerful he can't even be named ingame
>vortigaunts mindfuck his studio to drop interest in Half-Life to free them from getting recycled to a third iteration of the series