Sonic Mania is 1/3 of a game

Saying this is worth $20 is the kind of thing killing this industry. We don't need anymore remakes, so stop telling develops they'll get a free pass if they do it well enough. We all deserve better than this.

Other urls found in this thread:

truesonicspirit.deviantart.com/journal/Sonic-Mania-isn-t-even-trying-680200364
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>t. Adventurecuck
stay salty

>1/3 of a game
What did you mean by this

OP here. Sonic sucks in everything except 2D. Everyone should know this by now.

>one third of a game
>one third of a retail game price
>complaining about it

Doesn't it have original content though?

OP here, please not Im actual autistic and please be gentle with my butt guys. Sonic is serious bizness

Only 4 of the stages are original. The other 8 are "reimaginings." Basically that makes that everyone wanted to be lazy and recycle levels and ideas from games over 20 years old.
Real GOTY here guys.

You're telling me you'd be retarded enough to pay $60 for this?

So if they used a differemt tile set, you wouldnt be complaining.

>1/3 of a game
But Mania is twice as long as Sonic 3?

OP is retarded, nothing to see here

>We all deserve better than this.
you don't deserve anything fag. It's a fucking product. You like it you buy it.

To call it 1/3rd of a game is digingenuous at best

The act 2's for all of the old zones are literally brand new levels with brand-new gimmicks/gameplay/layouts/remixes just set in a familiar locale, with the exception of Hydrocity where the Act 1 is the brand new level. Even in the Act 1's which are familiar, there are double the amount of routes than there were in the original games, meaning even they can't really be called "lazy". If you actually scanned through the level layouts and the contents of the game, about 20-25% of it would be straight-ripped from the Genesis titles, not two-thirds.

If you honestly think the likes of CPZ Act 2 or OOZ Act 2 are "lazy and recycled", you're either too autistic to see past some recycled level tiles, or you're intentionally being moronic in order to paint the game as worse than it is.

Why do autistic kids like Sonic so much? Real question. I work at an elementary school and one of yhe special ed kids (autistic) was talking a out how much he loves Sonic. What about Sonic draws autists to this franchise?

>Sonic Mania is 1/3 of a game
>Sonic Mania is 1/3 the price of a game

Welp, it works out, I guess, by OP's logic.

Different title sets, level design, enemies, music, etc. Something unique to the actual game aside from an added mechanic. My question is why you're defending this? Why do you want to settle for second best?

>Different title sets, level design, enemies, music, etc
So you haven't actually played it? Because pretty much every single old zone DOES have different level design, new (and remixed) enemies, a new music remix, new level mechanics and so on.

>its another autist on /v bashes a game they never played episode
Pretending to be retarded is still retarded.

How many times are you fags gonna ask this question

-Simple easy to replicate design
-Large expressive eyes and simple but obvious facial expressions
-Black and White moral universe
-Media penetration

where does his post imply that?

>Average price for a game is 60$
>1/3rd of a game is not worth 20$ which is 1/3rd of 60$
What did OP mean by this?

>remix
>remixed
This is the thing I'm talking about. When I say "new" I mean brand new. Is that really too much to ask?

If they announced Sonic Mania 2 would you rather have a game with 12 new stages or 12 "remixed" classic stages. Wrapping your head around this concept shouldn't be this hard for you.

Learn to read the actual thread.

>3 hour game
>contains everything necessary to be a good 2D sonic game
>$20 is too much

Nigga the original sonic carts cost $60 in 1991 and sonic was an hour long game what are you talking about?

>If they announced Sonic Mania 2 would you rather have a game with 12 new stages or 12 "remixed" classic stages
Neither, I'd like them to keep the classic stages but in a smaller ratio. 8 new zones to 4 old zones, instead of the other way around. The revisits were some of the best moments in the game, but I do admit there were too many revisits.

WITH THAT BEING SAID, although there were too many revisits, they are so heavily remixed that I still think you're a retard for looking at the game and thinking it's "only 1/3rd of a game" because that is untrue in every way.

>liking Sonic at all

No, youre are complaining about tile sets used. What you want to say is that 4 out of the 24ish zones are 1:1 while the rest are all original. Hell even in most of the Act 1 zones of the old zones add a couple new shit that wasnt in the old zones. By you posts you seem underage or extremely retarded to make it a solid argument point, when its a rom hack tier. And I miss the fucking days when we would trade or talk about rom hacks here.

>PCFat THIS mad that he hasn't played the game yet and his late PC version will have Denuvo
lol

>1/3 price
>twice the length of average Sonic game
>Blue spheres stages and Catch the UFO are dope
>unlockable bizarro Blue Sphere levels
>Knuckles has unique stages and bosses
Pretty good value, I've already put 25 hours in.

just buy it with bitcoin for free nibba, what is wrong with you

>Sonic 3 cost $110 adjusted for inflation
>Had 6 levels
>Sonic and Knuckles cost $130 adjusted for inflation
>Had 7 levels

So Sonic Mania has the same number of levels as Sonic 3&K but costs $20 instead of $240

A admit that the remix levels add something new to the table, but I think we need to be harsher about shit like this. I don't want to see it become a trend to "remix" existing ideas over and over again. As good as the class Sonic games are I can only play a certain zone so many times before toning out any redeeming qualities it may have. That's how I felt a lot of the time with Sonic Mania.

$40-$60 would be overpriced, but for its replayability and unlocks I'd say it's a pretty fair price

$20 is TOO much
neet detected. Get a job. $20 is like the perfect price for this game

you guys wouldn't really pay this much of the game?

20 is great but it would be game of the year at 15.

Game isn't even out yet unless you're a console kiddie

>Of the 25 acts in the game, only around 7 of them are actually similar (and still not identical) to pre-existing acts
>7 all-new Special Stages
>Of the 27 bosses in the game, 9 of them are recycled/similar to old content, except one of those 9 is from a Game Gear game and one of those 9 is Mean Bean Machine so you could arguably let those two pass on creativity of source material alone
>Of the 32 Blue Sphere zones, 16 are new and 16 are old. There is also a random generator for the Blue Sphere 2 mode which has new sphere styles etc
Take these numbers and use them as you wish. I'm not arguing for or against Mania, but "only 1/3rd of a game" is dead wrong

>game already came out
>sold well
>people fucking loved it
>is about to come out again
>people are going to love it all over again
Have fun stomping your feet and telling people to stop having fun tomorrow.

We're lucky that Sega wised up at all and brought Taxman and Co. on to do Mania, it's understandable that they wouldn't let them go too crazy with new zones and things. Mania was just to see if they could handle making a real Sonic game. The only question is how is Sega gonna react when Forces flops? That a group of fans (albeit very talented ones) made a better Sonic game than they could ever hope to make in this day and age?

>Bought it on ps4
>Gonna buy it again on PC
>Will do so a 3rd time when I get a switch

Don't forget there are also new features like debug mode and & Knuckles mode, as well as a time attack mode.

I got it for 9€ on the russian eShop, I don't even like Sonic that much and it was worth it, get fucked turbonerd.

Wait, does this game really only have 12 levels?

>debug mode
>new
This your first classic Sonic game champ?

>fantastic games are killing the industry

>debug
I don't think that worked very well, hoss

>debug mode
>new feature

It's been a thing since S1

I don't need to look up how the value of the dollar has changed in the last 20 years to know Sonic and knuckles didn't cost the equivilant of 130 dollars. That's fucking stupid. None of us would have had any games growing up if that was the case.

The game has 12 "zones", which each have 2 levels inside of them. So 24 really, except Knuckles also gets an exclusive level, so 25. 26 if you want to count the final boss level but that's a stretch.

As far as Sonic games go, that's pretty big.

Every Sonic game needs to have no fewer than 36 zones with 2 acts each.

Is Tails the best character option for someone who hasn't played much classic Sonic, like how he was the easiest to use in Adventure?

Does Mania have title screen cheat codes, and does it have Super Sonic?

If the answer to either of these is no its a shit sonic game.

Sonic and Tails are, you get to control Tails now as 1P.

Great.

Since no one here posted it? This is what OP is referencing for the shitpost.

truesonicspirit.deviantart.com/journal/Sonic-Mania-isn-t-even-trying-680200364

Do Data Select cheat codes count?

It isn't 1991 anymore

>does it have Super Sonic?

nigga is yous for serious?

Why did games all just abruptly stop having cheat codes one day about a decade ago, anyway?

>I can only play a certain zone so many times before toning out any redeeming qualities it may have.
Sounds like a you problem, fucking turbo autist.

If you input that shit with a button/dpad combo on the title screen you best your shitter it counts.

Why let people cheat to see content when you can have it as an epic secret time-sink unlockable w/ achievement, or better yet charge people for it?

Why though?

and yet I still get bored of sonic after an hour

>I can play the same level over and over and get the full enjoyment out of it each time

Sounds like you're the autist m8

I wanna say DLC, but it predates that. I don't know, guide publishers lobbied against it?

So I looked it up and apparently it only works from the title screen on the Switch version, while in PS4 and Xbone you input the cheat code from the saved games screen.

Since 1994, the year that Sonic3 and Sonic and Knuckles came out, there has been 79% inflation

S3 cost $60 when it came out
SK cost $70 when it came out

Buying both games literally cost $240 in modern dollars

Why not? It's a great game.

Sonic and Knuckles was at least 59.99 at release in the U.S.

wow you are too retarded
a brand new title is 60
you complain game is a third of a full game
...thus its also a third off retail price
so you complaining is fucking stupid. especially when you consider how polished the game is compared to your typical AAA ea Ubisoft title

>same level
That's where you're wrong, cucky.

Would Sonic Mania be this well received if it came out for the Saturn in 1996?

Probably not. Sonic fatigue was already kicking in by 3&K.

Technically 2/3 of Sonic Mania did come out on the Saturn in Sonic Jam

Considering the last Sonic games prior would be 3d blast, Jam and Knuckles Chaotix you bet it would be.

>Technically
I don't think you know what that word means because everything you said after it was dead wrong.

I agree OP, that's why I'm pirating it for PC. That and Denuvo.

>Mania
>not discussing the superior Sonic 4

Here's a fact, unless the boost games remove the railing on the sides of levels completely they will always be bad games.

>Denuvo
Source

Yes if not better

Have an actual fact. All 3D Sonic games up to that point had corridor levels, they just lacked railing. They also had less layers than Generations ones.

No, it wasn't Sonic and Knuckles was arguably the peak of the 2d series. Or did you forget it was so popular that MTV had a special competition airing on TV.

Any game that refuses to let you fall off the edge for not playing is a bad game.

>Sonic and Knuckles was arguably the peak of the 2d series
Certainly not in terms of sales

When will we get a game with nothing but 3D boost levels?

24 levels and bosses. There are 16 new levels and 8 levels that are very similar to the original act 1's. Though I'd argue Stardust Act 1 is basically new.

Boost games arent bad because of the railing, they are bad because of the boost and especially the airdash.

No, at that time anything that was 2D was shit on for the sake of being 2D

There is no source. People just say that the two week delay was all to just put Denovo in it because memes.

Never since people don't want that.

Both acts for Stardust Speedway and Metallic Madness are brand new in terms of layout, you chuckle fucks.

this. although this thread is obviously bait.

Unleashed was the peak of 3D Sonic budget and it still had 2D sections, it'll never happen.

Hi there, Todd Howard here, you should totally buy The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim for the Nintendo Switch, coming this fall. For $59.99, you get all sorts of content and you can take Skyrim with you wherever you go.

Probably not actually. Around that time 3D was the new hotness. If your game wasn't 3D, people would roast you for it in reviews cause it was the future and 2D was the stinky past.

>Its a PCfat tries to justify his theft post