Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/hC83kY3rywE
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Levine is a hack.

I was amazed it wasnt a black man and a white woman

It's doesn't matter what I do the same outcome happens every time

it barely registered to me

Those are some ugly character models

What a cheap piece of shit scene. To say nothing about the illusion of choice they present. I was so goddamn disappointed in this shit show

yeah but you didn't know about it at first

what was your first take from this scene?

Why did they even bother. All of the "racy" content in Infinite was half baked.

I like throwing rocks at niggers.

Lazy writing. How clear cut and blatant did they have to make the racism. Why not put it in the background, instead. Why remove control from the player in the scene. Why force this shit on you, fooling you with the appearance of a choice. Infinite is inferior to its predecessors in every regard

If you don't register it as them saying Columbia is just a more formal version of Rapture you're fucking retarded.

It's just racist to be shocking, don't care.

>that one guy in the Crow place level who screams as he's burnt
>you can barely tell his accent but it sounds american english
>subtitle of him screaming identifies him as 'chinese person'

That's just actually racist.

What do you mean?

my take was why can't I throw the ball at the girl?

There was no racism in Rapture.

>Racism is the lowest, most crudely primitive form of collectivism. It is the notion of ascribing moral, social or political significance to a man’s genetic lineage—the notion that a man’s intellectual and characterological traits are produced and transmitted by his internal body chemistry. Which means, in practice, that a man is to be judged, not by his own character and actions, but by the characters and actions of a collective of ancestors.

Both places are fucked. Columbia just looks prettier

If you decided to throw the ball, you would get more black enemies in the game to trigger racists;if you didn't there would be the normal amount of black/white enemies

I see. They could have been a little more subtle with that, don't you agree?

I like how the explanation for no racism is used to reinforce Ryan's character

...wait is this real?

Problem is that all of that is completely true.

Intellect, creativity, imagination, innovation, just about every single mental characteristic is a result of the physical composition of the brain, which is deterministic on the genetics of the individual. Genetics which are inherited from generation to generation, with occasional mutations.

Until humans are able to divorce their emotive nonsense and political control schemes from this simple concept, they will be unable to advance as a species, as doing so requires intentional, directed breeding to enhance and improve those desirable characteristics while reducing tendencies towards negative metal characteristics.

TL;DR Genetics do determine intelligence. And yes, before someone brings it up, blacks are by far the lowest in IQ averages, and lower the worldwide average by nearly 20 points.

No. They don't even let you throw the ball, regardless of what you choose

I shot at the couple so i could be hidden in the crowd.

But Levine is a hack.

that the game was a railroaded piece of tryhard shit.

This game has female cops leading squads of men with no questions asked. Do you think they'd have black enemies? This game wants to denounce descrimination without showing any of it.

That they both look like ayy lmaos.

but iq test is flawed and not a good way to determine intellect, or fucking creativty and imagination fucking geesh

>but iq test is flawed and not a good way to determine intellect

No it's "flawed", and yes it is a good way to determine intellect. If you, or your pet negroes and spics don't score above double digits, that doesn't mean the test is "flawed".

>but iq test is flawed
how

>Genetics do determine intelligence
But it's not the only factor, you retard.

Because in the time period the game is commenting on racism actually was this blatant and in your face?

It's the best we got, but still flawed. You can't completely count on an IQ score, unless you take a multitude of them. Reason being that you can practice before the test, earning you a higher score. If you come unprepared, you can lose out on several points, which means that the score you receive isn't actually as high as you could get it. So defining what your baseline IQ is can be hard

The entire body of scientific research shows that the differences between races are almost non-existent in anything but physical appearance

>but muh IQ test

Also ignore all the environmental factors that go into shaping intelligence.

As well as subtle. The illusion of choice is the real culprit. Infinite has bad writing, no two ways about it, user. Especially considering that Levine doesn't even understand the rules on which he bases the quantum mechanics plot line. This leads to an ending which doesn't follow its own internal rules. This scene is the least of Infinite's problems

Do you people just jump on posts without considering that he isn't wholly wrong?

I was disappointed because I couldn't aim the ball and call people niggers.

There are tons of black enemies though. For the entire second half of the game you're fighting the black lady's goons (I don't even remember what they're called). Literally the entire second half of the game paints them as evil and vindictive.

never preorder

Also, I can't recall a single other scene in which racism was really explored. Leaving this part as the only, and completely untactful, commentary on racism. It wasn't really prevalent or relevant beyond this point

>the scaling of the test is flawed as you age as it takes your "mental age" amd divides it by your actual age, meaning it is only really effective for predicting intelligence in children.
>the flynn effect also exists. As people have gotten more intelligent, the tests have gotten harder. A 100 iq person today would destroy a test 20 years ago, and a 100 iq person from 20 years ago would score much below average on a iq test today

It was the point I knew infinite was shit.
>manage to forget WAIT A MINUTE and enjoy the city
>this shit happens
I still beat it because I was a console pleb and gamefly was slow, but damn.

All Bioshock games have hideously ugly character models, most of whom looked even worse in Bioshock Infinite, because it almost always has bright lighting unlike the first two games with kind of hides their ugliness (and because almost every NPC in 1 and 2 are drug-addled mutants).

Elizabeth looked alright I guess, she almost didn't fit in with the rest of the world design-wise.

That most game devs don't know how to explore the theme of racism with any nuance.

>pretends to let you have fun and be "Le mean racist guy"

>just kidding goy!

It wouldn't let me have fun

This for real. The term interracial couple almost always means a blonde white women and a black man in USA.

>almost always
>almost
The reason why it was like the couple had a white male is right there.

Genetics is actually the ONLY factor in base levels of mental attributes. Individuals can be trained and their mental faculties encouraged to expand via proper education during young years, but there is a limited 'capacity' that everyone has.

Actually the entire body of scientific research shows the exact opposite. Educate yourself.

I didn't get butthurt over race like a faggot

Thats because nobody wants black women.

That the developer can't model a decent human face.

Even though it's one of the least common racemixing couples.

that's fine! more for me!

Speak for yourself queerbo

Why was it buttons instead of standard fps controls

this also it was a hamfisted attempt at doing worldbuilding that bioshock was previously known for doing very subtly

Cute monkies

Angles have to be limited for the hand-grabbing animation

In the book it also serves to explain why Ryan built Rapture in the first place. His last hope for the surface world, the United States, was run by racists who defended segregation (including the Japanese internment) and were also armed with atomic bombs. Rapture seemed welcoming to the people invited to live there.

That no matter what "choices" I make, the game will always have a predetermined path.

Jesus fucking christ, what's the point of choices in a straighter-than-a-stick game?

>as doing so requires intentional, directed breeding to enhance and improve those desirable characteristics while reducing tendencies towards negative metal characteristics.
only problem with that is that breeding is slow, societies are unstable and any trait more subtle than hair color is retardfuckingly complex
which is why we have to put effort into biotechnological fields of research

I believe you get a minor monetary reward from them shortly after or midway through the game. How they know you didn't intend to throw it at them is beyons me, though.

it really pisses me off you couldn't just shoot them at that point, like you could with everybody in bioshock 2

fucking levine

>as a white man your job is to be the nanny of all non-whites

Where did this meme originate and who keeps perpetuating it?

I want to be able to kill whoever I like in my vidya, for any reason ESPECIALLY the way they look and act.

youtu.be/hC83kY3rywE

>In the book
There was a book?

>>as a white man your job is to be the nanny of all non-whites
Google white man's burden.

Tell me this is a joke post.

The brain is so incredibly complex that even the slightest chemical changes can alter it's function. Surely you don't believe that genetics ONLY effects physical appearance and has nothing to do with intelligence, emotional wiring, and ability... this stuff is not only well documented but it's easily demonstratable in every field of breeding and domestication with every known living thing from bugs to bonobos.

That it was all downhill from there.

This. Sub Saharan Africa's consistent climate and plentiful food sources meant that African's didn't need their brains to develop long term planning skills; Their reproduction favored offspring who were more aggressive and with better hunting skills. Europeans on the other hand having to deal with harsher environments and things like winter had to favor off spring with long term planning skills and higher cognitive functions. So by today's modern standards the average African is pre-disposed to be dumber.

>racism is defined by people hating others based on their racial appearance

>ignoring the fact that they hate them based on their actions and that race is just being used as a reliable marker

>consistent climate and plentiful food
As opposed to inconsistent climate of Egypt? What about fertile crescent?

Can you please learn to read? The post starts out with "Sub Saharan Africa".

>with occasional mutations
but I thought genes mutate all the time because if not I would just be a copy of my dad/mother

What? I'm saying civilization didn't start in Western Europe.

Yes, not particularity deep literature but makes for a good and well presented action story.

One of the first scenes in the game that showed just how little any of your choices meant. Probably the only good thing I can remember to come out of Infinite was the Undertow plasmid and the barrel organ version of Girls Just Want to Have Fun

i don't like black people but c'mon, at the very least site some sources if you want to do this.

This is the best image I've seen all day

>brains can change depending on the living-conditions of the race!
>but not really, because that would take away a large portion of my racism!

I like black people but even in a post-scarcity world the average black person will be dumber than the average asian. These are just facts.

You looking different than your parents is mostly due to genetic recombination but mutation's certainly do occur. Deletions, substitutions, insertions of DNA happen in utero but there's also a lot of DNA repair mechanisms that start failing after you're born but the germ line (heritable DNA) is largely protected at least until age 30 or so. Wait too long and you may have a scrawny/murant kid.

i stopped giving black people any attention or personal thought after a neighbor had broken into my house to jack off at my computer, ate a meal, and jet leaving evidence everywhere. total fucking backwards group of people.

This a million times, also dont listen to video games "journalists" although I knew that already.

A game with a point and click aim mechanic choose to instead give you a button prompt to throw a ball...

Usually when brains change it's for the worse. Like most mutations.

If you want to see positive changes it takes hundreds of years naturally (assuming selective pressures are weeding out the mentally unfit semi-regularly) although aggressive negative eugenics could speed up the process considerably.

Blacks should be happy whites remove all their rapists, drug addicts, and violent thieves from their communities. We're doing blacks a huge favor in the long run.

>People using the dog vs human breed/race argument

Are you guys this stupid? You can't compare selective breeding to any capacity to how human races developped in different areas of the world. The entire scientific community except some nutjub outliers agree that there's no proof of a correlation between genetics and IQ, and intelligence, a nunaced concept that can't be reduced to IQ, depends more on society, upbringing and education than the amount of melanin or the shape of your skull.

But go ahead, tell me how you know more about geneticsthan every scientist that devoted their career to the topic. Put their last name between three sets of parenthesis, that'll win you the argument.

Honestly this.

>muh "IQ don't real"

Okay (((user)))

>Actually the entire body of scientific research shows the exact opposite. Educate yourself.

Can you show a single proof of that, buddy? Please don't tell me you're going to link me to that study that every youtube race realist uses that has been discredited and disproved by the bulk of the scientific community.

There's far more evidence that proves IQ and race are related than to say the opposite. Find me one metric that shows blacks as being smarter than whites and Asians.

It's just that explicitly showing those numbers leads to an immediate witch hunt with cries of racism these days.

Find an unbiased research community like Japan, Dubai, or South Korea they are more prone to telling the truth.

Nazi hate mobs intimidate good men into accepting hate

Rapture wasn't built as a safe haven for races you dolt, it's literally explained why in the first few minutes of bioshock.

Nazi Voldemorts from Slitherin are trying to tempt you with their evil "hate science"

Assuming there were consequences and morality in the game, I decided not to throw. I didn't really think much of it. I also chose the bird necklace, assuming it was a symbol of freedom (cage is imprisonment) and to wait for the guy at the booth. All I got out of being nice is a stab to the hand.

Nothing really. People were pretty racist in the early 1900s.

But that's just not true. How far up your own narrative are you that you post one of the easiest to disprove images? How does this even help your argument that it's a genetic issue and not a societal one that stems from the history of black people in America.

>But Africa

Africa has been fucked beyond belief for centuries, just because they're independant now doesn't mean you get to shrug off every possible nuance to their low IQ the same way you race realists try to do with black people in the US. Are you one of those people who think institutional racism isn't a thing in America anymore?
Are you going to say that people whose parents were brought up during Jim Crow laws are to be judged on their race's IQ as an immutable fact?

Come the fuck on, user. You can't say "educate yourself" while turning a blind eye to everything that goes against your narrative or ideology.