Why is Atlus better than Square Enix nowadays?

Why is Atlus better than Square Enix nowadays?
Beside Persona games, I can't even name one franchise worth even looking.

>nowadays

Square-enix is horribly mismanaged, forgot they were a japanese company and chased all the most awful western trend they could

Atlus has been releasing the same 2 games over and over and over and it doesn't really matter if they have horrible pacing or shitty writing because we must decide what persona 5 girl is best girl

>rehash persona
>ruin mainline SMT
>retarded spin offs
>rehash EO
>got lucky with catherine
>their next IP is a generic fantasy game

Yawn

Square ruined their games though aswell

Persona >>>> FF15 and Witcher 3

Persona 3 = Nocturne > every other JRPG in existence

"SMT 3 is the only SMT I played" - the post

Their newest games have more likable characters.

>nowadays
nice job exposing yourself as an underage retard who played P5 two months ago and now thinks they're an expert on square enix for the past 17 years

He is exposing himself to nobod

Sadly this guy is the fucking majority of this board

Persona 5 was a mistake.

what else is better? Apocalypse? i've played 2,3,4,desu,desum and i still think 3 is the best one, they're all really good anyways, and no other persona compares to persona 3

>nowadays
When have they ever been better than atlus?

This thread sucks.

It was only a mistake in the sense that they released a texture pack for Persona 4 and called it Persona 5.

What the fuck is so good about Persona 3? What? Explain!

>Sadly this guy is the fucking majority of this board

>b-but m-muh jesus!

SE still has DQ so by default they are better.

I'm not saying that I hate Atlus ( in fact is one of the 3 companies that I still buy games even when I pirate them on 3DS) but DQ is quality, I would ve happy if they retconned P4 and all its thrash but the damage is already done.

Is Utawareumono any good?

Never heard of it before but if these fellas made it, I'm interested

>tfw no Trauma Center

See

Persona 5 btfo other games so hard its not funny.

Are you a hopeless social outcasted weeb, that plays persona for dating 2d kawaii bimbos and you have no idea were SMT came from or stands for?

Yes?

Then Utawareumono is just right for you

>SMT 1 and 2 are unbalanced messes and show their age more and more every year
>the only thing SJ does better is dungeons: dull combat, weaker atmosphere, ugly visuals, Law and Chaos done so completely straight it hurts
>SMT IV is an unbalanced mess with no dungeons but the music is sick
>Apocalypse only fixes the combat of IV but otherwise has all the same problems and covers it up with "KILL ALL YOUR FRIENDS!!!!" epic meme when the only time you could even remotely care about your human party members in SMT was in I and IV for a brief while

God.

I fucking loathe Nocturnefags, they are worse than Dark Souls Fanbase.

>SMT 1 & 2 s-show their a-age
>aka I am unable to appreciate anything old
>I have no idea what SJ's story was about and I think people don't need to understand symbolic plots anyway, because everything that matters is what I am able to understand
>the only thing I can appreciate are sick-dope-underground-beats hell yeah 420 xddd

as opposed to SJfags
>DUDE MUH DUNGEONS! IT'S LIKE DOOM RPG WHOA!!!
>WOW WHAT IF HUMANS ARE THE REAL BAD GUYS ALL ALONG! DUDE A MALL REPRESENTS UNCHECKED CAPITALISM LMAO HOLY SHIT

There is nothing good about SMT IV except the music

Why is Square Enix better than Atlus nowadays?
Beside Final Fantasy games, I can't even name one franchise worth even looking.

Agreed - same with Apoc desu. Improvement was reworking Smirk, but Smirk was so unnecessary int he first place there was no point to it.

Atlus still makes good games. Dragon Quest is still good, but Squeenix is known for Final Fantasy and that quality fluctuates by the minute. Also Kingdom Hearts, but we all know Kingdom Hearts 3 will still need 30 more years in development before it comes out

who cares bruh Persona 5 is the dopest anime game ever

Grown men crying over internet fanbases, pathetic

Do you make a hobby out of whining about Dark Souls fans not playing Kings Field too?

>Beside Persona games, I can't even name one franchise worth even looking
Personababbies out, this is now a Shin Megami Tensei thread.

Yes both are a pain in the ass but SJfags don't ruin perfectly civil MegaTen threads, I have seen countless of threads being shitposted by those idiots

Squarenix was never good, they published some good games, but they never really made anything remarkable in the past 10 years.

When squaresoft died they lost their JRPG prestige.

WHERE ARE THE SMTV NEW ATLUS? RREEEEEEEEE

P3 isn't even the best Persona and Nocturne is arguably the best SMT, but it's not heads and shoulders above the other games in the series.

More info at tgs

>not liking both
Get it together, boyo.

The only persona "better" P3 is P2 IS other than that is pure crap.

Nocturne is the best from an argumentative point of view, the plot is Godlike but gameplay wise is almost as unplayable as 1 and 2, IV and IV:A are the best gameplay wise.

P3 is my favorite persona, not the best gameplay wise obviously but imo it has the best plot, SLinks and overall theme, and yeah as i've said basically every other SMT game is really good, but i feel that Nocturne has better atmosphere, more consistent good boss fights and replayability with challenges and even hardtype mod

>Nocturne
>plot
lol
piss of IV babby

ITT: People who have only played SMT3, P3-5 arguing with each other about older games they've never played.

>>ruin mainline SMT
You can't ruin what was never good.

>Nocturne
>Plot is godlike.
Yeah if you consider the fact that gods are dead.

I'll take the same with some improvements/new content over completely fucking a franchise over like Square has done constantly with Final Fantasy.

I fear the day DQ becomes tainted.

>reading that Hashino interview
Man their games just couldn't sell great before P4
TGS is mainly DSJ shit, I do hope for teasers

What the fuck man, SE was my favorite vidya company now they release shit, the last good game they released was KH DDD in 2012...

is anyone really all that excited for DSJ? why didn't they remake SMT 1 or 2? i'll still play it but it feels kinda early

I played SMT I-IV and SJ

Nocturnes story is Shadow of the Colossus-tier

Proof me wrong

>prove me wrong
Shadow of colossus tier is not a compliment
"your girlfriend is dead so you kill giants to resurrect her"
Nobody is going to say what little story sequences there were weren't good, because they were perfectly adequate, but you are way out of your mind right now user

How do you think P3 has the best S. Links? I'd say it's fair enough if you think the best S. links in 3 are better than the best ones in 4 and 5, but it has so many S. Links that are a complete bore, where the S. Links in 4 and 5 are much better on average, even if they don't reach the heights of The Sun in P3. The plot is also pretty bad in P3 I'd say, as are most of the characters but the end of the game is great.

Remaking 1 or 2 would probably be a lot more work, and it would also bring up an issue of how much they'd have to change. There's a lot that could be changed to make it better, but some of it would probably upset purists and the like. Hopefully they'll remake them some day though, I haven't played 2 yet, but SMT1 just feels like a lot of good ideas that have been wasted on a game that is oftentimes teetering between being bad and being mediocre.

I'm just excited for that Sound Collection for 25th anniversary released with t.
It would be a decent game I guess, I mean most of their DS games seem to got ports now whether they needed it or not, so i guess this too.

What are the games in the pic?

SMT 1, SMT 1 and the last one is SMT 1

It's just fanart of SMT1.

>not a compliment
Your poverty in symbolistic understanding is so enormous I cannot fathom how you enjoyed any SMT story what so ever

Could've done it in the PS2 era, had the assets to do so from Nocturne and Imagine as well as them having more budget for 3D Megaten not called persona then

You okay there, champ?

They could do it now as well seeing as they have HD Demon models and they're probably going to have assets for a ruined Tokyo with the new SMT. They could probably even re-use assets from P5 for the pre-apocalypse segment of the game.