What was the most disappointing game this year for you?

What was the most disappointing game this year for you?

It's not a bad game, but it just doesn't feel like a zelda game to me. I just expected more.. you know, dungeons, puzzles and boss fights instead of what we got.

I've not played a disappointing game yet this year, and BotW has been easily the ultimate highlight of 2017.

Name a Zelda game with more puzzles.

I'll wait.

I agree.

You nailed it. I can't say Zelda is bad, but despite what all the drones will tell you, BotW really is an empty game that doesn't really feel satisfying to play. You really have to be able to make your own fun if you want to enjoy it to the fullest

Quality over quantity, my friend. Give me OoT/WW/TP over BotW any day

It's not a bad game, and it's the first game to feel like Zelda to me in a long time. But it's still a 3D Zelda and those aren't as good as the NES originals.

Maybe you'll beat that octorok one day, Aonuma.

People who think TP is in any way better than BotW have brain damage

I'm still disappointing 5 years later

You posted it. I can't believe how some people cream themselves over this game.

lolnodungeons

Probably Nioh but I still enjoyed it a lot.

This. Nioh wasn't the action game I wanted

Came to post this.

>but it just doesn't feel like a zelda game to me

because it wasn't. you were playing the elder scrolls: hyrule

This image will literally always be relevant.

Years from now, it will still be relevant and applicable on Sup Forums. It's legacy will be as impressive as that of the game itself.

That's TP though

Breath Of The Wild is the Zelda game I've waited 20 years to play.

It deserves all the critical appraise it got and no amount of tears and tantrums will change that.

t. faggot who grew up with ww as his first zelda game

Don't matter how you scream... history has already been made.

Sold 5 million copies so far...

Can't be unsold.

Launched with the most successful Nintendo console ever.

Keep crying some more

This image isn't even relevant to this thread. OP and basically everyone who agrees with him said it's a good game. If you think that disagreeing is the same as crying over something than you are probably underage and ask people if they are mad at every turn.

Stop crying already.

It's alright imo. Not the 10/10s that the majority was giving it, but it's still pretty good. Anyway, RE7 was disappointing to me. It just felt mediocre. Didn't care for the enemies, story and characters.

>Windwaker
>give me handholding and braindead "puzzles/dungeons" over a game that doesnt hold your hand any day of

Even after 10 hours it feels tedious to play. Had some of the most genuine "ADVENTURE" moments I've had in a while though.

I haven't played a bad game this year, but that's because I recognise when a game will be shit and can intuit when to avoid wasting my money (protip: if the game has a huge advertising campaign it's probably garbage).

Yooka Laylee was a close one though. I love 3D platformers, so I was almost suckered in.

tp is fucking trash

this
t. faggot who grew up with tp as his first zelda game

I felt that way but I still couldn't call it disappointing. While it was bad in some ways it was also unexpectedly good I others.

Skyward sword was more disappointing to me because the game was only fun inside dungeons. Everywhere else it felt more like a naughty dogs adventure than like Zelda.

A toss up between Nier: Automata and Persona 5.

Nier should've been the greatest game ever made, by an unlikely dream-team combo. It turned out to be mediocre, with uncharacteristically poor combat and a mostly meandering story with too much relegated to side material in mixed media.

Meanwhile I wasn't as hyped for P5, but I thought it was straight up bad. Terrible story and writing, with unlikeable underdeveloped characters and a nonexistent group dynamic. Starts off well albeit slowly, but by the Kamoshida arc, the game devolves into contrived stupidity and Makoto takes over as main character. I also didn't think the gameplay was good. The balancing is really off and the game gives you lots of broken tools. The rest is just going through hallway: the dungeon, with Wibd Waker-tier puzzles that are constantly spoiled by Makoto because she has to be the "smart" one, like she's channeling Fi.

Thankfully Zelda saved the year.

Amazing open world game, trash Zelda game.

Overall it was a very positive experience.
If they reuse this formula for the next game I hope they put more focus and effort into the dungeons and puzzles.

And less fucking Tests of Strength.

I liked Persona 5 a lot, but I also agree with a lot of your criticisms, especially about the story being a huge disappointment. And Makoto being an insufferable bitch.

I wish I could take Persona 5's setting, premise, and (most of the) characters and just design a different game around them.

I want the same number of Strength Tests, but I want them all to be Major.
I need all those delicious Ancient++ weapons.

TP is objectively better that botw

i love it when literal losers and fat manchildren get all smug about how their favorite jewish corporation is making more money than another jewish corporation.
now you will scream "SONYGGER", see if i care.

I agree op. This game is garbage.

So just have them drop from more engaging content instead of infinite tests of strength.

Upset sony negro.

Nintendo and Sony aren't run by Jews, user...

2017 has been an awful year of nothing but disappointments.

And who are you agreeing with? This is from my post
>It's not a bad game
And this is from your post
>This game is garbage.
They are not the same. You are not agreeing with me. And it's not even the first post from this IP. I'm pretty sure you are someone who complained earlier about "people crying" and now you are falseflagging to strengthen your position.

damn, getting salty up in this bitch

yeah, why don't sony love me man??

i bought their shitheap and they keep not realeasing anything worth a damn

The best thing I can say about P5 is that it made me really want a magical Phantom Thief game that was an actual stealth game. That would be fun.

I hate how people shitpost against valid complaints or criticism. OP wasn't trying to bait, or saying that the game was awful. He just said he was disappointed by it and that it didn't feel like a Zelda. Why does that upset you? Can't you just accept that not everyone is gonna roll over and praise this game endlessly? Different people have different tastes and had different expectations for the game.

Is that REALLY so hard for you to come to terms with?

It's because you do shit like this that people become more antagonistic toward the game than they initially would be.

see

Why even bother dude just look at the image, its clear its made by a kid

Surprised you can see the image behind all those salty tears.

I have no idea how anyone can even try to claim that BotW would be "empty". This some new meme I'm not aware?

Just playing the game is goddamn fun and satisfying. The atmosphere and feel of movement is great.

It's annaly annihilated shitposting. Niggers and other subhuman beign upset that they don,t have BOTW.

OoT, kiddo

It didn't feel like an Aonuma Zelda, you mean.

The Shrines aren't satisfying at all. Korok seeds give you literal shit for doing trivial little tasks. There's just so much goddamn space in between Divine Beasts that it's a fucking chore to do the main quest

I was a bit disappointed because I had already played and dropped it a year ago.

People just seem to overlook anything that doesn't come up as a completion statistic and it pisses me off. This is why every open world game became a garbage checklist. Nobody ever mentions all of the unique locations, the interactive wildlife that constantly spawns around you, rare consumables and ingredients, and all of the other little things that the world is chock-full of. No, it's all shrines and koroks because if I don't get a percentage point, I can't enjoy it.