ITT: Games based purely on luck and not skill

ITT: Games based purely on luck and not skill

>Nuh uh when the map got smaller and I happened to be outside the zone and when I just happened to find a good weapon 2 minutes in a random spot that was pure skill baby!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=yGHJT0uQX5Q
youtube.com/watch?v=GBVLjgJk4NY
youtube.com/watch?v=v8KqHvYNTlY
youtube.com/watch?v=sfwG1zgc0_Q
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I have never even played this game but why are you so buttblasted by other people having fun?

>CALL shit game shit
>YOU JUST HATE FUN!

By this logic no one here should be able to criticize any game.
Not COD,not Bioware, not Bethesda not anything.
Oh unless that logic only applies to games you personally find fun?

Explain why some people have high win rates then if it's pure luck

cool dude you made another thread.

get cancer

Yep, you figured it out. You are wasting time and energy being upset about a video game made for entertainment. If you don't like it just don't play it.

I think what user was trying to say is that your opinion is definitely outcasted by any others, especially considering how well the game is selling. I think the idea of having to be lucky in choosing where you land is a good aspect to the game. You can survive quite long without a weapon if you know what you're doing, and that alone is fun.

Some people have consistently much higher win rates than the average. You're an idiot.

I watched some "pro" matches of this.

The winners were virtually always whoever landed near/first got to a good campsite that was in the center of the final circle.

I mean I can understand how people might find it enjoyable but to me the concept just seems so fundamentally flawed I could never enjoy it unless I just did not care about winning.

Whoa calm down dude!

Some people have consistently much higher win rates in Hearthstone too.

This, close thread.

though this should be the mentality, you don't belong here.

There is some level of luck involved yes. But part of the "skill" in this game is playing around your luck. Got shit loot? Lay low and move to a position that has loot, but not other players. etc. As you get more experienced in the game, you will consistently place higher than you were in the beginning. Luck is literally a gameplay element that you have to play around, it keeps the game fresh and helps distinguish each game.

>Hurr

I'll agree that the first minutes of the game consist heavily on luck, you could enter a house and find nothing but a pistol an the guy in the next house finds a M4. But if you survive the first 5 minutes of the game you have no one to blame but yourself for whatever bullshit happens to you.

>"Some camper hiding in a corner got me when i entered a house"
You should have checked the corners before fully commiting to get in
>"I just got randomly headshoted while" running"
Maybe try not running throught the fields like a nigger who just escaped his massa
>"Not my fault i lost, i just got the bad end of the circle"
You should plan ahead of time what to do in case the circle is in your favor or not.

If this game was entirely based on luck there wouldnt be players that consistenly get to be top 10 most rounds.

This is complete nonsense though

That's how the matches I watched played out. Whoever was lucky enough to get good gear and a good position early had a way higher chance of winning than someone who didn't.

>muh rng

What kind of retard would fall for that? Good gun or not how you use it is entirely up on you. Surely you are not the kind of dumb nigger that gets a pistol and tries to fight some cunt with a rifle, right? You hide and get the drop on them OR loot somewhere else. Pretending that the first gun you find is all you get before you are forced into a duel at ten paces is retarded.

They need to make it even more like Battle Royale.

>Everyone gets a bag at the start. Contains a mix of items to the useful to the mundane
>A "supply" drop every 5-7 minutes.
>Only one gun on the map.
>Pitch black night

Only the first minute on the ground is luck. The one who finds weapon/gear first usually wins.

Getting fucked by the circle can be considered bad luck but it takes skill to make the best of a shitty situation. Even I have managed to win after getting circlefucked all game.

>You are wasting time and energy being upset about a video game made for entertainment.
but Sup Forums has years doing this, how new are you?

I am assuming you recorded the details of these observations including the number of matches watched, which weapons were found by which players, landing locations, circle locations and which players won. If not, I am going to dismiss it as confirmation bias.

Feel free to do that.

I was merely recounting my experiences watching some matches when I was on the fence about buying this game or not and the decision I came to.

I mean I think it's obvious to say that getting good luck in this game gives you a clear advantage but isn't a make or break thing. However that's still too much RNG for my tastes.

If you're fine with that then I'm happy for you and hope you get a ton of enjoyment out of you're game. It's just not for me.

I have been browsing Sup Forums for over 10 years.

Sorry to say but your experiences are worthless, hun. This is Sup Forums, we only care about cold hard facts.

lol thanks for the chuckle

They need to add vaulting already

Except you have no way of knowing any of this. How can you know where and when other people landed and how soon they got geared other than really early on and with people in your local vicinity, of which there should be very few.

I've ran around for 15 mins with no armor and an uzi and only managed to get top 5 once id killed someone and took his gear

You need to learn to jump properly

I mean I'm pretty sure you don't. You just get your gear, start camping, and hope you never have to move because your chances of victory drop dramatically the instant you leave cover.

If you could know where the circle would end up and what gear everyone else had that would mitigate the RNG.

Fun is just a buzzword for when you can't think of any real reason as to why the game is good. Don't use it.

>Games based purely on luck and not skill
>Retards actually think PUBG is dependent on anything BUT skill

Kid, people make their own luck.
You get dealt different hands and make the rest up with ingenuity and skill.

Or you forget about ingenuity and skill and instead cry about how lucky everyone else is.
Fun thing about being a loser, it's a choice.

Luck is also a skill. A skill I am lacking in. gitgud nigga and stop being a bitch, though I don't think this last bit is impossible for you.

If it's pure luck, why doesn't everyone win roughly the same amount of the time? Why do some people play 50 hours of solo without a win while some win one game out of five?

What you are perceiving as luck are actually divine blessings from Allah. You see them as luck because you have no faith.

It's objectively fact. You can spawn in, pick a spot, loot every house in the area and walk away without a single firearm. What the fuck do you do then? Every fucking nigger plays on the lowest setting so there's no chance to sneak around. Every other building is going to be looted already since there's so many people and so few spots to get gear. At best you find a left over pistol and run around doing fuck all as you get sniped out by every fucking child camping a spot with an 8x scope and KAR98.

Game is RNG defined.

>Win 3 games back to back
>I got carried, we got some ringers in our squad that can solo at the end and win

Hahahaha, people who say it's luck have never been on the winning team. I make some good callous but I'm terrible at anything past mid range.
You should see good players in action. They are killing machine and play the map and cover well around the circle.

They always know where to drop, when to leave, where the best cover is, etc... Playing without them you feel fucking lost because of all the value add they supply the squad with.

The same can be said about roguelikes, do they also require no skill? Just because one time out of literally millions you'll go without finding a gun in good looting spots?

Because luck only matters until the final 20 people are alive. Then it turns into something that's not luck but also not skill. It's literally how to game the system 101 and play like the biggest cunt possible. Remember that video of the COD guy teaching people how to win, and all he does is sit in a corner with his sight up on the doorway? This is basically the same shit all over again just by being the biggest nigger imaginable.

Get gud. Can't find a gun? Kill someone and take theirs.

night map with badass flashlights when?

Sounds like the classic complaints of a scrub loser to me. Some things never change.

Gaming the system is literally fucking skill, dude. It's not like you're glitching, you're using strategies, and if you're good enough you can respond to just about everything that gets thrown at you.

HAHAHA
You can make it to top 20 without firing a single shot. That's not fucking luck, if you don't sprint around like a retard in an open field or road.

How can you call it luck based when the best FPS player of all time, 12-time world champion Johnathan "Fatal1ty" Wendel is atop the leaderboards?

So you're one of these faggots that I outplay with my squad thanks to tactic knowledge?

g i t
g u d

Your skill increases your odds greatly. Your gear will get progressively better as you kill some niggas and take their shit. If you ran around like an idiot with level 1 armor and a shotgun the whole game, then you're fucked when it's getting down to 20 players.

Yeah stacking healing effects and sitting outside the zone is definitely skill.

>night map
>flashlights give away your position but you can't see without them
>night vision goggles equivalent to ghillie suit rarity.

Actually sounds pretty good as a rare weather mode.

Because you're a faggot for knowing who that is

Doesn't work end game

What's his secret?

You can only do that on early cricles and it's not to sit outside it's to get a fucking good position and not have assholes come up behind you like you do on other people.

Try sitting in a late game blue, you have probably never survived that long but you don't even have enough time to use first aids or medkits full boosted. Retard.

The people that are killing you with a level 3 helmet and level 3 vest with a Kar98 8x and a fully loaded SCAR may have had extreme luck, but it was more than likely he used his skill to actually kill a few people to get that gear while you pussyfooted around little houses and camped with your level 1 vest and pump shotgun.

I'm consistently top 10, and many times made it to a 1v1. It always ends in some nigger being prone, with all level 3 armor, not dying while I unload on him and then he one shots me because RNG dictated that the best I could get all game is level 1 police vest and no helmet.

>SCAR
>not superior Groza

I can never help but chuckle when I see people on Sup Forums complain about their lack of skill, when they're probably eating like a complete noob.

>tfw you finally got gud
>~8% winrate all modes combined

Serious question: What character models did they use, e.g. which race was motion captured? Because the models are very fit and slim and have a surprsingly attractive ass.
As Bluehole is korean i guess they used korean actors? If so, it shows how the asian body goes very well with a white face.

Good luck with that

if youre literally running around end game with no helmet and level 1, youre obviously looting a single building then sitting in one spot for the rest of the game, youre shit

>I unload on and he one shots me
>luck

AHAHAHAAHAHAHAHA.
You give away your position and blow your load and potato, and then he takes one clean head shot and fucks you.

The shooting is not RNG. Stop holding still, if you know where he is frag grenade the shit out of him or rush him so he has no time to react.

Shooting at everyone you see immediately is retarded. If you know where they are just get the most adventitious position or cleanest shot lined up, and if they spot you early then you react and fight.

I think what this game need is feral ai beasts in order to prevent people from camping.

>discussing this shit game instead of posting every single "card game riding on Hearthshit" ever
retards all of you

Camping is part of the game. The circle and looting requirements keeps people from hiding all game already.

>feral ai beasts
Isn't a nigger ai kinda of an oxymoron?

>STOP LIKING THINGS I DON'T LIKE
>STOP HAVING FUN THE GAME IS SHIT
>INSTEAD YOU SHOULD BE SHITPOSTING HOW I LIKE TO SHITPOST

Ask me how I know your a faggot.

What, killing people? Are you so bad that you think killing people is hard?

They probably don't even have gaming optiks.

He probably uses a microuzi on semi with a quickdraw mag and no optic.
It's fucking luck everyone else manages to kill him.

Reminder this is OP

I hate streamer bait games
I just don't get why people keep playing shit like this and that dumb car soccer game
Have we really degenerated to this level of mindlessness

I'm guessing you have 0 friends?
I don't play either of those games solo because they aren't fun solo.

I played both with friends and they are so much fun.

You can put an optic on a microuzi? Honestly did not know that. Probably because I only use it early game until I can get my hands on an AR and shotgun/better smg.

>Stop liking what I don't like!

That's the fucking point. How do you think you are going to beat someone without an optic?

UMP and Vector are much better alternatives for close range sprayers because you can have better sights and attachments.

>it's fun with friends
Everything is fucking fun with friends. You don't have to play the latest streamer bait game to have fun with friends.

What am I going to do with them sing kumbaya?
No everything is not fun with friends. We play games together.

Churning butter or laying dry wall is not fun with friends retard.
We don't watch streamers we play fun games together.

Honestly i think playing squad solo is amazing

Who gives a shit?

>Everything is fucking fun with friends
Why don't you get together with some friends and pluck each others pubes?

Epic.

Upvoted.

Bullshit. It's happened to me several times even trying to loot other people I kill and even they don't have any helmets. I don't even sit on my ass, I am constantly trying to stay ahead of the zone shrink so I DON'T have to deal with that rush force around the border coming in from behind.

Yeah no. I don't just "spray all over" I see blood. I even had an 8x on an M416. Headshot this fuck not once, not twice but 3 times. He survived only to sprint away and take cover, heal up and do it all over again. He STILL survived. The only time he died is when I finally just sprinted up on him and sprayed his torso with an Uzi.

Level 3 armor and helmet is fucking broken and if you have it, you better win otherwise you are garbage because that's literally cheating compared to someone with no helmet and level 1 vest on running around.

>Everything is more fun with friends, so that argument is meaningless
I've never understood this train of thought. Even if every game is more fun with friends, there are some games that are obviously more intended to be played with groups than others. Would you expect Mario Party to be just as much fun by yourself as it is with others?

>It's cheating that people with better gear have an advantage
What are you, a fucking communist?

Wow an M4 the best sniping weapon in the game for long range headshots.
Try a rifle that can blow a level 3 in one shot. Dang it takes 2 shots instead of 1 shot to down them.

Fun is just a buzzword for when you can't think of any real reason as to why the game is good. Don't use it.

If you think it's acceptable for it to take more than 3 fucking headshots from an M416 on some clueless retard to down them, you are the problem.

With with your rifles you bunny hopping nigger.

>explain about the accurate military simulated long range rifle combat
>STOP DEFENDING THE GAME
Well it's fun and I like it.
>STOP COMING UP WITH EXCUSES AND GIVE REAL REASONS

So in your mind, the game is popular for some unknown reason that can never be proven and everyone who enjoys it is retarded.
Must be difficult being you.

Rocket League actually requires Skill

Stop crying because you can't clutch the endgame. I get chicken dinners all the time just get a friend who can carry you or get better.

Poor crybaby loses on games :(

Compared to actual high skill FPSs, PUBG is about as low skill as you can get. I dunno how situational awareness somehow became the top meme of people who defend this game. You have to know when to move, you have to minimize all chances of you being snapped by a potshot etc etc. None of that is unique to PUBG, you need good situational awareness to be decent at any FPS. When you talk about actual skill ceiling though, PUBG's is low. That really can't be debated, people defend the skill aspect because they won a few rounds and think they're gods.

>That really can't be debated
Good argument armchair philosopher.

Different dude but he's right. You could debate it, but your arguments would most likely be bad.

Different dude her, but how can you evaluate the merit of an argument before it is made?
Unless you have already made up your mind and decided to ignore any valid points anyone has to make.

Isn't that kind of a joke you say it can't be debated and what you really mean is that you refuse to debate it and instead just dismiss any argument as bad or incorrect regardless of their substance?

youtube.com/watch?v=yGHJT0uQX5Q
youtube.com/watch?v=GBVLjgJk4NY

>PUBG frag videos
>ADS and click
>zero advanced movement
>inb4 its the situational awareness thats high skill

Such high skill. Never before seen in an FPS.

youtube.com/watch?v=v8KqHvYNTlY
youtube.com/watch?v=sfwG1zgc0_Q

I think PUBG is a skill/luck based game. No one is forcing you to stay in a certain area or to have shit loot,me and my friends have wiped full geared squads with just shotguns by drawing them into buildings to fight in close quarters. if you see a more advantageous spot in the circle take a few moments to analyze the area and find out whats the best path to approach your destination. This game punishes indecisive players heavily that's why i think some people either automatically hate it or love it.

>TLDR game punishes indecisive players but if your shit at the game you can always improve or just play something else.

>youtube montage videos with shitty music
Ask me how I know you are underage.

PUBG is one of the worst early access games ever released. Wouldn't be surprised if owner had secret deeals with popular streamers to shill the game in exchange for money. Think about it. It would be essentially purchasing advertising.

Just pay some tens of thousands and he'll regularly play your game hyping it up: guarantee plebs will buy it in droves thinking its the best.

What if the biggest streamers suddenly started promoting no mans sky? It would become GOTY & be wildly successful.