We finally have some decent footage of the gamescom Xenoblade stream and it looks amazing...

We finally have some decent footage of the gamescom Xenoblade stream and it looks amazing. The ost is pretty good and the battle system is actaully looking better with quicker movement and arte charge.

youtube.com/watch?v=P_R1QP3prb4&t=382s

Other urls found in this thread:

siliconera.com/2017/08/21/monolith-soft-recruiting-new-project-different-usual-image/
youtube.com/watch?v=P_R1QP3prb4&feature=youtu.be&t=26m12s
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Environments and exploration seems top notch as always, as does the music, but the rest looks awful.

As expected of Neolithsoft.

>HAL dead
Yeah fucking right

This is your legendary weapon for tonight. Say something nice about her.

Combat seems better than XCX already. Party members matter again and the AI seems smarter too

How salty can one retard be?

Good to see that at least one person here understands what's truly happening over in Kimishima's Dictatorship

this is some crazy tinfoil hat production

Hi

Chronicles-fags truly are the FF7-fags of the 2010's.

Those companies aren't dead, in fact they're richer and more active than they used to be.

I'm new to the series (only started playing Xenogears) but I know all three of them are separate franchises altogether but are there any thematic similarities or references to the previous games?

are there any thematic similarities or references to the previous games?

A shitload of them.

Yes there are.

Gears and Saga are more close to eachother.
XCX and Saga are close to eachother but not as much as Gears

XC has absolutely nothing to do with the entire series, and was merely an experiment to increase the director's morale after Namco cucked him

yes, they are all gnostic wankfests

>the this will get reposted in every single xenoblade thread as if it constitutes an argument
I know ms paint comics are just a thing on Sup Forums, but it's still obnoxious.

What was the thinking behind the decision to gate automatically charged arts behind an upgrade? I mean, that's probably going to put me off using new arts until I can upgrade them

Amazon Japan reviews of XCX

So, when are they going to release 1 for the Switch? I missed it and I don't feel like fucking around in Dolphin to get it playable and then deal with random crashes and weird ass bugs, and the portability would be nice. I'm not interested in the 3DS version, just no.

Why does it look like there's less player input in combat than the first two games?

sweet, I just wanted to know if it's worth it to play right from the very beginning

Probably virtual console at some point. It took 3 years to appear on the WiiU tho

Christ imagine if the arts are also upgraded by continual use instead of a pool of points as well.

I would be fine with that, but why aren't they pushing it out a couple of months before the release of 2? Maybe it would be too logical for Nintendo, we can't have that.

another game suffering from washed out colors,who tought placing a shade of 1 color in the screen the whole time was a good idea?

It's already on 3DS and Nintendo are weird as fuck

Plus, they've got marketing blitzes for FE Warriors and Mario Odyssey to do yet. Might get a surprise direct

I really wish rex didn't look so dumb though

For some reason it feels like they will push the game to 2018

Fuck the 3DS version.

Tetsuya Takahashi died for me 11 years ago

His new games just make me sad

They remind me of what could have been instead

They already began working on their next game: Xenoblade Dogma Souls X

siliconera.com/2017/08/21/monolith-soft-recruiting-new-project-different-usual-image/

What's exactly wrong with the 3DS version though? I've heard people shit on it but never give any examples.

Monolithsoft are historically pretty bad at battle systems, that's why.

>pulling potions out of enemies
Not sure yet if I like it but it's better than the XCX system

Playing an ugly disfigured version of a game clearly not intended for this kind of hardware in 12 fps and no JP voices is not my idea of having fun.

I like her hex grid

I think it's retarded. Mechanically it might be okay, but I would expect a much more solid in-universe explanation of the healing, instead of just pulling literal potions out of them. Why? It would go so much further in terms of immersion. I would expect this much from a story focused RPG. It's just so lazy.

>12 fps

Okay, that's a problem. The voice acting thing isn't as big a deal as long as you can turn it off though.

Truth. I speak for most of Sup Forums when I say that Takahashi sold his soul when he was bought out by jewtendo. Xenoblade and up are not true xeno games. Only smashcucks peddle that meme.

>XB2-kun this assdevastated
Sheesh

thinking about it they couldve just said "this attack separates some ether from the enemies body" or something, have them be green globs of goo that heal you and be done with it. It's really weird they went with actual potion bottles.
Mechanically I like that you gotta go get the heal if you want it tho, adds another thing to watch/do in battle.

i want to stick my legendary weapon in Homura!

It's not like it matters in the end because everyone will have a full offense team like the previous games

>thinking about it they couldve just said "this attack separates some ether from the enemies body" or something, have them be green globs of goo that heal you and be done with it. It's really weird they went with actual potion bottles.

That's exactly what I was thinking.

I feel so releaved that someone here on this board feels that way too

Usually people only reply with Mechas, Music and exploring an open world. As if they would talk about a whole different game franchise.

Can't have a xeno thread without this guy

MAMA MIA

Is the MC really going to be a manlet?

While I do feel the Xenoblade games are much weaker than his previous works pre-Nintendo, these are still very solid games. No need to be overly dramatic.

What? Don't like the fact that we feel betrayed by a once great director who sold his soul for that just so happened to put him in a position where he only churns out bottom of the barrel moetrash?

There are many others who feel our pain brother. They have been driven away by the gross circlejerks in these threads. Pitiful...

Worse even, a child. Too fucking sick and tired of these shonen protags, seinen desperately needs to make a return.

Bah, such a sellout product. Can;'t wait for this totally-not-cliche turd with a whiny shota and his sword harem and the power of friendship and blablablablablabla.....ZZZZzzZZZzzzzZZZZZ.....

Once can only cling to the hope that it will turn out to be more complicated than that since it's takahashi.

However, I'm sure you've heard that he's going for something more lighthearted than his usual stuff, so I wouldn't hold out hope since he's venturing out of his area of expertise.

It's already out in 3 plataforms + dolphin, why would you want another?

>Her

>However, I'm sure you've heard that he's going for something more lighthearted than his usual stuff,

The reps even said there's mature themes and topics in the story. Takahashi says it's more light-hearted but it only means the surface of the game seems more lighthearted, like the exterior look and feel of it. That's it.

I hear that Soraya will be involved in their next project and that their next project will be an "ambitious" title unlike XC2. So there is some hope that I have left

Go back to terrorizing FFXV threads you limp dick.

It's comparable framerate to the Wii version, he's memeing.

>388529539
>388530126
>388530637
>WE

Where are my XCXfriends at?
I miss you

Sad samefag

i was hyped for this game, especially because of pyra but FUCK the gameplay is just horrible

It wasn't the perfect game.
But it was a fun ride all in all.

waiting for cemu to actually make the game playable

a lilting melody for sore ears my man

maybe there's hope after all

I want to impregnate her and make little throwknifes

You are the only sad one here, and probably underage aswell

Cemu is a Zelda program now.

With every new iteration, Zelda got slightly better while every other game got worse.

Post proof you weren't samefagging ;)

I hope you die. You're the cancer of this fanbase.

>"X is sci-fi big manly game where there is no typical Xeno themes like philosophy, psychology, gnosticism or religious symbolism interlaced in the story but it's, err, just like Xenosaga and Xenogears because, uh, there are mechs, and uh, it's sci-fi, even though the sci-fi and themes of X is much closer to mass effect than Xenosaga and Xenogears...uh, blah blah Monado babies? Yeah."

Thats XB2-kun for you. He does this every thread where we criticize his favorite shonen LN game.

Still here keeping NLA Alien Scum free

Nice projection

That general was pure cancer.

>When you get BTFO so hard for years that you immediately try to pull the same shit that happened to you on another game
HAHAHA

Living in your head rent free, cunt.

I'm going to switch her out asap. Stupid boob sword.

In Professor B's car

You did give him the fanciest one now, did you?

youtube.com/watch?v=P_R1QP3prb4&feature=youtu.be&t=26m12s

Great, it's even worse than in xenoblade X

Alex did nothing wrong!

Is this acting or serious autism?

hard to tell

Hwat am I looking at

There literally is.

Not only did they redesign the UI to require fewer button presses, the maximum number of presses to go from an art you just activate to activating another art is now 2 instead of the previous 5, but they also reduced the number of inputs by incentivizing staying still and removing the "Press B" qte prompts for healing/morale that the previous games had.

>the fucking state of this game
People were hyped for this?

>Replying
LOL.

Rent free, cuck. Go back to your thread.

All the xeno games before chronicles were fucking awful lol?

I don't appreciate the art style shift at all.

Fucking great. It's not only shonenshit, but the most casualized trash this side of Wii shovelware. But of course shills will defend it.

None of us do. Literally a complete tonal shift towards moeshit.

Less busy work as far as I'm concerned.

I've seen people point out that it's a step in classic xeno's direction compared to blade, but never once have I seen anybody say it's a true return. Like said, you're just projecting.

X didn't feel at all like classic xeno until the cutscene where your first enter the lifehold core, but that was just the music and camerawork/framing of the cutscene and the visual architecture, not the writing or plot.

Rex gets focused by the enemy on the other side of the lake for way too long.
Look how much he need to walk in order for it to stop attacking.

Tbh Max level Smooth Recovery + Secondary Speed trivialises Soul Heals completely.

Oh. Wish they'd fix that.

It's a Takahashi RPG. That's like saying "people were hyped for this?" to a new Paul Thomas Anderson film. It makes no sense. Takahashi Xeno games are always always good if not great games and definitely some of the most creative, grande, bold, and epic RPGs ever made.

I liked the XCC system. It alleviated the problem of having a dedicated healer while also incentivising combos

>battle system is actaully looking better

But all Xeno battle systems suck so that's not saying much

Meh. I'm proably the biggest sagafag on the site but rex is really the only thing keeping me from being ok with it. I'd prefer something in line with xenosaga III's style but it's not the end of the world

That was terrible in X, and the enemies were so fucking fast as well.

Being narrow-minded really does interfere with your consciousness, taste and understanding

Makes me wonder why I even bother typing at all