Do you guys think WoW having over a 110 levels is dumb?

Do you guys think WoW having over a 110 levels is dumb?

I know you can boost a character but telling someone who has never played WoW is kinda off putting.

once upon a time someone at blizz quoted they would never go above level 100

Times change

>Do you guys think WoW having over a 110 levels is dumb?
No. I think wow having to grind 110 lvls of worthless content is dumb. Why even have lvls anymore?

AO has 200 normal levels, 20 shadow levels, 30 alien levels. That's level 250 at max. Fuck off with your garbage MMO.

Yeh and the games boring as fuck now

This. Just remove levels and make gear the only thing that matters

the leveling experience was meaningful once upon a time, back when it was actually a major part of the game that introduced you to important game concepts, forced you to get out and network with people to advance, and forced you to learn to play your class to advance
it's completely meaningless now and only exists as an impediment to reaching the "real" game in order to jew people into paying for boosts.

No it wasn't. I played durning vanilla and it still was a shoot as fast as you can. It was more somthibg to do wile you waited in ques.

@@388529761
bait of this quality won't get my (You)

>having 110 levels
>idiots waste a shitload of time to reach the max level
>free bux for blizzard through monthly payments

The difficulty stays the same, only Blizzard became more jewish with the years.

>388529059
What's AO?

i dont play wow since vanilla, but i dont think going to 11 now is the same time as 60 back then

or am i wrong?

@@388529885
Most clans wouldn't expect anyone who wasn't lvl 60 and leaning your character ment look up the optimum build or get kicked from all raids.

i have a twink to play BGs, so yeah we need levels,

Anarchy Online, i think

Anarchy Online.
Fucking millenials who discovered MMO with WoW.

I've had a radical idea since MoP was around, but I think it would piss off and confuse a lot of people as well as being difficult to implement. My thought is that the max level at any time would be restricted to level 100. Every time a new expansion is released every character at 90-100 would be dropped back down to 90 and all the previous expansions would scale from ??-90 as well as all the gear too. Then the new expansion would take place from 90-100. Essentially the idea would be that the more expansions that come out would open up your choices to level alts.

I was think once past 100 you go back to level 1 but as an elite.

It's going to be crazy to see people running around at level 200 if this continues.

Getting to 11 in vanilla took about 3 hours. In modern WoW it takes about 10 minutes. Honestly, I'm not one of those guys that's mad about the faster leveling these days. The entirety of WoW now a days is built on getting to max level and then going back to older expansions and collecting things. The game is essentially a collect-a-thon with optional raids at the end. Sure, the game doesn't appeal to me these days, but I'm fine with that. I got 5 good years out of WoW and I'm not looking at devoting much more time outside of experiencing the newest expansion for a month or so. I just wish there were a new MMO like vanilla WoW, but I don't think we'll ever see that again.

the post i was responding to
>No it wasn't. I played durning vanilla and it still was a shoot as fast as you can. It was more somthibg to do wile you waited in ques.
>waiting in queues
>vanilla
the only queues that existed were bg queues. and yeah, you did aim to get through the leveling experience quickly, but that's not the point. the point is that it was a meaningful part of actually learning the game and it also forced you to interact with people if you wanted to advance. this prepped you for the heavily community-driven endgame where you needed to be able to network well to get a group of forty retards to not stand in fire.

I don't mind having 200 levels, as long as the journey there feels relevant and doesn't feel tedious

>200
won't happen
next expansion is the last one, level cap will be 120 and then they'll start milking the community that wants to restart from the beginning like they're doing with sc:r and wc3:r

the leveling curve in vanilla was
1-10: easy, usually an elite quest somewhere but it was optional (e.g. hogger or that yeti in dun morogh)
11-20: still pretty easy, but introduced you to elite camps that required grouping. leveling took longer, but was still reasonably quick. first dungeon can be done at the latter half of this, teaching you how to form dungeon groups and how roles work.
21-30: starting to get difficult, usually introduced pvp areas and forced you to start zone hopping across continents.
30+: difficulty factor is introduced that makes xp needed exponential instead of linear, this makes leveling take significantly longer as you get higher. 30-40 is the first casual killer and starts to introduce some of the more difficult quests. 41-60 starts to get really difficult but by then you've started to figure out what you're doing and you've mostly weeded out the people without the dedication to make it.

Why is there always fucking threads for this dead game even though Sup Forums collectively hates it now? How much does blizzard spend on viral marketing?

because there are tens of thousands of unique posters on Sup Forums every day and despite how many people blizzard has managed to drive off, wow is still the most popular mmo out there and is still an industry behemoth. and even though i don't like a lot of what has happened with the game, i still find myself playing it when new content comes out.

WoW never did that, FFXI on the other hand did but that's a game that did it all right and actually had level cap of 75 for nearly a decade.

At this point WoW should just keep slamming in levels and letting people play through at least a day or two of content at the start of each expansion as they work to get max level again. Stats are once again bloated to insane heights so who cares anyway what the level number says.

The bg queues is what i was talking about. The grind up to 60 was ridiculous back then. Way more then was needed to "network or learn". The truth is the low level content in this game has always been rushed even since vanilla. They would be better to do away with level and make the entier world gear baced. The way it is now you have massive portions of the world no one goes to or cares about. Why even have that?

Nostalgia is a hell of a drug. Also, despite being garbage it's still the best MMO on the market. A lot of us grew up not just with WoW, but with Warcraft as a whole. I started playing Warcraft 2 when I was 7 and Warcraft has been a part of my life since then. A lot of us also like discussing hypotheticals that will never happen, like if we're given control of WoW for a few years.

>WoW never did that
it did in vanilla
burning crusade de-eliteified a bunch of elite camps and introduced the reduction factor which counteracted the difficulty factor and made leveling a lot easier. a lot of people liked burning crusade but the casualization of the leveling process really began there.

>The grind up to 60 was ridiculous back then
that's what i'm saying
it was difficult and forced you to learn stuff that was essential in the endgame. regardless of how fast you tried to get through it, it forced you to learn things you would need at the end, especially if it was your first time but even if you were just playing a new spec.
the leveling process in modern wow is completely meaningless and teaches you nothing other than where ui elements are. things are so ridiculously dumbed down and easy that blizzard's 10 minute class trial tutorial gives more meaningful information about how to play your class than the entire pre-current content leveling process.

>but telling someone who has never played WoW

Statistically there aren't people in the US or Europe among WoW's target age that haven't played it yet so they couldn't care less.

Leveling in wow is a joke, you can reach level 100 just by sticking with the lfd

What expansion was the best times?

I don't give a fuck about objective comparison or what expansion was the best overall, I just want to know when you had the most fun

I played very casually during vanilla and I played seriously during tbc but I have to admit that wotlk were my true golden days

By then I was the single best tank on my entire server and Ulduar and ICC were just so fucking comfy

Riding through Dalaran on my Zulian tiger with my 25HC gear just gloating and flexin on niggas
Best time ever

BC because a lot of friends were playing back then.

You have to remember that WoW's leveling experience is effectively the vanilla game's 1-60 (or rather the cata remake) and then 6 sequels. They're done as expansions rather than sequels because it's an MMO and it requires continuity, but when you level from 1-110 you're playing through 13 years and 7 boxed releases worth of levelling content.

Mate what he's saying is that devs went overboard with grind needed to get lvl capped.

Also
> it forced you to learn things you would need at the end
No it didn't , it just took a lot of time with no effort needed other than said time. As an example more than half people that got to lvl cap didn't know what their spells/mechanics were for and no amount of quests and lvls will teach you mechanics that are needed in raids (and I mean your class rotations,utilities etc and not your class role in the group).

For me leveling was for players interractions and to make world more vibrant and alive and I don't get where do you get that " learn things you would need at the end" bullshit since lvling had nothing to do with this.

I honestly like the way Guild Wars 2 tried to do things with Heart of Thorns, adding different levels that served a different function. I guess BnS' Dongmoon levels count too.

I honestly would prefer an MMO with a low level cap, and at most you get specializations/subclasses. Bigger focus on content being mechanically challenging instead of going jumping through boring levelling and gearing hoops, but it'll never happen because everyone is a retarded monkey addicted to the sense of "character progression."

The appeal of MMOs for me was always just having a persistent world and persistent player characters and tackling hard content with friends, but now worlds are 3D lobbies where the ratio of levelling/gear and actually playing what you geared/levelled up for is 2:1.

>vanilla
>Que's

I started just after BC came out, I didn't think Que's happened until WotLK

They didn't he's full of shit.

who is she?

FF14 might not have level 110, but the way the class system works, telling someone that there are 12+ combat classes and 10 someodd crafting classes all at lvl70 that can be achieved on one character would seem daunting to a newbie too

Why would you be waiting on BGs while leveling they didn't give experience back then and you had to queue in major cities. Your talking out your ass.

>ques
>I played during vanilla
Why would you lie on an anonymous image board, user?

there were queues for bgs and arena in BC

Because MMOs are stupid. Pointless timesink
>inb4 all games are pointless
Yes but MMOs are even more since they take up time where you could be playing other games.

It takes a day to get to level 80, it takes another day to get to level 100.

A day as in 24 hours, or a day as in a day of playing? Please don't lie.

Uh, like 18 hours of playing to 80 if you don't take breaks and know what to do and/or queue as a tank.

That's without leveling gear/potions, which can make your life very easy for relatively cheep.

source?

>but MMOs are even more since they take up time where you could be playing other games.
I don't think that matters if you like playing the game you're currently playing anyway.

Twinks are for people who are bad at the game and who's main's suck to feel like they're good at PvP.

It's on the bottom left of the image. There is a nude version of the picture on that person's tumblr.

Real question is, who is THAT?!

Gee, I have no fucking clue who that is. If only their name was on the picture.

GW 2 is trash, it's like overwatch of MMO's also the "I like the jumping puzzles" players speak volumes about the target audience this game aims for, not mentioning the bullshit SJW pandering or the fact that devs of GW2 play that Final Fantasy MMO rather than their own games is another indication of how low they regard their own game.

But that aside lets concentrate on gameplay. It's shallow thus the overwatch analogy. Devs completely don't give a fuck about core of the game (fixing meta which is stale as fuck both PvP and PvE), PvE is boring as fuck when you realize that you just smash shit and your character has almost no impact on others performance and everyone is just zerging and doing shit for themselves (main reason world events just suck after few times), Raiding is almost non existent and fractals are for literal autists, as I didn't PvP much I won't touch the subject but from rumors I've heard seems World PvP is dead and PvP overall is meta based as stale as fuck. There is more but I don't want to write a book.

Calm down, I don't like GW2 either.

>Sup Forums collectively hates it
Do you have asbestos in your house