Uh oh

uh oh

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=HdEL1SbZ71g&list=PL6DF2386D628D3654&index=6
videogamer.com/news/gearboxs-chief-creative-and-borderlands-3-writer-has-left-the-studio-due-to-ill-health
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Gearbox shouldn't make anything ever again. All they do is produce hot garbage.

>gearbox

>feminism is awesome Xir Freewomyn

badass

Fuck off Randy.

Who the fuck asked him to make it?

What's the context of this? Why would Gearbox think they'd have the opportunity to even make it?

They've made Half Life games before and valve clearly aren't going to do it themselves.

>They started with developing expansions to Valve Software's Half-Life. Porting Half-Life to console platforms (each with new game content) followed, building the company's experience in console game-making, in addition to enhancing and building upon the successful Counter-Strike branch of the Half-Life franchise. Prior to Half-Life 2, they had developed or helped develop every Half-Life expansion game or port, including Opposing Force, Blue Shift, Counter-Strike: Condition Zero, Half-Life for the Sony PlayStation 2 (including Half-Life Decay), and Half-Life for the Sega Dreamcast (including Blue Shift).

They have extensive knowledge and experience with the franchise.

Fucking this.

Okay, but given their recent track record, why would they get the opportunity? You can't honestly tell me you have faith that they'll actually make a good game.

>gearbox

man, valve haters are really desperate

NO

REFRAIN

GORDON FREEMAN IS badass

Oh dear god no.

Remember the OP is about Randy THINKING he might be able to. He does have reason to think that, even though nobody else is delusional enough to think his trackrecord doesn't disqualify him unless Valve just really don't give a single damn anymore.

MONKEY PAW

No, I have zero faith they'd make a good game. I'm just explaining why Bitchford's opinion would be relevant to the discussion of Half Life.

THAT WAS BADASS GORDON

>we live in a timeline where gearbox is going to make half life episode 3

gearbox made the original half life games and many current award winning games like the popular Borderlands series which revolutionized the action-RPG FPS genre singlehandedly redefining gaming.

As a gamer I hope that we get Half Life Episode 3 from Gearbox the team who brought us Half Life.

Does anyone that even fucking made Opposing Force/Blue Shift still work at modern Gearbox? It's the same problem that Episode 3 has with modern Valve. More than half the staff that worked on the series is no longer with the company. Just because you have a name to live up to doesn't mean you can do it.

get down with the thickness

Fair enough. Good day gents.

reminder that opfor was fucking thrash

HOBBY

GRADE

BADASS

SCIENTIST

RANDOMLY GENERATED

CROWBARS

MONKEY PAAAAAWW

post yfw Blue Shift 2

So who here would take the monkeypaw and get a gearbox episode 3? Keep in mind, this would be the ONLY way to get it.

lmao gearbox didnt make half life. haha they just did the PS2 port hahahaha. fucking idiot.

They made one good expansion pack, one shitty expansion pack and one forgettable PS2 exclusive multiplayer HL game.

I think Mr bean would be bretty badass

They made Opposing Force, which is better than the base game. Fucking idiot.

>shitty expansion pack
oh come on it wasn't that bad

>including Opposing Force, Blue Shift, Counter-Strike: Condition Zero, Half-Life for the Sony PlayStation 2 (including Half-Life Decay), and Half-Life for the Sega Dreamcast (including Blue Shift)

And nothing of value was made.

hahahaha opposing force is the worst half life wtf hahaha fuck you idiot

>implying gearbox would make something anything worse than valve?
have you heard this guy's dialogue? this dude is the most anthony burch character every written and it wasn't even written by anthony burch.

Borderlands 2 would be one of the best FPS ever if it had less RPG shit. I'll be down for a Gearbox-made HL if they treated it like their own child and not Colonial Marines.

That said, it will never happen.

>opposing force
>better than the main game.

alright i laughed you got me

Portal 2 has some great lines, it's you who remember it for "hurr durr lemons"

Those people are most likely gone by now. You'd be left the same literal-cuckolds and feminists who worked on BL2 and NotOverwatch, AND femwashed old Duke Nukem games.

I'd rather HL either stay dead or be left to the fans to slowly create.

I can already see it.

>Start new game
>Black screen
>"Hey! Heeeeeey! Wakey Wakey! Ah, there you are! Hey, I don't blame yah, it's not like you've been waiting 10 years or so amirite? aHA! Come on Morga- uh, Gordon Ramsa- err... Freeman! Let's go. So I heard about this G-Man guy, sounds like a douche, but not you man, you're totally badass! Oh uh right, you need a weapon, ya know, being a video game and all you need to kill stuff! So let's see here... hmm we got plasma rifles, grenades, rocket launchers and.... OH. EM. GEE. THEY GOT A JELLY SANDWICH! Mm that was delicious, oh, where were we? Ah, right! The search for the epic badass weapon of awesomery.... Ah! Here it is! Dun nuh nuuuuuuuuuh! A crowbar! Hey, we can't spoil you just yet, so this is all you're gonna get! I'll carry the awesome shijg guns and kaboomy thingies until I think you're ready to use them (since this is a video game and all) * nudge nudge*. Alright my dude! LETS GOOOOOOOOOOOooooo ow my head... Don't worry, I'm okay! heh... stupid pole... from now on you are my arch nemesis... I'll get back at you mr pole!"

But that would be HL2 EP1.
I'm not baiting.

Borderlands is the only thing they do right and even then, they still shit it up a little.

Doesn't this just stink of Randy being desperate to save his failing company?

>"I turned myself into a *buuuurp* pickle Gordon! Pickle *brap* Breen!"

cave wasn't burch bad.

>Portal 2 has some great lines
name 5

IN RANDY WE TRUST
N

R
A
N
D
Y

W
E

T
R
U
S
T

#INRANDYWETRUST

Wasn't Homeworld remaster pretty good? Anyway, it's kind of a pointless speculation.

>InRandyWeBust
wow gay

>Doesn't this just stink of Randy being desperate to save his failing company?
>Failing Company
Known as one of the industry leaders in hiring not based on skill but on diversity it means their talent pool of skill is unlike that of any other top development studio.

>Laidlaw fanfiction wasnt the end
>It was the beginning of something much worse

>it means their talent pool of skill is unlike that of any other top development studio

You've got that right.

but now you are

Gabe did. They're best friends you know! I heard they play poker all the time.

I TURNED MYSELF INTO A BEAN GORDON!
I'M BEAN BREEN!

END MY SUFFERING PLEASE GORDON, I WISH TO DIE! HAHA GOD'S NOT REAL!

>Homeworld remaster
Oh shit I didn't even realize. You're right though.

LMAO

looks like gman

>half-life 3 directed by randy

WHO USED THE PAW FESS UP

Lets be honest when it comes to Sci-Fi like Fallout or Doom, wouldnt Bethesda helming ep3 or even better a reboot under a new IP licensed through Bethsoft be the better option for us as gamers?

This is why I dropped Borderland.

OF>HL2>HL2E2>HL1>BS>Decay>HL2E1

lmao noice one

If by Beth you mean idSoft, then yes.

I can already see the writing

Remember that time Gabe wanted to name his company Gearbox haha but he lost it in a wager to me when we played poker :)

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OH PLEASE GOOOOOOOD NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I doubt that. Half-Life 3 is nothing more than a over-glorified pipe dream.

If Gearbox went with it, this is the darkest timeline.

>Bethesda
No.

>Doom
That was idSoftware.

edit pickle rick face onto it and make this a MEME!

>Rise and shine Mr.Bonerfarts

id is owned by Bethesda, its a small studio with a small team who could manage a remake of Half-life since lets face it, its what gamers want. Gamers like me want a real experience and with the recent success of Doom there really isnt a better team than the people at Bethesda who make up smaller teams like the Id team.

upbloated

This ones pretty good.

>id is owned by Bethesda
I know, but it's important to differentiate between the team behind their RPGs and id. There are already two HL1 remakes by the way, that isn't what people are asking for.

It's his turn.

youtube.com/watch?v=HdEL1SbZ71g&list=PL6DF2386D628D3654&index=6

videogamer.com/news/gearboxs-chief-creative-and-borderlands-3-writer-has-left-the-studio-due-to-ill-health

Well... there's a 1% chance that it might be good, after all, just look at what they did with Opposing Force.

Kek pretty gud

Time to end it.

There's no HL2 remake. That would probably be better than what HL3 wouldn't been.

Id rather Bethesda make the game instead of Gearbox who are losers.

FUKEN DO IT

>Gordon Freeman and co. fail to take out the Combine
>HL3 begins inside a helicopter in a void
>Rise and shine, Corporal Shepard. I have, hhhhh, a job for you
>mfw

>Laidlaw leaked the plot to keep gearbox from shitting it up when valve makes their microtransaction shitfest

Proper medication is the gift that needs to be dug out of that shallow grave you placed it in after shooting that man four dozen and a quarter times because of a misunderstanding.

Opposing Force is great, and Blue Shift less so but still decent
I haven't played Decay but it always looked good at least

"Welcome, test subject, it's Cave. Prime. From Earth One. I am speaking to you from across time and space! I am literally in the future! I am--Hold on... [off mic] What? [on mic] Alright, my assistant Greg tells me none of that's true. Got excited. You are the first test subject we have ever sent into a parallel universe, which apparently has nothing to do with time travel. Still exciting. Anyway, you should be seeing a test chamber in front of you. We designed it, those backwater universe yokels built it, and you're gonna test it. Remember: You gotta let us know if it WORKS or not, otherwise you're wasting everybody's time on two earths. Alright, get to it."

"I've been thinking: What if Greg was right? What if injecting my consciousness into a computer robbed me of an eternal reward? Spiritually speaking. [beep] Alright, I just read up on it. Stumbled on a book about a fella who lived thousands of years ago. Sacrificed himself to save mankind. Went by the name of Hercules. Destroyed all the world's monsters so humans'd be safe, then went to Olympus for his trouble. Damn it, death was my monster! And I killed it! Where's my Olympus? Unless... Aperture was the monster. Aperture and everybody inside it. Holy Hercules! I just thought of something. Keep testing. Or don't. Doesn't matter. I'll be back."

My favorite quotes

It would be surprisingly appropriate to have Gearbox make a absolute piece of shit game to end the series considering what a fucking fiasco the whole thing has become
It's like that urban legend that people shit their pants when they die happening in motion

Nope, you are incorrect, that is the statement of someone who is against trying collaborative things in tandem.

it will be a telltale style game with a kung-fu fight between Shepard and Freeman at the end, Because unfinished business

How fucking gracious of him to step away from an offer that would never be made.

Arkane should make Episode 3

>Gearbox makes Ep3
>Dog now talks

>literal-cuckolds and feminists
Fuck off