Pirated Games and your isp

So lets say i pirated Vanilla wow played it for months took a break then logged last night. Wake up to an email from my isp saying they tracked the copy written material to my ip. What do i do?

It's already too late.

comcast has sent me dozens of emails saying i downloaded copyrighted material. haven't had anything happen yet

Don't pirate anymore.

safest thing to do is leave the country immediately

Move out to Switzerland where it's legal

Would this be a fine or would you do time?

Threaten them to change ISP and spread their disregard for client privacy.
Chang ISP immediately.

In what kind of third world shithole do you live that your ISP invades your privacy?

I dunno about in third world countries, but here in the US, it's illegal for ISPs to invade your privacy and spy on you like that.

They won't do jack shit about it because they can't do jack shit about it.

In fact, it's not illegal to pirate at all. You're not infringing copyright by downloading it as a consumer. The person you got it from is infringing copyright by redistributing it.

America sadly Comcast is the isp

>Comcast

You deserve it.

>third world shithole
america then, not even spic ISPs care about your downloads.

How do you even pirate these days? TPB is a fucking honeypot.

Just use it anyway you fucking pussy.

>Comcast
Even if it's legit, ignore it. They can't do anything.

>lmao dude just move to a country filled with immigrants

>Threaten them to change ISP and spread their disregard for client privacy.
Chang ISP immediately.

>his ISP tracks his downloads

Nice """""Freedom""""" Murica

Don't respond to it and just ignore it.

If you're American you are fucked.
If you're Canadian it doesn't matter, they can't do shit.
Not sure how things go in Europe but it's probably close to Canada.

You're fucked unless you're in Switzerland. Downloading is prohibited within the EU and acted upon

dont give a shit. Anything legal would come in a physical form stamped by an advocat. An email you can wipe your ass with

They wont do anything. Just ignore it. They know it was yoi because your IP address is literally visible to anyone downloading that torrent and they were paying someone to moniter that torrent.

Sadly that does not work in burgerland

Eastern european here, not sure if anyone can do anything to you legally, but even if they could, no one cares enough to do anything. I never heard of one person getting in trouble for online piracy. Software piracy is almost a cultural thing how widespread it is.

Just use one-click hoster and they can't do shit

Every ISP tracks downloads/all online activity, they just don't always act on it or notice it because that's a lot of shit to sift through. Even anonymity methods like TOR or VPNs are still tracked by ISPs, it's there, they just don't know who's doing it.

>Downloading is prohibited within the EU and acted upon

Lolno it isn't. Never heard of anything like that happening to anyone.

>Email
If it's not through snail mail, its a fucking scam

Not be underage.