Best Game of 1998

youtube.com/watch?v=Uhh8K2wJC1E

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zsIGkiXHO2A&ab_channel=blackblur7
youtu.be/iP5VzAc3i-A
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

you dummy

p sure thats metal gear solid fåm

1998 was a godlike year, but Sonic Adventure was just another broken piece of shit.

Go play Thief, you tasteless pleb.

>the original moviegame

That game came out in 1999 in the only place that matters. I'm talking about the USA.

You can tell people are young when they say this because they don't remember all the literal movie FMV games that predate MGS by years.

LOL lets be honest who here has actually completed one of these trash games.

FMV games aren't around any more.
tLoU was an game with minimal action, minimal stealth and an endless deluge of shitty writing and suffocatingly linear storytelling.
MGS started the cinematic trend as we know it.

>B-b-but movie games are different now, I wasn't wrong, I'm not under 18 I swear

not an argument

>an game

may not be the first but it's still shit

Lucky for me this isn't the debate club..

If my memory serves right, Half Life 1 came out in 98. So, not even close.

>If my memory serves right
be honest with yourself, you looked it up

98 was possibly the best game year ever. There were a fuck ton of games besides Sonic. I feel bad for poorfags that had only one console to play with back then. Catch up with history, you twat.

can we have at least one thread about the past without you nostaligfags shitting it up?

I already knew it was in the late 90s. Whether or not I looked it up doesn't affect this topic of what better game besides Sonic Adventure came out. This isn't a real life debate, we're on internet. In fact, it's better that I double checked my facts.

exactly how am I shitting it up? It was a shitty premise of a thread to begin with. Go back to Gaia if you want a circlejerk.

good job killing the thread

Best OST of 1998 maybe. Game was fucking garbage.

>Guys, Nintendo released SM64 and it was a platforming masterpiece and revolutionized the genre. What should we do?
>Let's just throw a bunch of shitty play-styles in and make sure there's an emphasis on a shit story. Oh, SM64 had a nice hub world, so let's throw in a bunch of shitty, broken up hub worlds.

if they had done something like sm64 and succeeded you have just bitched and moaned about how its a sm64 clone

If they managed to make a good game then I wouldn't be bitching about it.

doubt it

youtube.com/watch?v=zsIGkiXHO2A&ab_channel=blackblur7
Sonic Adventure's OST is criminally underrated

Nigger.

even people who hate SA recognize that the OST is good. You're retarded.

Not even fucking close to being a contender

youtu.be/iP5VzAc3i-A

No one cares about it outside of the main theme though

>Go back to Gaia

Listen old man, this board doesn't belong to you anymore. You're probably one of those oldfags who is super racist and transphobic. Sup Forums doesn't belong to your kind anymore.

I'll never like niggers, you can't make me.

Banjo-Kazooie is 1998's GOTY though

>tfw want to replay Banjo Kazooie without having to dig my N64 out but it runs terribly emulated
Why can't they port Rare Replay to PC already? Every other Xbox One exclusive has been

nope

Is it really not available on Windows 10?
Man Microsoft sucks ass, shame since the 360 version is fucking amazing.

Nope, despite literally everything else on the Xbone coming to PC they have been reluctant to port Rare Replay over, and Project 64 will literally never be good so you're at a loss unless you buy a Xbone for one singular game /collection

Fuck you nigger.

How?
Crash warped came out that year.

>1998
>so many good games you can argue which was the best for hours
>present year
>so little good games it's hard to even debate or think of a game worth putting up there
I really do hate the industry right now

Came with my Dreamcast, singlehandedly let me know I had made a bad console purchase.

Lol your computer is so shit it can't even run an N64 game

The worst part is that 2017 is easily the best year we've had in a while

That's not how emulation works. Certain games, especially with the Nintendo 64, simply don't do well on emulators as a result of the emulator itself being shoddy. Banjo Kazooie in particular has unstable framerate and graphical errors regardless of your computer.
be a little less of a retard next time

I just want Red Dead Redemption 2 and Jurassic World Evolution but I know this industry will fuck them up somehow.

Retard, this isn't up for discussion.

I have no framerate issues running the game on P64 2.3 so I guess it's a problem on your end and maybe you should be a little less of a faggot yourself

50 posts in and not a single person has posted a better game than sonic adventure, sad.

>my 1000+ dollar computer with a GTX 1080 can run it fine therefore P64 is flawless
No, faggo, most people agree P64 is pretty shit for an emulator

>sonic adventure

>good game

b8 detected

I have a fucking i3 stop projecting with that spec shit and they say it's pretty shit because it's not 100% accurate but in reality runs most games just fine

>mentions GPU
>deflects to CPU

GT 730 if you really want to know, now what?

>lying
>on the internet
post specs or gtfo

Not even on my computer but even if I was I wouldn't even bother doing that, who even lies about their own computer specs?

On Sup Forums, people lie about legitimately everything.

sorry sweetie

There are many GOTY-worthy titles that came out in 98. Sonic Adventure was not one of them, however.