Holy fuck. Bethesda just won't fucking stop trying to push paid mods

Holy fuck. Bethesda just won't fucking stop trying to push paid mods.

Other urls found in this thread:

nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/26251/?
nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/26251That
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Let them flounder in the dark. It will never catch on.

that's what people said abour horse armor

Even if it does. I'm sure someone will buy them just to upload to Nexus only to spite Bethesda.

>prototype gauss rifle
>canonically it's a manufactured military version compared to fo4's homemade gauss rifle

This is what you stealfags get for pirating my games and not getting skyrim on switch. Buy skyrim on switch or more paid mods will come.

They said horse armor wouldn't catch on? What the fuck's that supposed to mean.

So are like credits basically shark cards for Creation Club?

I think Creation Club is a great idea, it means we'll keep getting DLC that will all have to be to spec, work together and because of financial incentives and alpha, beta stages we'll get it faster and better quality than if it were left up to modders.

What's not to like?

What do bethesdabux equate to in people money?

How many USD is 50 bethesdabux? Any number you tell me will be insulting because how dare Bethesda ask me to pay money for a fucking texture swap, but I want to know exactly how insulted to be.

>uploading protected IP to legit sites

how do you not get scammed every day?

When and I'm pretty sure it didn't either so your point is moot.

It started paid DLC

Bethesda intern please leave.

I can't imagine ever buying another elderscrolls or fallout game after how amazingly shit the last two were.

>Hellfire armor
>TFW I'm a PS4 cuck when it comes to FO4 because my PC is a PClet

Damn it, I'm tempted but now.

>ill be insulting because how dare

1USD equals to 50 Bethesda's Creation Club Credits (3C). You can use 3C to buy any and all mods for sale on Creation Club website. While it's not a store, there will be frequent sales on both popular and more obscure mods.

People said something as silly as Horse Armor in Oblivion would never catch on, yes. Now, Overwatch runs on it.

>DLC is the same thing as mods

From the looks of it, most of these mods are for Xbone and PS4.
As always, it's the consoles who're fucking things up for us.

It's for console users

>paying 10 dollars for power armor
whew lad

I don't want to be told to pay for something that has been free for the entirety of my life prior to this point. Especially by Bethesda " The Modders Will Patch Our Game For Us " Softworks.

So the gun in OP is 8 bucks? The fuck?

No it did not you troglodyte.

There will be tons of 50 3C mods out there I'm sure. Plus all the sales and discounts.

The problem is its not "DLC WORTH OF CONTENT" its the extra shit you need on Nexus to make the game enjoyable.

Cant haul around your Dildo Collection 3.3 everywhere unless you got the Backpacks for All mod.

>It will never catch on
It's already too late. Who do you think buys these things? Kids do. Rather than buying new complete games they would rather spend it on DLC.

You must be 18+ to post here to understand what he's talking about, the principle is fucking same dumb degenerates

Press S to spit on its grave.

Jesus christ, I hope people don't fall for this shit. Power armor for ten fucking bucks, that's absurd.

>I'm okay with paying actual, literal money for a single low-res texture
You shouldn't be in charge of your own finances.

You're about to tell me what a financial wizkid you are an that you can afford to spend money on this bullshit. I promise, by thinking a dollar for a texture is a good deal, you are fucking abysmal with your money and you're going to end up homeless.

so how are they going to skirt around the 255 plugin limit? it comes around pretty fast with small mods like these.

>750 bethpoints cost 9€
>that gives you one power armor and a weapon skin

lol I aint bying that shit. someone will host a site with ripped mods. Just like Reddit has a modpiracy site.

Horse Armor did not start DLC. You might have a point if you're talking about COSMETIC DLC, but not DLC as a concept.

>Trainwiz defended this schlock

Lmao, waht a cuck

Of course he did, he's been trying, and obviously failing to get an actual job at bethesda, at least now he can pretend to have one kek.

>prince nipple
never heard of her

I bought the base game for $15 and someone is trying to sell a single weapon for $8?
That's hilarious.

Who cares? Those mods will eventually be retrieved from the game files and made available for everyone. Jews BTFO.

I just want all mods from Creation club to appear on obscure slav sites for free lol.
>tfw Bethesda will continue to work on those mods that I will be getting for free.

Then what started the concept of DLC? Expansions pack were always supposed to be "game" 1.5, when Horse armor came out every was laughing saying "haha this will never become the new standard, this will never replace expansion packs!"

Years later, look in Steam store how many games have small cosmetic DLCs, Saint's Row or Tomb Raider for example. There's huge possibility if we let this shit happen (I mean if people will spend MONEY on it) it will catch on and other devs will start doing this shit.

He defended it because he's probably in partnership with Bethesda and he'll make money out of it, I don't even know my people on /fog/ give tripfags attention

People should call him traincuck now

haha yeah I love memes

haha

>it's okay because it's 10% off

There will be mod bundles and discounts. These are Featured mods category that can be reclaimed individually, but buying a combination of several curated mods will lower each individual mod's price.

Wow, that is, slightly less shit, but still on the far side of being complete and utter shit.

At first they were too incompetent to make a working game so they let the fans make it with mods. Now they're trying to profit off of their incompetency. Jesus fucking christ.

you are trying too hard. I can already get everything I want free from nexus and loverslab mods I would not even be able to get from CC.

This is some kind of goof on me, right? This is like an internet version of candid camera. There isn't seriously someone on Sup Forums who is in support of this shit, right?

I wish I could stop coming here. I hate it here. I hate the people that are here.

>want to install over 100 mods as I usually do
>even at the best possible discounts it's gonna cost me well over 100 dollars regardless
kys

Realistically, how would this affect the free-mod scene for TES6?

Editing/working on game files isn't something that this prevents in any means, as far as I can tell. Surely we'll lose some potentially good mods to this system, but I can't imagine every single person on nexus(or loverslab) going over to it.

It'll probably fly better on consoles, but I really just don't see it happening on PC. They'd have to some drm-esqe shit hard coded in the game or something that could only allow shit from the creation crap, which seems implausible.

I would wager they won't even bother releasing mod tools for the next TES because they'll be scared it'll cut into their paid mod profits.

You must be 10 if you're asking that. Is that your only exposure to something like this? I mean you should get it just from looking at it.

Cant wait to pirate them.
>F4 only
Shit no one wants to play that. Did Bethesda invent the perfect anti piracy?

That's probably some amount of a safe bet, but I can guarantee that the community would create their own.

This, consoles are their biggest market and most people on PC are retards who play vanilla or at most install something from the Steam's workshop.
If this is profitable you can expect paid mods on Steam again.

No it's also coming to Nuskyrim but the same thing applies no one, aside from on the consoles, wants to play that.

I can already get the hellfire for FREE with optional 4k textures. Why would I buy lowres version?

Viral marketing and paid shills aren't real user :^)

Just wait until modders begin removing their mods from Nexus to resell them through Bethesda store. Remember what happened the last time the companies tried to push paid mods

How much are the credits going to cost?

I thought it was gaben's fault? you told me the midget dindu nuffink

Oh yeah that new edition of skyrim came out. of course no one will play it if its performing worse for little to no improvements mods can do better.

>nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/26251That shit is THICC

But yeah pretty much all these things have been done or will be done better by people on the nexus.

>those prices

Some people really like to take it up the ass don't they?

Its always like, after all they were the ones that popularized dlc.

$8 for a backpack???

Another $8 for a Gauss Rifle???

It's only $25 for Far Harbour XD

How does this make any sense

Modding is already dying down. The guys behind script extender have real life shit so they cant work on it. Bethesda also has made the modding tools more tedious to work with, not releasing documentation of any kind. Like custom animations for weapons in Fallout 4 was stumbled upon accidentally, no one knew that you could do it.

Bottomline is that without script extender the modding skene will be dead because its just so limited what you can do with what bethesda intends you to work with.

Bethesda already said that you cant release shit already on nexus through their shop.

>implying they'll enforce that

>backpacks

Fucking Jews, this should be standard equipment IN THE FUCKING GAME. I'm salty as fuck that I have to go and install a backpack mod when they know damned well there's a huge demand for backpacks as far back as in Skyrim.

You don't believe something as significant as tes6 would revitalize it by any degree?

If nothing else, the Bethesda fallout/tes are considered the primary games to mod, especially skyrim. I don't know if the same guys would make skse for tes6, but certainly someone will.

Stop buying games and pirate everything. Then you don't have to care about them pushing shit.

>nexusmods shut down over copyright claim

NexusBay.org

you think you can escape this? that this won't "catch on"? you poor, stupid, if optimistic, motherfuckers. Bethesda has committed to this initiative in earnest now, a couple of months ago the testing of waters giving only lukewarm protest. You should have gone nuclear, but there was only a peter of a boycott talked about and then it vanished. But no, really, this is the future now, and i'm sure there are top fucking minds over at bethesda figuring out a way to make mods as difficult to implement without CC access as possible, while also making custom mod drm.

The jewing has barely even begun, soon if not already, they'll start eyeing up nexus as a "potential partner". mod tools you need to subscribe to use will be the only way to upload a mod anywhere, and only if you have a valid tools license AND creation club premium creator's membership or some shit. This isn't some doomsday prophecy, this is shit we already see coming down the pipes, so open wide motherfuckers, todd's already got his pants off

there arent many guys around who can disassemble the engine code and rebuild it. They also said on Redit that for Oblivion and skyrim script extender they got help from bethesda with E-mails. This dried up when Special Needs version was unveiled.

So? No one is forcing you to play nor buy their shitty games.

please todd I already own 3 copies.

Give me ten good men and I can stop them.

I'm not even protesting Creation Club, I just think the prices are ridiculous.

$8 is too much to charge for ONE weapon or one suit of armour.

Wow tf are those prices?

Beth can't really believe anyone would buy this shit, right? Even the little kids dumb enough to probably couldn't afford it.

spoilered so todd doesn't read this,
but they'd probably make a ton more money if they just pulled a valve and did lootcrates.

I know it will seem like i'm shilling paid mods, but please bear with me for now:

At first I was a bit skeptical about the whole Creation Club announcement but when I read through their official website, it seems like this is a way for them to try and improve mods and
actually make them better.

They will have quality control, collaboration between the game devs and the mod authors and a bunch of other procedures and guidelines.

I can't wait for the exciting new mods that will come out from this system. Its gonna bring polish and better integration for mods as a whole.

I am really excited.

Just like DLC, season passes, pre-order DLC, ingame purchases, special editions without the actual game included, jewstarter, etc?

FUCK OFF TODD

Actually I'm pretty sure those mods are free.

PS4 can't use mods with new models iirc.

Unless Sony changed the rules for Bethesda to sell this shit.

They made a new file type specifically for this shit, it doesn't count against the limit but is small as fuck

This

others will. and the cancer will spread to every franchise, every publisher, every developer on every platform. think of a game you like? yeah, that one too.its going to get fucked and there isn't shit you can do about it. like playing older games? bethesda will find a way to fuck you there too. even if you stop playing games entirely, you'll be eating bethesda brand microwave dinners and "protein" shakes before you know it. they'll fucking own you and everyone and everything you love. you. can't. stop. it. eat shit while you still can for free.

PS4 mods cant use ANY external assets due to japs being shit with security. CC is a way to kinda circumvent it because everything goes through bethesda so nothing malicious should no happen.

>yfw consolebabies will cash out for this

If they do this people simply will stop buying their games

Notice the backpack, hellfire armor and recolors for pipboy? All already available on the Nexus so please tell me how they're actually enforcing that?

I only bought skyrim after I saw that it started to get grea mods.

Terribly naive there's legions of sheep just waiting to feast upon the pigslop and happily pay premium for it.

>They will have quality control, collaboration between the game devs
Yeah the same quality control for their own games right? That's why everyone of there games has an unofficial patch. Also will it be the same level of collaboration that happened for the script extenders?

Bethesda needs to sell TONS to justify their long production cycles and massive marketing budgets though. They really cannot afford another game with a reception as negative as FO4.

Even Asscreed slowed down their production after the bad publicity from Unity affected sales of their next one.