Why does Sup Forums hate the Gravity Rush games?

Why does Sup Forums hate the Gravity Rush games?
>fun and creative gameplay
>great character design
>great world design
>fantastic music
Yet whenever I see it brought up its met with nothing buy negativity. Is it just because they're Sony exclusive?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=958g2aJbei8&t
youtube.com/watch?v=YxhNYE4l45M
youtube.com/watch?v=drOEt17Ctac
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

But I don't hate them

Because nu-Sup Forums sees the world "anime" and start screeching like the autistic children they are.

I have both of them sitting in my rack, but I just for whatever reason haven't had the motivation to start them. Probably because I'm not doing so well and don't want the games to be associated with a bad time in my life.

Because the first game is decent at its best. I haven't tried the second one, but I'll get it on a discount cause I heard that the sequel improved on most of the flaws it had.

but i don't hate them

Because of people like you. I love these games but you guys are fucking creepy.

spikexkat

Kat has a big forehead

>sony exclusive
>'weebshit' with waifus
>actually pretty great idea, neatly implemented making people playing open-world-game-#45651561 jealous

Because Kat is smelly

I smell worse

I love them despite their flaws.

Reminder that Kat's outfit is her underwear

Because 80% of Sup Forums is about as good at the game as webm related.

Gravity Rush is way too radical for Sup Forums.
youtube.com/watch?v=958g2aJbei8&t

The movement is incredibly fun, but the missions are tedious and mostly awful, especially the stealth missions in 2. Still a real nice game with a cool story that explains things while still leaving a lot of lore hidden or open to inerpretation.

youtube.com/watch?v=YxhNYE4l45M

>why does [board] hate [thing]
Guaranteed replies, every single time.

i wont defend the games clunky controls and god awful camera, but i think this is on the money. watching snippets of streams and its embarassing how much time people just spend on the ground running. people are shockingly bad at both games

It still has its issues, but I really enjoy it.
I'm in love with the art style.

Why did Tony Hawk died?

Lisa cut off her hair

Find a flaw

Stinky, smelly, dumb, nonwhite

1st game was decent, it had a lot of flaws but i forgave it because it was a low budget title for the vita. the 2nd game i actually had expectations which the game failed to deliver, it was basically more of the same

She's tanned

i dont. they fun and comfy.

two should have toned down with the sneaking missions.

To be fair, Gravity Rush has a really unique movement system unlike any other game. You need to really wrap your head around how it works and spend time getting comfortable with moving around.

and then you have cringy faggots like
who give the game a bad name. 95% of gravity rush threads now is just waifub8.

You act like this doesn't happen with any other game.

Where the fuck do you think you are?

yeah it happens with bottom the barrel weeb trash like those shitty nep games. gravity rush is better than that.

I really liked them. GR1 was a flawed but interesting and enjoyable game, GR2 was imo excellent and a great example of how to make a proper sequel.

What the fuck is creepy about the OP post?

>Why does Sup Forums hate X?
>Reasons why I think X are good
>But Sup Forums is negative, how come?
I don't see anything that could possibly be taken as "creepy".

youtube.com/watch?v=drOEt17Ctac

This and Nier just felt so repetitive to me. I don't know man, the best thing I played on my PS4 this year is RE7, hands down.

I really wanted to like GR, but the comic panels, the constant text boxes, the combat... it just all put me off to the game.

>25 minutes of upskirt
This is some sad shit.

Gravity Rush 1 is my favorite game of all time

I liked a lot of GR2 but as a whole package I prefer 1

It's not on PC that's why.

dont you have a nazi protest to be at ?

Cute girls are problematic and sexist

Its not on PC or a Nintendo system so that means 95% of Sup Forums will never even play it

Kat is a dirty hobo

Might be a cult hit, but I think it still gets some love around here.

It gets more love than hate. A lot of the shitposting against it is just the "it looks like a weeb game so it sucks and that's the only reason you play it" sort of shitposting.

Valid complaints raised against it are usually about the combat/camera and nonsensical story, and while I disagree with some of them I can see why they'd bother other people.

Remmeber Sony Smash?

I just hope they don't try to "westernize" it ever

I've hardly seen any hate towards them, if someone doesn't like them they tend to cite actual reasons and not just
>weebshit

Is Siren good?

I don't hate it, but then again I also haven't Played it entirely. Just Demos at stores, but they were fun.
Aside from Digimon or KH collection they'll probably one of the first few games I get when I buy a PS4

I dunno, I feel like Gravity Rush 2 got a mixed reception because of the story. I always see people say that it was disappointing to them. It also gets overlooked when people talk about their favorite games from this year, and it sometimes doesn't even get mentioned when people talk about the memorable PS4 exclusives. I mean, there was this thread yesterday:

Anyone play the Raven DLC? I platinumed it back in March and haven't gone back since

IIRC that thread was full of people telling OP he was retarded.

Because the camera is garbage, the missions are incredibly boring, and Sup Forums is full of obnoxious and pathetic waifufags who constantly screech about "HER GAME", making Kat seem like a Lightning-tier shitter.

Yeah, I thought it was kind of forgettable.

Can't complain too much considering it was free, but it throws in some time travel malarkey at the end that semi-retcons the most interesting parts of the first game and didn't make a whole lot of sense to me.

I liked the first one but it was 7/10 at best.

Oh well, at least your game is good, unlike P5 so you're an ok exclusivity.

Weird. I'd known it was supposed to take place somewhere during the first and between the two games kind of like that animated short.

I guess I'll get to it eventually when I want to revisit the world.

Japan Studio is underrated

>that semi-retcons
yall niggas don't understand time travel

those events still had to happen in order for raven to reach the point where she could create the paradox that erased her past. they didn't just "not happen" any more. her past existing and then having to be erased for the sake of the universe are both integral parts of the story.

WHy does GR have such a dumb story?

Cool, doesn't change the fact that 90% of GR1 didn't happen in the GR2 timeline. Basically everyone is a different character with a different history. Kat fell down to Hekseville and then we no longer know what happened.

you don't get it

Then explain how the Kat we play in GR2 experienced the Boutoume saga from GR1 even though there were no children down there.

nothing but the poster behind it, the guys who make GR threads, are all creeps.

you're a creep

Yunica should get her own game

These games have the best "flyng" as a human experience I've ever seen. It's really liberating. THe first tiem Ive laoded it up, I've spent a good 30 minutes just fucking around because the flying mechanic was just too fun.

maybe you should actually read the thread

what should the next collab with GR be?

I don't have an explanation, I'm just saying that it isn't a retcon. one set of events happening and then in-game time travel occurring to change those events to a different set is not a retcon.

an actual retcon would be something like the power armor situation in Fallout. they're supposed to run on fusion reactors that last for hundreds of years without refueling, yet in Fallout 4 they run on batteries that last only a few hours - a pure gameplay decision to balance how powerful the armor is. There is no story reason offered for why the change was made - rather, the writers are just asking us to pretend it was always like that, for the sake of gameplay. that's retroactive continuity.

the events in GR1 didn't just disappear because japan studio decided to pretend they never happened. the timeline changes directly because of what happens during Raven's DLC, and they're still a vital part of her character growth. it also lends a melancholic tone to her story because we see her actively sacrificing her own past in order to save the world.

Raven at the end of the DLC still seems to be herself, but with an enormous gap in her memory, and unlike regular amnesia there's no chance of her getting those memories back because the events no longer happened for her. it's supposed to be bittersweet.

>there's no chance of her getting those memories back because the events no longer happened for her.
Doesn't Bit give them back near the end of GR2?

spikat

Somebody start a petition

maybe? I actually don't remember desu. I've been meaning to play through it again some time soon.

I guess if a god intervenes then anything's possible

GR1 was mostly just a physics demo and was very limited because of the Vita hardware. Moving it to PS4 helped a lot.

Sup Forums just picks a game out of the blue to shitpost about, nothing new here

Jokes on you

GR2 is currently my GOTY right now (and I've played Zelda/Horizon)

It really expanded on the first game in every single way. I'll probably not play a more comfy game this year.

post more pics

>Horizon
>anywhere near GOTY
bait

It's not like there's ever a reason to not just Gravity Kick everything to death. It's the easiest way to fight.

If you insist

shitposting aside, an ape escape and gravity rush crossover could be cute and fun

>I'm just saying that it isn't a retcon
That's why that other user called it a semi-retcon. The DLC suddenly leaves a big fucking gap in between what happened after Kat fell down to Hekseville and the beginning of GR2. Yes, GR1 still happened, but GR2 doesn't finish GR1 Kat's story.
>the writers are just asking us to pretend it was always like that, for the sake of gameplay
So the writers just ask me to pretend the new timeline played out extremely similarly although huge parts of development between Kat and Raven is suddenly missing. Just for a bittersweet ending to Raven's story.

Even Kat wants "2B" 2B

2B, more like 2lewd.

>It's not like there's ever a reason to not just Gravity Kick everything to death.
Well if you're one of the many people who posts in every Gravity Rush thread
>this game has shit combat all you ever do is gravity kick everybody
then that's a pretty good reason to try not mindlessly spamming the same maneuver all the time.
Just because you can faceroll through the combat doesn't mean you have to.

Kat needs more outfits from other vidya girls

Yeah, but there's no reason to ever actually use any of the other combat choices. Punching things is worthless since the damage is really low and dodging is just awful if you're not in the sky, using the stasis throw means you have to go find items to throw and even then they usually just fly around the enemy rather than accurately hit their mark and it's really finicky to pick it up, so the only other choice you're really left with is kicking everything.

I took more pictures of Raven than Kat, even though I like Kat more.

She just lost her shota, she needs some love too.

What did you want, exactly?

Did you expect the game to give you a complete recap of Kat and Raven's history together? The fact that GR2 events still happen in spite of the DLC means that, yes, whatever happens in the "new" timeline, events still play out in such a way that Kat and Raven do meet up and become friends and so on. We aren't told precisely what the new events are, but they are irrelevant because the fact that GR2 still happens means the new timeline still leads to GR2 happening.

Raven herself is an anomaly now. She doesn't have a "different" past, she has no past. She is a living paradox. The universe was forced to put her in that state in order to fix everything when she caught the bus.

Grinds to a halt for cringeworthy forced dialogue every 30 seconds.

What would the story be?

who gave you permission to post my wife

I usually just hop around using lunar style since plain falling everywhere gets kinda boring