At the end of the battle, the Hortator found that he had gathered seven more spokes...

>At the end of the battle, the Hortator found that he had gathered seven more spokes. He attempted to attach them and form a staff but Vivec would not let him, saying, 'It is not the time for that.'
>Nerevar said, 'Where did I find these?'
>Vivec said that they had collected them from around the world, though some had come invisibly. 'I am the wheel,' he said, and took that shape. Before the emptiness at the center could live too long, Nerevar put in the spokes.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

>there will never be an actual sequel to Morrowind / a new proper entry in TES
>the universe is now a basic, bland generic setting, and will be so forever and ever
>it will sell like hotcakes nonetheless
>people will remember Arena, Daggerfall and Redguard even less than Morrowind (Battlespire should be forgotten, it is shit)
>a substantial part of the playerbase of the next TES will not yet have been born when Oblivion came out

If you'd actually played Daggerfall you'd know what a disappointment Morrowind was

It's still a good game, but it's absolutely in the same tier as Oblivion and Skyrim

Skyrim isn't that bad. Oblivion is horseshit though.

Morrowind is a considerably better world and setting than Daggerfall.

Can you imagine all the shit Kirkrbride would've come up with HAD he actually been on drugs and not an alcoholic?

Morrowind hit a good meeting point between substantive content and a good sized world, but yes, it was a downsizing of the series in a major way. It made up for it with good world building, but proper sequels to it should have massively improved on gameplay, dungeon design, while keeping the flavour and the zest of the setting Morrowind has sparked up in TES.

Gameworld size besides, the Morrowind-Oboivion streamlining was much worse for the series than the Daggerfall-Morrowind, from where I am standing.

If you'd actually played Daggerfall you'd know it's nowhere near as good as its memed to be, albeit still one of the best 90s western RPGs

>Gameworld size besides, the Morrowind-Oboivion streamlining was much worse for the series than the Daggerfall-Morrowind, from where I am standing.

Pretty much. I mean shit, did you really use language skills in Daggerfall? Battlespire made talking to monsters actually a big deal, but those were clearly filler flavor skills that did no good.

Morrowind is smaller than Oblivion and Skyrim and has less quests, less text and less variety in mobs. It's literally the TES game with the absolute least content.

Daggerfall is a generic Ultima ripoff

>less text
Lol no, also you have to take into account that it is the old of the three.

Nigga he was on shrooms when he wrote the 36 lessons. He would have probably died had Toddski didn't found him in his apartment.

Just because everyone doesn't scream at you to do their quests doesn't mean Morrowind has less of them. It has many more, and most of them are significantly more involved than Skyrim and to a lesser degree Oblivion.

>enemy variety
Have you even played Skyrim or Oblivion?

I've played all of the elder scrolls games. By actual number of quests, lines of unique text and interactable options morrowind has the least of any elder scrolls game. My favorite elder scrolls are Morrowind and Daggerfall but morrowind is technically the smallest in every measurable way.
Look it up. It has less unique dialogue and book text than either Oblivion or Skyrim

>By actual number of quests, lines of unique text and interactable options

Got a source on this? Because I refuse to believe MORROWIND has less text than Oblivion and especially fucking Skyrim.

He hasn't, he's talking out of his ass. UESP lists Morrowind at around 400+ quests. Oblivion 200, and Skyrim around 244.

The guy is literally talking out of his ass and thinks he's knows his shit because he's "played all of the elder scrolls games", as if loads of people haven't.

t. his ass

Not him, but that is feasible, provided one does not count each and every retelling of a wikipedia page whenever one asks a local bar fly about the town and he spouts its whole history at you the exact same way a city guard or a noble would.

In terms of sheer unique dialog it's probably Oblivion that takes the score. The Imperial City might not be as populated or as marvelous as it should be, but it does have plenty of unique dialogue from NPCs, even it is just the odd one-liner with their name and something about the city or a family squabble etc.
Oblivion's dialog trees are a lot more restricted due to VA, but let that not distract you from the unique shit, if that is the quality being questioned.

His comments on dialog is purely guesswork which he can't prove but Morrowind factually has around 2x as many quests as Skyrim and Oblivion. So he's just, as others have said, talking out of his shitty stinky ass.

I'm not sure if I consider unique permutations of 10 lines that two NPCs can shout at each other equates to 'more text' or 'more unique dialog' than Morrowind.

Lmao you couldn't be any more deluded. Morrowind is by far the TES game with the most "absolute" content. Way more quests, way more artifacts, way more weapons, way more armour, way more unique loot etc.

yeah but it doesn't read like a wiki and it's voiced so that retains my short attentio

Wait, the Todd saved Kirkbride's life? That man is a hero! I'm going to buy 5 copies of Skyrim: Special Edition now, and you niggas should do too! Word!

I don't mean the I Saw A Mudcrab The Other Day conversations, but the basic stuff when you walk up to an NPC and ask them about the city, sometimes you get some neat flavour about themselves or a husband/wife that's got little to do with a quest, but is notable in some way. For instance one is a trainer, and you have the guy's wife being glad about him settling down for the quiet life.

Little stuff like that IS unique, and I recall more of them than the varying infodumps you got out of NPCs in Morrowind most of the time. By all means please correct me if I am wrong, but due to the very nature of the dialogue system in Morrowind, you'd have a lot more of the same going on.

Funny thing is that I still prefer un-VA'd basic text, and Morrowind's speech system is generally better (i.e. meaningful taunting or intimidating instead of a retarded minigame), but I have to admit Oblivion probably has more unique bits in general.

We know Half-Life 3 will be a VR open world action game with RPG elements. I think Bethesda should make it. You want new Gordon Freeman adventures, yes you do.

>spare a coin for an old beggar?

>*voice drops 2 octaves*
>HAVE YOU HEARD ABOUT THAT GHOST OF THE OLD MAN THAT LOOKS OUT INTO NIBEN BAY EACH NIGHT?

Why would I want Half Life 3 when I have glorious Skyrim with cheap mods?

Wait a minute, let me do that one again.

Imagine playing the new Half-Life as Argordian Freezard. You'd buy that DLC, right?

>less quests

>Have you heard any news from the other provinces?
>Nothing I'd like to talk about.
>STOP TALKING.

F4 has literally infinite quests. You can't get higher than that.

Distinct lack of Daggerfall on that graph

oh look it's the "if i roleplay that im a 85 year old gamer people will consider me wise and respect me" post

>TES VI is absolutely guaranteed to be a stealth-archer loot-a-thon "RPG" with 4 dialogue choices, and no stats or skills because of how ballbustingly well FO4 did
>it's either going to be High Rock for generic western euro fantasy or it's going to butcher another province so it doesn't scare casuals off
>settlement system GUARANTEED to be forced in so beth doesn't have to bother making more than ~2 large towns
>you will basically be getting fallout 4 with swords

I know this is going to sound pretentious as fuck but getting popular has ruined Bethesda as a company. DLC for fo3, fonv, and skyrimjob were all mostly expansions that introduced new worldspaces and a series of quests. DLC for fo4 is insubstantial workshop shit that doesn't add anything good, with the expansions being Point Lookout 2 and The Pitt 2.
Plus, we all know TES VI isn't going to come out until ESO dies. Zenimax knows it's going to strangle their game to death the moment it launches, so beth is going to have to keep churning Skyrim out on different systems for the next decade.

user, seriously, we all know it's going to be in ___Skyrim____.

>remembering FO3 being 'Oblivion with guns'

life is pain, candy cane

I might add it later. UESP says 243 including the CompUSA patch. cutting out repeatable and "radiant" quests would impact that number significantly. Regardless of that, Daggerfall is still a pretty awesome game.

Daggerfall was my first and Morrowind is my favorite though.

Does anyone have anymore Kirkbride pics? Looking specifically for the one of him on the ground drugged out and an annotation said something about Todd finding him like that after not coming into work

Oblivion was the worst offender to the Elder Scrolls lore and universe. Skyrim at least kept some of the insane Kirkbride ramblings and incorporated it into the story to some degree.

Oblivion was basic fantasy garbage. Morrowind remains the best game in the series to this day. Let's just hope the next game adds some more complexity to the gameplay and brings back some of the TES wackiness to the lore and story.

the only thing you just said that isn't a falsehood is that the world is smaller, and that is not a bad thing. Le open world meme hadn't yet arrived, so making vast empty expanses of nothing for no good reason was not in vogue yet, and consequently the world actually has stuff in it. Stuff other than random bandits. It's incredible

Daggerfall was an abysmal mess. It was nothing more than a novelty at release with a "Wow look how massive this game is!" appeal.

Thanks pal

I liked a lot of what Daggerfall was doing but it was like 90% randomly generated soulless non-content, and the world was almost all empty and flat. Morrowind was a much more finely crafted experience.

No problem