What went wrong?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8hlEShsDl3U
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>frame rate
>exclusive

it had to be on a console.

one of the greatest games of all time imo

Two years later and Sup Forums STILL hasn't gotten over Bloodborne.

>framerate
>console exclusive
Still the best game released on this decade tho

It's not Ape Escape 4

frame pacing, which is worse than framerate dips
chalices

Nothing. Game of the generation and still the only good PS4 game

>haha we won sonybros :D
>we're holding one(1) good game hostage as an inferior product on our $400 plastic box with the power of a $150 budget pc
>I hope you've paid Sony to use your own fucking internet connection to connect to a different company's servers so we can play bloodborne for about 40 minutes before quitting in frustration at the 90 second load times bros!
>bros!
>have I said bros ironically enough yet I want to fit in

It'll be okay user

I have no idea. Some people seem to be butthurt about it, that's all I know.

>mustards are still salty
this never gets old
just wait a decade for emulator mate

It's fine, at least I have more than one game to play.

garbage hitboxes

Blood vials is a retarded system.

Framerate and loading times. Other than that, nothing.

>Bosses are mediocre except for a few exceptions
>Last third of the game is disappointing compared to the rest
>Chalice dungeons are shit tier
>no magic
>no build diversity

it's overrated trash loved by sonybros because it was the only game on ps4 at the time it released

>Broken matchmaking
>almost no weapons
>linear level design
>repetitive dungeons
>no replayability unless you're an autistic cuck
>no hidden walls/ secrets
>awful multiplayer and pvp
>loading times

Level design is also a step backwards compared to DS1 honestly.

Framerate
Loading times
Delayed attack animation meme ad nauseam like all other From games post-DaS
Blood vials
Very little environment variety

>chalice dungeons are a chore to play
>diablo-esque blood gem system encourages farming
>non-existent pvp due to poor implementation and farming required to be meta
>some weapons are available way too late
>faster pace of combat led to enemies who spam attacks which led to dodge spamming to counter it
>ranged parries take away a lot of risk from parrying, almost DaS1 levels of ez pz parry
>the most cryptic NPC questlines in the series (when the game came out)
>lore was cryptic and more "open to interpretation" than any other game in the series almost
>poor framerate and resolution since PS4 exclusive
>DLC that adds a fraction of replayability and variety came out long after the game was dead
Just a few personal gripes of mine. Still was a good game. It's nowhere near the 11/10 or -1/10 that people make it out to be. Solid 8 in my opinion, 7 if you take into account the lack of replayability.

>peecucks will NEVER, EVER EVER play bloodborne
Well at least they have Dad Dating Simulator and Hunie Pop, right? Oh And I heard they finally got Demon's Souls running on emulator. Isn't that game like almost a decade old now?

>poorfags cant afford every console of the generation as well as an up-to-date PC
How are those food stamps treating ya, user?

>gayming pc
>no good games
What's the point

4 out of 5 meme points
you forgot the frog
which was the other game besides Undertale anyway?

stay assblasted

PLS STOP

>Majority of bosses are bad with a few exceptions like Logarius (this is remedied by the DLC though)
>Level design is split between fully hub like DeS and fully realized interconnected world like DaS making it feel awkward at times
>Blood Vial farming is annoying
>Byrgenwerth, Lecture Hall and Yahar'ghul are incredibly underwhelming
>Chalice Dungeons aren't very good content
>Low build variety
>Hunter fights require cheese because they are poorly designed due to having infinite stamina and bullets
That's about all I can think of, the base game is an 8/10 but Old Hunters bumps it up to a 10/10.

I don't like the setting. What is it, Victorian era?

>get modern multiplats as well as classic titles on PC since it's the superior experience to consoles
>emulate every console possible on PC
>get CFW/hacked consoles for every console you can't emulate
After you do all that you can buy the two or so console exclusives that are both worth playing and non-emulateable, I guess.

Nothing that game is a masterpiece.

This is the lie that peefats try to sell, but in reality it's:
>can only emulate games from last generation and older
>get sloppy ports from consoles that you have to mod to death because there are so few games to play
>2d steam shovelware and "simulators"

>>get sloppy ports from consoles that you have to mod to death because there are so few games to play
did you mean
>get direct ports from consoles that are nigh unplayable due to tiny resolutions and SILKY SMOOTH 12 FPS caps
>have to mod the shit out of them to bring them up to the PC standard

no, you get sloppy ports. you have to mod the shit out of them to get as much gameplay out of them as possible because they're the only good games you even have, despite being bad ports.

the rest of your library is shitty indie games that are all the same with "ironic" bad graphics, and tons and tons of steam shovelware.

/thread

former peecuck, can confirm, pc has no good games

>no, you get sloppy ports. you have to mod the shit out of them to get as much gameplay out of them as possible because they're the only good games you even have, despite being bad ports.
Hmm
>laziest PC port in recent years was Dark Souls 1
>it's just a 1:1 port of the 360 version, even down to the button prompts
>still comes with all the DLC, all patches up to the DLC release, and free online
>all at a cheaper price than the original game+DLC on console
>people then modded it to run even better than the original console versions
Our "sloppy ports" are simply equal to the best versions you can get on consoles. The only difference is we can mod ours to make them indisputably the best version.

the lock on mechanic is fucked compared to DS1 & 2

undertale is on ps4, pubg is on xbox one, xcom is on ps4. the only 3 good pc exclusives in the past decade. all lost to consoles.

>all lost to consoles.
>what are inferior ports
Oh no guys, we lost the original Doom to the SNES! I mean, the port they got is terrible and has no modding capabilities to make it better, but still - how will us PCfats ever recover?

The game is a masterpiece, the faults are mostly technical, like the sketchy frame pacing

>PS+
>Chalice dungeon/blood gem grinding
>Somewhat limited weapon variety
>Too short
These are the only things that bring the game down. Lore, environment, bosses, available weapon movesets, and chalice dungeons are all amazing.

Fuck sony for holding my favourite souls game hostage on a £400 nogames box that's not good for anything else besides gathering dust in my living room

>Bosses
>All amazing
Do explain how Micolash, Witches of Hemwick, Celestial Emissary, Darkbeast Paarl, Cleric Beast and Amygdala are awesome.

Lack of early game weapon variety
Replay-ability neutered due to no build variety
Farming blood vials
Nightmare frontier
Npcs should have more depth
Bloodgems are annoying and hunting for them in the dungeons blows

that being said delicious music, atmosphere and enemy design

Can't wait for aztec souls

Your birthday.

Frame rate, chromatic aberration, chalice dungeons, rom, and the boring as fuck snake forest. Pretty much the only complaints i can think of.

Nothing

It's a fooking videogame legend

Frame rates.
Loading times.
Co-op
I have a PS4 but it sucks ass. Having to pay for PS+ is also shit.

>my inability to git gud

It's way more than one these days

You are prooving his point idiot

bloodborne alone is literally better than anything the pc has shitted out in the entire history of gaming. But stay mad.and btw i have over 500 games on my steam.

>hostage

This is always such retard think.

But you lost undertale and HL3 is cancelled user? What else? Gonna rack up another few hours in TF2?

Bro, it's been years since Bloodborne came out. You can't honestly believe that the PS4 only has one good game.

>All of the weapons play the same, even with their ability transform you always end up mashing R1
>Shitty rip off of Lovecraft's ideas and a story that makes no sense
>Dream areas are all pretty much garbage
>All of the areas look the same and have the same atmosphere.
>Generic OST

I mean BB is still better than Dark Souls 2 and Dark Souls 3, but it doesn't even come close to how great Demon's Souls and Dark Souls 1 were.

even if half life 3 was released it would still be in consoles like the previous ones. pcshhits has no leg to stand on but grand strategies and rts games when it comes to exclusives

>every console possible

user there was a 300+ reply thread THIS MORNING discussing the shite state of even PS2 emulation

nothing aside from your shitpost

No just sloppy ports, better set aside that 120GB for Final Fantasy user.

there is no reason to play it twice, all the dark souls games have a lot of replay value

>recent years

Forgetting batman again i see.

Same thing as every souls game, a handful of great areas/bosses with the rest being shit areas and bosses, then redeemed by dlc

Except Dark Souls III DLC was aggressively bad.

Demon's Souls didn't need a DLC to be great.

Yeah that's true, Gael was the only good part of it

Broken archstone never ever:(

*blocks your path*

This is bait.

>Retarded looking Yeti
Maybe it was a good thing that the final archstone was never released

Wasn't a lot of the map from das2s snowy doc from the broken archstone content?

this

No idea, it was called Land of the Giants in the DeS files but it does appear to have been a snowy castle area.

youtube.com/watch?v=8hlEShsDl3U

>Framerate
Only real flaw.
>Loading times
Much better than they were at launch.
>Delayed attack animation meme ad nauseam like all other From games post-DaS
Not only are you bad at not being able to adjust, but DaS did this too.
>Blood vials
Are fine.
>Very little environment variety
More than some Souls games.

it's fans, I guess?

the game's fine, I've beaten if like, 5 times now, I guess I have to set a complaint out that the progression for aquiring weapons is pretty damn linear unless you feel like slapping around
certain hunters and bosses with a wet noodle.

Chasing Micolash was funny as fuck, not all bosses need to be the exact same.

Witch was too easy, yes, but that's just one boss.

Darkbeast Paarl and Cleric Beast are fine, I don't know what I have to defend there.

Never fought Celesial or Amygdala.

>amazing game
>best in the series
>can literally never be discussed because of faggot platform war tribalist children

Such a shame they couldn't finish that maps. All the enemies had their animations, and I assume they were planning to put in the pure bladestone quest in there.

>Darkbeast Paarl and Cleric Beast are fine
You hug their feet and mash R1, not much of a fight. You can chain Darkbeast Paarl to collapse if you have enough stamina too since his legs give out.

It's a mediocre game made by mediocre developers loved by reddit

too easy, it starts off difficult, sure, when you're learning (and unlearning) things, but it gets easy quickly, the skill level plateaus.

also, there's seemingly no benefits whatsoever to having high insight.

Micolash was shit imo, just found it annoying chasing him
Celestial emissary was bad
Mergo and the one reborn fights sucked but i loved mergos OST
Other than that no complaints with the game

Insight was such a wasted opportunity.

They could have done way more with that whole mechanic.

>Not false flagging from both sides to trigger autists in the platform war.
Bloodborne is both my favorite souls game that will never come to PC and also the worst one held back by a shitty console

To those new buyers. Get the definitive edition.

>It didnt get a stateside release
too much effort to wait an extra week to get it in the mail? Enjoy that 8gb on install patch on the 1.0 version.

Only good fights in the base game are Gascoigne, Logarious, Shadow of Yharnam, Ebrietas and Gehrman.

I liked amygdala and some of the chalice bosses too

the second half:
it becomes pretty much a level -> loading screen -> level progression with shit bosses, and mostly shit areas.

Byrgenwerth (trash) -> Rom (trash) -> loading screen -> Yahrghul (trash) -> One Reborn (trash) -> loading screen -> College Building (trash) -> loading screen -> Nightmare of Mensis (god-tier) -> Micolash (trash) ->Mergo's Nurse (mediocre considering she's penultimate boss) -> loading screen -> Hunter's Dream

I think they went too tricky for their own good with some of the levels. The best levels are very close to their previous themes, made even better. Central Yharnam has to be one of the finest levels in all of video games. Meanwhile, the more gimmicky and otherworldy Nightmares and Yahargul fail to be innovate and achieve previous greatness of the more taditional levels.

Amygdala is alright, wouldn't put in the same tier as the ones I mentioned but it's definitely better than trash like Celestial Emissary or Micolash.

My problem with it is that the boss is another 'big creature that flails its limbs around' which are all beaten the same way. Ebrietas falls under this category but she had a diverse enough moveset and higher mobility to make it interesting.

The DLC makes up for the base game's poor boss spread though.

>hostage
>pckeks never ever

It's the best game of this generation.

Only thing i didnt like were the armors had pretty much the same stats.

Meant for Although I do agree that Byrgenwerth and Yahar'ghul are pretty lame, especially Byrgenwerth.

I mean, twice is okay. Since the game essentialy nusges you to STR/ARC or BlT/SKL build, both times have pretty unique weapons.

all miyazaki games have weak second halves

Agreed, it's a weaker second half than das, aside from gherman amygdala and Martyr

Not on PC. Fucking love the game but being able to play it at 60fps would be nice.

>it's a weaker second half than das
Lol